Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 31, 2020 10:41 pm

Advanced search

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Act 2 Scene 1: “Legend of The Crown” (Game Thread)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:13 pm 
Prince
Prince

"Hey red canyon!" Pyros will elbow Adrastia.

Cross will watch in silence. "Have you flown over a red earthern cavern?"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:26 pm 
Freeman
Freeman

Adran speaks up, "then we shall go to that cavern in search of the crown. If necessary - we should leave under cover of night so as to not draw attention....."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:32 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Akriel blushes, Thank you, she says, demurely. There is something you must understand... this land.. it is very dangerous... If... if any of you feel you cannot, then I would understand. But I am convinced the crown must be there... and you have my eternal gratitude. And I am sure my love would greatly reward any who help us. She replies.

Adrastia grins mirthlessly, Your concern is valid. I am more than familiar with the dangers of this land. I can keep them safe if we decide to do this. Yes... of course. the girl says meekly. The dusky hued warrior turns to Pyros,It could be the same. It is as good as any other lead I have just now; and better than most.

Fenrir shifts nervously along Cross' shoulder. Hesitation and concern come plainly through the bond. Yes... this is a dangerous place...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:41 pm 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

"We?" Mira asks with a raised eyebrow, "I'd rather you let us speak for ourselves Adran." Mira says not unkindly, before turning her attention to Akriel

"So it was somewhere 'else' like lots of things and people that exist here? That would explain why I was unable to find any stories or history regarding it, see stories are based in truth, you can learn lots from them." The Bard considers the infomation, shifting from foot to foot as she stands watching. "I would like to see this Libary, and read these tales, stories are my life." She nods and shoots a look over at Adrastia, interested how the Woman is reacting to this tale.

"So, this Crown can carry people from place to place, or what was the word? Plane to Plane? There is always a glimmer of truth to any story." She grins a little thinking, "Someone else knew, he had a list.." (Who took it, I forget)

"So, in essence you want us to go and find this Crown, and where would we bring it?"

"And travelling at Night is not a good idea, I'm not familiar with the Wild, but facing what we have at night, no... we take cover at night." She adds.

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:37 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Akriel listens to Mira's explanations with interest, nodding, He is very fastidious about his books but... well for helping us, I'm sure I can convince him to let you brows the shelves. she affirms.

Someone... someone knew?! How? Oh...! she adopts a look of shock and fear, The... the woodsman must have agents searching for it already! she says, in a strained voice. What... what list?
[if the list is produced and Akriel is allowed to see it] she pales visibly at the sight of her name on the paper. Wh... what do you think it means? This was with.. the map? she asks softly.

Once the crown is recovered, we must get it to my love as soon as possible, so that he can use it. He will need to study it of course to be able to use it. But If you could stop here to let me know of your success, I could begin my final preparations to join the good doctor... she looks off into space almost dreamily.

Adrastia listens to it all with a stoic demeanor, giving no sign of what she thinks of it all. At the final remark regarding travel she finally speaks, No, no travel during the dark, but there are ways to make safe camp at night... This canyon seems as good a lead for my purposes as any. I will be your guide. This land has always been my home.

====
[I think either Jerry had the list]

List of Names:

Martotz Babin
Harkon
Irert
Bertev Roche
**Simo Roux
Guilhelm Caron
Akriel
Gastos Lemieux
Airand Lucroy
Tibern
Rautib Forier

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:57 pm 
Freeman
Freeman

Adran speaks up, "I didn't mean to assume that the group would all join in on this adventure - all I can say is that at least I would be willing to help. As for the books, I think it would be a good idea for us to study them .... when can we make this happen?" Finally, Adran says, "traveling during the daytime is agreeable with me...."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:00 pm 
King
King

Picking up on Mira's comments about 'truth' and 'stories', Jerry decides to go digging, "Akriel, if you please, I have some questions. Firstly, purely out of nosiness, from what are the signs of brawling within this area? More pertinently, if I may ask, what caused you to be without hope? Which members of your family have you been speaking with over the last week and where are they exactly?"

Jerry listens to any response and then presses on, "I was a little confused by something you said earlier, so I'm hoping you can put me right. You said the Crown is a very old family heirloom. An heirloom of which family would that be? And you said '...or something'. What did you mean by that? That it's not an heirloom? Or that it's not an heirloom of your family?"

After listening to the replies about the crown, Jerry seeks clarification about relationships and locations, "Calling your beloved 'Dr Dominani' seems rather formal. Is he a member or your family? Husband? Lover? And where is he? And, before I forget, where actually is the 'extensive research library' that you referred to? "

Again after any answers, "One other thing, why is the woodsman after Dr Dominani? And what do you think the list means? Or rather, what do you think the names on the list have in common?"

======
@Tristen: Sorry for the rat-tat-tat of questions. Just trying to save half a dozen sets of posts.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:57 am 
Prince
Prince

"Well new friend. I think some danger will be required to get me home. Plus the chance at researching in a large library, is worth some risk. I am thankful I found you before this troubled time."

Pyros tunes out the talking and starts to check out the room.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:09 am 
Emperor
Emperor

Akriel seems confused of the first question a moment until she looks around. Oh! Yes… well… this is a private meeting room for the inn. It is available to anyone for a short time for a little coin. Umm… late at night I suppose some use it for… less than honest purposes… she shivers, the thought of such violence as cause the damage offending her obviously delicate sensibilities. Truly I was so focused on what to say to you all, I was able to block it out until you called attention to it… She hugs her cloak tight, eyeing the stains warily. Without hope…? Oh! Of course, you were not there that night. Your friends found me when I was being attacked… the woodsman sent his messenger to whip me… and keep me in line… he is jealous and wants me for himself, but my betrothed will be able to use the crown to protect me.

The next question produces a look of shock, My… family?! You want me to name every cousin and aunt and relative I visited for the last week and give you the locations of their homes? she asks incredulously. Have I not made it clear that this is an urgent issue? You have evidence that someone already knows about it, and has for who knows how long. And would you give someone your entire family’s whereabouts? she shakes her head disbelievingly. And the crown did belong to my family, but an heirloom is something that is passed down. How can we pass it down if it is lost or hidden away in a cavern?

Her mouth opens agape as Jerry goes on, Why… do I… Because he is a great man, and I call him Doctor because I take pride in the work my betrothed does. He helps the mentally ill, often asking no compensation for himself. He is well known both here and in his homeland of Gundarak to the north. And his library is in his home, where else?

She winds down a little, but still obviously flustered. The woodsman is after me, though he is cruel I am certain he would act against my beloved if he found the opportunity. I don’t know any of those names except my own; but why would someone have my name on there? she asks her final question to the group as a whole, fear creeping into her eyes. It must be an agent of the woodsman… she finishes weakly.

Home? The raven muses. Curiosity and consideration come through the bond, New fields to hunt… yes…

===
As Akriel has already answered the ‘beloved’ part I’ll disregard that specific part of Jerry’s questioning. Also, I’m pretty sure the party would have told her about it at some point when describing the events at the jail on how they met Akriel; whether or not it was mentioned directly in RP

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:33 pm 
Freeman
Freeman

Feeling as though everyone's questions were answered, Adran turns to the group and says, Since I am a latecomer to this alternate plane, I'll ask the group: how do we proceed? If this crown can get me home and to all that I have known my entire life, I personally think it is worth the trouble. But again, what does everyone else plan to do?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:28 pm 
King
King

Jerry smiles at Akriel and nods, and then leans in to Merrick. While Adran is talking, she whispers in Merrick's ear, "Notice the bluster? She's hiding something. Heard of Gundarak? You try."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:34 pm 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Miras sense of compassion kicks in the moment Arkiel's attention is drawn to the room, stepping forward the Bard wraps her arms around the Young Woman and holds her close, sushing her as she defends herself from Jerrys questioning.

"You didnt have to answer those questions, I think we have heard enough." She speaks interupting any further questioning, "Personally Adran I'd rather we didnt discuss it here, its.. this isnt the place." she surveys the room and pulls the young woman closer. "But I believe we should make our preparations and leave no later than the day after tomorrow. That would leave us with time to prepare, collect rations and the like and head out."

Borderlands 3 - Navi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:07 pm 
Prince
Prince

"New and much safter fields."

Unless Pyros finds a trinket to pocket, he will start moving around chairs, or other loose objects.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:14 am 
Emperor
Emperor

Elsa nods in agreement with Adran. I don't know how I got to this strange land, but if this is what it takes to get me back to hearth an home, I'm ready. the Halfling nods decisively. Artanis watches the others quietly, casting perhaps the occasionally more frequent glance at Adrastia during all of the back-and-forth.

Merrick blinks at Jerry's comment, and replies just as quietly, Bluster? I... do you not realize how your questions may have sounded? You asked someone with a terrible fear of being hunted by someone where all of her family and friends live... does this not seem... perhaps a bit insensitive? he asks. Gundarak is the country to the north of here... it is well-known... the locals make trade there frequently.

Akriel flushes and turns her face to one side as the bard comforts her, obviously overcome by the compassion. Thank you... she whispers quietly, you're... very kind... She scrubs at her eyes, now red and damp, No... no it's alright... I suspect I'll be on edge until I am safe with my love... Should you decide to help or... or not... please, leave a note here to that effect. I will have my friend watch for it. I must needs go, however; to avoid discovery. Please, feel free to use the room. With that, Akriel rises; hugging the bard tightly and whispering again a quiet thank you. In a moment (unless stopped) she pulls the hood of her cloak up and disappears beyond the door.

Pyros avoids all of the 'adulting' going on. Unfortunately the benches are all of a piece and fastened to the walls so they cannot be maneuvered. He does, however, find a myriad of interesting scratches and gouges and stains all-over; perhaps imagining the epic tavern-battles that might have been wrought in this very space.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:51 am 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

"Of course." Mira whispers back in return, releasing her she allows her to leave, moving to the door herself she stops. "Jerry, later you and I need to talk." With that and taking Elsa's hand if she allows she leaves the way they came, recovering her seat if it remains unused.

Borderlands 3 - Navi

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next

Advanced search