Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:08 am

Advanced search

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 396 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: CH. 15 - Before the Dawn
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:55 am 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Having nothing whatsoever planned, Shima wanders down for breakfast and starts the day with a hearty one.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:54 pm 
Knight
Knight

With not much in terms of instructions and not wishing to look suspicious; Haahqae does what one does when they walk into an inn in a destitute city in the middle of the winter. He asks for a job. Sort of.

First; he makes sure to have eyes and ears peeled for any clues as to who left the note and why.
Keep watch, and tell me if you see or hear anything suspicious. Like people scheming or soldiers lying in wait for a trap or anything like that.

Then, after a brief pause to let circulation return to his hands; he saunters up to the bar in search of the innkeeper.

“Good morning. Times are tough and I heard rumors that someone here was looking for a little help with a job. Do you know if anyone’s offering work around these parts?”

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:23 pm 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Haahqae (Masked Dragon Inn)
The innkeeper eyes Haahqae with a bit of confusion. "A job? No, sorry. Nobody has mentioned anything like that to me before. Do you want to order something?"

Kendra Synclair (Prefect's Mansion)
"The proposition is simple," Tethys replies. "Now that your marriage has been annulled, I'd like you to become my wife. You will be governess and run this city by my side, not only as my protector, but as my equal."

Tulbas Erogund (Mageware Shop)
"I do," Magnus replies after they finish breakfast. "Or rather, the prefect does. We are to report to his mansion for a briefing. He has a mission for us of some kind. I only know it's apparently quite important. Get your gear. We'll be leaving immediately."

Gobax (High Hand Inn)
Gobax picks up the envelope and opens it. Inside is a note addressed to him specifically, written in Common. It reads, "We've been told you are no friend to the Empire. If you wish to strike back at them, come to the Masked Dragon today. Come alone and tell no one of this."

Shima Longfoot (High Hand Inn)
Shima heads downstairs and orders breakfast from Green Tears, who brings him a plate of fried eggs and bacon. It's the normal crowd of patrons around this morning. The local soldiers who usually show up and drink the place dry have not yet arrived, so the room is fairly quiet.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:19 pm 
Duke
Duke

The shock on Kendra's face isn't hard to miss as her eyes widen in surprise. Despite the fact she is standing still, she feels her legs wobble a bit as she tries to process what was just thrown at her. She suddenly starts thinking back on the past few months, about how fast she had moved up the ranks, about how kind (or at least kind in Tethys' terms) he has been to her. About, in just how the past two months, she has been treated almost as if she was all ready a governess. How was it that she has missed the signs that Tethys was subtlety trying to woo her? Though, once the initial shock wears off, she starts to actually think about the proposition. If what he says is true, then it was possible that with her being a ruling figure that she could help a lot of people. "You..." she starts to say but she pauses and lets out an awkward laugh as she runs her fingers through her hair nervously. "I'm not really sure what to say right now."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:04 am 
Emperor
Emperor

Gobax stares at the note for a long moment, the words taking a long time to set in... Why now... whynnot months ago when Delharn was first captured... why not ehen the occupation was fresh and not yet established... why not before... before... The goblin's hand tightened into a fist, crushing the paper as he clenched it tightly. Pain radiayed through hid hand as his nails dug intonhis own flesh; as his muscles ached from the strain. Eyelids clamped tight and the threat of new tears began to well up in the corners... but after months of this, he was all cried out... ... has it really been so long...? Seems only yesterday he was....

Grubnick shut that line of thinking down hard... wait... It was addressed to him specifically... that was troublesome... Slowly the goblin forced hisnhand to open. Unfolding the badly wrinkled note again he re-read it.
[What name did they use? gobax or Grubnick?]

It was either a trap or genuine... the only people he could think of that might suspect were... the people who tried to receuit Shima... or Belzor, bloody bastard that escaped because of those theives and our own reluctance... or the thieves and their new group... his hand tightened again, crushing the page a second time. He hoped it was them... they, he would very much like to kill... not for thievery... but for Delharn...

=====
Would you allow leaving a specific spell slot open so it can be filled later that day? For example, leaving his 3rd level slot open and taking 30 mins to pray for a 3rd level spell at some point during tne day?

thay damn musician and anyone

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:08 am 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Shima decides to sit and wait until lunchtime to see if anything interesting or worthwhile turns up.
He orders a long beer and a jug of water and finds a comfortable corner to sit in.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:48 pm 
Knight
Knight

"Well that's mighty strange. But I guess one can never trust all the rumors they hear. I suppose I'll take a drink while I figure out what I want to do next."

Maybe the note just happened to slip under his door by chance? Or in the window? Or maybe whomever sent it just isn't ready yet or hasn't noticed him. As Haahqae had noticed earlier there wasn't any sort of time frame to this meeting.

As long as the entire inn doesn't get torched. The army's been known to do that occasionally for no explained reason. Really, the army's been known to do a whole lot of horrible stuff for no explained reason. At least the mages in Wayreth try to make excuses as to why they do what they do. It makes it much more believable that they actually care about anything except themselves or impulsive destruction.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:46 pm 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Haahqae orders a drink and has a seat. The waitress brings him his drink and then walks off. Shortly after, Miriam comes downstairs. She scans the room, then approaches Haahqae. But she doesn't sit with him. Rather, she sits at the table next to his, taking the chair directly behind his own, so they are basically back to back.

Not turning to face him, but keeping her back to him, she says quietly, "Are you alone?"

"Of course," Tethys says. "You need time to think it over. It is a big decision, after all." He glances down at her nightgown. "Why don't you get dressed and cleaned up. Meet me in the dance hall when you're done. We can go over your new assignment there."

Gobax (High Hand Inn)
Gobax looks down at the name on the note. It is addressed to Gobax. For all intents and purposes, that is his name now. Not a single person in the city knows otherwise.

(OOC: Yeah, he can wait to fill it later, if he wants.)

Shima Longfoot (High Hand Inn)
One of the waitresses brings Shima his beer and water, and he makes himself comfortable in the corner, where he can see anyone come or go upstairs or out the front door.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:11 pm 
Duke
Duke

Kendra looks down at herself, as if she is just realizing she has been standing there in her nightgown. "Well, before that," she says as she walks over to her bed, grabs her robe and puts it on. "If I do agree to marry you, a marriage to me isn't going to harm your image is it?" she asks. She knows what it will do to her image in the long run. "And...why do you want to marry me?" she asks.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:03 am 
Emperor
Emperor

Thanks. He'll go for the lower level ones now and save the big one dor later. Harder to make those choices when you only have 1 slot at that level, lol.
======

Grubnick ponders a bit longer... Trap or no, something has to be done. And if it is a trap... then maybe at least i can take a few of them down... The goblin crumples the note once more and makes his prayers, saving his fibal request for later. Getting ready, he heads downstairs. He orders an ale from Green tears and goes to sit by the fire on this cold day. After a few minutes, when nobody is looking, he tosses the note into the flames.

=====
1st Level: Bless, Cure Light Wounds, Cure Light Wounds, Detect Snares & Pits, Magical Stone
2nd Level: Flame Blade, Hold Person, Hold Person, Fire Trap, Cure Moderate Wounds
3rd Level: [empty for now]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:33 am 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

If Shima sees Gobax come down and fiddle with the fire he'll then wander across and say, "Hey there! How you doing? Going to come and join me?"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:34 pm 
Knight
Knight

Haahqae's never liked Myriam much, especially since she was talking about stealing Ismene away from him all those months ago; but he also begrudgingly acknowledges her morality. Of all the people in the city that Haahqae mistrusts (which is all the people in the city); Myriam is near the bottom of the list.

So was it Myriam that sent the note? I thought she was trying to flee the city. Certainly she, of all people, wouldn't be in league with the army. She's made that part clear enough.

"Been alone ever since I left Nevermind."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:06 pm 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Miriam gives a long, deep sigh of frustration. After a few moments of hesitation, she quietly says, "Head up to room 6. Password is 'Platinum.' Make sure you aren't followed."

"Not at all," Tethys replies. "In fact, I think it would help my image considerably, as you are a native of Haven. It will help further legitimize my authority. Especially after the rebels have been eliminated. And why not you? You're a strong, beautiful, intelligent woman. I could not imagine anyone more suitable to be my partner."

Gobax and Shima (High Hand Inn)
After the message is tossed in the fires, a waitress brings Gobax the beer he ordered. A short time after that, he hears someone calling for him. He spots Shima approaching him.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:51 am 
Viscount
Viscount

Somewhat excited by the change, Tulbas quickly and a bit clumsily clears the table and runs off to the attic to grab his stuff. He then follows Magnus.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:59 am 
Knight
Knight

Haahqae doesn't leave immediately, but he also doesn't wait too long. Instead he finishes his drink and inconspicuously (as best he can) makes his way into the inn's inner rooms. He'll pause in the hallway to listen and look for anyone following him, then when he's confident that he's not being followed he'll find this room #6, knock and give the password.

(OoC: Haahqae will move silently, and if applicable, will hide while he's checking to see if he's followed. Also detect noise.)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 396 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27  Next

Advanced search