Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:02 am

Advanced search




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 825 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Out of Harmony" (Game Thread)
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:02 pm 
Offline
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:00 am
Posts: 9751
Location:
United Kingdom
Mira scrabbles along the roof, reaching for her crossbow she matches Artanis's actions and prepares to shoot if a target is free..

Simple [1d20] = 14 (Hit AC5 if needed)

"He's Hurt, can you track it?" She asks the Ranger.

_________________
"Doors and corners, kid. That's where they get you." Joe Miller.

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard
Borderlands - Angel Half Elf Fighter
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger
Waterdeep 5.0 - Calarina Lock Human Cleric


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Out of Harmony" (Game Thread)
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:07 pm 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 6887
Location:
somewhere in the aether
Jerry heads back downstairs, Elsa stops him. What is going on? I heard something heavy fall off the roof...

Mira snatches up her crossbow and ascends to the peak of the roof. She searches for the creature, but it is already gone. Instead she loads a normal bolt, picking one of the wolves entangled. Artanis slowly takes aim as well and fires. The bard's bolt strikes the injured wolf trapped in the vines, killing it instantly. The rangers arrow flies towards the only remaining wolf, but strikes one of the many branches nearby instead.


====
R5

Mira's target has fled so she fires her light crossbow at the W4 (-1 moonlight, entangled)
[1d20] = 14, hit!
Mira lt x-bow dmg [1d8] = 8
W4 dies!

Artanis fires his SHORTbow at W1 (entangled)
Thac0 18 vs AC 7 (-1 lighting, -4 Lethargic, +1 high ground):
Artanis shortbow vs W1 entangled [1d20] = 2, [1d6] = 6
Miss


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Out of Harmony" (Game Thread)
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:23 pm 
Offline
Marquis
Marquis

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 4742
Jerry replies with her best smile, "The wolfman had jumped onto the roof and we've knocked him off and he scampered off behind the barn. Was going to try and take the fight to them like Cross said. Can you, or someone, open the door for me so I can try and damage an entangled wolf?"


Last edited by Chris1234 on Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Out of Harmony" (Game Thread)
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:24 pm 
Offline
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:00 am
Posts: 9751
Location:
United Kingdom
Leveling another bolt Mira calls down. "Artanis has some spell on him we need to chase that thing down. It's hurt badly."

Simple [1d20] = 13 another bolt at W1

_________________
"Doors and corners, kid. That's where they get you." Joe Miller.

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard
Borderlands - Angel Half Elf Fighter
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger
Waterdeep 5.0 - Calarina Lock Human Cleric


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Out of Harmony" (Game Thread)
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:42 pm 
Offline
Viscount
Viscount
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 3470
Pyros will head down the window, and out a door following whoever is around when he gets outside.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Out of Harmony" (Game Thread)
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:25 am 
Offline
Merchant
Merchant
User avatar

Joined:
Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:03 pm
Posts: 497
Location:
Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
Artanis slowly and methodically reaches for and notches another arrow to fire at the entangled wolf. He carefully draws back on the string, and tries to site in the creature, but finds it difficult to locate in the mass of plant growth. He shoots the arrow anyways and it misses the wolf by quite a bit.

Attack with bow: [1d20+1] = 5+1 = 6, Damage [1d6] = 1

_________________
Current Games & Characters:
Demiplane of Dread: Artanis Auir
Rashtan:Glinel Rinelendrieth, Frankie Waldon
The Fall: Bruno Dodd, The Iron Sheik, Denise Dodd, Ald, Dannii Dodd


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Out of Harmony" (Game Thread)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:16 am 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 6887
Location:
somewhere in the aether
Pyros tries to rush down the stairs, straining his lethargic muscles to cooperate. He finally reaches the door, where Elsa is speaking to Jerry. Are you sure you wanna go out there? If there are more of them or this is a trap... she unlatches the door and waits for Jerry's nod.

The instant the door is opened, Jerry rushes outside. Pyros ducks out right behind her! Pyros, wait! What are you... With a growl, Elsa turns and shouts back into the house, Merrick! I need you back here, these maniacs are going outside! The half elf mage quickly moves to take her place, They're what? ... Jerry?! he calls, though she is longe gone. Watch the door, Elsa says grimly as she follows the Kender and other Cleric outside.

The moonlight lends an eerie cast to the yard, strange shadows moving everywhere. Jerry moves around the large cluster of trees, knowing where the last wolf is from her position on the roof. She quickly outdistances the shorter-legged, slowed kender, while Elsa intentionally keeps pace with Pyros. I've got a really bad feeling about this... the halfling whispers to him. Artanis' arrow sails from high above, crashing harmlessly into the brush as jerry rounds the corner. Seeing the wolf still entangled, she reaches for her sling rather than wade into the writhing vines. Whipping the strap around, she sends a sling bullet into the wolf's side. Another shaft splits the air, finding a narrow gap between the branches and vines. Mira's crossbow bolt pierces the remaining wolf, who is beginning to look pretty rough.


[Actions R7?]
===
R6
Initiative:
Cross: 5
Merrick: 6
Pyros (5+2 Lethargic): 7
Elsa: 8
Artanis (3+7 Sbow +2 Lethargic): 12
Jerry (7+6 sling): 13
Mira (7+7): 14

W2: entangled

Cross is on the roof near Artanis

Merrick (den) holds.

Pyros heads downstairs.

Elsa holds.

Artanis fires his SHORTbow at W2 (entangled)
Thac0 18 vs AC 7 (-1 lighting, -4 Lethargic, +1 high ground):
[1d20+1] = 5+1 = 6,
Miss

Elsa opens the door for Jerry.
Pyros (slowed) runs out too!

Elsa calls for Merrick to cover the door.
Elsa follows Pyros.

Jerry runs outside looking for a target (cannot see from here) Jerry moves North around the trees. Cannot reach the wolf in melee (entangled) so readies her sling (-1 moonlight, entangled).
Thac0 20 VS AC7 (-1)
Jerry sling b vs W2 [1d20] = 14, [1d4+1] = 1+1 = 2,
Hit! (Barely) for 2 damage!
W2 is Hurt!

Mira fires her light crossbow at W2 (-1 moonlight, entangled)
[1d20] = 13, hit! (Barely)
Mira lt x-bow dmg [1d8] = 3
W2 is Hurt Badly!


Attachments:
tmp_1284-_20170227_081809-319x418336678061.JPG
tmp_1284-_20170227_081809-319x418336678061.JPG [ 53.65 KiB | Viewed 973 times ]
Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Out of Harmony" (Game Thread)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:47 am 
Offline
Marquis
Marquis

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 4742
Unless anything else happens*, Jerry winds up another sling bullet and let's fly at the entangled wolf (#W2).

*If the wolfman comes out withing range, Jerry throws her two remaining magical stones at him.

======
Presumably W2 is medium size? (sling bullet is 1d6+1 v large)
Sling bullet v wolf, THAC0 20: Sling to hit/dam v M/dam v L [1d20] = 3, [1d4+1] = 1+1 = 2, [1d6+1] = 5+1 = 6
OR Amgical Stones v wolfman, THAC0 20: Mag.Stones to hit/dam x2 [1d20] = 11,[1d4] = 4,[1d20] = 14,[1d4] = 1


Last edited by Chris1234 on Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Out of Harmony" (Game Thread)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:05 pm 
Offline
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:00 am
Posts: 9751
Location:
United Kingdom
Loading a third bolt Mira aims at the entangled Wolf with the crossbow, the bolt flying straight at the creature.

: Simple [1d20] = 16

_________________
"Doors and corners, kid. That's where they get you." Joe Miller.

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard
Borderlands - Angel Half Elf Fighter
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger
Waterdeep 5.0 - Calarina Lock Human Cleric


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Out of Harmony" (Game Thread)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:30 pm 
Offline
Merchant
Merchant
User avatar

Joined:
Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:03 pm
Posts: 497
Location:
Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
Artanis continues his methodical, slothlike pace with firing arrows into the surrounding plant life. He notches another arrow, pulls back on the bow string, sites in on the wolf that is closest to him (if it is still alive - otherwise he'll site in on a live one) And as he goes to let go of the string, he also lets go of the bow altogether.

Attack with bow: [1d20+1] = 1+1 = 2, Damage [1d6] = 5 :x

_________________
Current Games & Characters:
Demiplane of Dread: Artanis Auir
Rashtan:Glinel Rinelendrieth, Frankie Waldon
The Fall: Bruno Dodd, The Iron Sheik, Denise Dodd, Ald, Dannii Dodd


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Out of Harmony" (Game Thread)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:56 pm 
Offline
Viscount
Viscount
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 3470
Pyros struggling against the slowness will tear a path to see around the barn.

[OoC:I flipped a coin to see where he went]


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Out of Harmony" (Game Thread)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:27 pm 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 6887
Location:
somewhere in the aether
Cross, not wanting to waste his spells now that the main threats are apparently gone, walks to the edge of the roof. He draws Gar, and hurls the dagger towards the restrained wolf. The blade flies in a strange arc, almost as if it were guided by some unseen force. HAHAHAHAAAAA!!! Strange, mad laughter pierces the night air, seemingly coming from the knife itself! The dagger sails over the brush, striking the wolf square in the back! The trapped creature howls in pain, coughing and hacking from its injuries.

Pyros changes direction like a leaf in the wind, rushing to the southwest to see where the larger creature has gone. He peers out into the moonlit night, but cannot see anything moving in the darkness beyond the barb. Elsa looks back nervously at the laughter, but sticks close by Pyros; her mace and shield ready and her eyes constantly watchful.

High above, Artabis struggles to move, drawing his bowstring deliberately back. He takes a deep breath and prepares to loose the string, but the bow jerks in his grip from the unnatural slowness! Instead of the arrow sailing forward the bowstave whips back at him, clattering to the lower section of roof behind him! Jerry whips her sling around and fires another bullet at the wolf. It narrowly misses the canine, striking a nearby branch. Mira takes careful aim at the final creature and lets her bolt fly. The shaft streaks through the night, slamming into the final foe's skull with a solid THONK!


[The Lethargy restraining Kerap and Pyros ends]
====
R7
Initiative:
Merrick: 6
Cross (5+2 dagger): 7
Pyros (5+2 Lethargic): 7
Elsa: 8
Artanis (3+7 Sbow +2 Lethargic): 12
Jerry (7+6 sling): 13
Mira (7+7): 14
W2: Entangled


Cross moves to the edge of the roof and throws Gar at W2 40 ft away (13 yds. mid range, -2)
Thac0 20 vs AC 7 (-1 moonlight, +1 high ground, -2 range)
Cross vs W2 [1d20] = 20, [1d3] = 2,
Hit! Possible Crit!
Cross vs W2 crit conf, additional dmg[1d20] = 18, [1d3] = 1
Crit confirmed!
Gar does 3 damage!
W2 is Hurt Critically!

Merrick guards the door.

Pyros runs 45 ft southwest.
[Movement 3/6 (enc) =30 yds=90 ft: slowed (movement halved)= 45 ft]

Elsa follows Pyros, on guard.

Artanis fires his SHORTbow at W2 (entangled)
Thac0 18 vs AC 7 (-1 lighting, -4 Lethargic, +1 high ground):
[1d20+1] = 1+1 = 2
Miss, possible fumble!
Art fumble conf [1d20] = 4
Fumble confirmed!
His bow flies backwards onto the roof!

Jerry fires a sling bullet at W2 (-1 moonlight, entangled).
Thac0 20 VS AC7 (-1)
Jerry sling b vs W2 [1d20] = 13, [1d4+1] = 2+1 = 3
Miss! (Barely)

Mira fires her light crossbow at W2 (-1 moonlight, entangled, +1 high ground)
Thac0 19 vs AC 7
[1d20] = 16, hit!
Mira lt x-bow dmg [1d8] = 8 damage
W2 Dies!

[Combat Ends]


Attachments:
tmp_18050-_20170301_192904336678061.JPG
tmp_18050-_20170301_192904336678061.JPG [ 119.29 KiB | Viewed 852 times ]
Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Out of Harmony" (Game Thread)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:45 pm 
Offline
Marquis
Marquis

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 4742
Jerry makes a note of roughly where things are so that she can look for her bullets in the morning and then asks, "Well, are we going after the wolfman? Or is that it?"


Last edited by Chris1234 on Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Out of Harmony" (Game Thread)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:18 am 
Offline
Viscount
Viscount
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 3470
Not having an actual death wish like most think Kender do, Pyros won't go past the barn knowing that he would easily be rended by the wolfman thing.

"I wonder where he went...


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Out of Harmony" (Game Thread)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:08 am 
Offline
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:00 am
Posts: 9751
Location:
United Kingdom
"Dammit!" Mira screams under her breath. "Artanis are you ok?" She asks collecting her sword, "Nice spell. I have an idea, we can't do this alone, we need help from the other farmers. If they saw what we faced.. they might see the problem."

"Plus that fall must have hurt." She clutches her wound trying to stem the blood flow. "He will be injured, seriously. No one can heal that quickly. Can you track him?"

_________________
"Doors and corners, kid. That's where they get you." Joe Miller.

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard
Borderlands - Angel Half Elf Fighter
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger
Waterdeep 5.0 - Calarina Lock Human Cleric


Top
  Profile 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 825 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55  Next

Advanced search


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group