Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:54 am

Advanced search

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 525 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mira Rhelarwen (Jenara)- Private Thread
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:33 pm 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Glass in hand Mira heads up to the room she shares with Elsa, divulging herself of her clothes she slips back into Yasirs shirt, places her lute in her lap and sits crosslegged on the chair. Occasionally she pauses sipping the wine, before resuming her playing.

The people wanted silly and happy, stories of real people.. she would provide them.

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Getting a reputation)
Borderlands - Angel Half Elf Fighter (Fighting off Zombies)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Killing Nisserrr [Goblins])
Waterdeep 5.0 - Calarina Lock Human Cleric (Looking for work)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:21 pm 
King
King

Elsa comes up after a short while. She enters the room quietly as not to disturb the bard. She rubs Mira's back in a soothing manner and kisses the side of her head. I'm here if you need anything, okay? she says before moving to sit on her own bed. The Halfling takes out a small journal and begins writing in it with a stout pencil.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:11 pm 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

"Thanks." She replies, aware her words were less than perfect, "I.. Oh Elsa I just.. I miss him, and all this.." She droops her shoulders and begins to strum the Lute slowly..

i carry your heart with me(i carry it in
my heart)i am never without it(anywhere
i go you go,my dear;and whatever is done
by only me is your doing,my darling)
i fear
no fate(for you are my fate,my sweet)i want
no world(for beautiful you are my world,my true)
and it’s you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:45 am 
King
King

Elsa waits for the song to end, then comes over silently and gives the bard a tight hug. Kissing her cheek, she murmurs, Maybe we'll see him again, gods willing... until then, we'll watch out for each other... she says quietly.

[Ok, the main thread and show whenever you're ready]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:10 pm 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

"Maybe." She shrugs, "Right, on to happier thoughts." Returning the hug with some vigor her head raises, now was not the time for melancholy.. Suddenly she slips into a happier tune, the worry gone for now.

(I'll post tomorrow..)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:59 pm 
King
King

====
March 2nd performance at Broken Wheel

Mira, perf and rep check [1d20] = 6, [1d20] = 3
both pass

Mira earns 15 cp 9 sp in tips

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:38 am 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

And off I go without the other PCs again...

Stepping into the street once more Mira almost skips along, whistling to herself.

"Why is it that without the scary 'we will attack you at night and kill you' nature of this place it's really nice, oh and the Nightmares.. The Nightmares are killers.. truly." She sighs yet doesn't break her stride, holding Elsa's hand if she allows and heads to the Blue Bolt.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:52 am 
King
King

[Lol, no worries. But let's keep this trip to town brief-ish ;) ]

Elsa chuckles, I could certainly do with fewer run-ins fur and fangs. Even a nice cowardly goblin would be a welcome change. Elsa accepts the hand and holds it happily, swinging her arm a bit like young girls do sometimes.

As they approach the Bolt, they find the shop open and everything inside is as it should be. Marie is making some marks, pins held in her mouth as she lines up some fabric for sewing. Bonjour... she calls out without looking up from her work.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:05 pm 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

"Goblins? Nasty little buggers, give me anything but wolves." She replies swinging the hand as she bounces towards the Shop.

"Bonjour." Mira replies, "I am looking for something in a Bodice, see this amazing dressmaker made me one, but I gave it away to a friend, and these things are just bouncing." She giggles, waiting for her to see who it is.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:05 am 
King
King

Marie looks up at the voice, a pin or two slipping free as she grins. She sets the needles down and rises to come hug the bard. You’re back! I’m so glad. Greeting Elsa with, Hello again dear. Back to Mira, Gave it away did you? she says with a wink. You sure it wasn’t damaged by a certain young man’s enthusiasm? Hmm? she teases.

Marie steps back and gives the bard’s figure a mock-appraising look, For those things there’s no help. I wash my hands of it. she giggles. Oh! But you have to tell me what he thought of it. Do you know I had three other women this last week come in and ask for something similar? And one of them you would never believe!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:05 am 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

"For tonight at least. I need to do a little traveling." Hugging her tightly she steps back and gives her a quick once over before giggling at her suggestions. "No sadly there is no young man anymore, the one I had in mind chose a different path so now I'm all on my own. Well.. apart from Elsa." She lightly nudges the Clerics hip. And a pretty Barmaid I have confused thoughts about. she wanted to say but decided not to. "No help you say?? You mean I'm stuck like this?" She giggles loudly bouncing up and down.

"I loaned the Bodice to someone who I hope would get some use, a sweet young girl who wanted to surprise her young man. She absolutely loved it, and I have a feeling you might get some orders from Skald soon. Wait? You've had people come in? That's wonderful!! Next you are going to tell me Madame Brodeur wanted one!" She giggles.

(Sorry about the spelling I mean the judge who knew she wasnt a Gypsy)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:36 am 
King
King

Awww, she says sympathetically, putting an arm around Mira’s shoulders upon hearing the young man took a different path. Well it’s his loss and he’s a fool to let you slip through his fingers. she says decisively. What you need is some young musician who understands that kind of life. Someone young and full of… enthusiasm she giggles.

Upon hearing about the bodice she smiles, Good! I hope she likes it and it fits her properly. I made it to your figure, but it can be adjusted slightly. She leans in quietly, These things are forever changing their minds about what size they want to be. she chuckles. Oh yes, a few people came in and order something similar. Hmm? Hahahaha, she wipes a tear from her eye, laughing at Mira’s suggestion. No, no. Madame Brodeur would never… well not anymore. You know I heard she used to be quite a free spirit back in her day… of course I was much too young to know then, but… No it was… Oh I can’t tell you, it’s such a scandal! All I can say is… well… it’s a very popular figure in town… and I’m pretty certain she didn’t get it for her husband’s enjoyment, if you know what I mean. She giggles a little, well I really couldn’t possibly say any more… she trails off.

There is a small sidelong look at Mira from the dressmaker. The bard realizes that she may be waiting on something…

====
[After having been in town for over a month, Mira may have become aware of the local art of ‘gossiping’. Apparently it’s a very popular pass-time here. Usually it is only between friends, and very seldom outsiders. In fact, even close friends not native to Kartakass are rarely included. Either Marie regards Mira as a very close friend, or she is an incorrigible gossip and has few other people to talk to. Or some combination of both.

From what Mira has seen, this is probably the point where either she has to contribute some juicy gossip of her own, or make some effort to convince Marie to expound more [cha check if she does that]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:52 am 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

“Trust me, Musicians are worse! Always trying to steal your songs.. I’ve decided that I don’t need a man to make me happy, although...” She darts her head in close, whispering. “There is a rather nice Young Man who just arrived in Town, he has Gypsy blood and rather big and strong. I swear I saw a few of the Ladies look his way when we arrived today with him and his Sister.” She grins. “I don’t think he’s here to steal the Ladies, but he might make a few happy while he’s here.” Nudging the Seamstress with her elbow she lifts her head, returning her attention to the Bodice.

“It should she’s Young and almost as blessed as me...” Memories slip into her mind causing her lips to curl upwards. “I’m sure she’ll fit just fine.. There speaks the voice of experience.” She giggles, “I’m sure you have one or two Bodices at home.”

“I assumed as much, she strikes me as someone who could have been a ... handful in the past, I’d know.. being a handful myself, and I’m not just talking about my Bodice!” Giggling openly she shoots Elsa a look, rapidly translating the gist of what she said. “Ohhh is my Dress ready? I would LOVE to try it on.”

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:02 pm 
King
King

Oh really? More gypsies in town? She asks, interestedly; peering past to the wondows as if she might just chance to see one now. Lowering her voice slightly, So they are friends of yours? Are they from your.. uhh... tribe then? Wait, are there more coming? She asks, eyes wide.

As the conversation turns to the dress, Marie grins wide. Actually, i had it set up today to make sure all of the lines and seams were set... come take a look. Marie leads Mira and Elsa to the back corner where a partial manequin for fittings stood beyond some racks and other things. Elsa whistles low when she seea the dress, Wow... i... i dont know what to say... it's beautiful!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:38 am 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

"Like me? No, there are many different types of Gypsy.. I'm quite different to them.." she explains giggling as Marie looks to see if she can see any. "But yes they are my friends, good friends."

"Marie... Wow.. just.. wow.." she gasps into her hand, even more surprised than she expected. "You are a master, you know that don't you? I know of dressmakers who practice for years and never get that good. I can't wait to wear it!!" Hugging the woman closely she kisses her cheek. "Truly amazing."

"Do you have anything I might wear tonight? I'll tell everyone it came from you.. perhaps this mysterious woman might be there."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 525 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next

Advanced search