Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:14 pm

Advanced search




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Descending Deeper [into Madness] Act 1 Scene 3
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:30 am 
Offline
Viscount
Viscount
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 3428
"Up the stairs!" Everyone will hear Jar's voice moving towards the doorway to leave the white ball room.

"I'm not sticking around to swap minds with that thing."

"I'm with your Jar." Cait will say as she backs away watching the monster apparently have a breakdown.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Descending Deeper [into Madness] Act 1 Scene 3
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:10 am 
Offline
Marquis
Marquis

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 4690
'Tell me if you need me', responds Ornvul. 'I should be done checking out where we've been in about 10 minutes or so. Then I can try to help. Just to check, did anyone look for any differences between all the statues?'


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Descending Deeper [into Madness] Act 1 Scene 3
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:25 am 
Offline
Baron
Baron
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:54 pm
Posts: 2648
Yelb joins the others and at the stairs top prepares his darts, having the higher ground he would rain death on the massive crazy tree. (if it follows... :))


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Descending Deeper [into Madness] Act 1 Scene 3
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:27 pm 
Offline
Viscount
Viscount
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 3428
"Should be good for now, Yelb already took care of half the problem."

"I'll be off to the side, to close a trap on that insane looking thing, if it follows."

"I'm going to try and maintain my invisible-ness unless you all need help."


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Descending Deeper [into Madness] Act 1 Scene 3
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:53 am 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 6830
Location:
somewhere in the aether
The group heads quickly for the stairs, climbing them with alacrity. Once to the top, Cait takes a position to one side of the stairwell while Yelb readies his deadly darts.

Seos stands abruptly as the group arrives, ready to fling magic at anything emerging. A Xorn? Do you expect a rock-walker to use the stairs? She asks, half concern half intrigued.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Descending Deeper [into Madness] Act 1 Scene 3
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:25 am 
Offline
Viscount
Viscount
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 3428
"Shit, you are right. We should probably approximate where the thing can make a straight approach to us."

"Good thinking Seos."


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Descending Deeper [into Madness] Act 1 Scene 3
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:47 am 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 6830
Location:
somewhere in the aether
The group poders the situation quickly and concludes that the shortest route (without knowing where they were already) would be to pass upward through the ceiling where it was last seen and into the stairway, putting it about one-third of the way up the stairs in a shorter amount of time.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Descending Deeper [into Madness] Act 1 Scene 3
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:10 am 
Offline
Viscount
Viscount
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 3428
In the silence of anticipation the group hears the scrape and jostling of Cait readying her new Two-Handed sword.

"That sound... always makes me nervous... it means she is about to be forced to kill something." Jar then lets out a nervous chuckle.

Jar will get ready to react with a cure spell or Aid.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Descending Deeper [into Madness] Act 1 Scene 3
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:53 am 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 6830
Location:
somewhere in the aether
A loud scraping, crashing, howling barrage of noise comes barreling up the stairwell as the party stands prepared to recieve the imminent attack...

[Actions & Initiative?]
===


Attachments:
_20171111_105153.JPG
_20171111_105153.JPG [ 65.27 KiB | Viewed 100 times ]
Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Descending Deeper [into Madness] Act 1 Scene 3
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:16 am 
Offline
Marquis
Marquis

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 4690
Ornvul mindsays, 'Nothing newly revealed. Running back now. How's it going?'


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Descending Deeper [into Madness] Act 1 Scene 3
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:07 am 
Offline
Viscount
Viscount
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 3428
"We are about to engage the Xorn, it still seems a bit insane."

In a whisper: "Here we go again, fighting another insane monster..."

SHHHH Jar ca imagine the dirty look from Cait at this point. Waiting for the Xorn to round the corner she will strike.

Initiatives:
Jar Initiative: [1d10] = 6 He is planning to hold until the end of the round to see if anyone needs a cure.

Cait: Initiative: [1d10] = 8
[Likely a penatly since she is not prof in 2 handers I think. If you want to let me know her THACo with the 2hander I can build it into the macro, also another bonus to damage I think from guantlets? Also how many attacks? lol I can roll more in too.]
2-Hander +1 (Hit)(DMG): [1d20+1] = 13+1 = 14 [1d10+1] = 10+1 = 11
2-Hander +1 (Hit)(DMG): [1d20+1] = 14+1 = 15 [1d10+1] = 1+1 = 2


Last edited by Nocturno on Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Descending Deeper [into Madness] Act 1 Scene 3
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:45 am 
Offline
Baron
Baron
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:54 pm
Posts: 2648
Yelb can't avoid staring at the sensual body of Seos as he almost bumped into her... 'Hmmm...' he wonders at his inability to control his thoughts and then prepares for the fight.

==========================================================
(OOC:
[1d10] = 5 Initiative I forgot the adjustment for dart so this is the base...
[1d20] = 10, [1d3+9] = 3+9 = 12 Attack, Dmg AC -3
[1d20] = 12, [1d3+9] = 3+9 = 12 Attack, Dmg AC -5
[1d20] = 8, [1d3+9] = 3+9 = 12 Attack, Dmg AC -1
[1d20] = 12, [1d3+9] = 3+9 = 12 Attack, Dmg AC -5
[1d20] = 18, [1d3+9] = 1+9 = 10 Attack, Dmg AC -11


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Descending Deeper [into Madness] Act 1 Scene 3
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:16 pm 
Offline
Marquis
Marquis

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 4690
Ornvul switches to bow and nocks an arrow, 'Nearly back with you!'


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Descending Deeper [into Madness] Act 1 Scene 3
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:22 pm 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 6830
Location:
somewhere in the aether
[Nocturno, Cait’s base melee Thac0 without the gloves is 5 (6 and str gives +1 to hit), but with the gloves it is 3. You can just do bare rolls and I’ll take care of the rest (or add the magic bonus as you did, either way) she also gets +6 to dmg for the gloves. The sheet is a bit confusing. I’ll probably work on that tomorrow]


The mad beast rounds the corner, Yelb’s first dart narrowly missing it’s pebbly hide as it slashes maniacly at the heavily armored Cait! A trio of sharp-clawed hands slash at her, one making its way past her guard only to be denied by the magical protection she bears! It latches on long enough to bend pull her towards gnashing dagger-like teeth, but the warrior slips free before it can make contact. Pik fires his crossbow at the bizarre thing, but the bolt flies wide of the mark.

The redhead warrior swings her newly found magical sword with all of her not-inconsiderable might, scoring a deep slash on the wide opponent. Silty black blood oozes from the wound that lies not so severe as it might; the stony hide cutting some of the power from the blow. A dart whips by her armored head, striking the beast in the head near one of its baleful eyes! Thrashing in pain it has hardly time to react before the fighter lands another blow, then a third and fourth dart strike true!

Jar and Seos hold, prepared to aid their friends or interrupt the beast if needed. The amazon takes the opportunity to whip her dagger at the staggering foe, but it glances off the rocky thing. Just then, Ornvul returns from her scouting to see the state of affairs.

===
R1:
Init:
Jar (6+?) = Holds
Yelb (5+2 dart) = 7
Xorn (6+3) 9
Seos: (9+?) = Holds
Pik (4+7 lt x-bow): 11
Cait (8+11) = 19
Ornvul: (Next round)

Jar Holds

Yelb attacks the Xorn (AC-2) who is in melee with Cait (-2) with a dart
Thac0 7 vs AC-2 (-2): Need 11 or better to hit
[1d20] = 10
Miss, barely


The Xorn slashes (slash vs plate -3) at Cait (AC 1) with its claws!
Thac0 ??? vs AC 1 (-2)
[1d20] = 16, hit!
Cait’s stoneskin protects her!
[Stoneskin 7/8]

The Xorn slashes 2nd time (slash vs plate -3) at Cait (AC 1) with its claws (2)!
Thac0 ??? vs AC 1 (-2)
[1d20] = 13, miss!

The Xorn slashes 3rd time (slash vs plate -3) at Cait (AC 1) with its claws (3)!
Thac0 13 vs AC 1 (-2): need 15+ for claws
[1d20] = 13, miss!

The Xorn bites at Cait (AC 1) with vicious teeth!
Thac0 13 vs AC1: need 12+ with bite!
[1d20] = 8, miss!

[url=http:/www.unseenservant.com/default.asp?do=showone&id=134151&macid=0]Xorn vs Cait claw/claw/claw/bite [1d20] = 16, [1d20] = 13, [1d20] = 13, [1d20] = 8[/url]


Seos Holds

Pik fires his light crossbow at the Xorn (AC-2) who is in melee with Cait (-2)
[1d20] = 2, Miss!

Cait slashes with her +1 magical 2-Handed sword (-1 non prof) at the Xorn (AC -2)
Thac0 3 vs AC-2: Need 5 or higher base roll to hit
2-Hander +1 (Hit)(DMG): [1d20+1] = 13+1 = 14 [1d10+1] = 10+1 = 11
Damage is 1d10+7 = 17!
The Xorn takes half damage from the bladed weapon for a total of 8 damage!
The Xorn is Barely Scratched

Yelb attacks the Xorn with 2nd dart: Need 11+
[1d20] = 12,
Hit!, barely
For [1d3+9] = 3+9 = 12 damage!
The Xorn is Hurt!

Cait slashes again with her +1 magical 2-Handed sword at the Xorn
2-Hander +1 (Hit)(DMG): [1d20+1] = 14+1 = 15 [1d10+7] = 1+7 = 8
The Xorn takes half damage from the bladed weapon for a total of 4 damage!
The Xorn is Hurt Badly!

Yelb attacks the Xorn with 3rd dart: Need 11+
[1d20] = 8,
Miss

Yelb attacks the Xorn with 4th dart: Need 11+
[1d20] = 12,
Hit!, barely
For [1d3+9] = 3+9 = 12
The Xorn is Hurt Critically!

Yelb attacks the Xorn with 5th dart: Need 11+
[1d20] = 18,
Hit!
for [1d3+9] = 1+9 = 10 damage
The Xorn is About to Die!

Seos throws her dagger at the Xorn (AC -2) who is in melee with Cait (-2):
Thac0 16 vs AC -2 (-2): Need a crit to hit!
[1d20] = 14, miss


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Descending Deeper [into Madness] Act 1 Scene 3
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:45 am 
Offline
Viscount
Viscount
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 3428
Preferring to stay unnoticed for now, Jar won't act unless a cure or some sort is necessary.

Cait on the other hand, will fight back with vigor.
[Unspecialized is 2/1 for attacks right?]

2-Hander +1 (Hit)(DMG): [1d20+1] = 5+1 = 6 [1d10+1] = 2+1 = 3
2-Hander +1 (Hit)(DMG): [1d20+1] = 13+1 = 14 [1d10+1] = 10+1 = 11

[So it's pretty amazing when a 5 hits... just sayin']


Top
  Profile 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Advanced search


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group