Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:57 am

Advanced search




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Adran Galanodel (ThaWizKid)- Private Thread
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:52 pm 
Offline
King
King
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 8362
Location:
somewhere in the aether
The instant Adran spots the tiny chest he dives for it, closing his hands around it firmly. Before he can even rise to his feet, the half-elf Aglos fires off a spell beyond the elf-mage's knowledge. Adran's body seizes as if frozen in a block of stone, helpless! Dirk draws and raises his blade to strike, but Aglos forestalls him. Hold! He will not bother us for now. Let us see what has become of Nent... Though he cannot move, Adran can still see the far wall and floor near where his held form clutches the chest; his gear but an arm's breadth away yet impossibily out of reach...

What do you think happened to him? the rogue asks, bewildered. Hmm, he seems gripped by something in the fog... don't let it touch you! He chides, forcefully. $#!7 it's everywhere!!! Well stand back, you fool! Open the other door. Let's get...

An animalistic scream of sheer terror and anguish rips from Dirk's throat. Aglos stumbles backwards into Adran's view, falling against the stone wall as sweeping waves of fog begin to obscure the held Elf's vision. Fumbling for the door, the aging half-elf flees as the mist blankets the room... Slowly Adran's consciousness fades, his hands still magically held around the tiny chest... object of his hunt for half a century...
...
..
.

A light rain rizzled down on his face as he clutched something overhead... no.. he lay flat.. on his side... yes... the weight on his ribs told him that... Blinking away the droplets the Elf awoke... drawing his hands in he found the intricately designed chest... so tiny... so important... With a start the recent events came crashing back to him. Dirk... Aglos... the mist... Casting his gaze about he found himself in a tiny clearing in the woods... alone... the chest in his hands... Something rectangular poked him in the ribs from where he lay on it... the journal... the key... the green-stained canvas bound book that would unlock the secrets of the scroll he'd been hunting almost his entire adult life...


====
Adran initiative [1d10] = 6

Initiative:
Aglos (3+3 spell) = 6
Adran (6) = 6
Dirk (7+3 wep) = 10

Adran dives for the magical chest and grabs it!

Aglos casts Hold Person on Adran! (Single target, -3 to saving throw)
Adran [save vs spell = 12] needs 15 or higher to save
Adran save vs spell [1d20] = 12
Fail! Adran is held!

Dirl prepares to attack!

Aglos speaks (free action) stops him


Last edited by TristenC on Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sooo many typos


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Adran Galanodel (ThaWizKid)- Private Thread
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:04 pm 
Offline
Freeman
Freeman

Joined:
Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:07 am
Posts: 128
Adran will try to get up and survey the lay of the land, he wants to find out where he is first and if there is anyone nearby. He thinks that this is too good to be true, there has to be someone who brought him here......but why? What purpose could they possibly have and are they friend or foe? Before getting up, Adran will ensure that he has clutched firmly the chest with the scroll and the journal. He will also look to see if his gear is anywhere in sight - after all, it would make it easier to survive and possibly make his way back to his temple that he has not seen in many years......what an arrival that will be......but wait! He needs to focus on the task at hand: find out where he is, is there anyone nearby, and is his gear anywhere in sight?


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Adran Galanodel (ThaWizKid)- Private Thread
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:16 am 
Offline
King
King
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 8362
Location:
somewhere in the aether
The elven mage rises, sore to his bones as if he'd spent the whole night splayed out uncomfortably on the uneven ground. The forest around him is thicker than he recalls... He wracks his memory for any clue as to how he came here... it's almost as if he teleported... perhaps an item? A trigger of some kind? Holding tight to the priceless treasures, he slowly rises. No person nor creature lies within his view of the small clearing save a few sparrows and finches who warble and whistle contentedly. A quick search finds his things lying nearby. Though he is no tracker, he can find no trace that anyone walked this way...


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Adran Galanodel (ThaWizKid)- Private Thread
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:08 pm 
Offline
Freeman
Freeman

Joined:
Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:07 am
Posts: 128
After Adran rubs his back, he silently puts the journal and the scroll into his pack, which he mounts on his back quickly. He attaches his bow and quiver to his pack, and carries his short sword at the ready. He then looks around and tries to find the most open path that he can and will head in that direction until things start to look familiar.....or he finds a road or other individuals. His main goals for the moment are: protect the scroll and journal, find out where he is, and make the long trek home.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Adran Galanodel (ThaWizKid)- Private Thread
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:56 am 
Offline
King
King
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 8362
Location:
somewhere in the aether
Gathering the precious documents, the High Elf Adran settles his pack and prepares to strike out. There seem to be no manmade paths to the small clearing, but he does find a game trail. Striking out, he notices the forest thickens abruptly and it is nearly impossible to see very far into it. The greenery is full of life and most every type of creature seems out and about today. He passes a variety of birds, many of them chirruping happily, curious yet cautious squirrels and chipmonks, and even spots a cottontail just before it bounds away. The air is crisp, wafts of misty breath carrying the tinge of dying winter rather than the warmth of approaching summer… perhaps a cold-snap had come late… very late… perhaps…

The path winds confusingly through the trees, switching back and forth, but seemingly moving in the same general direction. A couple of hours into the trek, suddenly something itches at the back of his mind… The undeniable feeling that something is not quite right creeps over him… the animals have all gone silent…


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Adran Galanodel (ThaWizKid)- Private Thread
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:52 pm 
Offline
Freeman
Freeman

Joined:
Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:07 am
Posts: 128
Adran will get off the trail and take cover wherever he can....gripping his short sword tightly, he will look around and listen until this feeling goes away or he discovers its source.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Adran Galanodel (ThaWizKid)- Private Thread
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:45 pm 
Offline
King
King
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 8362
Location:
somewhere in the aether
Stepping off the trail, the elven mage hides among the thick undergrowth; weapon ready. He waits, doing his best to remain still and silent... A rustling sound passes behind him, 50 yards away or more... Turning his head, he barely catches sight of mottled grey fur... it could have been a wolf... if wolves grew the size of horses... After a few minutes the animals began their cheerful chatter again...


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Adran Galanodel (ThaWizKid)- Private Thread
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:37 am 
Offline
Freeman
Freeman

Joined:
Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:07 am
Posts: 128
.....and with the disappearance of the large wolf-like animal, Adran was well on his way down the trail again - only this time he kept a constant vigilance for anything that moved.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Adran Galanodel (ThaWizKid)- Private Thread
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:00 pm 
Offline
King
King
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 8362
Location:
somewhere in the aether
As soon as he is sure the crearure is gone, the elven mage returns to the trail. The sound of every rustle and snap of a twig seems louder somehow. Another hour or so on the trail eventually takes him to the edge of a hillside. It is a little steep, but a long road can be seen a mile or so away. The road doesn't seem to be one he recognizes.... more disturbing perhaps are the mountains looming in the distance beyond... mountains that should not be anywhere near where the ruins had been... mountains that didn't match any others he knew... something was very wrong here....


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Adran Galanodel (ThaWizKid)- Private Thread
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:36 pm 
Offline
Freeman
Freeman

Joined:
Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:07 am
Posts: 128
Even though he knew something was very wrong, Adran knew that all he could do for the moment was to take the road and try to find signs of life. Once he did, he would ask where he was so he could plan his way home. Where ever that fog had taken him, it apparently was nowhere near where he had been.....


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Adran Galanodel (ThaWizKid)- Private Thread
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:30 am 
Offline
King
King
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 8362
Location:
somewhere in the aether
[Mountains to the front. Which way along the road does he go, Left or Right?]


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Adran Galanodel (ThaWizKid)- Private Thread
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:23 pm 
Offline
Freeman
Freeman

Joined:
Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:07 am
Posts: 128
[He will go left.]


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Adran Galanodel (ThaWizKid)- Private Thread
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:56 pm 
Offline
King
King
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 8362
Location:
somewhere in the aether
Adran steps onto the hard packed road and begins walking. Before long he sees a a group of people ahead coming down the road towards him, apparently simply traveling in the opposite direction. As they draw nearer, it seems to be a young couple; humans perhaps in their twenties or so.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Adran Galanodel (ThaWizKid)- Private Thread
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:14 pm 
Offline
Freeman
Freeman

Joined:
Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:07 am
Posts: 128
Adran waits until they get closer and scopes them out, he then says Good day, may I trouble you for a moment? Adran goes on I've seemed to have lost my bearings and my map, whereabouts are we?


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Adran Galanodel (ThaWizKid)- Private Thread
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:46 am 
Offline
King
King
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 8362
Location:
somewhere in the aether
The couple seems focused on each other until he calls out to them. They seem perplexed at first, but then the girl appears to notice something about Adran's appearance and draws back. The young man watches him warily, shaking his head in response. He speaks in an odd language that seems vaguely similar to Elven... Je ne sais pas qui tu es ou ce que tu dis ... on va juste en ville...

Far back along the road (about a quarter mile) he sees other travelers heading the same direction he has been).

======
Base 5% chance to understand the language (Harmonian) for knowing Elven. +1% per day spent where half the speech is in Harmonian.
Adran Harmonian language check [1d100] = 78: fail, he doesn't understand.

Perhaps another language?


Top
  Profile 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Advanced search


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group