Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:55 pm

Advanced search

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: CH. 15 - Before the Dawn
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:22 pm 
Knight
Knight

Haahqae notices Gobax, vaguely druging up memories of him. Something like 'The most reliable and agreeable of a freaking ugly, stupid, unreliable and disagreeable race'. Hadn't he died a few months back? Apparently not it seems.

"Oh hi. I've been worse. Yes, I found her. Turns out I didn't need help with it after all."

On one hand, Gobax hasn't done much to impress on Haahqae that he isn't as ugly and stupid as other goblins, and Haahqae has more important matters to attend to then talking with one of their kind, but on the other hand, Gobax had been willing to help out and did appear to dislike the army and the backstabbing gutsuckers as much as a goblin possibly could. And it might help alleviate a little suspicion on Haahqae's activities if it appears that he's just come to the inn to chat with friends and stuff.

uhh... but what do you talk to a goblin about?

"How are you doing? It's sure been a while. Ever consider adding a little flair to your days? Given the time I've spent here; I can solidly say that I am the best juggler in the city. Patrons over at the tankard are misers however, so I save my best tricks for better paying customers whenever I can find them."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:06 pm 
Duke
Duke

Kendra looks over the two mages for a moment as they go back a forth on the matter. "...Magic," she finally says. "You both are magic users, and neither one of you has a spell that could get her to talk without resorting to violence?" she asks. "There isn't a spell that will get her to view one of you as a trusted friend?"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:25 pm 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Kendra and Tulbas (Prefect's Mansion)
Magnus looks to Kendra. "That's a rather oddly specific example," he points out. "There is such a spell, but I do not know it. However, I do have a spell that reads one's mind. Only the surface thoughts, however. She would need to be thinking about the information we need for me to extract it."

Shima Longfoot (High Hand Inn)
It was now about Fourth Watch (10 AM), so breakfast was just ending. A group of baaz come in and find a table to themselves and all order heavy liquor, despite the early hour.

ProfileWWW 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:14 am 
Count
Count

Shimano gazes into space, glass in hand but ignored, whilst trying to pick up anything said by the bass.

======
They may well speak in a language unknown to the dwarf but if he doesn't eavesdrop he wouldn't have the opportunity to hear if the conversations were understandable.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:26 am 
Baron
Baron

"I have a spell that would make her feel she is my friend, and even a close friend she will try to do much to help." Tulbas also looks at Kendra a bit astonished. "About our "friends" I just wanted to warn you... and about a better plan, we can pretend we are also working against the empire and gets into their ranks, and only when we find the leaders we will act. Otherwise they will be warned and get underground..." Tulbas says.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:04 pm 
Duke
Duke

"That was basically the plan I was thinking of," Kendra admits. "Pretend to want to join this rebel fraction, and then attack when it is too late," she explained. Honestly, she wanted to join the rebels. Though, she didn't know how to find them, so this was a step in the right direction.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:51 pm 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Magnus shakes his head. "That's a stupid plan, for two reasons. First, infiltrating the resistance and gaining their trust could take weeks, even months. I doubt the prefect will allow us that kind of time. He wants results now, not by summer. Second, I think you don't realize how well known this group is. I am the highest ranking wizard of this city, and you are my dark elf apprentice. Nora was once Darewind's second in command. The other four are agents of the church, well known for capturing the renegade cleric. And this one here," he says, gesturing to Kendra, "is the famous Hero of Haven. The resistance will know who we are and would have to be idiots to trust us. As for the old woman warning the rebels afterward, that's not a problem. We can take her into custody when we're done with her. Or just kill her. She's old anyway, so we're just speeding things up."

Shima tries to listen in on the Baaz conversation. Thankfully, they are speaking in plain Common. Unfortunately, he cannot hear them very well from where he is sitting. They are speaking to each other in low tones, trying not to be overheard.

===========

Shima makes a Detect Noise check [DN 45%] (1d100): 93, fail.

ProfileWWW 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:22 pm 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Oh? Well.. I'm glad you were able to find your friend and help her. You'll have to tell me how you managed that sometime. Oh yeah... you're a juggler.. um.. good one too if I recall.. sorry, I've just been really distracted lately about... everything... So, you planning to perform here, then? It was a shame about the other show... what with the fire and everything... He pauses for a long moment, not really sure what to say to the Gnome.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:17 pm 
Duke
Duke

"Fine," Kendra says calmly. The idea of killing the old woman does not sit well with her one little bit, but she can't let on that it bothers her. "Let's go speak to this old woman then."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:40 pm 
Count
Count

Shima gives up on that attempts and continues nursing his drinks.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:15 am 
Baron
Baron

"Wait. I see your point Master, but please give me few hours to check the tavern she is running first. If she is a contact point, rebels will meet her. We can disguise ourselves and check who is talking to her, or if there is a suspicious activity around her. All of us barge into the tavern won't progress us at all."

====================================================
(OOC: Is it possible to drop a spell and then study and rest for a different one? Tulbas can use 'Alter Self' to disguise himself)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:41 pm 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

"No," Magnus says. "We have no idea when the rebels will next make contact with her. It could be days. And even then, I doubt they are stupid enough to just walk into the inn and start openly speaking to her. They probably have some more covert way of communicating. We don't have time to waste around on this. The direct approach is best. Unless there's some other reason you have for stalling us?" he asks, eying Tulbas. "Are you hiding something we should know about?"

(OOC: Technically, yes, but you'd have to rest overnight to replace the dropped spell.)

Shima continues nursing his drink uninterrupted. It's a fairly quiet morning today, as the snow is likely discouraging too many people from stopping by.

ProfileWWW 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:03 am 
Knight
Knight

"Distracted? Two good ways to focus yourself are a drink and a long walk. I highly recommend both."

While the fire at the show nearly gave Haahqae a heart attack at the time, since then he's practically forgotten about it with all that has happened. The encounter with the dragon, getting a familiar to the scrambling at the loss of Ismene. Things that happened before just seem small in comparison.

"Oh no, no performance for this inn, at least not planned, maybe later. For now I've mostly been doing privately contracted work. It's supposed to pay well, but I don't find that's really the case. It is nice not having to set up fliers, and rent out the town square for every show though. And I've never been attacked again since then."

"Now I've been chasing a lead that might lead me to another job, so I shouldn't delay too long. Take care of yourself."

Do goblins take care of themselves? Well certainly this one was stinking less then he usually does, so he must take care of himself at least somewhat sometimes. It's probably not all that common amongst the race however.

Last edited by Haahque on Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:06 pm 
Duke
Duke

Kendra crosses her arms over her chest, and looks at Tulbas. She is mentally screaming at him to shut up, but she can't exactly say that so she just looks at him coldly. With Magus with them, there really wasn't much they could do about this situation at this time.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Advanced search