Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:45 pm

Advanced search

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 323 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: CH. 14: Darkest Hour
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 9:15 pm 
Prince
Prince

Don't get paranoid. he says flatly. You can't renegotiate the deal? Ok. But i'm not risking my neck for info i already have. You're obviously very cautious, well so am i. I don't like people knowing my business, so if i can use the sewer to get around my life gets easier. It's that simple. If there's no map, there's nothing for it. But if you can't negotiate, then we're at an impasse. Grubnick turns as if to go, Unless you can get in touch with someone who can negotiate. If your job really needs doing and you don't think this one, he nods towards Shima, is capable alone; i don't know what else you can do. I doubt anyone else is looking for the exact same information you're offering.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 10:41 pm 
Count
Count

"I've told you no lies so pull your head in. I did get healed at the temple so I could continue doing your job and got a bad luck curse for my trouble. As he says, I can't do the job alone, so good luck with that," replies Shima flatly and heads towards the door too.
The dwarf then pauses and turns round to speak further the woman, "I don't remember if I told you already, but the bastards confiscated all my weapons because I happened to be sharing a house with someone that they arrested. And, before you ask, I had nothing to with either what he was supposed to have been doing nor involved with getting him arrested. And I don't actually know why he was arrested. But they do have my weapons and bloody good ones they were too. Frankly, this town, or the people currently running it rather, are a pain in the bum. If they didn't still have my weapons I'd have left long before now."

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:07 am 
Knight
Knight

EXECUTION! No! They have no grounds. She’s innocent! There’s no way they’d execute an innocent gnome. What kind of monsters could they be?

Haahqae’s really doesn’t want to go to the market square now; but if there’s the faintest possibility that they’re going to be executing Ismene, he has to do something. Anything.

Until he can come up with a plan that doesn’t involve leaving Ismene for another day when she’s potentially in danger; Haahqae goes to the market square to see what’s happening there.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:13 pm 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Haahqae (Grand Market)
'I don't understand,' Miracle says. 'If they intend to kill your mate, shouldn't we be trying to rescue her instead?'

Nevertheless, Haahqae heads to the market square. Of course, the butler had only just given the order so nothing is there yet. The soldiers haven't even started building the gallows yet. Likely it will be a couple of hours before they do that and finish it.

Kendra Synclair (Prefect's Mansion)
"Tarnish? Quite the opposite!" Tethys says. "A hero delivering justice to a madman that tried to kill her twice, unleashed a monster on the citizens and started numerous fires? The people will lap it up. If anything, it will further your fame."

Gobax and Shima (Grinning Goat Tavern)
"Maybe that's for the best," the woman says. "We aren't in the habit of hiring goblins anyway. They tend to be traitorous and cowardly, in my experience."

To Shima, she says, "I don't know what that has to do with me. When you went to the old fort and asked for them back, what did they say? Or did you even think to do that?" She shrugs. "Even if you had them, where would you go? The occupation has taken all of Abanasinia...probably all of Ansalon at this point. Well, whatever. It seems our contract is no good anymore. I'll find someone else to finish the job. But remember, if you breathe a word to it to anyone, I'll see to it that you won't live long enough to regret it."

=========

Gobax makes a CHA check [TN 6] (1d20): 12, fail.

(OOC: I see you edited your post since you made it, Chris. This conversation would have gone very differently if you had not!)

ProfileWWW 

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:22 pm 
Prince
Prince

Grubnick resists the urge to sneer at the woman. Instead he calms himself with a slow breath. If you approach every one with that attitude i'd expect it will be pretty difficult to change your mind. Still, i don't really get along with most of "my kind" either. He says, emphasizing the term slightly. Raising a hand in farewell he says, Luck to you. and heads outside.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:48 pm 
Duke
Duke

Kendra laughs lightly, and shakes her head. "I guess that means I'll have even more people following me home."

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 10:18 pm 
Count
Count

"Thanks for your advice," Shima replies to the woman.
"Sorry it didn't work out," he adds to Gobax. "I wish you the best in your endeavors."

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 5:02 am 
Prince
Prince

Once outside, Grubnick shrugs. Not your doing. I'm surprised she couldn't, or wouldn't, negotiate... She seemed to dislike me on-sight. Gobax sighs quietly, Which isn't all that unusual to tell the truth. He scratches the larhe scar on his face idly, Friend of mine used to say I looked like I used my face for an anvil at an all-night smithy. he chuckles. And goblins aren't terribly popular just now. he says with a smirk. So what are you up to today? I still need to check your injuries every hour or so.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:18 am 
Count
Count

"I'm going to finish the job I started. I promised that to both the one that's dead and the one that's disappeared," replies Shima, matter of factly. "Unless there's anything you wanted help with? It's not like I have anything else to do."

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 12:18 pm 
Baron
Baron

'I wish she was normal...' Tulbas thinks to himself, breaths deeply and attacks again with the ghostly hand.

=======================================================================
(OOC: I thought I've posted attacking again yesterday... I guess I only planned to and got interrupted.)

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:48 pm 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Kendra Synclair (Prefect's Mansion)
"Well, there's an easy enough way to solve that problem," Tethys says. "You could always move in here. All of your needs would be taken care of, and I'd feel safer knowing you were in the same house should any more attacks occur."

Tulbas Erogund (Tower of Wayreth, Unknown Floor on AT 15)
The two continue their exchange, but neither can get the upper hand. The protection from evil spell on Tulbas fades, as does the grease puddle that failed to ensnare Jinali. If Tulbas is unable to finish her off before the rest of his spells end, she may take him down instead!

Initiative
Tulbas (1d10+1): 2+3 = 5
Jinali (1d10+1): 1+3 = 4

Round 13!

Jinali attempts to touch Tulbas with Shocking Grasp while he is shielded (-6 hit) [TN 10] (1d20-6): 10-6 = 4, miss.
Tulbas attempts to touch Jinali with his spectral hand (+2 hit) while she is protected (-2 hit) [TN 9] (1d20+2): 2+2 = 4, miss.

Protection from Evil and Grease end.

(OOC: Actions for Round 14?)

ProfileWWW 

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:21 am 
Knight
Knight

Of course I need to rescue her, but, I don't know where she is. You checked all of the cells in the manor and she isn't there. Which means either she's in some spot in the mannor that we can't get to, or she's in the keep. Or she's in the temple. But I don't think she's in the temple. Maybe I should try the keep now, I did get into it once before, I can probably do it again.

The keep, being pretty close to the market square is a short enough jog that Haahqae can get there, investigate and easily have time to get back before the execution starts, So Haahqae jogs over and tries to find a good time to slip into the keep invisible.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:33 am 
Baron
Baron

Tulbas starts to get annoyed by the continuous fails. He concentrates again, and does his best to finish her off.

===========================================
(OOC: Yep... I thought about it. She is weakened, on the brink of death, but saves very well against spells :))

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 7:48 am 
Prince
Prince

Gobax gives the dwarf an odd look. You're going to finish it anyway? he asks. She already told you she is going to find someone else to do it. Plus, Now I can't go with you because she didn't hire me and she'll try to kill us both if you tell me anything. You said you can't do it alone, and now you can't even ask her about bringing anyone else because you're off the job. The goblin shakes his head, Sounds suicidal, plain and simple.

He sighs, realizing he wasn't sure what else to do. I don't know... Hey, you said something about sewer entrances. Maybe we can check that out instead?

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:32 am 
Count
Count

"Sure. If you find a sewer entrance that you want help exploring, I'm happy to help. But we would want weapons down there, I suspect," replies Shima.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 323 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 22  Next

Advanced search