Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:17 am

Advanced search




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 388 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 26  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: CH. 14: Darkest Hour
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 1:00 pm 
Offline
King
King

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7707
"This one's different. He's my friend. But if that's a problem, we can leave now," responds Shima, keeping one hand on his companion' s arm.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: CH. 14: Darkest Hour
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 6:39 pm 
Offline
Emperor
Emperor
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 8778
Location:
somewhere in the aether
Gobax lets Shima do most of the talking, but says quietly Came to Haven before all of this chamge hit the city. I'm not a native, but i'm not with the occupation either.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: CH. 14: Darkest Hour
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 1:40 am 
Offline
Viscount
Viscount
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:54 pm
Posts: 3006
Tulbas draws his dagger in one hand standing on the edge of the puddle to force Jinali inside or expose herself for his attack. In the same time he casts 'Spectral Hand'.

'Ghostly extension of my will,
Can transfer fire or chill,
Will overcome distance across,
And strike with spectacular force.'



======================================================
(OOC: Tulbas casts spectral hand and tries to keep Jinali at the puddle.)


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: CH. 14: Darkest Hour
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 12:45 am 
Offline
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:00 am
Posts: 11390
Location:
Washington, USA
Tulbas Erogund (Tower of Wayreth, Unknown Floor on AT 15)
Jinali is not intimidated by the dagger and takes another swing at Tulbas, trying to shock him. He manages to evade and then cast Spectral Hand.

Initiative
Tulbas (1d10+1): 10+1 = 10
Jinali (1d10+1): 6+1 = 7

Round 7!

Jinali attempts to touch Tulbas with Shocking Grasp while he is shielded (-6 hit) [TN 10] (1d20-6): 5-6 = -1, miss.
Tulbas casts Spectral Hand for 8 rounds.

(OOC: Actions for Round 8?)

Gobax and Shima (Grinning Goat Tavern)
The woman crosses her arms. "A dwarf that's friends with a goblin? That seems pretty suspicious to me." She looks to Gobax and wrinkles her nose; she clearly does not enjoy the pungent aroma he has been cultivating the past two weeks. "What exactly did the dwarf tell you about this job?"


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: CH. 14: Darkest Hour
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 4:06 am 
Offline
Emperor
Emperor
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 8778
Location:
somewhere in the aether
Gobax shrugs, Just that he and a couple of other guys i know were working a job together. I know one of the, died and the other one has disappeared. Not really anything else.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: CH. 14: Darkest Hour
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 4:32 am 
Offline
King
King

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7707
Shima looks at 'Jane' half expecting her to go on a goblinophobic rant.
"You said to say nothing.." and trails off.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: CH. 14: Darkest Hour
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 11:50 am 
Offline
Viscount
Viscount
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:54 pm
Posts: 3006
Tulbas casts 'Shocking Grasp' of his own and tries to strike Jinali with the spectral hand.

'Chills goes deep,
down to the bone,
As with the winter sleep,
Your strength will be gone.'


===================================================
(OOC: Isn't Jinali still in the Grease puddle and need to run saving throw?)


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: CH. 14: Darkest Hour
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 8:02 pm 
Offline
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:00 am
Posts: 11390
Location:
Washington, USA
Tulbas Erogund (Tower of Wayreth, Unknown Floor on AT 15)
Jinali makes another lunge at Tulbas with her shocking fists, but his various protection spells shield him. Tulbas then quickly casts another spell, causing his hands--and the spectral hand still floating overhead--to start to glow with a blue, unearthly glow.

Initiative
Tulbas (1d10+1): 8+1 = 9
Jinali (1d10+1): 4+1 = 5

Round 8!

Jinali attempts to touch Tulbas with Shocking Grasp while he is shielded (-6 hit) [TN 10] (1d20-6): 11-6 = 5, miss.
Tulbas casts Chill Touch for 7 rounds.

(OOC: I assume you meant to say he casts Chill Touch, since he doesn't know Shocking Grasp. And no, Jinali made her saving throw, so escaped the grease. Actions for Round 9?)

Gobax and Shima (Grinning Goat Tavern)
"You weren't supposed to even mention there was a job at all!" she snaps at Shima. "So let me make this clear. If either of you breathe even a word about this; that there is a job, that I gave it to you, what the job entails--anything--then I'll see to it that you both 'disappear' just like your friend did, understand?" She eyes them both menacingly. "Don't make the mistake of not taking me seriously. I can have your throats slit tonight while you sleep if you cross me. Is that clear?"


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: CH. 14: Darkest Hour
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 8:22 pm 
Offline
Duke
Duke
User avatar

Joined:
Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:36 pm
Posts: 5159
Location:
Washington
"You don't think you being....locked up like this will make your business suffer when you get out, do you?" Kendra asks.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: CH. 14: Darkest Hour
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 8:27 pm 
Offline
Emperor
Emperor
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 8778
Location:
somewhere in the aether
Gobax gives the woman a dark look. I don't know who you are, and i don't really care. You don't want me to say anything, fine; but i don't respond well to threats. He glares at her.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: CH. 14: Darkest Hour
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 10:41 pm 
Offline
King
King

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7707
"Had enough? None of this was for me," Shima asks Gobax.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: CH. 14: Darkest Hour
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 10:33 am 
Offline
Viscount
Viscount
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:54 pm
Posts: 3006
Tulbas attacks Jinali with the spectral hand passing the Chill Touch influence and keeps long distance from Jinali.

===========================================================
(OOC: Yes, I completely mixed up the spells. It seems I read the description of chill touch and since Jinalli casted Shocking grasp I "glued" the content to that. It also means Tulbas doesn't know she casted shocking grasp as I thought before...
Anyway, Tulbas theoretically can attack Jinali from 50 yards so he will try to keep safe distance. I also think the spectral hand gives him some bonus to the attack.)


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: CH. 14: Darkest Hour
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:05 pm 
Offline
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:00 am
Posts: 11390
Location:
Washington, USA
Kendra Synclair (Prefect's Mansion)
"I hope not," Norris says. "If so, there's not much that can be done about it. But as the entire Trade Guild was arrested...hopefully that means I won't be singled out in particular."

Tulbas Erogund (Tower of Wayreth, Unknown Floor on AT 15)
Tulbas tries to avoid Jinali while sending his spectral hand after her. It strikes her, and she starts shivering from the otherworldly chill. Nevertheless, she keeps fighting. Chasing him down, she takes another swing at him, but his protection spells keep him safe for now.

Initiative
Tulbas (1d10+1): 1+1 = 2
Jinali (1d10+1): 5+1 = 6

Round 9!

Tulbas attempts to touch Jinali with his spectral hand (+2 hit) while she is protected (-2 hit) [TN 9] (1d20): 19, success.
----Jinali saves vs. spell [TN 12] (1d20): 11, fail. She takes (1d4): 4 damage and loses 1 point of STR. She is now critically wounded.
Jinali attempts to touch Tulbas with Shocking Grasp while he is shielded (-6 hit) [TN 10] (1d20-6): 7-6 = 1, miss.

(OOC: Actions for Round 10?)

Gobax and Shima (Grinning Goat Tavern)
"I just want to be clear. Sorry if I come off too harsh, but your 'friend' here," she says, gesturing to Shima, "has been giving me the runaround for awhile now. The fact that the two I actually wanted for the job wound up dead and missing respectively seems pretty suspicious, too. Really, you might be in more danger from him than me." She frowns at the shady looking dwarf. "At this point, he's either killing off his competition or just cursed."


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: CH. 14: Darkest Hour
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 10:27 pm 
Offline
King
King

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7707
"The latter, definitely," replies Shima without blinking an eye.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: CH. 14: Darkest Hour
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:43 am 
Offline
Knight
Knight
User avatar

Joined:
Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:14 am
Posts: 1570
Location:
Toronto
As Haahqae waits for Ismene he goes over all the scenarios in his mind. If she’s not here, then she might be locked up in the same room as the dragon; that would allow the dragon to keep an eye on her and stop her from doing anything invisible. The only other option is the barracks or she was taken out of the city.
But where does the dragon roost? It didn’t have anywhere on the first floor that he could see, and he didn’t see any holes in the wall on the second floor that it could have entered the house from. Maybe it had an entrance from the roof? But in the barracks the dragon room didn’t have a visible roof entrance large enough for a dragon. How the heck did those things get into the building? They’re HUGE!

But maybe dragons can get in small roof entrances like the one the treasury had. It’s really hard to come up with any other explanation. It’s a long shot, but the most important thing is Haahqae has an opportunity to scout now that there is no dragon here, so he damned well use it to its fullest potential, and there’s only one other opportunity he has that he hasn’t tried yet. It’s time to try the roof.

Circling back around to the cells near the greenhouse, Haahqae casts spider climb on himself, and climbs up the wall to investigate any openings to the building on the roof.

_________________
Veni Vidi Vici


Top
  Profile 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 388 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 26  Next

Advanced search


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group