Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:38 pm

Advanced search

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 411 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 28  Next
 Post subject: Re: Act 2 Scene 2: “In Search of The Crown” (Game Thread)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:23 pm 
Marshall
Marshall

Pytor rises to his feet with a frown. Quickly grabbing his gear, he departs the room and the tavern. If not for the obscuring clouds and mist in the sky, he would have cursed the sunlight. Making his way to the stables, he goes to Satâr de Ceaţă's stall and waves away the stable hand. "I'll take care of her boy. Go tend to the others." After fetching meal and water for the mare, he grabs a brush and begins combing her coat. Pyotr makes quick work of the task as it helps to calm his thoughts. Once satisfied with his steed, Pytor returns to the tavern and looks to see if anyone is having breakfast.

"It's quite a place. A place of good times and bad, of pain and growth, but in the end a place of great hope. - But if you ever do come aboard, remember one thing: No one there is exactly what he seems. But then, who is?"- G'Kar

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:42 am 
Prince
Prince

Jerry gently grips Merrick by the arm and turns him over, looking for damage and gazing into his eyes.
After establishing that he is physically ok, she whispers to him, "That was the worst yet!" and puts her arms around him. "No matter what this dreams say, know this you are my joy. Anything else is false."

A few moments of quiet companionship and reassuring warmth pass as the priestess concisely recounts her dream, seeking to establish whether those involved experience the same things. Jerry adds, "One thing, please." She rolls over and reaches under her pillow before turning back with a short, sharpened, flame-hardened stake. "If I am 'turned', that is death from blood-drain by a vampire, use this on me. Just here. Promise me?" She indicates the point of entry to find her heart. And cries, burying her head on his shoulder .

A little later while the pair clean up and dress Jerry suggests that 'Protection from Evil' might be an appropriate spell for the day's journey and recounts the methods for dealing with vampires.
Indicating the door she enquires, "Shall we?" A brief pat on her tummy clarifies that breakfast is the topic of seeking.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:56 am 
King
King

[Lol, crit on a cantrip check eh? Let’s say the perfume covers her and the whole room then.]

Girls’ Room: Adrestia, Elsa and Mira
Adrestia gives Mira a quizzical look at the question. Awkward? No… it has been some time since I was in a caravan, but the Vistani are not shy amongst themselves. It is not so unusual. The warrior shrugs at the question of sleep, though her eyes bear the slight shadow of a restless night. Dreams cannot hurt you.

Elsa feels at the corner of her mouth, wincing slightly. A small red bump becomes visible where she seems to have bitten her lip in the night… You don’t have to worry about me. Besides, we’ll all be together.

Jerry and Merrick’s room: Jerry and Merrick
Slowly the half-elf draws his hands away from his face, scratches too shallow to draw blood criss-cross his lids and cheekbones from where his own nails had dug into the skin. When Jerry hands him the stake, he simply stares at it for a long moment. Eventually he speaks, A… are you… sure? I don’t know if I can do that.. As she breaks down, he pets her hair gently, muttering a hesitant I… I’ll try… Eventually the pair dress and make their preparations before heading downstairs.

Downstairs: Pytor, Pyros, Jerry and Merrick
Pytor gathers his things and sets about caring for Satâr de Ceaţă, leaving Adran in the room alone. The familiar movements and routine eases his dream-addled mind. After finishing, he returns to the common area to find Pyros. There are a couple of locals chatting over coffee, and one of the waitresses is seeing to her duties. Before long, the half-elves Jerry and Merrick descend into the common area.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:43 pm 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

"I think thats why many mistake me for one of your people, I am quite open. Elsa is learning to accept me for who I am." She shoots the Halfing a wink, before returning her attention to Adrestia. "I am begining to wonder if thats true." Saying no more she kneels down next to Elsa, the Bodice forgotten. "Are you ok? That dream.. I know you wouldnt do that?" Brushing her finger along the halflings lips without a care as to how it looks.

"Go grab some food, we'll be down in a moment." Rising upwards once more she pats the Vistani on the shoulder, "I know this is cheeky, but could you possibly grab a little breakfast?" If she agrees Mira kneels back down by Elsa, stroking her face. "You and me, you and me ok?" Kissing her forehead she raises the bodice in one hand, "Would you mind helping to lace me up? I can't fight with these things swinging around."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Getting a reputation)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Killing Nisserrr [Goblins])

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:11 pm 
Marshall
Marshall

"Hello. Pyros, was it not? I hope last night treated you kinder than it did I." Taking a seat, Pytor keeps an eye on the waitress waiting for her to finish with the other guests before beckoning her over. If the locals appear to be talking about anything of significance, he will listen in on their conversation.

When Jerry and Merrick arrive, Pytor rises from his chair to greet them. "Lady Jerry, Sir Merrick, your mere presence brightens this dismal morning. I hope your night was restful if not fervid."

"It's quite a place. A place of good times and bad, of pain and growth, but in the end a place of great hope. - But if you ever do come aboard, remember one thing: No one there is exactly what he seems. But then, who is?"- G'Kar

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:17 am 
Prince
Prince

J"Hello Pytor!" returns Jerry."Just 'Jerry' is fine; I'm not nobility. But thank you all the same. In all honesty I had a wracking dream; common since coming to this land. Did you have a better night?"

If Pytor admits to a nightmare also then Jerry will try to quietly compare the details (seeking to establish once and for all if it is a communal experience and, if so, if there are individual changes in content or perception.)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:43 pm 
Count
Count

"Well food is needed first. I think following our flock will get me to the abity to fly."

"Shall we catch up to Pyros. I am sure he is already drank a pot of coffee."

========================
"Oy! Don'ttalk to me of last night! These dreams seem to be getting worse!" If there is coffee he will slurp it to punctuate his point.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:33 pm 
Prince
Prince

"Hey Pyros, the coffee is supposed to go into a cup before you drink it. Not directly from the pot into your somewhat active gullet," comments Jerry, who will then decline coffee unless a Pyros-free pot materialises.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:10 am 
Marshall
Marshall

"Not of the nobility? An honest mistake on my part for one with such grace." Returning to his chair once they have seated, Pytor continues. "My dreams have been dark for a long time now. Yet last night's dream was more than that. It seemed almost alive and malevolent." Pytor doesn't discriminate with the coffee and sips the first cup set near him.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:18 am 
Count
Count

"I've never had dreams like this. My cousins and I don't typically get "scared" as you large folk do... but these dreams. I think are the closest I may have come to that. It is an eerie feeling like my stomach is trying to close on itself. If it was not so odd I would be intrigued by it... Then completely switching gears when Cross descends the stairs.

"Is that bird getting bigger or is it my imagination!" He will be completely absorbed with taking in the bird travelling with Cross.

==============================
"Pyros, Pyros, Pyros. You Kender have the gift for exaggeration." He will take a seat and pour a glass of water. "Good morning all."

If a plate of meat has already been served he will flip up a piece for Fenrir to consume.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:07 pm 
King
King

Girls’ Room: Adrestia, Elsa and Mira
Adrestia shrugs regarding the dreams. She takes the polite dismissal in-stride, though she passes a brief glance between the two women. I need make sure things are getting underway anyway. The less time we spend in the wild, the better. She says, before heading downstairs and closing the door behind her.

Elsa nods silently, a haunted look to her features. Abruptly she throws her arms around the bard’s shoulders, laying her head beside the crouching woman’s. I won’t let them get to you. There’s no way, while I’m around. she says, as if trying to convince herself. The cleric assists the bard in dressing, and double checks her own armor buckles and straps before preparing to leave the room together.

Common Room: Adrestia, Adran, Artanis, Jerry, Merrick, Pyros and Pytor
The group’s orders for breakfast are quickly taken and served. Before long Adrestia arrives downstairs, taking Artanis aside to speak quickly over final preparations for the journey. Afterwards she joins the others at the table. Once there is a lul in the conversation, she speaks. Well, We will be travelling through dangerous territory for a few days. Everyone should keep a sharp eye out, especially when we make camp. I know I’m new to the group, but I have lived in this land my entire life. Mira asked me to join mainly for navigation and information purposes I suspect; but for now my direction of travel lies along the same lines as yours, apparently.

The dusky hued fighter looks to each in turn, sparing a small smile for her newfound brother. There is safety in numbers, so if we watch each others backs and keep our heads we shouldn’t have too much trouble reaching our destination safely.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:41 am 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

"Agreed." Mira responds to the darker woman as she deoarts, eyes closed she takes a monent beside Elsa, the girl was her rock, her anchor when all around the world was going crazy.

"I know. I know." Mira repeats like it's some kind of Mantra. "You and me..damn did you see that look? She thinks.. me and you." Giggling the light noise breaking the dark mood as she holds the cleric close. "As if Id get that lucky." Patting the Clerics rear she moves to the door, the majority of her things left behind for now.. "Coming lover?" She asks with overly accented huskiness.

-----

Entering the common room she regards them all in turn, nodding to each in greeting. "Morning."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Getting a reputation)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Killing Nisserrr [Goblins])

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:00 am 
Count
Count

"NOTHINGMAKESMEHUNGRIERTHANKNOWINGADVENTUREISCOMING!" Pyros digs into the food.

=======================================

Cross chuckles and Pyros but remains serious as he knows the perils they are about to face.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:41 pm 
King
King

Girls’ Room: Elsa and Mira
Elsa looks perplexed for a moment, She thinks me and you what…? Are keeping secrets? I mean she knows we’ve been traveling together for a while… I don’t think it’s unusual that… The Halfling blinks at Mira’s mention of luck. A slow, faint blush comes to her cheeks. What?! No! I mean… not that you aren’t really.. I know you don’t… she cuts off and the blush deepens as the bard pats her bottom. Her mouth opens and closes soundlessly for a moment as the redhead moves to the door. Shaking her head ruefully, some of the red recedes from her face; though a hint still stains her cheeks. I guess I could do worse. she jibes, following after.

Common Room: Adrestia, Adran, Artanis, Elsa, Jerry, Merrick, Mira, Pyros and Pytor
Mira and Elsa join the others downstairs. The Halfling quickly orders some food and wolfs it down with controlled gusto; in slight contrast to the whirlwind that is Pyros feeding.

Once everyone is done eating, Artanis speaks up in Elven to reduce the chance of locals overhearing. The trail marked on the map we found at… our “friend’s” farm is likely the quickest way. We’ll need to leave town to the North to follow it. Once we collect the horses, everyone ready?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:49 pm 
Count
Count

With a final slurp and a belch Pyros jumps up topknot bouncing. "Woohoo! Best news I've heard for a week!"

================================================================

Cross will finish a generous plate, most would think he should be twice the size the way he packs it in. He also makes sure Fenrir gets his fill.

"Back on the road again friend. We are off to find some knowledge, and possibly trinkets."

He will stand without a word and prepare his equipment into comfortable positions.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 411 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 28  Next

Advanced search