Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:12 am

Advanced search

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
 Post subject: Re: Act 2 Scene 2: “In Search of The Crown” (Game Thread)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:02 am 
Merchant
Merchant

Pytor finds a spot to sit on the side of the room. Silently applauding the bard's flair of an entrance, he lets the damsel's words carry him away from the hazy smoke filled inn. By the midpoint of her first song, his thoughts are upon the plains where he and Barsali learned to ride in their youth. Then Mira's following song whisks him back to the star-filled nights of his teens when the pair would slip the Kerry daughters out of their father's wagon. The break in the music forces Pytor back to the present and the memory of Barsali's fate. As the melancholy sets in upon him, he barely hears the words of her next song. But their somber tones resonate with the growing despair. Someone slides a drink before him and his palms begin to sweat. By the time yearning fourth song ends, Pytor can't tell if the words came from the stage or the tankard before him. Nervously he stretches his hand across the table...

"It's quite a place. A place of good times and bad, of pain and growth, but in the end a place of great hope. - But if you ever do come aboard, remember one thing: No one there is exactly what he seems. But then, who is?"- G'Kar

ProfileWWW 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:14 pm 
Count
Count

Cross will spend the evening with his head in a book. Or he with hypothesis with Adran about the mystical markings.

Pyros as usual will try to dance with anyone willing. Especially Elsa.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:17 pm 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Grasping the Lure for a moment she starts a faster song, the notes ringing true..

Go Your Own Way

"..Loving you
Isn't the right thing to do
How can I ever change things that I feel?

If I could
Baby I'd give you my world
How can I
When you won't take it from me?

You can go your own way
Go your own way
You can call it another lonely day
You can go your own way
Go your own way

Tell me why
Everything turned around
Packing up
Shacking up's all you wanna do

If I could
Baby I'd give you my world
Open up
Everything's waiting for you

You can go your own way
Go your own way
You can call it another lonely day
You can go your own way
Go your own way.."

As Pyros starts to dance with Elsa the song changes again, the speed slows once more.

Songbird.

"..For you, there'll be no crying
For you, the sun will be shining
'Cause I feel that when I'm with you
It's alright
I know it's right

And the songbirds keep singing like they know the score
And I love you, I love you, I love you
Like never before

To you, I would give the world
To you, I'd never be cold
'Cause I feel that when I'm with you
It's alright
I know it's right

And the songbirds keep singing like they know the score
And I love you, I love you, I love you
Like never before
Like never before
Like never before.."

As the final notes dies

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Getting a reputation)
Borderlands - Angel Half Elf Fighter (Fighting off Zombies)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Killing Nisserrr [Goblins])
Waterdeep 5.0 - Calarina Lock Human Cleric (Looking for work)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:28 pm 
Merchant
Merchant

The tankard felt cool and comfortable within Pytor's hand. Raising it high, he takes a long draw from the frothy mix within. As the cool drink splashes against the back of the gypsy's throat, the tension begins to leave his thoughts and shoulders. The "thirst" abated for the moment, he turns his thoughts fully to Mira and her performance. "It has been far too long since I've heard the joyous sounds of music." He thinks to himself, remembering how the evenings in the gypsy camps were filled with song during the warmer weather. "The lass truly has a voice blessed by the gods and skill to match with the lute." Pytor moves to get a better view of the bard as she performs. "She doesn't seem to have any problems being up in front of a large crowd either..." "Damnation..." He whispers at the sight. Her tight red bodice proves hard for the gypsy to ignore as the bard moves about during her performance. Trying not to stare overtly, Pytor sips slowly at his drink while Mira's haunting words resonate within his ears and soul.

"It's quite a place. A place of good times and bad, of pain and growth, but in the end a place of great hope. - But if you ever do come aboard, remember one thing: No one there is exactly what he seems. But then, who is?"- G'Kar

ProfileWWW 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:19 am 
Count
Count

Pyros takes a few moments holding Elsa then goed into raucous applause hoping it will get the crowd going.

Time to see what new toys I have! with that he heads to the room he is sharing.

Cross will lightly clap behind his book. Then back to studying. Then off to bed without a fuss.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:44 pm 
King
King

The crowd at the Wayfarer's Rest responds well to the bard's show, clearly enjoying the music. Elsa flashes the Kender a small smile when asked to dance, and nods stoically; spoiled only by a chuckle as they begin to hop and whirl about.

Merrick sits with Adran and Cross, holding the fourth seat out for Jerry.

Adrastia spends some time speaking with Artanis before the ranger retires for the evening. Spotting her brother afterwards. Moving over, she sits near him, though says nothing about the drink in his hand.

The night wears on and finally the Kender retires to bed as well.

[If there are no more last minute things from anyone, i'll go ahead and close the game day]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:04 pm 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Lowering her Lute Mira takes a little bow and steps away from the small stage, it was good to be home.. really good to be home. Of all the places she had travelled this was actually the first place she almost felt like she belonged.

Collecting her tips she slips them into a small pouch and slides in alongside Elsa, having eaten her meal when she stopped for a rest, sipping from the single glass of Red she had nursed all night she winks at the Hafling.

"I love playing here.. I do." Downing the last of the glass she giggles. "Why does every day have to be a long day?" She asks, offering the Halfling hand before standing and moving over to the others. "I'm going to catch some sleep. See you all bright and early." Taking one last look she sighs as Marie was nowhere to be seen. a look of resolve crossing her pretty face as she brushes a hand over the bodice for a brief moment.

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Getting a reputation)
Borderlands - Angel Half Elf Fighter (Fighting off Zombies)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Killing Nisserrr [Goblins])
Waterdeep 5.0 - Calarina Lock Human Cleric (Looking for work)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:28 am 
Duke
Duke

Having been mesmerised by the performance, and tired to boot, Jerry claps and makes a half-hearted whistle at Mira's performance.
Those of the group she encounters on the way to the sleeping quarters just get tired nods and a smile (unless they press the matter.)

"The thought of more nightmares is weighing my spirits down," Jerry whispers to her lover as they ascend the stairs.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

Advanced search