Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:23 am

Advanced search

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 388 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: CH. 14: Darkest Hour
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:29 pm 
Duke
Duke

"What?" Kendra asks in surprise. "You...want me to execute the cleric that has been causing all this trouble in Haven?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:13 pm 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Kendra Synclair (Prefect's Mansion)
"Of course," Tethys replies, returning to his desk. "Who better than the woman whom he attacked twice? There's a poetic justice to it. Besides, the people will want to see the Hero of Haven serve justice. You are the face of our new recruitment efforts, after all."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:15 pm 
Duke
Duke

"When is this execution?" Kendra asks.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:13 pm 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

"Why not this evening?" Tethys answers. "I realize it's a bit short notice, but that might work better. We'll still draw a decent sized crowd and they can spread the word the rest of the way. And although the church claims he was only working with one other, the same one that was killed in the Happee Ohgr fire...still, I'd rather not take the chance that anyone else might try and free him. Besides, letting him linger much longer is a bit inhumane. I've seen what the church did to him. It wasn't pretty."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:23 pm 
Duke
Duke

"All right," Kendra says. "I've never done an execution before," she admits. She wasn't really sure she could do it either. "Though, now that we have caught this man, does that mean that the trade guild will be freed?" she asked.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:57 am 
Viscount
Viscount

Tulbas, stares still at Magnus. He shakes with rage for a while and the tremors gets stronger. He is confused. On one hand he killed the one who brought so much sorrow to his life. On the other hand he still lost Raetmal, and Magnus was his current mentor... and... only now he realizes it, his protector. Now the Red Army have nothing that will stop them from killing him. He feels no satisfaction, only dread, but at some point he returns to his senses and looks at Selowen. 'She might think I'm a cold blood murderer, but I must try to get her to safety in any case.' He looks again at Magnus body and oddly doesn't feel regret. Well, he will have to do on his own now. "Keep watching. I'll search the fallen." He says and searches the bodies around.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:02 pm 
Knight
Knight

As he bathes, Haahqae continues talking to his familliar.

That's not quite true, but it's pretty close. There are other gnomes a long way away, but she is the only one I'll see this winter, and she's probably the only potential mate I will meet for many years to come. And depending on my luck, she might be the only gnomish girl I ever meet from now until I finish my life-quest. Given my luck recently, I would rather not wait.

Besides, she's a very nice girl and she didn't deserve what happened to her; Not in the least. Heroes should find someone in their time of need and help them, not hide away until the danger is gone like a coward. That sort of thinking leaves one with a life quest left unfulfilled.

Once he's done washing, he'll set out on his way towards the prefect's mansion.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:25 pm 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Haahqae (Noble District Entrance)
Haahqae leaves the Masked Dragon and starts heading for the noble district. This area is entirely walled off from the rest of the city, so there is only one entrance that is well guarded by a contingent of draconians. Only those with special permission included on their ID papers is allowed to enter this area.

Tethys tents his hands in thought. "Hmmm...possibly. It is possible that all of these acts of rebellion were the work of these two heretic clerics and not some organized resistance. If that is true...then there should be no further issues and things should quiet down. So, assuming there are no further attacks or break ins, then yes, I might be willing to let them go. But not the one who actually attacked me--Gregeddin. Come to think of it, he should be executed, as well. That will, hopefully, put an end to all of our problems once and for all."

Tulbas Erogund (Tower of Wayreth, Unknown Floor on AT 15)
Tulbas begins his search with Magnus himself. Aside from his clothes, he's carrying a steel broach, a silver ring, a scroll with magical script on it, a dagger, three spellbooks (likely all trapped, knowing Magnus) and a sack of coin.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:26 pm 
Duke
Duke

"You....You aren't going to have me execute him too, are you?" Kendra asks.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:17 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Well, healer not herbalist. Umm... as for taking your clothes off, that can wait i think. And really I only need to see where the wounds are.

When talk moves to the sewers, Grubnick keeps his voice low and maintains a watch as well. Well... i was just thinking about reaching different parts of the city... i don't mind the smell and those checkpoints can be kind of annoying... Do you know... is there an entrance, say, near the High Hand, for example?

[Jaded: are there any obvious sewer entrances Grubnick would be aware of or able to spot in-passing?]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:08 pm 
Knight
Knight

Perhaps I'll look into getting the proper papers to get in here without a hassle later. Once I know more about my target it might give insight as to how best to approach it. Haahqae mentions to Miracle as he casts his eye around for a secluded spot he can vanish.

When he finds a spot where he can cast invisibility on himself with no one being the wiser, he does so and follows the next person passing through the gate into the noble district. He then makes his way to Tethys's manor to see what it looks like.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:10 pm 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Haahqae (Wrackham Road)
After finding a private place to make himself invisible, Haahqae bypasses the checkpoint and enters the noble district. Following Wrackham Road up to the prefect's mansion. The two story, two wing mansion looks exactly as it did the last time he saw it, but with one notable difference. This time there isn't a red dragon sitting on the rooftop, watching everyone who passes by.

(OOC: Haahqae casts Invisibility on himself.)

"Did you wish to?" asks Tethys. "After all, if what you believe is true--that the Trade Guild has nothing to do with his actions, then it's his fault your husband has been imprisoned for the past month. You would certainly be justified in asking for that."

Gobax and Shima (Market Street)
(OOC: There are obvious openings in the streets, but always within sight of any checkpoints.)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:34 pm 
Duke
Duke

"No," Kendra says with a shake of her head. She could justify killing the cleric as her life was personally on the line. "Speaking of which. May I visit my husband today?" she asks. "I haven't had the chance to visit him in some time with all that has been going on."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:16 am 
Knight
Knight

The lack of a dragon is a little confusing to Haahqae. He was pretty sure that it was the dragon itself which was the super anti-invisible defense that they were using to keep Ismene locked up, and without it scanning everyone who passed by how could they ensure that she couldn't escape?

Oh right, it might be inside, keeping a closer eye on her. Maybe she was locked up in a cage in the dragon's lair itself, that would cause quite a few problems... Or maybe there was some other anti-invisible defenses built into the mansion that he hadn't detected yet. Or maybe Ismene wasn't here, but was instead locked up in the keep or another location.

Regardless, it was probably best to start off with keeping his distance and casing the place. While invisible he circles the manor and scouts out all the enterances and exits to the building that he can see; be they doors or windows, closed or open; making special note of any windows that appear to be barred in a keep-prisoners-here sort of way. He'll also look for doors/windows/balconies on the second floor, as he's fairly confident in his ability to climb, especially when assisted by magic. And, he'll keep his eye out for guards keeping guard or anyone who enters or exits the mansion, as well as any security measures he can see.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:48 am 
King
King

"I see. Tell me when you're ready to look at them," replies Shima with a grateful smile. "Hmm well the checkpoints seem to pretty much all be set within sight of the sewer entrances. I don't think it's accidental. I might be able to help though, but I'd need to investigate a bit. Where is it that you want to go to?"

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 388 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 26  Next

Advanced search