Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:40 pm

Advanced search

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: CH. 15 - Before the Dawn
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:43 pm 
Duke
Duke

Kendra motions for Tulbas to go first since he is the one that knows this dwarf.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:59 am 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Why would it get worse if you talk about it?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:42 am 
Marquis
Marquis

"It might, that's all," replies the dwarf. "Look, I don't know the way this thing works. Just that it's unpleasant."
He stares at the goblin.
"She wanted me to 'off' a woman."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:04 pm 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Kendra and Tulbas (High Hand Inn)
Magnus, Kendra and Tulbas head back inside the inn. Shima is still present; he's sitting at a table with Gobax, talking with him.

Gobax and Shima (High Hand Inn)
As the two are talking, the door opens and Magnus, Kendra and Tulbas step back inside and look toward them.

ProfileWWW 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:02 am 
Baron
Baron

Tulbas quickly join to Duo. "Hi. I can't explain much." He looks a second at Grubnick and nods as if he finally remembers who he was. "You need to get of the grid immediately or die. The prefect has started to act in full force and somehow I found myself on the wrong side." He whispers so only the two can hear him and making sure his back is to Magnus and Kendra. He then turns to Shima, "Do you know your way under ground, in the sewers?" He asks shortly.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:42 am 
Marquis
Marquis

Shima looks at the goblin for any reaction while answering carefully, "I'm a Pathfinder, so, yes, I can manage that. Having my own weapons back would help though." He mentions where they were locked up (OOC which Chris can't remember.)

Last edited by Chris1234 on Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:51 am 
Knight
Knight

“Well then aren’t you fortunate you have me? That way you won’t just pop up in the middle of the prefect’s manor, smelling like bog monsters and stumbling into a pair of guards that the baaz have probably posted near the exit to the sewers. Now, I just so happen to have been inside the manor once before; and I can tell you where the sewer exit exits to.”

Haahqae will then describe what he knows of the manor’s layout, and draw up a map on the back of his forged weapons permit to illustrate his point. When he’s done drawing his map and describing the manor; he’ll focus in on some of the more important points.

“I don’t know where the prefect’s office is; but it’s a pretty good bet that it’s not in the basement and not on the first floor. Which means we’re going to have quite a task to try and find it before they find us.”

“We need to deal with the smell. Fortunately it appears we’ll have a room with a little bit of privacy to deal with it. A mage would be best, an alchemist might be able to use some smell neutralizing salts or maybe I could rig up a gnomish device with enough time. We don’t want to be sneaking through the manor smelling like bog monsters, and we don’t want to be detected and fighting a dragon.”

“The room connected to the sewers is typically kept locked, but that shouldn’t be too much of a problem, it’s a fairly flimsy lock that can be easily picked.”

“The prison cells might be guarded, or they might have executed everyone who was held there, who knows. But we should expect the worst and plan to have to sneak past them or take them out without them raising the alarm.”

“It’s possible that the door at the other end of the prisons leads to a passage to the prefect’s office or something. I didn’t manage to investigate it on my last trip. We’re going to have to do a lot of scouting into unknown and dangerous territory; something which might be best for me to do alone.”

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:48 pm 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Lotta people dying these days. he says flatly to Tulbas in the same quiet level the elf is using so none others can see or hear.[/color]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:52 pm 
Duke
Duke

Kendra crosses her arms over her chest as she watches Tulbas with Shima and Gobax. She takes note that he seems to be talking more than what she can actually hear, which makes her slightly nervous. ~He is getting bold when Magnus is standing right here,~ she thinks to herself. "We might be willing to retrieve a few of your weapons providing that you act as our guide," Kendra says from where she is standing. "We don't have much time, so do you agree to those terms?" she asks.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:58 am 
Baron
Baron

Tulbas finished his part engaging Shima, now while Kendra proceeds with it he shifts his mind to Grubnick [OOC] I forgot, what is the fake name Gobax or Grubnick?[/OOC]. "You are not troubled? Hmmm... you could join us but it might be very dangerous to you." With that he decides to speak no more to avoid raising suspicion.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:52 pm 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Haahqae (Sewers)
"This is all very helpful," Coroccoco says, looking over the map. "I will bring this to our leaders to look over. It should aid greatly in making our plan."

Kendra, Tulbas, Gobax and Shima (High Hand Inn)
Magnus, who has been standing right there behind Tulbas the whole time, places a hand on the elf's shoulder and squeezes enough that it starts to hurt. "No need for whispering, is there? Remember, apprentice...if I can read that old woman's mind, I can ready anyone's. I think we will need to have a nice, long conversation when we return home tonight."

To the dwarf, Magnus says, "Congratulations. Everyone I've spoken to about you claims you are completely useless, but for whatever reason, my apprentice seems to think you will be useful to us. Therefore you have been volunteered to join us on a little job. There is no negotiation and you won't be needing weapons. Screw up or try and betray us, and Tulbas here has agreed to deal with you personally. Isn't that right, apprentice?" He looks back to Shima. "We leave now. Let's go."

ProfileWWW 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:48 pm 
Duke
Duke

Kendra shrugs at this point, obviously not caring on how they handle the Shima situation too much, and turns to leave the inn once again to rejoin the rest of their group. Speaking to Tulbas about his very obvious mistake in whispering to those people was pointless as it was obvious that Magnus had picked up on it. She didn't know if Magnus was going to protect him or not, but at the very least she felt that Tulbas was going to be punished in some way. "Let's get this over with," she comments.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:54 am 
Baron
Baron

Tulbas thinks 'I knew you could. I've nothing to hide.' And follows the rest.

=====================================================================
(OOC:

JadedDM wrote:
Kendra and Tulbas (High Hand Inn)
Magnus, Kendra and Tulbas head back inside the inn. Shima is still present; he's sitting at a table with Gobax, talking with him.

Gobax and Shima (High Hand Inn)
As the two are talking, the door opens and Magnus, Kendra and Tulbas step back inside and look toward them.

BishGada wrote:
Tulbas quickly join to Duo. "Hi. I can't explain much."

As far as I saw the scene, which I believed reflected by what I wrote, Kendra and Magnus are at the door and Tulbas which was previously instructed to speak with Shima goes quickly to the bar. With the noise in the bar usually it is impossible to hear from the door if people at the bar are talking or whispering since you can't hear anything especially when they watch your back. In fact I was surprised that Kendra was near Tulbas, but I let it go as it could develop the adventure. Indeed it developed but in the wrong way... Under these assumptions it seems Magnus appeared miraculously fast behind him, since Tulbas did all his actions very quickly (as was written in the post, he moved quickly and kept only two short sentences).

I was also aware of the mind reading spell but again I assumed specific info need to be asked and on top of it I assumed time that already passed for "interrogation + murder+going out + discussions + going in" and range and reason for suspicion. I might had to be more careful about the last assumption (reason for suspicion). You can always be more careful but why be adventurer at all. I played the risk also with some OOC agenda to try to glue more players to the same in-game group.

Having said that, I don't care to follow your interpretation and see where it leads but I felt I ought explain my reasoning. (I hope my actions seems less foolish with the explanation, and if not, well, we have a saying "A complete fool, but an optimistic one.").
)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:39 am 
Marquis
Marquis

Shima thinks back to his days at home where the conversations with his mother were in dwarven, slipping his thoughts into a mixture of dwarven and Cant, focusing on memories of his mother's cooking, then stands up, steps round the elf and heads off to the kitchen.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:52 pm 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Kendra, Tulbas, Gobax and Shima (High Hand Inn)
Kendra, Tulbas and Magnus turn to head outside, but are surprised when Shima, instead of joining them, walks into the kitchen instead. Green Tears' body is still present, and a couple of the wait staff are trying to cover her up. When they see the dwarf, dressed all in black leather, walk in, they appear startled and afraid of what he might do.

"Where the Abyss does he think he's going?" demands Magnus, unamused.

==========

(OOC: BishGada, I think you are misunderstanding what happened.

Kendra, Tulbas and Magnus all entered the inn together. The only way Tulbas got to Gobax and Shima first was if he marathon sprinted there, full tilt. As hilarious as that sounds, it would have been pretty obvious to Magnus that Tulbas was doing this to hide something--he's not an idiot. Second, it would have taken Kendra and Magnus all of six seconds to catch up with him, even moving at their normal pace--the inn common room is not that big. So that would have been barely enough time for Tulbas to whisper one sentence, at best, not a back and forth with them. Magnus isn't going to just stand in the doorway for several minutes for no reason.

Also, the mind reading spell is not still active. Magnus was warning Tulbas not to hide anything from him. "If I'm capable of reading her mind, I'm capable of reading yours." Magnus, again, is not an idiot. It's clear Tulbas is trying to hide something from him. First, he insists on bringing Shima along despite the fact that Nora has vouched against him. Second, he enters the inn and apparently runs at full speed, like he's in an Olympic dash, to their table and starts whispering to them. Tulbas is acting very suspicious and Magnus can clearly see this.)

ProfileWWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Advanced search