Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:06 pm

Advanced search




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 294 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: An Arl's Ransom
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 7:51 pm 
Offline
Lord
Lord
User avatar

Joined:
Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:57 am
Posts: 1269
Wallace casts heal for 1 MP on Joseph, talking softly about how well he is doing, recognizing his state of shock.

_________________
Characters:
Current:
LSO: Gallath, Elf Thief- SendHelp
WotL:Ne-Chanz, Minotaur Fighter- Casual Murder
Demiplane:Cal Lightfoot, Gnome Thief/Illusionist (Improv Kit)- Chilling
AD:LitC: Jacen Terro, Half-Elf fighter- HOLD


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: An Arl's Ransom
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 7:02 am 
Offline
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Joined:
Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:39 pm
Posts: 821
Location:
United Kingdom
Davne aims carefully at the first genlock, anticipating it to move into mêlée range and swipes with her sword when it does so.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: An Arl's Ransom
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 3:12 pm 
Offline
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:00 am
Posts: 11390
Location:
Washington, USA
Simone and Blaker both reload their crossbows. "Any time, Ser Bridget!" Blaker calls out. The first genlock arrives then, still covered in a frozen mist that was damaging it. It swings its axe at Davne, cutting into her. Davne counters with her bastard sword, cutting off the creature's head and kicking its body aside.

Wallace lays hands on Joseph and casts a minor healing spell. The boy's wounds heal a little, although he's still in bad shape. Seeing that the mage was helping, Bridget lumbers over to stand before Blaker, her armor slowing her. Alenka casts her cold spell again at the second genlock, which does little damage but does slow it down. When the creature arrives, it swings a clumsy blow at Bridget with numbed hands. The knight easily deflects the attack with her shield.

==========

Initiative Order
Simone (3d6+3): 6+5+4+3 = 18
Genlock 01 (3d6+1): 6+2+5+1 = 14
Joseph (3d6+1): 6+6+1+1 = 14
Davne (3d6+2): 4+6+1+3 = 13
Wallace (3d6+1): 3+4+4+1 = 12
Alenka (3d6+1): 1+3+6+1 = 11
Blaker (3d6+3): 1+2+3+3 = 9
Genlock 03 (3d6+1): 2+5+1+1 = 9
Bridget (3d6+2): 3+1+2+2 = 8
Hana (3d6+0): 2+1+4 = 7
Genlock 02 (3d6+1): 2+3+1+1 = 7

Round 6!

Simone uses a major action to reload her crossbow and a minor action to aim (+1 to hit).
Genlock 01 makes a CON (Stamina) check [TN 14] (3d6+2): 1+3+2+2 = 8, fail. Genlock 01 takes (1d6): 2 penetrating cold damage and loses 2 points of speed. Genlock 01 is now critically wounded. It uses a minor action to move 5 yards northwest and a major action to attack Davne with its battle axe with a focus (+2 to hit) [TN 14] (3d6+5): 3+6+4+5 = 18, hit for (2d6+3): 5+6+3 = 14 (-7 armor) = 7 damage.
Joseph uses a major action to defend.
Davne uses a minor action to aim (+1 to hit) and a major action to attack Genlock 01 with her bastard sword in the dark (-1 to hit) [TN 13] (3d6+3): 3+6+4+3 = 16, hit for (2d6+4): 4+3+4 = 11 (-5 armor) = 6 damage. Genlock 01 falls.
Wallace uses a major action to cast Heal on Joseph, restoring (1d6): 3 HP. He consumes 1 MP.
Alenka uses a major action to cast Winter's Grasp at Genlock 02 [TN 12] (3d6+4): 4+2+3+4 = 13, hit for (1d6): 1 penetrating damage. She consumes 3 MP.
Blaker uses a major action to reload his crossbow.
Genlock 03 uses a minor action to move 7 yards northwest and a major action to defend.
Bridget uses a major action to run 10 yards southeast.
Genlock 02 makes a CON (Stamina) check [TN 14] (3d6+2): 4+1+6+2 = 13, fail. It takes (1d6): 4 penetrating cold damage and loses 2 points of speed. It is now moderately wounded. It uses a minor action to move 5 yards northwest and a major action to attack Bridget with its battle axe with a focus (+2 to hit) [TN 14] (3d6+5): 1+1+1+5 = 8, miss.


Attachments:
Besieged Map 06.jpg
Besieged Map 06.jpg [ 115.62 KiB | Viewed 4083 times ]
Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: An Arl's Ransom
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 6:41 pm 
Offline
Duke
Duke
User avatar

Joined:
Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:36 pm
Posts: 5159
Location:
Washington
Simone fires her crossbow at the genlock that is chilled from the spell cast upon it.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: An Arl's Ransom
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 1:44 am 
Offline
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Joined:
Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:39 pm
Posts: 821
Location:
United Kingdom
Davne engages with the remaining genlock s, moving as required to get to them and swinging with her sword.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: An Arl's Ransom
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 7:19 am 
Offline
Lord
Lord
User avatar

Joined:
Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:57 am
Posts: 1269
Wallace uses his arcane lance on #3

_________________
Characters:
Current:
LSO: Gallath, Elf Thief- SendHelp
WotL:Ne-Chanz, Minotaur Fighter- Casual Murder
Demiplane:Cal Lightfoot, Gnome Thief/Illusionist (Improv Kit)- Chilling
AD:LitC: Jacen Terro, Half-Elf fighter- HOLD


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: An Arl's Ransom
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 12:23 pm 
Offline
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:00 am
Posts: 11390
Location:
Washington, USA
Simone fires her crossbow at the genlock attacking Bridget, but the bolt bounces harmlessly off the creature's shield. Davne moves in to attack the same genlock, but likewise her blade is deflected by its shield.

Wallace focuses on the other genlock, blasting an arcane lance at it. However, it fails to penetrate the creature's armor and does it no harm.

Fortunately, the others have better luck. Blaker shoots the genlock fighting Bridget, catching it in the shoulder. It squeals in pain before ripping the bolt out. Alenka, meanwhile, blasts the other genlock with another freezing spell. The creature, chilled, goes for Davne but she blocks the attack with her own shield.

Bridget then runs through her opponent, before kicking it off her sword blade. All that remains is the last genlock, still fighting Davne.

==========

Initiative Order
Simone (3d6+3): 6+5+4+3 = 18
Joseph (3d6+1): 6+6+1+1 = 14
Davne (3d6+2): 4+6+1+3 = 13
Wallace (3d6+1): 3+4+4+1 = 12
Alenka (3d6+1): 1+3+6+1 = 11
Blaker (3d6+3): 1+2+3+3 = 9
Genlock 03 (3d6+1): 2+5+1+1 = 9
Bridget (3d6+2): 3+1+2+2 = 8
Hana (3d6+0): 2+1+4 = 7
Genlock 02 (3d6+1): 2+3+1+1 = 7

Round 7!

Simone uses a major action to fire her crossbow after aiming (+1 to hit) at Genlock 02 in the dark (-1) at short range [TN 13] (3d6+3): 3+4+2+3 = 12, miss.
Joseph uses a major action to defend.
Davne uses a major action to attack Genlock 02 with her bastard sword [TN 13] (3d6+3): 2+2+5+3 = 12, miss.
Wallace uses a major action to fire an arcane lance at Genlock 03 in the dark (-1 to hit) [TN 13] (3d6+3): 2+6+2+3 = 13, hit for (1d6+4): 1+4 = 5 (-5 armor) = 0 damage.
Alenka uses a major action to cast Winter's Grasp at Genlock 03 [TN 12] (3d6+4): 4+1+5+4 = 14, pass for (1d6): 5 penetrating damage. She consumes 3 MP. Genlock 03 is now moderately wounded.
Blaker uses a minor action to aim (+1 to hit) and a major action to fire his crossbow with a focus (+2 to hit) in the dark (-1 to hit) at Genlock 02 [TN 13] (3d6+7): 1+2+6+7 = 16, hit for (2d6+4): 5+1+4 = 10 (-5 armor) = 5 damage. Genlock 02 is now seriously wounded.
Genlock 03 makes a CON (Stamina) check [TN 14] (3d6+2): 5+6+6+2 = 19, pass. He is no longer chilled. He uses a minor action to move 5 feet toward Davne and a major action to swing his battle axe at her with a focus (+2 to hit) [TN 14] (3d6+5): 4+3+1+5 = 13, miss.
Bridget uses a minor action to aim (+1 to hit) and a major action to swing her bastard sword at genlock 02 with a focus (+2 to hit) [TN 13] (3d6+7): 2+6+3+7 = 18, hit for (2d6+6): 3+3+6 = 12 damage. Genlock 02 falls.
Genlock 02 is down.


Attachments:
Besieged Map 07.jpg
Besieged Map 07.jpg [ 115.57 KiB | Viewed 4067 times ]
Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: An Arl's Ransom
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 1:20 pm 
Offline
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Joined:
Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:39 pm
Posts: 821
Location:
United Kingdom
Davne locks eyes with the final Genlock(aims), She yells, "Show this one no mercy!" before striking out with her sword.


(OOC invisible castle has been down for ages :S )


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: An Arl's Ransom
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 7:02 pm 
Offline
Lord
Lord
User avatar

Joined:
Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:57 am
Posts: 1269
Wallace fires another arcane lance at the genlock, aiming carefully before attacking

_________________
Characters:
Current:
LSO: Gallath, Elf Thief- SendHelp
WotL:Ne-Chanz, Minotaur Fighter- Casual Murder
Demiplane:Cal Lightfoot, Gnome Thief/Illusionist (Improv Kit)- Chilling
AD:LitC: Jacen Terro, Half-Elf fighter- HOLD


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: An Arl's Ransom
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 7:39 pm 
Offline
Duke
Duke
User avatar

Joined:
Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:36 pm
Posts: 5159
Location:
Washington
Simone, once again reloads her crossbow and aims at the final genlock.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: An Arl's Ransom
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 4:13 pm 
Offline
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:00 am
Posts: 11390
Location:
Washington, USA
While Blaker and Simone reload, Davne swings her sword at the last genlock, calling for no mercy. The creature deflects the blow with its shield and laughs.

Wallace fires another arcane lance, this time throwing everything he has in it. This time it is strong enough to pierce the creature's armor and actually draw a little blood. He then quickly flips his staff around and fires a second bolt from the other end, but this one bounces off its armor again.

Alenka follows up with an arcane bolt, which strikes the genlock square in the chest, causing it to stagger. Roaring with outrage, it swings its axe at Davne, striking her right in the chest. But her breast plate absorbs the whole thing, leaving her unarmed. Bridget then finishes the genlock off with her own blade, nearly cutting it in two.

For a moment there is silence, save for everyone panting and groaning with pain. No other darkspawn or blight wolves appear, though. It seems the battle is, at long last, over.

==========

Initiative Order
Simone (3d6+3): 6+5+4+3 = 18
Joseph (3d6+1): 6+6+1+1 = 14
Davne (3d6+2): 4+6+1+3 = 13
Wallace (3d6+1): 3+4+4+1 = 12
Alenka (3d6+1): 1+3+6+1 = 11
Blaker (3d6+3): 1+2+3+3 = 9
Genlock 03 (3d6+1): 2+5+1+1 = 9
Bridget (3d6+2): 3+1+2+2 = 8

Round 8!

Simone uses a major action to reload her crossbow and a minor action to aim at the last genlock.
Joseph uses a major action to defend.
Davne uses a minor action to aim (+1 to hit) and a major action to attack Genlock 03 with her bastard sword [TN 13] (3d6+4): 3+3+1+4 = 11, miss.
Wallace uses a minor action to aim (+1 to hit) and a major action to fire an arcane lance at Genlock 03 with his staff in the dark (-1 to hit) [TN 13] (3d6+4): 6+5+5+4 = 20, STUNT (5 points). He uses Pierce Armor and Lightning Attack. The lance hits for (1d6+4): 2+4 = 6 (-2 armor) = 4 damage. He then fires a second lance in the dark (-1 to hit) [TN 13] (3d6+3): 6+1+2+3 = 12, miss.
Alenka uses a major action to cast Arcane Bolt at Genlock 03 [TN 10] (3d6+4): 4+3+5+4 = 16, hit! Genlock 03 makes a DEX (Acrobatics) test [TN 14] (3d6+1): 4+4+4+1 = 13, fail. He takes (2d6+5): 6+3+5 = 14 (-5 armor) = 9 damage. Genlock 03 is now critically wounded.
Blaker uses a major action to reload his crossbow.
Genlock 03 uses a major action to swing his battle axe at Davne with a focus (+2 to hit) [TN 14] (3d6+5): 2+3+5+5 = 15, hit for (2d6+3): 3+1+3 = 7 (-7 armor) = 0 damage.
Bridget uses a minor action to aim (+1 to hit) and a major action to swing her bastard sword at genlock 03 with a focus (+2 to hit) [TN 13] (3d6+7): 5+6+2+7 = 20, hit for (2d6+6): 5+6+6 = 17 (-5 armor) = 13 damage. Genlock 03 falls.

End melee.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: An Arl's Ransom
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 6:30 pm 
Offline
Lord
Lord
User avatar

Joined:
Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:57 am
Posts: 1269
"Whew" Wallace says, leaning on his staff. "You fought well." he says to the boy. "Hellooo there" he says to Bridget, never missing an opportunity to flirt.

_________________
Characters:
Current:
LSO: Gallath, Elf Thief- SendHelp
WotL:Ne-Chanz, Minotaur Fighter- Casual Murder
Demiplane:Cal Lightfoot, Gnome Thief/Illusionist (Improv Kit)- Chilling
AD:LitC: Jacen Terro, Half-Elf fighter- HOLD


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: An Arl's Ransom
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 8:45 pm 
Offline
Duke
Duke
User avatar

Joined:
Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:36 pm
Posts: 5159
Location:
Washington
"Hmm, not the time Wallace," Simone points out before she turns to look to the little girl that is still out. "Is she going to be okay?" she asks.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: An Arl's Ransom
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 1:08 am 
Offline
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Joined:
Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:39 pm
Posts: 821
Location:
United Kingdom
Davne sheaths her sword and asks, "How is everyone holding up?" She prods her breastplate, quite impressed with the protection it just provided her only seconds ago. With a moment of peace it might be useful for the party to take five.
She walk over to the Hurlock to see if there was anything on value on his person, or something that might inform the group of if there was any motive to the attack and ambush - or if this was a case of darkspawn just being darkspawn.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: An Arl's Ransom
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:39 am 
Offline
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:00 am
Posts: 11390
Location:
Washington, USA
Ser Bridget, a stern looking woman with short blond hair and blue eyes, removes her helmet and turns to Wallace. "Uh, hello to you, as well." She looks over to Blaker. "Ser Blaker...you know these people?"

Attachment:
Ser Bridget.jpg
Ser Bridget.jpg [ 66.29 KiB | Viewed 4039 times ]

"I do not," Blaker replies. "But I know Alenka. She is the steward to Arl Neruda. Nice timing, by the way," he says, grinning to Alenka. Blaker has black hair and a big bushy beard and dark circles under his pale blue eyes.

Attachment:
Ser Blaker Corbin.jpg
Ser Blaker Corbin.jpg [ 101.16 KiB | Viewed 4039 times ]

Alenka smiles warmly, probably the only time the party has seen her do that. "What can I say, punctuation is a hobby of mine. These three were hired by the Arl to help escort me here."

"Banged up, but I think they're alright," Blaker replies to Simone. Hana seems to come to, dried blood still under her nose. Joesph helps her to her feet and she leans against him unsteadily.

Joseph is a handsome, strapping lad of 13 years with dark hair and brown eyes. His sister, Hana, is two years older with long brown hair and green eyes. Both have taken some injuries, but nothing lethal, it seems.

Attachment:
Joseph Neruda.png
Joseph Neruda.png [ 108.18 KiB | Viewed 4039 times ]

Attachment:
Hana Neruda.jpg
Hana Neruda.jpg [ 18.59 KiB | Viewed 4039 times ]

"You bring word from our father?" Joseph asks.

"Is he and mother alright?" asks Hana, somewhat dazed still.

Davne looks over the body of the hurlock, careful not to touch it lest she contract the taint herself. She finds nothing of value on it; darkspawn have no need for coin or treasure. It is carrying crude light mail and a two-handed sword.


Top
  Profile 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 294 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Advanced search


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group