Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:56 pm

Advanced search

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 481 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mira Rhelarwen (Jenara)- Private Thread
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 1:42 pm 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Standing with confidence Mira heads over to the woman's table, pausing only to remove the crossbow and Lute that rest on her back.

"May I join you?" She asks in Harmoinan, "I'm Mira, I'm telling you that because you obviously want to meet me." She grins, offering a hand. "I'm the Entertainment."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard
Borderlands - Angel Half Elf Fighter
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger
Waterdeep 5.0 - Calarina Lock Human Cleric

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 5:09 pm 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

The woman's face remains stoic, but she shrugs as if it is of no matter whether the bard stays or goes. When Mira offers her name and her hand, the woman hesitates briefly. Adrastia. Shaking, Mira can feel that the woman has well-calloused hands and a powerful grip, though she is intentionally not being overly forceful.

The woman scoffs quietly at the comment that she 'obviously wants to meet Mira'. Entertainers... she mutters with a wry cast to her lips. Your group would draw the eyes of a blind drunkard in a fog. She says, perhaps intending for that to be the end of things.

She watches Mira's face for a long moment, then continues. You've chosen a very specific... costume. She says flatly. One that has real meaning to some.

Adrastia takes a drink from her mug, seemingly unconcerned but the bard gets the sense that even now she is not off-guard.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 1:21 am 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

"And this is where you are going to tell me I am offending your heritage, or the like..?" Mira offers with a shrug, "I'm just a singer, a traveller, not perhaps the type of traveller you are used to, but a traveller none the less." She explains, wondering why she was revealing this much infomation, the woman was restraining herself, thus perhaps her intentions were at least honourable.

"Yes we are not from around here, some of us have come a long way. Adrastia?" She asks placing the quarrel of bolts on the seat next to her. "We mean no harm to anyone who means no harm to us, I hope you understand. I'm here to sing and to play. When I arrived in Harmoina I met some... travellers from here, and they helped me."

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 5:35 am 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Your pretending is not offensive… per se. But it is problematic. To any true Vistani it is akin to a child playing soldier. The problem is that the people of towns don't know any better. They think you represent the traveling folk. What you say, what you do; it reflects on the Vistani. she pauses to let that thought settle. And many people have little love for the traveling folk. You invite danger and attention upon yourself.

She smirks a little at the remark that they are not from here. Clearly. I suppose you thought this was a way to ‘blend in’. She shakes her head ruefully, eyeing the Vistani shawl. It is clear that you speak the truth. That is the shawl of a young woman, given as she comes of age. Only a Raunie would gift such a thing to an outsider. There is the barest hint of… something indefinable in the woman’s voice. It is none of my business if you want to play pretend, she mutters, taking another pull from her ale, but you should understand the weight of what you do.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 8:53 am 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

"You arent the first to warn me. Don't you worry.. thats the difference between here and there that I am having trouble adjusting to. There a Performer is much like a child playing, you put on an act, a show, it doesn't have to be 'you' here.. Its life or death." She lets that word sink in, while watching her reaction. "Savage Beasts and all that."

"I've received mixed reactions, those who love the music, for the music, and those who fear I am going to steal all the young boys and take them to 'my' people. Or those who believed I entered Town on the back of a Wolf. You are being upfront with me, I am doing the same in return. Yeah a Raunie gave me the shawl, she guided me when I first arrived and for good or Ill she lead me on this path." Leaning in a little closer she purses her lips for a moment. "The Travelling Folk cross the Mists do they not? Well so did I."

"See, this is the guidance I lack, I'm just a performer, I could do with advice like this. I bet you can use that blade too.. I can honestly say I've never seen one like it." Pausing once more she offers her hand again, this time warmer. "There is something about you, performers can judge people you know? The sort of person someone is. And my judgement says you are ok."

"Ok, I'm Mira, recently of Palathalas, and more recently of Harmonia, come and join us? None of us really fit in. Lets all not fit in together." Grinning she stops. "Or have I overstepped the mark and you are going to stick me with that blade the first chance you get?"

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 11:12 am 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

An act. She muses, And do you pass this 'act' as your true self when off-stage? She asks rhetorically. Do you allow others to see your shawl when you walk the street and never dissuade them from drawing the obvious conclusion? Do you play music reminiscent of the gypsy strains and make no effort to infer you are not of the blood? Each word is evenly measured and her tone remains conversational. Perhaps that is why those rumors linger.

She nods, If a Raunie gave you the shawl, you have a right to it; so long as you understand you are not from The Blood. But, The Folk Navigate through the mist. she says firmly. All others stumble blind or are taken by the whims of the Powers.. She looks Mira over, as well as the rest of the group. You were Taken. All of you... except maybe the dark-haired one. He might be local, he has the eyes. The silver haired elf has the eyes, but no pure elf from Sithicus has the violet hued iris.

She turns back to Mira and gives the bard a crooked smile, Entertainers, she mutters amusedly. If i were going to stab you, it would already have happened... I think perhaps I am beginning to like you, Red. She shakes Mira's hand firmly yet with a graceful agility. It is clear that Adrastia is strong, enduring and graceful.

The dusky-hued woman hesitates only briefly, I am Adrastia. I was born to the Seer of an Equaarian tribe that no longer walks. Watching the bard a moment, she realizes Mira must have no idea what that means. Hmm... Your stay with the Vistani must have been short indeed... No matter. If you insist on wearing your shawl there are things it would benefit you to know. There are three 'Nations' of Vistani called Tasques: The Kaldresh, The Boem, and the Manusa. She raises a finger to count each.

The Kaldresh are the 'Providers of Service'; it is from them the Equaarian tribe comes. The Boem are 'The Entertainers'. That shawl you wear is of the Boem Nation and probably the Naiat tribe; the Corvara would not have made such a gift unless it benefit them. She leans closer and looks at Mira seriously, If any of The Blood ask you, say you are a Giogoto of the Naiat Tribe of the Boem people. Giogoto means 'trusted friend'. It may be your only defense if a Vistani wishes you ill.

Adrastia leans back and continues. The Boem are the ones responsible for the things that spawn most rumors in towns. They are the most emotional and free-spirited of the nations. Some of them weave magic through music. They are perfect for you. Her mouth curls into a small smile at the friendly jest. The last tribe, The Manusa; are the 'Workers of the Arcane.' They are aloof and reclusive, spiteful and willful. They are the rarest, and I doubt you will ever meet one. She blinks, as if surprised. I had not intended to say all of that. Those things are not common knowledge away from the wagons. It will not help you with the locals, but if you run into a True Vistani, it may save your life.

She settles back, considering Mira's invitation to join them, or perhaps how to decline. I am on a hunt. I have lost the trail for now, but once I pick it up again I must go...

=====
The rapier is very finely wrought with a wire-basket hilt to protect from disarming, also strong enough to bash a face in at need.
She has evidently high Str, Con and Dex

Boem is pronounced "bo-AIM"

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 1:41 pm 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

"Thanks for the advice. And yes perhaps I'm partly to blame. The plan was to let the act fade away and become who I am, but it's become bigger than me." Musing over the idea she considers the information on the Gypsies.

"Indeed, we all travelled here, all but Merrick." She admits. "You know it's funny, but I actually liked you the second you were honest with me.." she smirks and looks back the group.

"Hunt? I'm curious.. we hunted a few things ourselves, this place is dangerous, far dangerous than we know. I wonder if perhaps our goal is the same." Reaching into her bodice she produces the silver dagger flipping it in her palm. "The last died at my hand."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:56 pm 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Adrastia's mouth quirks into a grin, Honesty? I suppose... I am not the type to paint falsehoods. If I feel the desire to speak, I see no point in lies; otherwise I wouldn't waste my breath.

Mira reveals the dagger, and it is clear the woman understands the significance of it. Hmm... I do not hunt the undead... nor the shape-changers... at least so far as i know. The creatures I seek to scrub from this earth are far less human than the former, and perhaps moreso than the latter. They are bloated, twisted, voracious... things. an edge enters her voice at the last. They were once human... though what is commanding them could be either of the things you might use silver for.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:51 am 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

"Sadly as outsiders we stumbled across a few that disliked us." She speaks wishing she had her wine right now. "Those things, they remind me of creatures from where I come from, Dragons warped to the shape of men. Evil horrible things."

"You are honest with me, so I will be with you. I need help, they all sort of follow my lead because I ended up here before any of them. But I'm surving on a wing and a prayer as they say. The last Shape-changer I killed with magic, the first time I faced him he nearly killed me. While we are all here, and until you catch your trail once more.. will you help?" Mira blinks, trying to hide the vulnerability she just showed to this stranger.

"There is safety in numbers. Do you speak the Tongue of Sithicus? And speaking of that... My friend Pyros. He will look familiar, yet he does NOT come from that cursed place, he came from the same place as me. It seems that some of the evil ones that live there came from my world. (With Lord Soth, she thinks to herself)..."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:37 am 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Adrastia listens quietly, nodding that she indeed speaks the language of Sithicus.
The fact that your friend Pyros is here among humans is proof enough that he is not from Sithicus... or at least not so violent as they. What you say makes sense. So Sithicus was born of your homeland... interesting...

She muses over the offer for a whike then nods. Very well. Until i find the trail I will travel with your group. But, she raises a finger, I will still need to actively seek out that trail. She stands, draining the remaining ale. Let's meet the others then.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:03 am 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

"You will find Pyros... Light-fingered to say the least. I will warn him, and loudly. But he is harmless, and actually quite sweet.." she explains as they rise. "Elsa is a healer, Cross eats and he understands magic. Merrick does the same, Jerry.. I think you and Jerry will get on, she is a hunter too. Finally Artanis. He's a tracker and quite a good one. He's no Tiegan but he's good."

Offering her hand she approaches the group. "Perhaps our trails are the same, we just don't know it."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:52 pm 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Adrastia watches each in turn as they are named. A hunter? she muses, Hmm... she looks more like a scribe. What does she hunt? Mira names Artanis a tracker as well, and she nods, Indeed. He has the look of a woodsman.

Perhaps. she agrees to the final comment

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:54 pm 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

"I'm still working that out." Mira chuckles to herself.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:51 am 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Bracelet and stone
Attachment:
bracelet.jpg
bracelet.jpg [ 10.89 KiB | Viewed 334 times ]

Attachments:
stone.jpg
stone.jpg [ 7.19 KiB | Viewed 334 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:01 am 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Mira's door opens easily, she apparently didn't bother to lock it as it swings wide revealing her sitting cross legged in a small chair.

Lute laid across her lap as she strums a slow haunting tune, as she relaxes dressed in nothing but an oversized shirt which is loosely buttoned to cover her modesty, barely lifting her head to acknowledge her arrival she plays on.

"And oohhh just to be with you, is giving me the...." pausing the note by stamping her fingers against the fretboard she looks up and regards the half elf with some interest. "Jerry, whats up?" She asks adjusting the lute to cover herself a little more, almost ignoring the fact her legs are bare to her upper thighs. "Is something wrong? Its Pyros right, what did he do?"

Last edited by Chris1234 on Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 481 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

Advanced search