Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:57 am

Advanced search

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 388 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: CH. 14: Darkest Hour
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:15 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Alright. Grubnick checks the dwarf's injuries and does some patch-work with bandages.

[Using healing nwp to allow Shima to recover 1 hp today even with non-strenuous activity.]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:19 pm 
King
King

"Thanks. Hope to catch up with you in a couple of hours." He goes off to look for the woman that gave him & Ne-Chanz the job.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:53 pm 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Kendra Synclair (Prefect's Mansion)
Norris listens to her patiently. When she is done, he says, "So the prefect thinks these clerics attacking the city are tied to the Trade Guild? I take it that means I'm going to be here for awhile..."

Tulbas Erogund (Tower of Wayreth, Unknown Floor on AT 15)
"We're weighed down enough as it is, especially with my ankle, and you want to bring all of this with us?" Selowen asks. Before she can respond to his offer of randomly putting on rings or bracers, they are interrupted when Jinali steps through the door, looking furious. It would seem in the past half hour, she not only woke up but managed to free herself. Pointing at the two, she declares, "You're both dead, elves!" She then begins chanting a spell.

Gobax and Shima (Market Street)
(OOC: Sorry guys, but the healing nwp doesn't work like that. It requires 'regular attention' from the healer throughout the day, not something he can do in a couple of minutes. Even then, the extra 1 HP is only acquired the following day, as that's when healed HP usually occurs.)

Also, where is Shima going? Just wandering the streets, looking for her?)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:23 pm 
Duke
Duke

"If the attacks stop, then it is possible to convince him that the trade guild has nothing to do with it," Kendra says. "That is why it has been so hard to get the trade guild off the hook. These attacks keep happening."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:42 pm 
King
King

To where he last saw her.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:55 am 
Viscount
Viscount

Tulbas quickly responds with his own spell casting 'Shield' and steps in front of Selowen. "Stand behind me and do what you can to protect yourself. If you could hurt her to disturb her from casting spells that would be great."

'Arrows, swords, or even blows,
From front, above or either side,
Will be deflected as I goes,
And harm me not as aim they will not find.'

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:21 am 
Emperor
Emperor

JadedDM wrote:
Gobax and Shima (Market Street)
(OOC: Sorry guys, but the healing nwp doesn't work like that. It requires 'regular attention' from the healer throughout the day, not something he can do in a couple of minutes. Even then, the extra 1 HP is only acquired the following day, as that's when healed HP usually occurs.)

[That's my mistake, i re-read that section too quickly before posting. Would Grubnick need to be by his side basically constantly, or would he be able to check on him every hour or half-hour? ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:53 pm 
Knight
Knight

Having gathered significant information, Haahqae had planend to back off and gather more information later. Any reasonable agent should watch for times that the guards are changed, investigate the people entering the building during the day and but the lack of a dragon gives him just a little hope that maybe now was the right time to scout out inside the building. He's not sure why the dragon isn't here, but that's something he can figure out after he's taken advantage of the situation.

The manor appears to be rather impregnable at the moment, Each of the doors has guards, so if he was going to unlock and enter a door, the guard would notice the door opening, if not it being unlocked and the reaction to seeing a door open when you know you're guarding a prisoner who can go invisible probably doesn't create Haahqae's ideal situation to be in. All the windows are closed? But how?

Mice always seem to have ways to get into and out of bulidings. While we were circling did you notice any ways you could have got inside? I guessing the big folk weren't considering rodents when they were making their defenses for this building. If you can see if you can get inside and scout out a bit. Just be very careful and come back to me safely. There doesn't seem to be any magical defenses, at least near the rear entrances, so you should be able to see any dangers if you're really careful.

(OoC: Are the windows glass, stained glass, shuttered, barred, do some of them open + how? If they're shuttered, is there a bar holding them shut? Is there a thin crack between the shutters that an object could slip between them? If the windows are glass or barred, can Haahqae see in and guess what the rooms are used for?)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:49 pm 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Haahqae (Outside Prefect's Mansion)
'What am I looking for?' asks Miracle. 'I might be able to find a mousehole if I sniff around. Especially near the kitchen.'

(OOC: The windows are glass and they can be opened from the inside, but as it's rather cold out, they are all closed and locked. There are curtains, but as it's still morning, they are open to let in the sunlight, so he could peer in them, yes.)

"But the attacks will stop now, won't they?" asks Norris. "If the two clerics are dead or captured, then there should be no one left to attack. Unless the prefect is right and there really are rebels out there."

Tulbas' spell activates just seconds before Jinali's does. The shield goes up, and just in time. Two missiles of pure energy burst from Jinali's outstretched hand and arc toward the pair. One hits the shield Tulbas just set up and is completely absorbed by it. The other arcs around, striking Selowen despite her hiding behind Tulbas. She grunts in pain and goes down, unmoving.

"Clever trick, but I have plenty of other spells to finish you off!" Jinali warns before she begins casting again.

Initiative
Tulbas (1d10+1): 4+1 = 5
Jinali (1d10+1): 5+1 = 6

Round 1!

Tulbas casts Shield on himself for 20 rounds.
Jinali casts Magic Missile, directing one missile at Selowen and one missle at Tulbas. Selowen takes (1d4+1): 4+1 = 5 damage and falls. Tulbas is shielded and takes no damage.

(OOC: Actions for Round 2?)

Gobax (Market Street)
(OOC: Checking on him every hour or so should be enough, assuming Shima doesn't do anything strenuous today like fighting, climbing, running, jogging, etc.)

Shima Longfoot (Grinning Goat Tavern)
Shima heads for the Grinning Goat, the last place he saw his mysterious employer. Stepping inside, he finds the dive bar fairly empty, as usual at such an early hour (Fourth Watch). The one-eyed man tends the bar lazily, although there isn't really anyone to serve. A couple of patrons wearing heavy cloaks with the hoods up sit at a table, and look to the dwarf when he enters. He does not see the blonde woman, though.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:21 pm 
Duke
Duke

"I was thinking along those lines when this all took place in the beginning," Kendra says. "But, there might really be rebels. I'm really hoping that the attacks do stop at this point, though."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:49 pm 
King
King

Shima goes to the barman and says, "Looking for 'Jane'. When will I find her?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:51 am 
Viscount
Viscount

Tulbas quickly casts 'Wall of Fog' placing himself and Selown at the center of it.
'Vapor gather solidify and rise,
Obscure the sight from enemy eyes.'

"We spared your life. All we want is to get out of here." Tulbas cries with anger and then pulls Selowen several feet away and tries to check if she is alive and stabilize her.

===========================================================================
(OOC: I was debating between Wall of Fog and Burning Hands centered on Jinali.
While Burning hand might have eliminated the main threat, it could make Tulbas lose few moments that might be crucial to stabilize and save Selowen.
I assume Wall of Fog is more usefull when sheilding someone from a distant archers or something like that, and in our case Jinali can cross the distance easily, but I think opposed or not as a common use for the spell, in this case Tulbas will stay inside the Fog and moves a little as he has superior hearing to Jinali and can avoid her and that will buy him the precious time to help Selowen.
If I'm mistaken and the Fog can't buy him this time, or if stabilizing must be more than the few rounds of the Fog, and I assume Tulbas as a mage knows that better than me, then scratch this and Burning Hands it is. :) )

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:41 pm 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

"Have you had any luck in finding these rebels and shutting them down then?" Norris asks. "I would rather not spend the rest of my life in here."

Tulbas finishes his spell first, and the room floods with fog so thick that even he cannot see through it very far. Jinali finishes her spell, but whatever affect it had isn't known. Either it didn't have a visible effect or the fog obscured it. He hears her cursing. "Quit hiding, coward, and face me!"

Tulbas then grabs Selowen and drags her limp form behind an overturned desk. Confirming she was alive, albeit barely, he quickly binds her wounds before she bleeds out. She remains unconscious, however. He hears Jinali casting another spell. Suddenly, there's a huge blast of wind and the fog is completely blown away. "I'll set this whole room on fire if that is what it will take!" Jinali cries before she starts casting again.

Initiative
Tulbas (1d10+1): 4+1 = 5
Jinali (1d10+1): 6+1 = 7

Round 2!

Tulbas casts Wall of Fog in the room for (2d4+4): 5+4 = 9 rounds.
Jinali casts a spell, affect unknown.

Initiative
Tulbas (1d10+3): 7+3 = 10
Jinali (1d10+3): 10+3 = 13

Round 3!

Tulbas drags Selowen behind a desk and stabilizes her.
Jinali casts Gust of Wind, blowing away the fog.

(OOC: Since you took two actions (casting a spell and stabilizing Selowen), I moved things forward by two rounds. Actions for Round 4?)

Shima Longfoot (Grinning Goat Tavern)
"I can let her know you're looking for her," the bartender says. "Is this about the job she gave you?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:48 pm 
King
King

Shima nods.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:51 pm 
Duke
Duke

"If I even had a clue as to where rebels could be, then I would try to find them," Kendra admits. "But the attacks seem pretty random, but they have bad timing when it comes to the trade guild," she explains. "I can only hope that with the execution of the cleric that was causing all the problems that the trade guild will be free soon after. I'm still trying."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 388 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 26  Next

Advanced search