Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:44 pm

Advanced search




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Artanis Auir (Kerap)- Private Thread
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:12 pm 
Offline
Emperor
Emperor
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 8564
Location:
somewhere in the aether
[OOC: <Insert evil offscreen laugh here> :bat: ]

The shadoweir follows his ally into the mists, in search of the beast they hunt... Unseen by either, a small eddy in the fog beside reveals the presence of bones... those once belonging to a young girl, others belonging to young men... a pale light glows from the wall of fog and reaches out tendrils of effervescent mist towards them...

In the clammy cold of the mist Artanis can hardly see. The thick obfuscation swirls about his limbs as he moves silently but for the sound of his breathing. He can neither see nor hear his companion, and a bout of vertigo threatens to unbalance him. Proceeding as cautiously as he is able, given the circumstances, the half-elf moves on. Soft noises echo around him, like the sounds of practiced stalkers slipping almost unheard through the forest. They move with him, around him, in unison and with purpose... He stops but nothing ill occurs, no attack or word from the invisible stalkers... they do not hunt me... he does not know how, but there is a certainty to the thought. Onward a little and the grey clears a bit. He sees Erodh, and nearly speaks but his words freeze in his throat... it is Erodh... but as he was years past... when...

The haunting scene plays out before him again, the attack, the killing... the girl... The young man Erodh slays cares nothing for himself, but strives with his dying breath to reach the girl... eyes burning with vengeful hatred bore into the young man with the sword through her middle... into him... As suddenly as it came the vision departs, a wave of white-grey rolling over it... Desperately he tries to distance himself from it... the ground tilts uphill, and his head breaks through the dense mist... The sudden light is almost blinding in its brightness. A blanket of mist stretches out behind him through the trees making the area look like some flooded lake of watery air. Searching for signs of danger or allies an unsettling feeling creeps in... this was not the wood of the lady... there was no way he had traveled long enough to leave it... but he was surely no longer there...


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Artanis Auir (Kerap)- Private Thread
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:14 pm 
Offline
Merchant
Merchant
User avatar

Joined:
Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:03 pm
Posts: 497
Location:
Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
OOC: He should have grabbed one of the bones that belonged to the girl, find a high level cleric and pay him to cast Resurrection on her. That would end the nightmares. :roll:

Artanis Auir

Artanis stops. He looks around mutely and very much dumbfounded, still sweating and breathing rapidly from the visions. Hold on fellow. Panic is the enemy at the moment; remember your training. What was that method called again? Ah yes, S.T.O.P. - Stay calm. Think. Observe. Plan. Now smart guy, put that into practice. Breathe. Yes, several deep breaths. Good idea. Of course - that's it - let the fresh air calm your nerves a bit. Put the weapons away - yes - put the weapons in their scabbards. But why? Because you're still too much on edge to be walking around with swords drawn. Good idea after all. Wait! Why am I arguing with myself and losing? Now think, but not so much to make your head hurt. Maybe you're dreaming? That's it! I'm dreaming. Well, at least I'm not walking around naked in my dream. The locals will be thankful for that. But...what if you're not dreaming? Oh sure, bring that up! Well, if I'm not dreaming then move to the next step - observe.

Artanis looks around at his surroundings - a long, good look around. Are there any trails? Roads? Houses? Farms? Shops? Rivers or streams? Smoke from chimneys or camp fires?

His thoughts continue. Try to get your bearings - which way is North? Okay I'll do that after I'm done looking around. Well be quick about it! Don't rush me! And WHY am I still arguing with myself? Because you don't have a girlfriend to argue with. Sigh.

Game Mechanics: Direction Sense 14. Roll: [1d20] = 15

_________________
Current Games & Characters:
Demiplane of Dread: Artanis Auir
Rashtan:Glinel Rinelendrieth, Frankie Waldon
The Fall: Bruno Dodd, The Iron Sheik, Denise Dodd, Ald, Dannii Dodd


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Artanis Auir (Kerap)- Private Thread
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:07 pm 
Offline
Emperor
Emperor
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 8564
Location:
somewhere in the aether
[Ooc: Hah! Someone's taken a hunter safety course...
The 'locals will be thankful' bit was hilarious :D]

Artanis' mind reels from the sudden break into sight... and then at the sights themselves... Several things were just plain wrong... he knew for dead certain he was no longer in the lady's wood... even her divine presence, like a warm sun at ones back, felt dimmer here... almost as if the sun were obfuscated by clouds... thay was ny far more unsettling than the wood itself.

He appeared to be in a small clearing, climbing a low hill. The forest around him stood thick, thicker even than that of the tanglewood... What's more, the place felt like late winter. The wind howled through pines and firs, but the oak and hickory were leafless and no spring buds had come forth... it made no sense... it had been early summer this morning... hadn't it? Checking for the sun, Artanis finds it is practically noon... no help there... He checks the trees and plants for any substantial sign, but either he is too addled or there isn't enough evidence about. From what he can tell, North is straight ahead...

Then he sees something bright red dotting the edges of a shrub. His mind goes first to holly berries, but a closer look stops him cold. The small evergreen branches are wet... with blood...


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Artanis Auir (Kerap)- Private Thread
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:31 am 
Offline
Merchant
Merchant
User avatar

Joined:
Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:03 pm
Posts: 497
Location:
Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
OOC: I used to be an Assistant Scout Master and the S.T.O.P. method was used for teaching them what to do if they got lost. And yes, they teach the same thing in the Hunter Safety courses now. So apparently Artanis was a Boy Scout. :D
Artanis' mind is reeling so much right now, that this conversation he's having with himself is a defense mechanism - he's trying to calm himself - and maybe not go insane.

Artanis Auir

A trail of blood. This dream is certainly action packed. Perhaps you should follow the trail of blood? You know, this dream would be better if I were in Calimshan as a Sultan in the midst of a large harem. Not even in your dreams, pal. Sigh. Ok. How about a night out with Brittany, that new recruit? That can only be possible if you actually stop having cold feet and ask her out on a date! You're right. I just have to get over that fear and just ask her out. But until then, I have to get through this dream. I hope this isn't one of those dreams where you fall off of a cliff. Maybe I'll find Brittany in this dream - we'll meet, fall in love, get married and live happily ever after!

Artanis tries to pick up and follow the trail of blood. Confident that he eventually will have to wake up.

OOC: I just realized the interesting role playing possibilities if I have him continue believing he's dreaming. Fear in dreams is very real, so that aspect is covered. Hmmm. I must think on this.

_________________
Current Games & Characters:
Demiplane of Dread: Artanis Auir
Rashtan:Glinel Rinelendrieth, Frankie Waldon
The Fall: Bruno Dodd, The Iron Sheik, Denise Dodd, Ald, Dannii Dodd


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Artanis Auir (Kerap)- Private Thread
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:49 am 
Offline
Emperor
Emperor
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 8564
Location:
somewhere in the aether
[OOC: Don’t worry about insanity, there are always Madness checks down the line :D j/k… or AM I…?
Ok, I’ll stop… or WILL I…? Right, done now… *cough*]

The half-elf decides that a dream is the most likely scenario, and begins daydreaming about what sort he would like the most… Though how he fell asleep in the middle of the misty woodlands he isn’t sure… sometimes faeries and the like played tricks, but not usually on followers of The Lady… especially when pursuing their duty… Still, with little else to do, he follows the trail of blood. It isn’t terribly difficult, and he moves through the tangled wood with a cautious alacrity.

Eventually he comes across a patch where it seems the bleeding thing paused for a moment… perhaps hiding… or stalking. A small break in the brush ahead suggests the former. Feeling the blood with his fingertips it isn’t quite gummy enough to have been left long… small bits of mist-grey fur hang on the broken shrubs before him around the break…


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Artanis Auir (Kerap)- Private Thread
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:57 am 
Offline
Merchant
Merchant
User avatar

Joined:
Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:03 pm
Posts: 497
Location:
Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
OOC: It wouldn't be Ravenloft without the Fear/Horror/Madness checks. In mltillis' Ravenloft game on Fairburne, my female cleric, Tonya (cowardly, jittery, scared and has an irrational fear of monkeys) failed her fear check when several undead apes appeared. That was so fun having her run away screaming and wildly flailing her arms - her best friend chasing after her. Tonya is the party "scream queen" now. I have more fun with failed rolls.

Artanis Auir

With the trail of blood still fresh, Artanis, dreaming or not, draws his weapons and then continues to follow the trail.

(Is the trail leading back into the woods, out of the woods or sort of skirting the edge?)

_________________
Current Games & Characters:
Demiplane of Dread: Artanis Auir
Rashtan:Glinel Rinelendrieth, Frankie Waldon
The Fall: Bruno Dodd, The Iron Sheik, Denise Dodd, Ald, Dannii Dodd


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Artanis Auir (Kerap)- Private Thread
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:52 am 
Offline
Emperor
Emperor
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 8564
Location:
somewhere in the aether
[OOC: I typed the whole thing out, saved it and copied over it with the wrong version…
I’ve always felt failed rolls were more fun, no matter which side of the table you are on :D I don’t often force fear checks, trusting the player to conduct their character appropriately, unless the check is specified in the encounter. Horror checks, less rare, are usually rolled for but the player typically chooses the result of a filed check and does the RP. The pass/failure and results for Madness, rarest of all, are rolled for but the player gets to RP the new affliction.]


Drawing his weapons, Artanis moves cautiously through the break in the trail ahead. His heart leaps into his throat when he sees a blur of light-grey ahead, but his breathing calms a little when he realizes it is not moving. The mound of fur is matted with blood, and it appears to be the same creature he had encountered earlier. Watching the side for a long moment he determines, to his great relief, it is no longer breathing.

The thing lies in-line with a much wider trail, though the horse-sized wolf takes up more than half of its width. The new path runs fairly straight, but slight bends to either side prevent Artanis from seeing any end to the forest around him… A long, low howl rolls over the area, and the half-elf’s pulse spikes again. Franticly he casts his eyes about, but soon recognizes the sound for something else. A strong wind whistles through the pines making the eerie call, and a shiver runs through him in the cool breeze.


[OOC: The trail of blood follows a game trail, so it meanders back and forth a bit. It curves near the larger trail but doesn’t cross, except where the fresh break in the brush was. The new path is a little more than 5’ wide, and runs in a mostly straight line almost perpendicular to the original ‘trail’ direction which bent to parallel it somewhat… if any of that makes sense. It is impossible to see the edge of the wood from here. It is about 50 degrees F out, and the wind makes it several degrees cooler.]


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Artanis Auir (Kerap)- Private Thread
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:59 pm 
Offline
Merchant
Merchant
User avatar

Joined:
Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:03 pm
Posts: 497
Location:
Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
OOC: The uber gamers and cheaters miss out on so much of the role playing fun.

Artanis Auir
Artanis nearly jumps out of his skin when he first saw the wolf - once satisfied it is dead, he leans his back against a tree and takes a few deep breaths, while feeling his heart pounding in his chest.

When he had finally calmed down, the wind howled in the trees above, and the process started all over again. He pauses to take a sip of water and break off a piece of bread - too nervous to eat and too nervous not to eat. While taking a few bites of his rations, he looks more closely at the creature - Maybe I should take some of the teeth - the teeth are like daggers. What did it finally die of?

Then he freezes - What if whatever killed it is still nearby? His heart and breathing begins to race as he puts his rations away, and commences following the trail.

_________________
Current Games & Characters:
Demiplane of Dread: Artanis Auir
Rashtan:Glinel Rinelendrieth, Frankie Waldon
The Fall: Bruno Dodd, The Iron Sheik, Denise Dodd, Ald, Dannii Dodd


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Artanis Auir (Kerap)- Private Thread
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:27 pm 
Offline
Emperor
Emperor
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 8564
Location:
somewhere in the aether
[OOC: I know, right? Munchkins are just people who never give themselves the chance to grow as gamers.]

Relief washes over him at the baleful canine's demise... until the suspicious nature of the monster's death moves to the forefront of his mind... Quickly examining the body, with care, he discovers it has additional wounds to the cuts he and Erodh inflicted. The new wounds appear to have been made by another animal... these, however, seem much more normal than those the beast itself inflicted. The teeth, while they are the the size of daggers, are less sharp and appear to be normal... for their size... Artanis moves to inspect the marks, the slowly stiffening body gives off a waning warmth that causes him some pause. Fortifying his resolve, he determines they have been made by a creature nearly as large with four parallel claws... There are also a set of bite marks on the sides of the neck and behind. Whatever killed it, the telling blow was a devastating bite from a creature a similar sized head but a shorter snout... Looking around the area, the marks are too chaotic to determine much of anything.


[Artanis animal lore check [1d20] = 3: Pass. Artanis recognizes something about the animal marks on the wolf.
Artanis Tracking check [1d20] = 16: Artanis cannot identify the tracks around the scene.]


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Artanis Auir (Kerap)- Private Thread
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:47 am 
Offline
Merchant
Merchant
User avatar

Joined:
Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:03 pm
Posts: 497
Location:
Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
OOC: Back in my college days (early 80's) I was in a gaming club and one Saturday some HS students came. They were munchkins to the max. 1st Edition and they had characters 25th-30th level and nearly every magic item in the DMG. As DM, I started them in a modified version of Module D1 "Descent into the Depths". I annihilated all of them in the first encounter with a mid-level (5th) drow patrol. All because they had didn't know how to cast Continual Light or Slow Poison, as the Drow hit them with Continual Darkness and poisoned crossbow bolts. I can always hope they learned to play the game correctly after that experience. It's way more fun that way.

Artanis Auir

The realization that something the same size or larger than this large wolf something is quite unsettling and unnerving to Artanis, who has been a bit jumpy this whole day. But standing still and waiting to be ambushed is not an option. Better to be moving and be ambushed! He manages a small chuckle at his "logic". Taking a deep breath, and summoning resolute determination, he starts forward on the trail. I does not know where I'm going, but I'm going forward. It sounded good in his head, but the small beads of perspiration reveal the nervousness he actually felt.

_________________
Current Games & Characters:
Demiplane of Dread: Artanis Auir
Rashtan:Glinel Rinelendrieth, Frankie Waldon
The Fall: Bruno Dodd, The Iron Sheik, Denise Dodd, Ald, Dannii Dodd


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Artanis Auir (Kerap)- Private Thread
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:27 am 
Offline
Emperor
Emperor
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 8564
Location:
somewhere in the aether
[OOC: That’s hilarious! It’s the only way they’ll learn :D I had a gaming group in college, and they heard I had DM’d before so asked me to do it. Our first game, first encounter I was trying to teach them the value of avoiding things they very obviously shouldn’t be able to handle. They stumble through the woods upon a Grizzly bear eating a dead animal. The Dwarven fighter (AC 21 so he was ballsy, it was 3.5) says he wants to attack it. I made sure he understood it was eating, not attacking and basically ignoring them if they went away. He does a called shot for its nose, with all the other players saying the nose was like 10,000 time more sensitive than ours and it’d be like getting hit in the nuts times a million (I explained that was scent not pain receptors but whatever). Needless to say the dwarf died. Bear hit twice (second was a crit), he flew into a tree and hit the ground. The rest of the party left. They didn’t even try to heal him. I offered him a ‘copy’ of the dwarf, but he declined. His second char was a Halfling thief. After the kobo cave they were headed to was dealt with, the grizzly returns. His Halfling does a called shot for the nose again… but this time with flaming oil! Crit. Bear’s face/fur is on fire, entire party opened up on it and they won the encounter :D]

With little else to do but trek onward, Artanis chooses a direction along the path at random. Keeping his keen senses alert to the sounds of the forest he walks for perhaps a half hour before there is a break in the woods.

Wide, cleared pastureland dotted with wooly sheep spreads out before a small town as he peers past the trees. A few shepherds and their dogs tend the ovines with care some distance from the forest, a prudent measure. A 20’ wide moat and 15’ high stone wall with towers here and there guarding it to the south. Steep red cliffs abut the community to the East, forming a formidable defense against man or beast. A swift and powerful river borders it to the north, rushing down out of the mountains to flow westward. It was about as well-protected as a city could be in this type of landscape. Though he was often not comfortable in civilization, the thought of remaining in an unfamiliar tanglewood full of massive beasts was less appealing. Gates stood in the western and southern sections of the wall, with huge drawbridges meant for crossing but that currently remained closed.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Artanis Auir (Kerap)- Private Thread
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:09 pm 
Offline
Merchant
Merchant
User avatar

Joined:
Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:03 pm
Posts: 497
Location:
Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
OOC: THAT was funny!

Artanis Auir

A closed city to the front and a terrifying woods behind. Might as well go take a look around the perimeter of the town. Maybe even refill the wineskin in the river - if the water looks pure enough. Keep an eye out for when the drawbridge opens to allow entrance.

Artanis sheathes his weapons and commences the trek towards the town. He'll try to get onto the main road if possible. He keeps his eyes open for guards - not to avoid them but to check in and to find out where he is. It sounds cliche' but he's really trying to look non-threatening and casual. Being out of the mist and the woods is a measure of relief. His mind wanders as he walks, trying to process what has happened this day - although his thoughts seem to return to how he'll ask Miss Brittany out on a date.

OOC: Before I joined the game, I read some of the main game thread, and saw the "language barrier". I know that, but Artanis doesn't know that. Should be fun.

_________________
Current Games & Characters:
Demiplane of Dread: Artanis Auir
Rashtan:Glinel Rinelendrieth, Frankie Waldon
The Fall: Bruno Dodd, The Iron Sheik, Denise Dodd, Ald, Dannii Dodd


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Artanis Auir (Kerap)- Private Thread
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:38 pm 
Offline
Emperor
Emperor
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 8564
Location:
somewhere in the aether
[Ooc: "Teachable moments" like that are my favorite... that and the first failed ability score check when someone tries something ridiculous because they think being an elf=being a god...]

The only road visible is a simple farmer's road leading straight to the south gate, the opposite direction from the river. The West gate, while near the river, only opens into pastureland. Edging around the herds and heading north to the river, he soon finds it is a deep, rapid flow of clear water from the mountains in the distance Eastward. A quick taste tells him it is pure. A shift in the wind carries the stench of fetid water, which he soon discovers is coming from the moat around the wall. The drawbridges remain closed, and nobody has approached either in the time it has taken him to test the water. A closer look at the wall near the gate shows glimmers of metal at intervals... likely mail-clad guards or some such...


[Ooc: It took about 15 mins to walk to the river following the edge of the pasture. It might take 10 mins to reach the West gate or 25 to make it to the South gate. Oh yeah, check out the outside areas of Harmonia on the map in the Acquired Party Knowledge thread. You'll have to find a way within the walls for the rest first.]


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Artanis Auir (Kerap)- Private Thread
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:57 am 
Offline
Merchant
Merchant
User avatar

Joined:
Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:03 pm
Posts: 497
Location:
Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
OOC: Hope you had a nice, enjoyable Christmas holiday. Ours was pleasant and relaxing.

Artanis Auir

Artanis pauses to empty out the old water in his wineskin and to refill it with the fresh, mountain water. He takes a big drink and fills it back up again. As he enjoys the cool, pure mountain water he takes in the surroundings - noting the town, the wall, the road and gates - making some mental notes of such. The practical side of him finally gives way to the realization that he has absolutely no idea where he is. The panic rises in him, but the soothing sounds of the river flowing beside him force the panic back to the recesses of his mind. He commences to mentally discuss options with himself. Well? Yeah, yeah. What am I going to do next? That would be prudent to develop a course of action. They way I see it, there are two options available. I can find a nice spot by the river here and go fishing. Or I can approach the West gate there and see if they will let me in. The choice seems obvious to me. Approach the gate and announce yourself. Good idea. Actually, I was more inclined to the fishing option. WHAT!?! Fishing at a time like this? Why? Well...if I'm still dreaming, I'm bound to catch lots of nice, big fish. You have to admit it, I'm right. Sigh. But you have a problem - you didn't bring any of your fishing gear. Rats. You're right. Sigh. Another lost opportunity. To the West Gate it is then.

Artanis brushes himself off, looks longingly at the lost opportunity to go fishing and then makes his way towards the West Gate. His weapons are sheathed as he commences his trek to the West Gate.

_________________
Current Games & Characters:
Demiplane of Dread: Artanis Auir
Rashtan:Glinel Rinelendrieth, Frankie Waldon
The Fall: Bruno Dodd, The Iron Sheik, Denise Dodd, Ald, Dannii Dodd


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Artanis Auir (Kerap)- Private Thread
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:10 pm 
Offline
Emperor
Emperor
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 8564
Location:
somewhere in the aether
[OOC: Thanks :) I'm glad to hear that yours was nice. We had torrential record rain-fall, but aside from that it was good ;) ]

Artanis empties and refills his wineskin, tasting the fresh, cold water; pure as new-fallen snow. Topping the skin off again, he surveys the area more closely. The northern side of the river away from him is bordered by high red cliffs that descend to the East towards a road leading into the village to the north. He spots a few travelers and tall guard-towers overlooking the route. A head-gate caps the end of the moat where it meets the river, lined with filthy metal spikes. The west gate nearest him seems to be mainly for livestock traffic, and the humble farmer's road to the south doesn't seem to get much traffic at all... The wall itself is 15' high and of pale stone, dotted with taller guard-towers here and there. Unless he tries to swim against the rapid current of the deep river, the gates seem to be the only way inside... The village itself cannot be seen beyond the wall, but a small island in the river East of the edge of the wall looks to have a guard-house, though it seems inaccessible from anywhere he can see.

Nothing about the village, the wall or the area around him is familiar. A nervous panic begins to rise within him at the confirmation. Going back and forth silently with himself, he determines approaching the West gate to be the best course of action since his fishing gear is not at hand. As he draws nearer, he can see that the metallic reflections are indeed mailed-figures. The stench of the moat is much stronger here, and the edges are lined with wooden spikes like the festering maw of some infected beast. While the head-gate is open at water-level to allow flow, the river flows swiftly by it making hardly any difference. Bits of trash and dead leaves float on the stagnant liquid, occasionally a small swirl or eddy moving them about... though there is no flow he can see...

As he approaches the packed ground where the bridge must lower to, a voice calls to him from atop the wall. Qui va là? Identifiez-vous et votre but. The foreign nature of the words shock him a little bit, and are unlike anything he knows... though the musical nature of it is somewhat akin to Elven...


[OOC: The language is Harmonian, and being able to speak elven gives you a base 5% chance to understand the gist of any phrase or conversation. Spending a day where half the conversation around you is in Harmonian will add 1%/day to your total. You can always try other languages you know...

I love the internal struggle bit.. did I mention you can intentionally fail checks and saves when they come up? you know, like madness? I might even let you pick your own disorder if it comes to that... hmm... multiclasser with multiple personalities... would one be a ranger and the other a druid? hehehe]


Top
  Profile 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next

Advanced search


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group