Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:54 am

Advanced search

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: CH. 16 - Resistance
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:54 pm 
Knight
Knight

Haahqae will watch for a short time (5 minutes) to see if there's any pattern that the guards tend to pace and if they're specifically guarding any particular door or location. Then he'll try scouting out hallway #10, specifically wanting to scout out Room 2 and Room 11 from that direction.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:52 pm 
Duke
Duke

"You make it sound as if I have murdered thousands of people in a few short months, and I haven't," Kendra says with a shake of her head. "Not everything that the prefect has put into place has been bad for this city," she points out.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:23 pm 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Haahqae (Prefect's Mansion, 1F)
The guards seem mostly focused on guarding the front entrance. They pace back and forth in front of it, although they periodically pause to chat or stretch.

Haahqae backtracks through the kitchen, heading for the hallway to the west. From there, he peeks out into the entry hall (#2) again, but it's exactly as he saw before, just from a different angle this time. He also checks room 11, which is a large bathhouse. It is currently unoccupied, but there is a door on the other side of it.

Kendra (Hidden Room, Sewers)
"You are still complicit. Blood is on your hands whether you swung the sword or not. And what has been good for the city?" asks Sadron. "The general order to exterminate all of my people? The rounding up of refugees and shipping them off to die in slave camps? The massive tax increases, the outlawing of any faith that is not the Dragon Queen, arresting innocent people in the dead of night with no trial, the public executions?"

ProfileWWW 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:14 pm 
Knight
Knight

Returning to the others Haahqae will try and explain the situation as best as he can without maps or being visible.

"Upstairs is the kitchen, it's currently empty, but there are people sleeping in adjoining rooms; probably servants. There's two paths from the kitchen that we could take to the second floor; one of them causes us to pass by the front entrance to the building;there are two baaz guarding that. The other path up is a little more round about and takes us to the back of the mansion. I expect it to be unguarded but locked. Last time I was able to get through without difficulty, so it's likely I can do so again. I am not yet sure where the prefect is. I plan to go back up and see if I can slip by the guards unnoticed unless anyone has a better plan.

I think that you all should stay down here until I've a lock on where to go; we don't want to risk accidentally waking some of the sleeping servants or alerting the guards."

Haahqae will then wait for a response before continuing his search.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:19 pm 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Haahqae (Prefect's Mansion, Basement)
"Do you have any ideas where in the mansion the prefect might be?" asks William, trying to look in the approximate direction he believes the gnome to be standing. "There may not be time to explore the entire mansion, room by room. The longer we're here, the more likely we might be discovered."

ProfileWWW 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:32 pm 
Knight
Knight

"I haven't had much of a chance to explore the second floor before; but I am quite sure he doesn't sleep on the first floor. I suspect I might find it by guards being posted nearby; but failing that I'll have to investigate some rooms and make best guesses. Unless; anyone else here knows the mansion well enough to give some clues." That last comment is pointed towards Tulbas, despite how hard that is to do while one is invisible. It's too bad that Kendra didn't come along with them because it seemed like she might know the inside of the manner better then any of them here.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:51 am 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Haahqae, Tulbas and Gobax (Prefect's Mansion, Basement)
"Alright, I guess there's no choice then," William says. "But we'll only wait half an hour for your next report. Otherwise, we'll assume the worst."

ProfileWWW 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:17 pm 
Duke
Duke

"By your standards," Kendra says. "Everyone that has joined the army for the sake of survival is now evil. They all have blood on their hands because of the evils the other people have committed. It isn't that black and white, and you know that." In this case, Kendra isn't exactly talking about herself because she knows that people in Haven joined the army for the pay so that they could help their families. Kendra's reason for joining was different from that (but the pay did help her family as well).

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:04 am 
Viscount
Viscount

"Kendra probably knows the mansion well. Want to track back and ask her? It might be faster than the alternative."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:53 am 
Knight
Knight

"You can go and ask her if it's fast enough. I'll go out and scout some more. Meet back here soon and see what we've discovered."

Haahqae's next plan is to go upstairs through hallway 10 to room 2;then slip up the staircase to the second floor.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:31 pm 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Haahqae (Prefect's Mansion, 2F)
Haahqae, still invisible, easily bypasses the guards in the entrance hall and heads upstairs. As soon as he reaches the upstairs main balcony, he finds himself looking at two kapak guards standing before double doors.

There are also doors to the east, one northeast and one southeast, that stand unguarded. To the west are two more unguarded doors, but Haahqae remembers they lead over to the west wing of the mansion.

Attachment:
Prefect Mansion 2F 01.jpg
Prefect Mansion 2F 01.jpg [ 247.14 KiB | Viewed 542 times ]

"You executed people for the state," Sadron reminds her. "There is literal blood on your hands. And I cannot believe you are still trying to take the moral highroad here. What about Arulia? Yes, I met her when I joined the resistance. She did not join the army, even after they took her father away. She still hasn't seen him, by the way. But the poor woman stands steadfast in her belief that you will free him, as you promised." He looks her in the eye. "But you had no intention of doing so, did you?"

Tulbas and Gobax (Prefect's Mansion, Basement)
After Haahqae presumably leaves (it's hard to tell, as he's invisible), William turns to Tulbas. "Even if we return for Kendra, she has made it clear her only loyalty is to the prefect. She has refused to aid us. I don't see why that would change now, unless you have some kind of leverage we don't know about; in which case, why not mention it sooner?"

ProfileWWW 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:18 pm 
Knight
Knight

If there are guards there; chances are pretty good that they’re guarding something worth guarding. Do you think you could get through the door unnoticed? Seems like it might be a bit difficult for me to without a really good distraction.

Unless Miracle has a better idea; Haahqae will circle around to some of the unguarded doors to see if he can find an alternative way in. He'll start with the door (6 squares to the west of where he is now) and see what's in there.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:08 pm 
Duke
Duke

"I had every intention of freeing her father," Kendra says as she narrows her eyes. "And I did every possible thing I could do to get her father free," she points out. "But people kept messing things up, which made the prefect too paranoid for me to do anything about it," she explains. "Now, if I had known that there actually was a hidden rebellion, maybe we could have worked together before I managed to get blood on my hands, but no. No one even tried to reach out to me, so I ended up stuck."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:44 am 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Haahqae (Prefect's Mansion, 2F)
'I could try and squeeze under the door frame,' Miracle says. 'But if I leave your presence, I'll become visible again, won't I?' she asks.

Haahqae moves to the west, through the door into the west wing, before turning north and checking the door there. Inside, he finds a work office of sorts. There are two desks and chairs, with some blank parchment on them, as well as a few ink vials and quills. A chest sits between them. Further north is another door. Nobody is currently in this room, so it is dark and quiet.

Attachment:
Prefect Mansion 2F 02.jpg
Prefect Mansion 2F 02.jpg [ 257.91 KiB | Viewed 501 times ]

"Of course," Sadron says sarcastically. "Nothing is ever your fault, just everyone else's. You refuse to take even a little responsibility for your choices." He shakes his head. "You are a pawn, Kendra. You always have been. A pawn of your family, a pawn of the Seekers, now a pawn of the Dragonarmy. And if you walk away from this alive, you will become a pawn to someone else, because that's what makes you happy. Because then you don't have to think about what you're doing, you never have to live with the things you've done, because it wasn't you who did them, it was whoever gave you the order to do them. Well, I'm sorry to tell you that I don't buy it. You are complicit. Maybe if you could come to accept that, you could one day seek redemption. But because you refuse to even acknowledge it, you will forever be tainted by the evil you've allowed to control you."

He sighs sadly. "How different things could have been, had you just been willing to live your own life, instead of the life chosen by others for you."

ProfileWWW 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:10 am 
Knight
Knight

You're right, you would have to rely on your size to hide you and your speed to stay out of sight. But it wouldn't be as safe as staying with me.

Haahqae will cross the room and see what's through the door tothe north.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next

Advanced search