Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:36 pm

Advanced search

Forum rules

Please stay on topic at all times. Also, please use proper topic titles to help keep these forums organized. *Use gaming style, gaming type etc in titles* IE: Looking for players in a 3.5e D&D campaign.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: Seeking a game
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:54 am 
Peasant
Peasant

Hey. I am interested in trying out this play by email or message board for the first time. I am comfortable with 2 and 3rd edition D&D rules.

Post subject: Re: Seeking a game
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:48 pm 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Hi, welcome to the boards.

You might want to check the games we have running and if you see anything you like, drop the DM a PM.
Glad to have you on board

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Getting a reputation)
Borderlands - Angel Half Elf Fighter (Fighting off Zombies)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Killing Nisserrr [Goblins])
Waterdeep 5.0 - Calarina Lock Human Cleric (Looking for work)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:50 pm 
Baronet
Baronet

Is there any particular one that interests you?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:01 pm 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Hello, Rivers, and welcome to Planet.

Currently there are five active games here, and all of them are 2nd Edition, coincidentally enough. Of those five games, I run three of them.

Unlikely Heroes is a low-to-mid level (5-7) Dragonlance game. However, it is planned to end in 8 months, so isn't currently accepting new players.

My other two games, however, are open to new players. They are War of the Lance, a low level (1-2) game also set in Dragonlance, during the titular war. If you are unfamiliar with the setting of Dragonlance, basically this is a world that is being swept by a horrible war. The party are citizens in a small city called Haven harboring filled to overflowing with refugees. Although Haven itself is untouched by the war so far (aside from the refugees, that is), the party must deal with the city's many problems, including a strict theocracy trying to keep things peaceful, thousands of homeless refugees causing complications, scary rumors of war to the north with demons and dragons, mass poverty as resources become thinner, and strange cults popping up as people turn to wherever they can for hope.

The other is Lost Souls, a low level (3-4) game set in my homebrewed world of Amtar, centered around a group of tropical islands. The party must deal with pirates, sea monsters, smugglers, and all other manner of naval encounters while on a journey of self-discovery, trying to figure out who they are, what they want out of life, and how to obtain it. It's essentially an open sandbox, and what the party does, where they go, and why, is up to them.

I'll also likely be starting up a new game when Unlikely Heroes ends--but as I said, that's estimated to be in about 8 months, so you probably won't want to wait that long.

However, if you are interested in joining either War of the Lance or Lost Souls, let me know.

ProfileWWW 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:25 pm 
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Hello Rivers,

welcome to the gaming forums from the third active DM here.
Currently, I am hosting the Valckenburg stories, but the first of the homebrew modules I play there is coming to its close, and I'm not sure I'll find the time to think up a continuation anytime soon.

However, I'll be able to continue "The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh" soon. That game was put on hold last summer because two players stopped logging in without explanation and a third wanted to concentrate on her exams. Those are now concluded. It would be easy to incude someone new. All other characters are low-level (2-4, most are 3).

The game is listed in the "Greyhawk" section because the first DM placed it there. However, I do not have any material on this world and the modules I'm running are unspecific.
The adventures take place in a rocky coastland with temperate climate. The intention is to run a series of old modules in this setting, perhaps with more changes of DMs as we go along.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:32 am 
Peasant
Peasant

I would be interested in the Wotl game to start with, if you will have me. Seeing how that goes, I may join another.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:55 am 
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Hello Rivers,
I recently joined in august and have really been enjoying the WOTL game. It has also been my first experience of D&D and Jaded is really good with the dice rolls etc that I haven't fully mastered yet.

-Brelia, I may also be interested in joining Saltmarsh at some point in the future. If it helps, to have two new people at the same time, im not sure. :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:05 pm 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

The ironic thing is that the whole reason Saltmarsh was started in the first place was for the sake of Robbo and MuffinMan, as they had been abandoned by Elvenoff when he left Planet. Now they have abandoned Saltmarsh. Circle of life, I guess?

Anyway, Rivers--I've added you to the War of the Lance game. You should be able to post there now. Please post in the 'WotL OOC Thread' to confirm this, and introduce yourself to the other players. And we'll move on from there.

ProfileWWW 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:55 am 
Viscount
Viscount

Bertila, I would also like to join Saltmarch when it is back on if possible.
Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:12 pm 
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

I would post my interest in joining the the OOC thread, although I do not have the appropriate permissions, so like BishGada I'll post here :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:15 pm 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

It just now occurred to me that Saltmarsh has no official 'recruitment' thread in the 'DM's Seeking Players' forum. You may wish to open one up Breila so future users can apply, if they wish.

ProfileWWW 

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 

Advanced search