Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:38 pm

Advanced search


Forum rules


Players should expect to post two to three times per week. 

Players should have a working knowledge of Second Edition AD&D

Experienced adult/mature players are preferred.

No munchkins allowed, and min-maxing will be frowned upon.

Core rulebooks and "Complete" series books will be used.



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 746 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Borderlands II - This is the current game thread
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:27 am 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 6887
Location:
somewhere in the aether
Mayhap we can take em a few at a time, but i'd rather not be fightin all night. We need some way tae kill great swaths o them again' the gate... Ye think on it, i'll get me armor. Ari goes to don his armor and get his weapons, returning when done


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Borderlands II - This is the current game thread
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:31 am 
Offline
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:00 am
Posts: 9751
Location:
United Kingdom
Angel nods waits for him to return and does the same, grabbing the axe and her bow.

"Patric, do you have cloth and possibly lamp oil?" She asks the Young man as she dons her breastplate, hoping Liri gets the dkda to help. "I was considering that we could set some alight.."

_________________
"Doors and corners, kid. That's where they get you." Joe Miller.

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard
Borderlands - Angel Half Elf Fighter
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger
Waterdeep 5.0 - Calarina Lock Human Cleric


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Borderlands II - This is the current game thread
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:30 am 
Offline
Baron
Baron
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:54 pm
Posts: 2664
"Is there a way to interrogate the dead ones? Are they trying to return back to where they came from in daylight?" Galanis asks loudly hoping someone can tell. He runs quickly to the balcony and starts shooting arrows at those he can see. "If you do find some cloth and oil we can have flamed arrows as well." Galanis follows Angel line of thought.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Borderlands II - This is the current game thread
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:30 am 
Offline
Baronet
Baronet
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:00 am
Posts: 2037
Location:
Long Island, NY
"There is cloth. Not much oil, though. There is a stone-walled shed near the workshop where it is stored," Patric replies. He looks at Ari. "Do you think the gate will hold?"

As if in answer, the gate groans a bit, and opens a crack, just enough to admit a sickly grey-skinned arm, but it holds there.

From above comes the snick of a bow, followed by a hoot as Maughus scores a hit on one of the undead outside the wall.

There is now about a six-inch wide gap between the two halves of the gate at the top as the left side is leaning inwards. The opening is mostly filled by a zombie trying to squeeze his body through oblivious to the fact that the gate is still barred at waist height, and holding.

[Actions and appropriate rolls, please]

_________________
"No matter where you go, there you are."


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Borderlands II - This is the current game thread
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:58 am 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 6887
Location:
somewhere in the aether
Is fire really what ye want? Ari asks Galanis. If we light some they'll nae doubt spread it quickly. fire would hurt us far more'n them. An I doubt we cn talk tae them, bein undead and nae their true selves ne'more

Ari shakes his head regarding the gate, I dinnae, lad. Would I'd had the hinges finished afore now... Ari nods, Maybe there's more we cn do fer it.

We need a sturdy structure where they cn nae come at us more'n one o the time. A funnel. We cn fight in shifts if we have tae.

[Are there any more plankings? He'll get some nails and try to brace it with whatever he can; propping timbers, hammering boards across the gap, piling large stones at the center base.]


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Borderlands II - This is the current game thread
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:28 am 
Offline
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:00 am
Posts: 9751
Location:
United Kingdom
(Assuming Angel had managed to get to her armor and bow before the gate failed)

"Keep that cover fire. I'll fight what I can." Angel suggests, notching an arrow to her bow she charges down the stairs.

(If the zombie coming is still around she'll shoot it!)
Simple [1d20] = 18
Easy hit. AC - something. : [1d6+1] = 2+1 = 3 damage.

_________________
"Doors and corners, kid. That's where they get you." Joe Miller.

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard
Borderlands - Angel Half Elf Fighter
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger
Waterdeep 5.0 - Calarina Lock Human Cleric


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Borderlands II - This is the current game thread
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:20 pm 
Offline
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence
User avatar

Joined:
Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:02 pm
Posts: 5991
Location:
Swabia (SW Germany)
Liri looks at the things piled up to throw at attackers. Is there something she could lob behind the gate that's heavy enough to to damage?

_________________
There's more to me than meets the eye...


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Borderlands II - This is the current game thread
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:26 am 
Offline
Baron
Baron
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:54 pm
Posts: 2664
"You are right!" shouts Galanis and keeps shooting at the Zombies.

======================================================
(OOC:
[1d10] = 7 Initiative
Rolls for prev. round
[1d20+2] = 17+2 = 19, [1d8+5] = 2+5 = 7, [1d20+2] = 14+2 = 16, [1d8+5] = 1+5 = 6 Hit AC0 and AC3

Rolls for current round
[1d20+2] = 16+2 = 18, [1d8+5] = 1+5 = 6, [1d20+2] = 12+2 = 14, [1d8+5] = 8+5 = 13 Hit AC1 and AC5


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Borderlands II - This is the current game thread
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:33 pm 
Offline
Baronet
Baronet
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:00 am
Posts: 2037
Location:
Long Island, NY
[OOC]Apologies for not having a map. I don't have a working scanner at the moment.[OOC]
The main house has a courtyard in front of it, surrounded by a 12' high wall. There are a number of outbuildings around the perimeter of the courtyard against the wall, and the courtyard gate is in the middle of the wall opposite the house.

Liri is in a second floor balcony which overlooks the courtyard. It is about twenty yards from the balcony railing to the gate/wall. Anything heavy enough to cause damage would likely be too heavy for her to throw such a distance. But should the zombies get through the gate, that could change.

[OOC] FYI - No need to roll initiative when fighting zombies. They always attack last. Jenn - Keep in mind that the rate of fire is two arrows per round.
Everybody - Although body shots with hand weapons can cut a zombie to pieces, killing them requires a head shot. Body shots with arrows are generally ineffective. I'll assume that everyone is going for head shots unless I hear otherwise.[/OOC]

Angel threads her arrow easily through the gap between the two gates. It hits the zombie in the face, rocking its head back, but it continues to press forward until Galanis' arrow hits it. Then it drops, hanging motionless halfway through the gate.

_________________
"No matter where you go, there you are."


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Borderlands II - This is the current game thread
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:13 am 
Offline
Baron
Baron
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:54 pm
Posts: 2664
Galanis continues shooting the coming zombies.

============================================
(OOC:
[1d20+2] = 19+2 = 21, [1d8+5] = 1+5 = 6, [1d20+2] = 16+2 = 18, [1d8+5] = 8+5 = 13
head shot is -4? without the penalty it's AC-2 and AC1.
)


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Borderlands II - This is the current game thread
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:52 am 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 6887
Location:
somewhere in the aether
[Sorry, didn't realize they had started coming through the gap by the gate for some reason]

Ari grabs a pole or post that isn't being used on the gate to keep those climing into the gap from toppling inside while Galanis and the others shoot them. If one falls through he'll drop the pole and turn it's skull to pudding with his hammers.


Top
  Profile 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 746 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50

Advanced search


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group