Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:00 pm

Advanced search

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Artanis Auir (Kerap)- Private Thread
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:35 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

3 down ;)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:33 pm 
Merchant
Merchant

OOC: With my on-line time being so compressed the past week, I "sent Artanis to his room to think about what he did". :D

Artanis relaxes in his room and has his devotions. Constantly being around people was stressful, and being stuck in town simply made matters worse. It was nice to get into the woods some today that's for certain. He carefully goes over his gear and equipment, making sure blades were sharp, leathers oiled, and any tears in the tunics and/or trousers repaired.

He lays back on the bed as the afternoon shadows grow longer and catches a "combat" nap.

The Fall: Bruno Dodd, The Iron Sheik, Denise Dodd, Ald, Dannii Dodd

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:56 am 
Emperor
Emperor

With his gear tended and his mind calmed, Artanis lays back to rest. At first it is peaceful enough, and his body begins to feel the weight of sleep roll on. His mind wanders aimlessly and in odd directions unbidden. Slowly a pale glow encompasses his closed window, filtering in oddly through the tightly latched shutters. It seems to ebb and flow like something moving beyond...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:32 pm 
Merchant
Merchant

He quietly reaches for his magical sword and slides off the side of the bed. Where he remains standing and silently watches and listens.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:38 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

It could be moonlight... the shifting clouds responsible for the movement, but something just felt... wrong. The shutters clacked against the window frame, pressed from the outside. The light intensified, bleeding between the slats and filling the room with harsh bluish light. The shutters began to rattle, shaking furiously with some unseen force, causing an almost deafening racket. With a crack the latch gave way and the wooden louvers exploded outward into the night. Like drifting gossamer, the ethereal figure hung rippling in the cold night air. Long hair shielded the face, floating as if submerged. The garb seemed oddly familiar...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:03 pm 
Merchant
Merchant

OOC: I am just begging to respond with with:

Ebenezer: Who are you?
Jacob Marley: Ask me who I was.
Ebenezer: All right, all right, who WERE you then?
Jacob Marley: In life, I was your partner, Jacob Marley.

Artanis is somewhat startled to be face to face with an apparition, floating outside of his window. Being a sober fellow he can't blame it on strong drink. The ranger is more fascinated that frightened, which may be the cause of much distress to him in the immediate future. He studies the apparition for several moments trying to jog any memory he may have as to why the garb seems familiar. Then he remarks: "Well, I suppose if you wanted to kill me you would have done that already. Can you speak? And seeing that you already destroyed the shutters, I don't suppose the glass window prevents you from entering. Who are you?"

OOC: My schedule has become a bit crazy lately. And with this week being Thanksgiving, we'll be on the road - access will be sporadic.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:19 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

[Ooc: "There's more of gravy than of Grave about you!" My favorite line from when he's speaking to the gost of Christmas Present, convinced it's from eating too close to bedtime :lol: Best. Line. Ever.
No worries about the other stuff, holidays are nuts for everyone.]

Wordlessly the figure drifts unhindered through the panes, the long hair drifting away from the face...
Her face...

Artanis lunged for the nearest human, his youth and anger fueling his strike, he would fell this man in one swing! And then she turned… an unarmed girl. The frightened shock in her eyes froze his blood as he stood there stunned, his sword still thrust through her chest...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:25 pm 
Merchant
Merchant

OOC: Yes, that is an awesome line in the movie.

Artanis' confidence is shattered in an instant as he sees the spectre before him. A torrent of horrific and painful memories wash over him. But the worst emotion is guilt. He sits down on the side of the bed and puts his head in his hands. He doesn't cry, but softly speaks to the spectre: "The memory of your last moments of life haunt me day and night. I know that it means nothing to you, but I must state that I am truly and deeply sorry and repentant for my actions. If it were within my power to do so, I would trade places with you." He looks up to watch the spectre before him.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:06 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

The preternatural clothing whips about like a leaf in thunderstorm, completely at odds with the calm countenance of the girl as she floats gently down. Her expressionless countenance provides no clue to her intent, even had the ranger been possessed of a will to gaze upon her in that moment. His head lifts just in time to see her extended translucent fingers settle almost tenderly on his forehead. A shock of ice floods through his core, colder than any plunge young men take in frozen winter lakes. His muscles siezed, and for a moment his body and soul were helpless before the fluttering figure of vengeance. A quickening echo of otherworldly sound washed over his mind, ringing through him like vibration through a bell... He comes.

Like a pricked bubble dancing on the surface of a swirling brook the figure vanished, casting off motes of faint blue light. A moment later his heart began to beat again, but before the organ could pulse a second time... A tortured scream shattered the night air; too beastly to belong to a man, too human to be one of the creatures... more like a person whose mind had borne a horror so keenly it ripped all vestige of humanity from him, perforce.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:31 am 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

"Hello, Artanis?" Mira's voice calls softly. "Hello?" Her voice raises slightly, a slight tremble is present as she calls out again.

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:08 am 
Merchant
Merchant

Artanis struggles in about every way a person can struggle, and all in the span of a few minutes. Emotionally, spiritually, physically, mentally - it all struck him at the same time. Dang, that was cold! He thinks to himself, if in fact he was thinking at all. Just as his thoughts become coherent again, there comes a rapping on his chamber door. Has she gone from ripping shutters and floating through closed windows to knocking on doors now? No, there was a voice this time. A familiar voice, that is almost melodic. Mira - the bard! Was it time for the show already?

He haltingly stands and moves over to the door and opens it, his countenance appearing as if one had just seen a ghost and he is covered in a cold sweat.

"Miss Mira. Is it time for the show already? Gads, as if the werewolves were not enough in this place, I now have to deal with ghosts."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:38 am 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

"You heard it too? I hope.. " Mira speaks quietly, standing there in a loose cotton nightdress that covers her shoulders and almost reaches her ankles. The chill is evident on her body as she stands her hands at her sides, a look of worry on her pretty face..

"The show?? It finished a while back, are you alright? Ghosts? You saw Ghosts?" Her voice drops to a whisper, a shiver running through her whole body as she forces herself to look at him.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:02 pm 
Merchant
Merchant

Artanis motions for Mira to get out of the cold - modestly averting his eyes and keeping the door open. "Aye. I heard it, and saw an apparition that may or may not have been the source of the scream. She came right through the window, although for some reason she felt it necessary to rip open the shutters first. You may take a look out the window if you want. Wait. The show is OVER?!?"

He puts his hand to his forehead, unconsciously trying to remove the chill - the mental chill that may never go away. "Gads, how long was I out then? Sigh. No matter now. Oddly enough, I recognized the ghost - from my past."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:20 pm 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

"Thank you." She stepping inside she eyes the window fighting another shiver, he whole body shakes violently as she extends her senses for a moment, something definately came through here..

"Yes its over, I was quite good, I'm actually sad you missed it." Leaning against the wall she speaks deliberately her eyes fixed on him. "Do you want to talk?"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:46 pm 
Merchant
Merchant

Without thinking about it, Artanis hands Mira a blanket to help her ward off the cold. He's not really focused yet - it's as if he were in the real and spiritual realms at the same time. He softly paces the room - but he does so by retracing her path. Whether he is speaking to Mira or himself, it is not certain.

"She came through the window - stood right here. It's been all these years since I saw her face - yet I see it clear as a painting every day in my mind. The look of horror when...but why didn't she kill me now? And what did she mean by, 'He comes'? He rubs his forehead again, trying to make the chill go away.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Advanced search