Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:10 pm

Advanced search

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Shagos Happenings - Rayman and GeeGee
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:53 am 
Prince
Prince

Rayman is about to reply when a large mouth appears in the middle of the room.

Unauthorized Spell! Alert Alert! Unauthorized Spell in the Library!

With-in 5 seconds Lorbin and 2 Guards appear in the library, through the door.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:28 am 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

"That works," responds GG, standing stock still and holding his hands in the air. "Good system."
If no one shoots him, he adds, "It was a 'Detect Magic'. And it did, but not the usual way. Appears I found 'Rule Number Two'. Is there a 'Rule Number Three'?"

======
Nice one.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:50 am 
Prince
Prince

Lorbin will smirk. "Not so much a rule as we don't know you yet. He will grunt. "Mouth, reset"

Yes, Lorbin The mouth will disappear.

"No harm done. If your spell had gone off, your senses would likely have been overwhelmed anyway. Most things in this house are enchanted in someway."

He will turn to leave the room. "As you were."
=======================================================

Rayman will startle a bit, catching himself marveling at the system.

"I think I will start with the Alchemical book."

He will briskly walk over to it, and pick up the book. While he has it in his hands you can see the respect he has for it, carefully carrying it to a reading table.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:10 pm 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

With a nod at Rayman to impart 'Good idea', GG selects a book with a title that intrigued him: Ordinary Beasts and How to Avoid Them, and sets to reading.

If it turns out to be unhelpful then he carefully replaces it and tries a rummage through the scrolls, hoping for something that he might be able to add to his spellbook, or maybe how to reduce costs of spell ink, and so forth.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:46 am 
Prince
Prince

You find it to be a typical treatise on the local wildlife, and ways to avoid any of them that could be even remotely dangerous.

The scrolls you find are all about agreements with local merchants and homeowners that the family has helped negotiate.

"Well this book was very elementary in the science department." Rayman will return the book to the spot he pulled it from.

"Let's see if they have something I don't know about the surrounding area." He will head to the shelving with the history books.

"Ah I love reading about this period. So many interesting things, Krakens, Dragons, armies. War always promotes the best research." He will pull out a book.
The rise and fall of Katha - Did they understand the powers that they controlled?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:20 am 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Unless Rayman proffers a book for GG to read, perhaps relating to '...the powers they controlled...', he browses the shelves for a primer on playing cards.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:24 pm 
Prince
Prince

"Maybe the more recent history ones will be of some use."

Rayman pulls a book about the last decade.

While perusing the do it yourself section, GG finds a handbook on how to treat someone who is addicted or overdosed on Blur.

It mentions everything already known by the half-elf, but also mentions that stabilizing an OD victim will require a Melee attack(Touch) since the character will likely be either convulsing, or to jittery to sit still and allow the healer/caster to cast their curative magic on them.

Investigation Rayman Book: [1d20+5] = 9+5 = 14

As Rayman completes his speed reading of the text, which seems to be incomplete, as it goes from about 10 years past to about 2 years ago, he will let out an

"Ah, yes" He will take a breath. "It seems that these unsavory characters made their money preying on citizens around Katha for years, but now this Maddy has risen up and is imposing law again. Except the countryside around her newly reorganized city has become the hunting grounds for a Tribe of Black Dragons. So now, the honest people flee the dragons, and the dishonest people flee the strong arm of the new law."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:08 am 
Viscount
Viscount

Seeing GG goes through books and scrolls randomly Flatbelly suggests, "Dear GG, can you please help me with some research? Since Cladmont and Shagos are as ancient as the world itself," he smiles and his theatrical description, "I bet there are many layers of history hidden in the ground, as the spinegauges might testify, so I figure 'Practical Archaeology' might be helpful. Also 'Interview with a Vampire' shall not go unnoticed [OOC] :) [/OOC]. I never met a vampire myself, but it seems at least one had a lot to share. I wonder what is his philosophy."

=======================================================
(OOC: I'm back. You played Rayman exactly as I would if not even better :).
Flatbelly will go for the book GG won't.)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:50 am 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

GG replies, "Which unsavory characters? And when are we talking about? And who's Maddy?"

In response to Raymann's query he answers, "Sure. I can take the vampire book, if you want." He skims the book, skipping fluff and re-reading 'crunchy bits'.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:16 am 
Prince
Prince

One last post as Rayman to clarify what he found, instead of posting and reposting.

"Unsavoury, criminals of all sorts, bandits, higwaymen, dealers. Anyone not above board. This Maddy has assumed control in Katha and seems to be cleaning up the riff raff, which sent them scattering."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:08 pm 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

"Thanks for the clarification," says GG. he starts skimming the vampire book.

======
Does GG known anything about Maddy?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:46 pm 
Prince
Prince

=======
You heard someone had taken control in Katha, but that is about it.
========

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:03 pm 
Prince
Prince

You find the interview to be genuine, but maybe a bit over romanticized. It is an interesting take on how it feels to have your doors bashed in at all timess of the day by adventurers, looting, and setting off all your traps. "Those traps take forever to reset." Also being 2000 years old but stuck in a 20 year old's body feels creepy at times, as all the teenage girls seem interested. Overall entertaining but not heavy on facts.

Practical Archaeology is a catch all book for new adventurers. Several lists of gear described as different kinds of packs. Dungeoneers, Adventurer, Burgler, Entertainer. etc. Also some basic knowledge on tactics for when you are outnumbered. Or how to take on one large foe by surrounding him. There is also a comprehensive section on how to make camp, and how to get the most out of a short meal break. Very basic, but, very educational.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:40 pm 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

*Entertaining, but nothing to get one's teeth into," puns GG as he puts the book back, Anything else you want me to look at? If not, perhaps we can do something more productive. Maybe ask some of the employees about the employers. Or are there any books about the other family? Or about any Guilds around this city? Or start to teach each other a language?"

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:47 am 
Viscount
Viscount

"Your suggestion is solid. The books hold only mild new information but are edited well!" Flatbelly says, lifting his eyes for a moment from the books. "I'd like to just check the 'Why am I not Dead' book to contemplate on life restoration and I'll either join you, or if you want to stay with me and have debate on the author thoughts."

============================
(OOC: Nice word game with 'put the teeth to' :))

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next

Advanced search