Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:53 pm

Advanced search

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Act 2 Scene 1: “Legend of The Crown” (Game Thread)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:32 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Once Pyros overcomes his surprise and follows, he spots the stranger as he nears the front desk. The old man glances back once to be sure he is seen before pressing against the wall to the East. The panel opens into a secret door!!! The Kender reaches the spot just as it thumps shut. Mira and Elsa trail not far behind, as well as Adran after pausing to pocket the leather scrip; which feels like it contains a small, hard object.

The front desk itself is unoccupied, but stands directly across from the secret door. It doesn’t take Pyros more than a minute to find the catch, the panel opening to a very small secret hallway! To the north is a plain oaken door with a sturdy lock. The scrip proves to contain a skeleton key with a stamped wolf’s head.

Back at the table, Adrastia and Artanis rise casually, projecting the air that nothing at all were amiss, preparing to follow the others. Cross looks around the room suspiciously, as does the Rook on his shoulder. Merrick fidgets indecisively, apparently torn between following and staying.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:19 am 
King
King

"Not subtle," mutters Jerry to her partner., shrugs and adds, "Shall we?" before they follow the others.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:21 am 
Prince
Prince

"NOWTHATISINTERESTING!" basically to everything that just happened in the last few minutes.

"Watch my back. I am going to follow my flock to this new area."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:31 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Adrastia and Artanis move to join the others, the dusky hued fighter smirking at the clerics comment. Merrick rises as well as Jerry gets up to follow. The group soon finds themselves crowded in front of the main desk, with nary a soul in sight. Pyros seems to have discovered a secret door and short hall across from it; with another door set in the north side of the hidden passage. It is locked, but Adran holds a key from the leather scrip...

Fenrir stays silent and watchful for the moment, avian head swiveling this way and that.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:45 pm 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Mira considers everything that just happened, following Pyros she takes a moment to marvel that there was a passage hidden in the inn.

"Shall we take a look? Pyros take point, Adrastia and Artanis up front, Jerry, Merrick, Cross and Adran in the middle, Elsa and I will cover the rear." Mira suggests as they enter the doorway, (Assuming she doesnt know Adran has the key) "Pyros can you open that?"

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:38 pm 
Prince
Prince

It's locked but that never stopped me before...!"

Open Locks (80%): [1d100] = 67 [Thats 90 now]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:06 pm 
Freeman
Freeman

Once inside the secret door - Adran will open the scrip to find the key. He will suggest that instead of forcing their way through the door that is locked at the end of the hallway, that they instead try the key in the lock. "Who knows, it might work!"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:35 pm 
Prince
Prince

"I hope it doesn't my fingers haven't had a proper work out lately!" Pyros waits while Adran tries the key.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:36 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Elsa stands by the bard while the fighters quickly flank the Kender as he whips out his picks and goes to work. By the time Adran discovers the key, the door is already opening with a satisfying Click! Beyond lies a square room with benches lining the walls and a large circular table in the center. A slender, cloaked and hooded figure hisses a quiet Shhh! and begins frantically ushering them all into the room. The hood slips back just enough to identify Akriel, but Adrastia keeps a wary eye on the girl as the others file in.

She holds her hand out to Adran for the key, and waits for everyone to enter, motioning for Merrick to shut the secret door near the desk; which he does careful not to make a noise. The furniture shows signs of brawling with scrapes, cuts and gouges marring their surfaces. Brown stains cover the walls, furniture and floor. A thick odor, perhaps that of sweat and exertion, lingers in the air.

Once the others are inside, Akriel closes and locks the door; breathing a sigh of obvious relief as she pulls her hood back fully. Raven hair frames her stark violet eyes set in a comely, youthful face. You came. she says in elven. Thank you… I… I wasn’t certain that you would. She looks to the newcomers as well, And you brought friends… My name is Akriel, she introduces herself. Your companions offered to aid me when I found myself without hope… I have spent the week speaking with various members of my family, and I believe I know where to find it… the Crown of Soldiers…

====
The meeting room is area 10 on the map. The red ‘S’ indicates secret doors. The secret hall is area 11, and the front desk area 12. Area 9 is the bar which Adran and Adrastia got a peek of at different times.
Attachment:
Akriel-1.jpg
Akriel-1.jpg [ 32.72 KiB | Viewed 4238 times ]

Attachments:
meeting Akriel.gif
meeting Akriel.gif [ 248.09 KiB | Viewed 4238 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:37 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

[Ninja'd me Nocturno!]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:04 pm 
Freeman
Freeman

Adran hands the key back to Akriel and says. "It's a pleasure to meet you, do tell us more about this Crown of Soldiers."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:40 am 
King
King

At the mention of the Crown Jerry's attention couldn't be more totally focused even for praying or studying for spells. Unconsciously she grips Merrick's arm a little too tightly.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:57 am 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

"We meet again Akriel." Mira speaks after a few moments, "Please do, and forgive me for saying, but can you explain how it will help you? Or for that matter us." She doesn't sit, instead she remains standing and keeps away from the walls and furniture.

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:59 am 
Prince
Prince

Pyros fidgets around a couple chairs finally deciding on one, like a dog circling his sleeping spot for a nap.

He will listen to the conversation but fidget with this and that from his pouches.

"This lady was being attacked by a man who seemed to have control of wolves."

Cross will bow his head to Akriel in greeting.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:02 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Akriel takes a seat, Oh, of course... she takes a deep breath and lets it out slowly. Last time we met I was so distressed... but, well I've had time to calm down a little and do some digging. she smiles slightly, satisfied with herself. You see, the Crown is apparently a very very old family heirloom or something. It was kept by my ancestors long ago. Records of it's abilities have been lost to time, but it just so happens that my dear love, Dr Dominani, has an extensive library for his research. She smiles and her eyes take a far away look as she goes on. Oh, he is so brilliant and interested in so many things. He thinks he has found some reference for it and how it can be used...

She seems to realize she is rambling a little. I'm so sorry, about the crown... The stories from my relatives all agree on one thing... the crown wasn't always here... it was somewhere else... and not only did it cross the mists, but it gave the one who can understand it the ability to lead others through as well. If it can be found, I'm sure my beloved could puzzle out how to use it to send you all home! And with it, my darling could keep the terrible woodsman at bay. The scoundrel knows this land like few others. He could find me anywhere, but my love says it has other abilities as well that will keep him from finding us. she smiles.

As for where... Its final resting place seems to be a large cavern somewhere to the southeast. The best directions I could find place it in a red earthen canyon between Kartakass and Bluetspur; described only as where the old bones lie... After much investigation, the best route seems to be to follow the river East from Harmonia before turning North... I... I wish I could be more specific... She says, apologetically.

Artanis, who has been idly stroking his beard during the revelations, sits forward at the description. East of Harmonia... and a canyon of bones? He muses. Drawing out a small parchment, he lays it on the table before her. The rest of the group (aside from Adrastia and Adran) recognize it as the trail map from Jackques' farm. The parchment shows a thin trail drawn through the woods to the far side of one of the foothills to a canyon, marked by a crudely drawn skull...

Akriel's eyes widen at the map, Wha... where did you come by this? Who else could have known?

Attachments:
Jackques Trail Map.JPG
Jackques Trail Map.JPG [ 56.59 KiB | Viewed 4204 times ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Advanced search