Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:06 pm

Advanced search

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Descending Deeper [into Madness] Act 1 Scene 3
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:00 am 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

[Yelb, the white orb is free-floating, there is a clear wsll of force around the sigil]

Pik moves with jar down the stairs, his keen reptilian eyes keeping sharp watch. The pair approavh the room with the sigil unopposed. Jar prepares his spell under the watchful gaze of the silent, un-moving statues.

[Where does jar want to stand when he casts the spell?]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:37 pm 
Baron
Baron

===================================================
(OOC: The orb is floating and the wall of force is in another place? Are they in the same room? Maybe we can cast a wall of force around the orb too, isolating it... Or putting it to extra dimension with the sack someone have or spells that I forgot their names :) )

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:19 pm 
Marquis
Marquis

Ornvul looks for a likely shadow to blend with and keeps watch to the rear of the group.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:17 pm 
Baron
Baron

Yelb ponders a while and then continues, "So when you tried to dispel the orb, what was the effect? Did it illuminate brightly and absorbed The Force?" he rubs his chin, "Also, does it cause more than one mental shift simultaneously?"

=======================================================
(OOC: Is there anything inside the white orb? Is the wall of force with the sigil in the same room or another room? I thought of using Enlarge/Shrink on either to get us inside or the sigil outside, or find any form that can become ethereal and get inside, for example using shades to create shadows or Wraith.)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:11 am 
Viscount
Viscount

[Oops thought I replied here already... I must have just been thinking about what to post.]

Jar will stop in the entryway. He will make sure he can see Pik before casting.

"Here we go!"

"Ok, here goes nothing." he nods to Pik.

He points at the rune, and mumbles his mumbo jumbo under his breath.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:28 pm 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Pik watches the hallway and room with great scrutiny while Jar works his spell. Finishing his incantation, Jar points at the area around the sigil where the invisible wall of force should be. A thin green ray of light flashes to the invisible orb in an instant, the purple afterimage staying with his eyes for a moment. A quiet pop! accompanies the destruction of the sphere of force.

Suddenly a mental force pushes against Jar's mind! The tusked elf resists, but his shorter companion slumps a little for a moment before blinking and shaking his head vigorously like a dog shaking off anxiety. Wut da f$#% was dat?

====
[url=http:/www.unseenservant.com/default.asp?do=showone&id=128619&macid=0]Save vs spell Jar, Pik [1d20] = 8, [1d20] = 5[/url]
Jar pass, barely

Pik, fail!
random roll: Pik is returned to his own body!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:31 am 
Viscount
Viscount

"Ha Ha! My body knew it didn't want you in control again! So it rejected your little scaly mind! Looks like that worked at least." He will nod towards the rune.

"Want to check out the chain to see if we can get the marking?"

"Wall of Force down. Checking to see if we can get the marking."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:13 am 
Marquis
Marquis

'Nicely done. Maybe someone could teach me that spell,' thinks Ornvul back to all on the mental link.
'I'm guarding the rear.'

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:14 am 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Pik looks at the chain high above, then at the ceiling and walls. He moves as if to climb one of the statues to reach the ceiling and stops. Don' touch dose... dey bad somehow... he says. Instead, the rogue pulls out a rope and ties a quick lasso on one end. He deftly throws it and loops the stone hanging from the chain. Testing it, he ascends.

He first inspect the chain, Hey! Dis is solid gold! I want it! can you cut it down? That'll be sweet! He is about to descend, but remembers to touch the sigil first. The kobold twitches a little as if he might fall, but manages to hold on. Finally he returns to the floor.

[Jar can reach the sigil w/o the rope]

===
Pik gains the 4th sigil.

and thus Pik becomes MR T.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:41 am 
Viscount
Viscount

"I don't think any of my weapons will cut it, but I bet Cait's will."

Jar grabs the the rune.

"Cait my dear, would you be so kind to come cut the chain the rune is on? We could bring it up to avoid the mind switching. Oh and Pik as asked for the chain so he can wear it and show us how he pities us fools."

"Yeah, yeah. Cait cut this, Cait kill this... I'll be there in a minute."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:09 am 
Marquis
Marquis

Ornvul will wait patiently guarding the rear of the party until everyone else has the rune and has exited the body swapping area.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:12 am 
Viscount
Viscount

While waiting for Cait, Jar thinks to inform the group about Pik's revelation on the statues.

"Make sure not to touch the statues... Pik's all wound up about them.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:48 am 
Marquis
Marquis

'Noted. Thanks,' replies the rearguard elf. 'Did you get the tattoo?'

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:10 am 
Baron
Baron

Yelb will get the sigil as well.

=============================
(OOC:
Is there anything inside the white orb? Is the wall of force with the sigil in the same room or another room? I thought of using Enlarge/Shrink on either to get us inside or the sigil outside, or find any form that can become ethereal and get inside, for example using shades to create shadows or Wraith.
Does the mental shift strike more than two at the same time?
Who has extra dimensions spells? like bag of holding and the like?
)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:23 pm 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

[Sorry Bish, thought I had replied to some of this. The white orb is in the room at the bottom of the stairs. It seems like an orb of nothingness; a ball of white that is utterly devoid of feature aside from the fact that it has a spherical shape. Think of just a blank white emptiness. It is not in the same room as the sigil which had an invisible sphere of force around it that only Yelb saw, before Jar disintegrated the sphere of force.

Extradimensional space might work, you’d have to try it ;) The orb is small enough that a bag of holding or portable hole could be stretched over it, but so far as the party knows the sphere itself cannot be touched or moved. A pouch of holding or jar’s girdle of many pouches would not open wide enough to encompass the sphere. Likewise it cannot be carried into the area of a ‘rope trick’ spell.]
======

Jar stretches out to touch the rune. The gradually more-familiar burning sensation causing his body to lock up for an instant that seems to stretch forever.

Cait descends to join Pik and Jar. As she reaches the room that same unseen force assaults both her and the tusked elf! Jar resists the force, but the warrior’s mind is stricken from her body! Only to be returned a moment later!!

Taking out her new magical snake-headed two-handed sword, the veteran fighter strikes hard at the soft metal of the golden chain, cleaving it quickly in a pair of blows. Taking the chain and sigil, the trio return to the room above.

Yelb is next to touch the stone, seizing up for a moment as the mystical sigil burns the 4th mark onto his forearm in the same way the others had.

===
Jar gains the 4th sigil.

[url=http:/www.unseenservant.com/default.asp?do=showone&id=129216&macid=0]Save vs spell Cait, Jar [1d20] = 2, [1d20] = 19[/url]
Cait, Fail!
Jar pass

Cait’s mind randomly returns to her.

Cait attacks the golden chain with her new, snake-headed Two-Handed sword +1!
Cait cuts the golden chain!

Yelb gains the 4th sigil.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next

Advanced search