Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:25 am

Advanced search

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Act 2 Scene 3: “To 'Where the Old Bones Lie'” (Game Thre
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:03 pm 
Prince
Prince

"it sound like your home-place is overtly more dangerous than Fareun! There's much to be said for dangers seen," responds Jerry, reaching out to connect, but still truly feeling in the dark.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:53 am 
Count
Count

Pyros' body language shows he can hardly wait to get moving. "I can help keep a look out for anything!"

===================================
"I as well with the help of Fenrir."

"An threats you can see friend?"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:53 pm 
Marshall
Marshall

Pytor takes the opportunity of the pause in travel to converse with his sister. "Adrastia? We are nearing your prey are we not? What are those creatures like? How do they attack? And more importantly, how do I slay them?" His eyes glance back at the others. The mages Merrick and Cross seemed frail to the former blacksmith, while Elsa and Pyros were not much larger than children. Adran looked sturdy enough and he suspected his sister was formidable in her own right. That left the fair Jerry and comely Mira. The thought of either facing the slobbering jaws of some beast made the gypsy uncomfortable. Turning back to Adrastia, "How do stop I those fiends from harming the others?"

"It's quite a place. A place of good times and bad, of pain and growth, but in the end a place of great hope. - But if you ever do come aboard, remember one thing: No one there is exactly what he seems. But then, who is?"- G'Kar

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:48 pm 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

"Oh Jerry." Pausing while she fights off image of the creatures attacking her in the place she called home.. Home..? There was nothing left for her.. Placing a hand on the other womans shoulder she squeezes the skin softly. "All we can do is watch each others backs, and work together, we trust each other, we ignore those dreams. Yasir isn't coming back, none of us are becoming those... things." Her soft palm seems somehow at odds with the caloused fingers as she squeezes the womans shoulder.

"We have each other, while we have that, I guess we arent alone." She turns her attention to Pytor, watching him, her hand remaining on Jerry's shoulder, the other still grasping Elsa's smaller one. "I wonder.. he seems the.. protective type, there is something in the way he watches me.." casting that thought aside she releases both women and moves towards the Gypsy's her hand on her sword hilt.

"We have to go up there, I think I have an idea what you are thinking. There are some of us that need protecting more than others. So, you three kill the damn things, I'll use what magic I can, Elsa and I will cover the ones who are less capable in a fight." That settled she winks towards Pytor. wiggles her hips and resumes her place in the marching order.

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Getting a reputation)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Killing Nisserrr [Goblins])

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:44 pm 
Prince
Prince

Jerry nods back at Mira, welcoming the comradeship, but not sure what to say. She settles on a smile and another nod.

When Mira wiggles her hips at Pytor Jerry gives Merrick a slight nudge and points at the pair with her head.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:45 am 
Count
Count

Oblivious to all the rest of the conversation Pyros will start to sway to the rhythm.

Cross as always will take any spare time to be studying his spells to ensure they are ready when needed.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:42 am 
Marshall
Marshall

"Ohh pula mea..." Pytor mumbles as the effects of his cold morning bath eroded under the bard's suggestive antics, all the while thinking. "Just relax and keep my head clear or that little gaji will be the death of me, more than any beast or fiend."

"It's quite a place. A place of good times and bad, of pain and growth, but in the end a place of great hope. - But if you ever do come aboard, remember one thing: No one there is exactly what he seems. But then, who is?"- G'Kar

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:26 am 
King
King

Fenrir calls back to his master, Nothing lives here but death.

Adrestia keeps a vigilant eye, but answers her brother without turning away from her watch, If the rumors I'm following are true, then they might be here... They are horrible, abominations that were once human but were... warped by something. They have bloated heads, glowing read eyes, and needle-sharp teeth and claws. They do not sleep, they do not tire, and they can go a very long time without food or water. They fight like animals or... crazed men; clawing and biting and strangling. Unconsciously the she itches at her shoulder with one hand for a brief moment. As for killing them, swords work as well as anything else I suppose. They are clever, stealthy, and extremely dangerous in large numbers. She says grimly.

As the group continues farther into the forsaken landscape, it becomes clear that the large rocks are apparently nothing more than especially hard nodes of rust-red clay. In fact, not a single stone can be seen anywhere in the area; everything is made of sun baked, wind-swept, brick-like mud. The canyons are quite square with sheer vertical walls of hardened adobe; most of which are between 15' and 40' deep. The ridges between the canyons are only slightly rounded while the canyon floors are very square. At the bottom of the canyons are small, dried up streams that trace white patterns in the baked earth.

The very feeling of death seems to seep from the ground in this place. Even the hottest desert would seem more alive than these desolate canyons. High up in the sky you can see a great crow riding the wind currents in lazy, graceful circles. It seems to be the only other living thing in sight. [Another crow, not Fenrir] The trail map leads down one of the broader canyons, and Artanis turns to lead the party into it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:39 am 
Count
Count

"Fenrir seems very certain nothing lives here, but death."

"Death lives here? How odd!"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:15 am 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

"Well, thats rather disturbing." Mira blurts out before she has a chance to consider her words, "I'd say death definately lives here. Lets keep them at arms length, ranged weapons if you can, don't let these things touch you." Leaning close to Elsa she whispers "Remind me why we are going through a scary valley of death again? I mean the dreams aren't that bad." Lifting her head she draws the crossbow and loads a bolt ready to fire, the swords resting once again in their scabbards.

"Its a saying.." She starts to explain then gives up, "It means everything that isn't US is already dead they just havent passed over."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:42 am 
Prince
Prince

Suspecting Adrestia's words to foretell some kind of undead, Jerry keeps alert for any such indication. She passes one of her ration packs to Merrick with a quiet but pointed, "If you're not going to talk to me would you mind helping by carrying this, please." Almost as an afterthought, "That would let me carry some more sling stones, if I find any. You, know, Mira said 'ranged'."

She equips her sling and keeps an eye open for stones that would be ok for a sling.

After a while Jerry drifts over to Adrestia, "Hey! Thanks for the warning earlier. This place is super bleak. Errm I couldn't help but notice you rub your arm while you told us. Was that from a wound delivered by the creatures you described?"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:55 pm 
Marshall
Marshall

Pytor scoffs at Mira's suggestion. "Bah. I was never the one to win a contest with a bow or throwing knives. Dwarves on occasion, but never anything with a point or a blade. We're better off if I keep my hammer at ready on the chance something gets in close. Just don't shoot me in the rear if you can help it."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:40 pm 
Count
Count

Pyros will start to twirl his hoopak without thinking.

"That sounds pretty nasty!" He will now be on high alert for said creatures.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:34 pm 
King
King

Elsa chuckles at Mira's remark, It's not the dreams I'm worried about... but I'd kill for some of my Na's hackberry jam right now... she says, keeping sharp watch.

Merrick blinks at the half-elven woman's words. Wha... oh. Sure, I can carry something. Jerry looks around for sling stones, but the hard clay proves crumbly and ill suited for ammunition. Instead, Merrick fishes out a dozen of his own stones and passes them to her. I'm just trying to keep watch... I... I've never really been involved in this kind of thing so... I'm not really sure what to expect...

Adrestia spares a glance from keeping watch when the Mystran approaches. Yes... Their teeth are like needles. Scars tend to itch, when they're deep enough...

The group continues on, Artanis leading them into one of the wider canyons as he checks the map. Not more than another quarter mile on, out on the ends of several of the beauts small wooden posts can be seen. The posts are scattered about, each one standing by itself, and on some there appear to be chains and manacles attached to the top. A dry, cold breeze stirs, and the clack... clack... clack... of metal on wood sounds out as it idly stirs in the wind. Farther into the canyon, Many of the manacles are clamped around human bodies in some state of decay. While some are nothing more than barely intact collections of withered flesh and bleached bones, others are still in the early stages of decay. Most of the latter bodies show signs of having been partially eaten...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:23 am 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

"You might just get your wish." Mira replies in turn, crossbow notched and ready as she moves on, 1 bolt, shoot then magic, hand to hand was a last resort, how many times did she have to say that.. "You can't beat them all, remember that Girl." Muttering to herself she tries to keep the group from the posts.

"Jerry, I've heard afew stories about the dead, nothing more, its pretty rare where I come from. We are going to need your skills on this one. Stay alert, nothing else matters if we don't get out of here, understood?" Accenting her words with the crossbow she turns her eyes to the posts, watching them closely, wondering if perhaps she might have heard a story or a song on these things...

(OCC: A little bit of everything [1d100] = 14 (25%) SHE ACTUALLY PASSED!)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Advanced search