Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:12 am

Advanced search

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 454 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: CH. 9: Winter is Coming
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:59 am 
Magistrate
Magistrate

Felran just follows the goblin, wherever that takes him.

(OOC: I'm tired.)

The Dragon
The Phoenix
The Eagle

Felran - War of teh Lance
Phaethon - Fighter

Unnamed - Ravenloft
Grey Elf - Wu-jen Elementalist (Fire)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:45 am 
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Arulia shivers as the dragon passes over her. Despite her increasing familiarity with the creatures, she can't imagine ever becoming used to them. Indeed, it takes a large portion of her self-control to stay in the street and not run for whatever cover she might find. In a shaky voice, she replies to the dwarf's observation. "I never believed in them before, either. But once I saw one...well, they are not like they are in the stories, are they? Even the worst of the stories my mother would tell us to frighten us into good behavior don't make them as terrible as they really are."

Spurred on by her desire for shelter from the now-departed dragon, Arulia hurries after as Shima leads them towards the Steel Tankard.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:40 am 
Emperor
Emperor

Grubnick shakes his head mostly to himself and follows the gnome.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:23 pm 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Haahqae, Tulbas, Gobax and Felran (Steel Tankard Inn, Room 15)
The four head up to Haahqae's room. Gobax has seen it before, but Tulbas and Felran have not. The room was hardly a four-star suite. Not even half a star, really. But what could one expect from a dive like this? The curtains have moth holes in them, the bed sheets have a faint odor to them--and there's an old red stain on the wall that one would hope is ketchup, but it's probably best not to really think about it. The window wasn't completely level, either, so it was rather chilly in the room, as a result.

Kendra Greylock (Golden Thread Tailor shop, Noble district)
"A dress you say?" the tailor repeats. "Ah, perhaps for the party tonight? Well, what fashion and design are you looking for? And how much are you looking to spend?"

Arulia, Ne-Chanz and Shima (Market Street, Merchant district)
As the three are approaching the Steel Tankard, they hear a commotion ahead of them. A pair of kender are being chased by a goblin soldier. The kender are coming straight toward them. "Stop them!" the goblin calls, sword drawn. "Don't let them get away!"

The kender, a pair of young women, are both running at full speed and calling taunts over their shoulders at their goblin pursuer.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:37 pm 
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

"Let them pass," Arulia mutters to Shima, then puts her words to action and stands back to let the kender women run by. After they pass, she steps back into the street...and coincidentally into the path of the goblin.

(OOC: If Ne-Chanz is traveling with Arulia and Shima, she'll include him in her suggestion. I have the impression, though, that she and Shima left after Ne-Chanz did and are separate from him.)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:59 pm 
Knight
Knight

"Huh what's with all you coming up here too? It was only Grubnick that I had to show it to. As I said, my place really isn't fit for visitors."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:54 pm 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Following Arulia's lead, Shima makes an ungainly attempt to grab {OOC: deliberate miss} for one of the Kender - giving the diminutive female a wink if it looks at Shima after Shima has turned his back on the goblin.
~Not keen on goblins anyway,~ he thinks.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:27 pm 
Duke
Duke

"I'm afraid I don't know much about fancy dresses," Kendra admits. "I want something that will make me stand out a little. Something in light blue. How much is one of your best dresses?"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:15 am 
Viscount
Viscount

"Oh, I thought you were referring to all of us." Tulbas says. "Since we are already here it is an opportunity to discuss quickly our next steps. There are three issues we need to deal with. The money stolen from us, Belzor and... err..." Tulbas looks at Gobax contemplating for a heartbeat but then continues, "The promise Gregeddin made in the trade guild about meeting the prefect. The first two are urgent if we want to accomplish anything."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:23 am 
Lord
Lord

(Are these the kender from earlier? If so, he stops them. If not, he pretends to try but fails, convincingly.)

WotL:Ne-Chanz, Minotaur Fighter- Casual Murder
Demiplane:Cal Lightfoot, Gnome Thief/Illusionist (Improv Kit)- Chilling
AD:LitC: Jacen Terro, Half-Elf fighter- HOLD

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:20 am 
Knight
Knight

Haahqae replies a little irritably "Well those are simple. Shortly we'll leave to check out Belzor, then we'll check out your shop to see if they've shown up there. And if that doesn't work, maybe we could put up wanted posters for them? As for the prefect, well that's just a simple matter of Gregeddin delivering the message. I'm sure he's already done it by now." With a look that suggests: could you give Grubnick and me some privacy now?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:47 am 
Emperor
Emperor

I agree Belzor should be first. As agents of the church in this matter, however, should you seek out some healing there first Tulbas? Haaque, perhaps if the church healed you as well it would be less conspicuous. I worry if Belzor remains he may have more priests and Histachii we have not dealt with. To that same end, should we not also gather more of the group such as the Minotaur and the girl?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:30 am 
Knight
Knight

"Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. And we could ask them for a patrol to help us out while we're at it. And maybe get a reward from them so we can pay our hired hands. And also help us hunt down the girls. I wonder if they have some way of scrying the girls from the temple."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:07 pm 
Viscount
Viscount

"I rather return to the church after dealing with Belzor. He might have secrets that will increase the church's power and this occupation will never end." Tulbas says grievously. Then looking straight at Gobax, "If they had found the books describing the Histachii creation, you can be sure squads of these would swarm the roads of the city in no time. Think of all the poor people that will suffer the transformation. No. I'd rather risk myself and not let the church or the red army hurt us more." Tulbas pauses for a second his eyes staring at a point behind the short goblin as the image of his parents being murdered that he recently saw while being delusional, returns to him. "Of course, that doesn't mean we shouldn't come prepared for a fight." His focus returns to the group again.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:58 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Grubnick takes a long look at the mangled Elf, weighing his words and expressions... no love for the church there... He watches Felarn a moment... no love for the army... before turning to look at the Gnome. No point hiding it anymore.

Pulling out his holy symbol he whispers a prayer so the others can hear. Sirrion, True god of flame and creativity, Grand Alchemist, Firemaster; heal these three that we may put an end to this false god Belzor, the goblin practically spits the name out. Guide my path with your flame that we might survive the Dragon Queen to see her rule here end. But let me be your purging fire here, whether I endure to the last or not.

At the end he touches Tulbas arm lightly, [Cure Light Wounds], then repeats the spell (not the lengthy prayer) once for Felarn and for Haahque if allowed.

The goblin watches the three cautiously. The old gods live. Don't speak the Dragon Queen's name if you can avoid it... You three have me in an awkward position now... I'm trusting you to keep it secret. According to the laws now I could be executed for heresy. Tulbas, you may need to seek healing at the temple after we confront Belzor again to account for your newly repaired condition. Most of Haahque's injury was due to an arrow so his wound is easily hidden. Miraculously sealed injuries may draw too much attention... he pulls out some spare bandages. Perhaps a cover-up over old injuries might prevent overt suspicion for now...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 454 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 31  Next

Advanced search