PlanetADnD.com
http://www.padnd.com/forums/

Act 2 Scene 3: “To 'Where the Old Bones Lie'” (Game Thread)
http://www.padnd.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=92&t=3343
Page 21 of 32

Author:  Jenara [ Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Act 2 Scene 3: “To 'Where the Old Bones Lie'” (Game Thre

"Ok, that was tough." Mira sighs, letting her song drop. "Sorry, I should have done more, but I'm no fighter, especially against these things." Wiping her hand through her mane she collects the mace, a bolt still notched in her Crossbow as she begins to cautiously move to the tower again.. "Is everyone ok?" She asks moving first to Elsa, "is this a sign of things to come?" Why the in the Abyss was she here? She wanted to be back somewhere safe, maybe with Sabrine.. instead... "Lets get on with it."

Author:  mltillis [ Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Act 2 Scene 3: “To 'Where the Old Bones Lie'” (Game Thre

"It would have been a lot worse if they had minds of any sort or had been directed." Pytor wipes the sweat from his brow upon a sleeve and takes a look around at the party members. As he moves towards the pyramid and the halflings, the gypsy gathers any good ammunition that he comes across, whether it be arrow, bolt, bullet, or stone. His own problems momentarily forgotten, a calm resolve settled upon Pytor. If it was in his power, he would not see his sister nor any of the others come to harm, particularly the fair maidens and the childlike Pyros.

Author:  TristenC [ Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:14 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Act 2 Scene 3: “To 'Where the Old Bones Lie'” (Game Thre

[R12]

Fenrir launches himself from the alcove into the air, sailing up on the warm wind before turning to perch on the white haired elf’s shoulder. The far side, on the low side of the Great Raven’s perch; but few I see from here…

Adrestia surveys the field for any new threats, her view turning south to the passage that curves around the structure. Artanis and Adran stand ready, bows half drawn and eyes sharp. Jerry and Pytor begin looking for spent ammunition, and Merrick joins when he sees what they are about. Together they come up with a sling stone, 2 shortbow arrows and a longbow arrow that are still serviceable.

Pyros cries out "Keep up!" and rushes south around the corner of the structure! Turning the bend, he finds a trio of skeletons! With energetic ferocity he swings wildly at the undead but misjudges his reach! The three turn and quickly surround him! Art mutters a curse and fires, as does Adran. Both arrows sail harmlessly into the side of the structure as two of the skeleton’s spears sink past the Kender’s leather armor and find flesh! With a howl, Elsa charges down the length of the lowest tier and lays into the back of one with her mace, shattering it to bits!

On the far side, yet another skeleton spots the pair and makes its way to engage. The archers fire again, bringing down a second assailant, and opening an avenue for the Kender.

[1 sling stone, 2 usable shortbow arrows, 1 usable longbow arrow found so far. Most are on the Ziggurat where Pyros and Elsa are cleaning up the skels]
[Free club/dagger attacks for pyros to the fleeing s4 next round]
======
Init:

Cross (5+2 Gar): 7
Adrestia (5+3 Mrapier): 8
Jerry (3+6 sling): 9
Pytor (4+6 Csb): 10
Merrick (4+6 sling): 10
Mira (4+7 x-bow): 11
Art (5+7 sb): 12
Pyros (10 +4 club): 14
Skels (8+6 spear): 14
Adran (8+8 LB): 16
Elsa (10+7 mace): 17

Cross holds, speaking to his Familiar

Adrestia Holds, watching for any other foes to approach

Jerry searches for sling stones nearby and finds 1 near where she had killed a skeleton attacking Adran.

Pytor searches nearby for arrows and finds 1 shortbow and 1 longbow arrow usable near the party.

Merrick searches for unspent ammunition nearby and finds 1 shortbow arrow.

Pyros moves south to the corner and 5 feet West to attack s4!

Pyros bashes with the Gold club in his right hand at s4 (AC 7)
Thac0 18 vs AC 7: Need 11+
[1d20] = 7, miss!

Pyros stabs with the dagger in his left hand at s4 (AC 7)
Thac0 18 vs AC 7: Need 11+
[1d20] = 4, miss!
Pyros vs s4 [1d20] = 7, [1d6] = 2, [1d20] = 4, [1d4] = 3

s4 stabs with its spear (+2 piercing vs leather) at Pyros (AC 4) (Elsa not in sight, unafraid of Pyros)
Thaco 19 vs AC 4 (+2): Need 13+ to hit
[1d20] = 2, miss!

s3 moves 10 feet East and stabs with its spear (+2 piercing vs leather) at Pyros (AC 4) (Elsa not in sight, unafraid of Pyros)
Thaco 19 vs AC 4 (+2): Need 13+ to hit
[1d20] = 19, hit!
For [1d6] = 3 dmg!
Pyros is Barely Scratched! [14/17]

s2 moves 15 feet East

Art, ready, fires His Shortbow at s2 (AC 7) (-1 in melee with Pyros)
Thac0 17 vs AC 7 (-1): need 11+
[1d20] = 7, miss!

Adran, ready, fires his Longbow at s2 (AC 7) (-1 in melee with Pyros)
Thaco 19 vs AC 7 (-1): need 13+
[1d20] = 10, miss!

s2 stabs with its spear (+2 piercing vs leather) at Pyros (AC 4) (Doesn’t see Elsa, unafraid of Pyros)
Thaco 19 vs AC 4 (+2): Need 13+ to hit
[1d20] = 19, hit!
For [1d6] = 4 dmg!
Pyros is Hurt! [10/17]

s4, s3, s2 vs Pyros [1d20] = 2, [1d20] = 19, [1d20] = 19
s3, s2 vs Pyros [1d6] = 3, [1d6] = 4

s15 notices the combat and moves 50 feet East to engage Pyros but cannot attack this round.

Elsa moves 30 feet south to attack s2!
Elsa bashes at s2 (AC 7) with her silver mace
Thaco 18 vs AC 7: Need 11+
[1d20] = 13, hit!
For [1d6+1] = 6 damage!
s2 is Destroyed!

Elsa is in view of s3 and s4 (Still Turned by her)
s3 and s4 prepare to flee!

Art fires His Shortbow, a second time, at s3 (AC 7) (-1 in melee with Pyros)
Thac0 17 vs AC 7 (-1): need 11+
[1d20] = 17, hit!
For [1d6] = 3
s3 takes (half dmg vs piercing) = 2 dmg!
s3 is About to be Destroyed!

Adran fires his Longbow, a second time, at s3 (AC 7) (-1 in melee with Pyros)
Thaco 19 vs AC 7 (-1): need 13+
[1d20] = 18, hit!
For [1d6] = 2
s3 takes (half dmg vs piercing) = 1 dmg!
s3 is Destroyed!

Attachments:
Ziggurat 12.png
Ziggurat 12.png [ 88.63 KiB | Viewed 8356 times ]

Author:  Chris1234 [ Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:33 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Act 2 Scene 3: “To 'Where the Old Bones Lie'” (Game Thre

Jerry stows the sling stone and moves to the Ziggurat and uses the rope to climb up to the next tier then heading towards Pyros and Elsa. She'll pick up any sling ammo en route.

Author:  Jenara [ Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Act 2 Scene 3: “To 'Where the Old Bones Lie'” (Game Thre

"More?" Mira moves quickly, placing herself next to the others as she noctches another bolt, shooting when something she wants to shoot at comes within range/eyesight.

[1d20] = 20 (Thaco 18) [1d8] = 1 I'll leave the possible Critical for you.

Author:  Nocturno [ Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:41 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Act 2 Scene 3: “To 'Where the Old Bones Lie'” (Game Thre

With a might roar, for a Kender, Pyros launches another assault. "You lousy excuses for humanoids, did you lose your brains with your other muscles?"

Gold Studded and Dagger DW: [1d20] = 17 [1d20] = 14 [1d6] = 5 [1d4] = 1

================
Yep USS LOVES Pyros... hates Sue...
================================

Cross will follow the main body of the group.
If he can get a clean shot off he will toss Gar.

Author:  mltillis [ Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:18 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Act 2 Scene 3: “To 'Where the Old Bones Lie'” (Game Thre

"Blood Hell!" Pytor grumbles as the halflings engage a new set of skeletons from around the side of the ziggurat. Stowing what ammunition he had picked up, he dashes towards the rope ascending up the stone structure. Pytor begins to climb up to the first flat and make his way towards Pyros and Elsa.

( I'll leave it you as too how far Pytor gets in a round. )

Author:  TristenC [ Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Act 2 Scene 3: “To 'Where the Old Bones Lie'” (Game Thre

[R13]

Jerry rushes for the base of the Ziggurat, grabbing hold of the rope and beginning to climb. She hardly gets off the ground when her grip slips and she slides to the bottom. Pytor rushes up beside and scales the line in short order, making his way towards the halflings.

The rest of the group moves forward, Mira picking off the injured skeleton threatening her friends. Pyros crushes the remaining undead with his gold-studded club in a single blow. A moment later, another pair of the creatures appear around the far corners of the lowest tier before ducking out of sight of the cleric in aversion! The archers fire, downing the northernmost foe. Elsa rushes to the far corner to confront the fleeing skeleton. The enemy turns to flee but only makes it a single step before the Cleric's mace reduces it to flinders.

[Combat Ends!]
[Now that combat is over, a rope and wall is involved, and only 10' climbs are involved; I won't require climbing rolls]
=======
Init:

Jerry: 3
Cross (5+2 Gar): 7
Adrestia (5+3 Mrapier): 8
Pytor (4+6 Csb): 10
Merrick (4+6 sling): 10
Mira (4+7 x-bow): 11
Art (5+7 sb): 12
Pyros (10 +4 club): 14
Skels (8+6 spear): 14
Adran (8+8 LB): 16
Elsa (10+7 mace): 17

Jerry moves SouthWest 50 feet (70 feet left) and climb and join halflings
Climb [Base 40 +55 rope and wall] = 95%
[1d100] = 100, fail!
Jerry fails to climb the wall!

cross prepares to follow the main group

Adrestia moves 30 feet southwest and continues to watch for enemies.

Pytor moves SouthWest 60 feet and climb and join halflings
Climb [Base 40 +55 rope and wall – 25 chainmail] = 70%
[1d100] = 17, pass!
Pytor climbs 10 feet to the top of Tier 1 and moves 10 feet south towards the halflings
Climb Jerry, Pytor [1d100] = 100, [1d100] = 17

Merrick moves 35 feet southwest and fires his sling at s4 (AC 7)
Thac0 19 vs AC 7: need 12+
[1d20] = 5, miss!

Mira moves south 35 feet (to be in view of an enemy) and fires her light crossbow at s15 (AC 7) (-1 in melee with Pyros)
Thac0 18 vs AC 7(-1): Need 12+
[1d20] = 20, Hit! (possible crit!)
[1d20] = 4, crit confirmed!
For [1d8] = 1 + [1d8] = 5 = 6
s15 takes (half dmg vs piercing) = 3 dmg!
s15 is Destroyed!
Mira Crit conf [1d20] = 4, [1d8] = 5

Cross moves 30 feet southwest and holds for an enemy to come in range

Art moves SouthWest and fires his shortbow at s4 (AC 7)
Thac0 17 vs AC 7: need 10+
[1d20] = 7, miss!

Pyros bashes with the Gold club in his right hand at s4 (AC 7)
Thac0 18 vs AC 7: Need 11+
[1d20] = 17, hit!
For [1d6] = 5 damage!
s4 is Destroyed!
no more foes within melee range

s23 moves East 55 feet and sees Elsa (still turned) and steps back until it cannot see her

s24 moves South 45 feet and sees Elsa (still turned) and steps back until it cannot see her

Cross, ready, throws Gar at s23 (AC 7) (-2 mid range)
Thaco 20 vs AC7(-2): Need 15+
Cross vs s23 [1d20] = 12, [1d4] =
1
, Miss!

Adran fires his Longbow at s23 (AC 7)
Thaco 19 vs AC 7: need 12+
[1d20] = 12, hit! (barely)
for [1d6] = 4
s23 takes (half dmg vs piercing) = 2 dmg!
s23 is About to be Destroyed!

Elsa Moves West 55 feet into melee range with s24 (full move, no attack)

Art fires his shortbow a second time, at s23 (AC 7)
Thac0 17 vs AC 7: need 10+
[1d20] = 19, hit!
For [1d6] = 2
s23 takes (half dmg vs piercing) = 1 dmg!
s23 is Destroyed!

s24 tries to move away from Elsa, provoking an attack of opportunity from her!
Elsa bashes at s24 (AC 7) with her silver mace
Thaco 18 vs AC 7: Need 11+
[1d20] = 19, hit!
For [1d4+1] = 4 damage!
s24 is Destroyed!

Combat Ends!

Attachments:
Ziggurat 13.png
Ziggurat 13.png [ 103.86 KiB | Viewed 7559 times ]

Author:  Nocturno [ Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Act 2 Scene 3: “To 'Where the Old Bones Lie'” (Game Thre

"Now that was fun!" Pyros heaves a big breath. "That unclimbable bird sounds hollow. We should check it out." Pyros will race to the top.

Author:  Chris1234 [ Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:35 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Act 2 Scene 3: “To 'Where the Old Bones Lie'” (Game Thre

Jerry gathers up any of her sling ammo and then climbs to the next tier, repeating until reaching the top.
If she's within a few feet of any in the group she enquires, "How are you? Wounded at all?"

Author:  mltillis [ Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:03 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Act 2 Scene 3: “To 'Where the Old Bones Lie'” (Game Thre

Already on the first tier, Pytor reaches down to offer Jerry and any others a hand with their climb up from the ground.
"Nothing you need to concern yourself with Lady Jerry. I got a few scratches on my arm and chest after briefly losing my hammer." ( 6 hp total wounds? ) He reaches down with his non-bloodied arm to help the cleric up onto the first tier. "I've suffered worse cuts from far gentler hands than of those creatures."

Author:  Jenara [ Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Act 2 Scene 3: “To 'Where the Old Bones Lie'” (Game Thre

"Arrows, bolts, we need them." Mira frantically searches for anything un damaged, shoving Elsa's mace awkwardly in her belt. "Smash the thing open? Strange idea." Once she has collected anything else she quickly checks on Elsa and climbs the platforms one by one.

Author:  TristenC [ Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:39 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Act 2 Scene 3: “To 'Where the Old Bones Lie'” (Game Thre

[OOC:] here is a list of the remaining injuries.
Elsa will wave off anyone attempting to see to hers
Pytor sustained 8 damage, (-6 spear, -2 claw) [24/32] Hurt
Elsa 6, (-6 spear crit) [25/31] Barely Scratched
Jerry has 4 damage remaining that her Regen hadn’t repaired [12/16] Hurt
Pyros took 7 (-3 spear, -4 spear) [10/17] Hurt but Elsa is coming to heal him
[/OOC]
======

As soon as the last foe is down, Elsa trots back over to Pyros and lays a hand on his shoulder. Some of his wounds close up just as he rushes towards the rope. Be careful climbing up there! Who knows what kind of trouble that thing is! She calls, slowly starting to make her way behind him.

Pytor reaches down and helps Jerry up to the first tier. The Mystaran notes his obvious wounds, though they seem to hinder the fighter only slightly.

The group scours the area for spent ammunition, coming up with roughly a dozen more shots between them.

Elsa squeezes her friend’s hand once Mira climbs up and joins her. The rest ascend as well.

Once to the top, Pyros quickly finds the spot where all of the damage had been done by the group previously.


====
Elsa casts Cure Light Wounds on Pyros for
Elsa CLW Pyros [1d8] = 3
Pyros is upgraded to Barely scratched [13/17]

Searching about, the group finds roughly half of their missed shots in usable condition [counting those found already]
Short Bow: 7 arrows
Longbow: 5 arrows
Sling: 3 stones
Light crossbow: 1 bolt

Overall Pytor spent 16 shots, Jerry 3, Mira 4,
Adran 21, Art 25, Merrick 11, Elsa 1,

Adran is the only one who can use the longbow, so he has about 20 left once he takes the 4 recovered.
The shortbow arrows can all go to Pytor; Art won’t worry about taking any since he purchased extra before the trip
Mira obviously has the only crossbow,
Merrick and Elsa will let jerry keep the stones

[Edit: Ammo and HPs updated on sheets]

Author:  Chris1234 [ Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:22 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Act 2 Scene 3: “To 'Where the Old Bones Lie'” (Game Thre

Having Stowers the sling ammo, giving a thankful nod to those contributing, Jerry says, "Pytor, I know you're tough as the mountain's root but I'd be grateful if you'd hold still for me, just for a moment. Please!" Assuming he does so, she casts Cure Moderate Wounds on him and then climbs back to the top.

If no one else has done so, unless stopped (including the little chap, Pyros, searching for traps), Jerry will whack the bird with her mace.

======
I'm away at the moment and can't get UServant to work so please would someone roll CMW for me, please? (I think it's 1d10+2).

Author:  Nocturno [ Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:01 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Act 2 Scene 3: “To 'Where the Old Bones Lie'” (Game Thre

I found 1d10+1 - For Jerry: [1d10+1] = 2+1 = 3
==================
Pyros will bash at the spot with his club.

Page 21 of 32 All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/