Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:27 am

Advanced search

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 396 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: CH. 15 - Before the Dawn
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:26 am 
Emperor
Emperor

Drinking and walking, eh… the goblin says slowly. well… walking might help… I’ll have to try that. Thanks. Grubnick listens as the gnome goes on. Well, I’m glad things are looking up for you a bit. Good luck. Grubnick bids him good day and heads inside.

Once inside, Grubnick orders an ale and takes a seat in a corner somewhere. He’ll ask and arrange for a bath for after he has his drink.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:23 am 
Viscount
Viscount

"No. All I know about it I already shared. I only think I spoke to this woman before. And of course I'll follow your advice master." Tulbas says taken back a little.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:42 am 
Knight
Knight

With the conversation done, Haahqae makes his way to the harbor district.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:45 pm 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Haahqae (Harbor District)
With that said and done, Haahqae makes his way out to the harbor district. Usually the ugliest part of the city, but with everything covered in a blanket of snow, it almost looks a bit pretty. Following the directions he was given, he finds the address he was looking for. It's an unassuming residence and appears abandoned.

Kendra and Tulbas (High Hand Inn)
Kendra, Tulbas and Magnus rejoin the others, and the entire group heads for the High Hand. Stepping inside they common room, they find the place isn't terribly busy right now. There are a handful of baaz in one corner talking, but they go very quiet upon seeing the group enter. A shady looking dwarf that Tulbas recognizes as Shima, is sitting alone, drinking. There are a handful of other patrons, as well. Behind the bar is an elderly plainswoman.

Gobax (Masked Dragon Inn)
Gobax orders the ale and bath and has a seat to wait. It will take some time to draw up a hot bath, especially in winter. As he's sitting and waiting, a tall and muscular human woman with red hair comes downstairs. She takes a seat not at his table, but at the table next to his, so she's sitting back to back with him. Quietly, she says, "Are you alone?"

Shima Longfoot (High Hand Inn)
Shima sits and waits. It'll be a couple more hours until noon.

However, something does happen. A large group arrives, stepping out of the cold and into the warm inn. He recognizes most of them. Raena, the dwarf he had dealings with once before, is with them. There are also Yvette and Xyleena, the mercs who betrayed Haahaqae. Tulbas, the elf they rescued from the snake people, is there. He is now wearing the black robes of the Order of Nuitari. Two more are wearing black robes, as well. One is a human man with his face covered with the cowl of his hood. The other one is a woman, her face is also covered. But the icon of the five headed dragon hangs from her neck, suggesting she is a cleric of Takhisis, not a mage. The last one is a human woman wearing black, spiked studded leather and wearing the emblem of the army. She has a pair of swords on her hip.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:57 pm 
Duke
Duke

Kendra looks around the inn silently for a few moments, taking a mental note of those present before she approaches the older woman at the bar. "Ah, excuse me," she says pleasantly to the older woman. Her pleasantness seems to be in contrast to how she looks. "I was wondering if I could have a few moments of your time, preferably in private."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:36 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Grubnick hesitates only a moment, but speaks quietly in answer just before taking a pull from his drink. Yes. What of it?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:48 am 
King
King

Shima looks at the mixed bunch of newcomers, interesting certainly but unsure if they represent a threat or opportunity.
Undecided he holds his position and continues nursing, but ears aflap once more.

Last edited by Chris1234 on Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:46 am 
Viscount
Viscount

Tulbas looks around, gives a small shake of his head to Shima meaning he should keep to his own business, and then keeps two steps behind Kendra.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:13 pm 
King
King

If he notices Tulbas' head shake, Shima definitely holds his position.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:25 pm 
Knight
Knight

The snow seems to have a great effect on making bad neighborhoods nicer. If it weren’t so damn cold I recommend it for everywhere.

Haahqae’s had rather bad luck with exploring abandoned residences in the past. Last time he tried doing it; his contact informed him that the whole plan was bogus and a waste of time; quickly followed by his learning that some of his least favorite people had just gotten more ill-gotten gains and were now somewhat powerful in the hierarchy of the city.

The time before that that Haahqae was exploring a supposedly abandoned residence; he was shot multiple times rather painfully and ended up using up a lot of resources so that he could get stolen from, have his rewards be destroyed by a “popular vote” of the group he had hired and rescued a man who continually fails to hold up his end of bargains until he eventually disappeared for weeks just when Haahqae needed him most.

Abandoned buildings in the harbor district are certainly NOT Haahqae’s favored terrain. But as mentioned, Haahqae really doesn’t have anything to do other than explore this abandoned building, and the other excursions did have a notable difference from this one; they both involved other people, while Haahqae is now alone.

So, Haahqae eventually decides to give this one a chance. He timidly edges towards the doorway and knocks twice, as instructed, then once more, then immediately jumps back, as if he expects the door to explode any second.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:25 pm 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

The door fails to explode. In fact, it doesn't do anything at all, for a good solid minute. Then it finally cracks open and a human male on the other side peeks through. "You want somethin'?" he asks suspiciously, glancing around to see if anyone else is nearby.

Kendra, Tulbas and Shima (High Hand Inn)
The old woman behind the bar looks nervous, especially seeing a woman in spiked armor, three people in black robes, and a half-ogre entering her bar. "Uh, what is this about?" she asks. "I am very busy with customers today."

Gobax (Masked Dragon Inn)
After a few moments of hesitation, the red haired woman quietly says, "Head up to room 6. Password is 'Platinum.' Make sure you aren't followed." She then gets up and heads to the bar casually.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:38 am 
Knight
Knight

The lack of an explosion is a little disappointing, but also heartening, until it becomes boring. Haahqae's almost convinced himself that he's got the wrong place and that he should try somewhere else when the opening door catches him a bit by surprise.

Riiight, there was something more then just knocking. What was that password again? "Uh yes quite. Want quite a few things actually. I'm not sure if you can help me, I was looking for a kingfisher? perhaps you know where to find one." Yeah, that's sure to be the password.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:52 pm 
Duke
Duke

Kendra takes another look around the High Hand before she turns back to the woman. "Yes, I realize you are extremely busy," she says. "Providing that we are allowed to speak to you, in private, then we shouldn't take too much of your precious time. So please," she says, motioning to the kitchen as that is probably the only place that is private enough for the time being.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:15 pm 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

The man looks around both corners again, then nods and steps aside to let the gnome in. "Hurry up, it's freezing out here."

Inside isn't much to look at. The place has been abandoned and not well cleaned for some time. The only furniture is a battered old table and some chairs, and an old rug on the floor. There are four humans here, including the one who let in Haahqae, all dressed in leather and armed with short swords. The other three humans sit at the table, and seem to be playing cards while trying to keep warm. "So you're the new guy, huh? Your guide will be here in a minute."

Kendra, Tulbas and Shima (High Hand Inn)
The woman, wide-eyed with terror, nods and steps back into the kitchen, as the group files in after her.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:50 pm 
Duke
Duke

"One of you stand guard near the kitchen door," Kendra says. She doesn't care who does it at this point, just as long as someone does it. There were people in the inn, and she didn't need them trying to overhear what was being said here. "It seems you have information that we need," she says to the old woman. "You've all ready got a good look at the company that I am with, and you all ready got a very good look at my armor," she points out. "You can probably imagine what we can do to people, so it is best for you if you just tell us what we need to know. Where are the rebels?" she asks.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 396 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 27  Next

Advanced search