Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:06 am

Advanced search




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Umberlee's Temple - Everyone
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:25 am 
Offline
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Joined:
Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:13 pm
Posts: 807
Tornak will leap off the table and head westward taking a shot at manticore 1. While moving he shouts out an awkwardly worded (and not funny) joke about a human and a troll's offspring having difficulties because her hair keeps growing back after it is cut.
To Hit: [1d20+7] = 4+7 = 11 , Damage: [1d6+4] = 1+4 = 5


Last edited by Squirrellord on Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Umberlee's Temple - Everyone
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:51 am 
Offline
Viscount
Viscount
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:54 pm
Posts: 2924
==========================================
(OOC: Two first Rays at Manticore 1 and the last ray at the Troll)


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Umberlee's Temple - Everyone
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:58 pm 
Offline
Duke
Duke
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 5730
Tornak(24) spouts out a joke about a half Troll half human baby getting it’s haircut, and how fast it regrows. He had to think so hard, trying to fabricate a joke he missed the Manticore.

Adrik(23) has much better luck! He starts to pull his bow string, and something just doesn’t feel right. After a quick redraw he lets fly two arrows that fly straight and true. These arrows sink deep, right into the joint of the wing of the flying beast(10,7).

Yongoth(22) Rushes over to Lunmumi under the table removing the tail spikes, and bandaging him up. The Dwarves seem to be embroiled in a heated debate as soon as he reaches the young noble.

Fimlyn(14) steps back from the Cloud of Daggers, to the middle of the bridge. She casts a spell a quick glowing swiftly leaves her hands. Adrik, GG, and Tornak all feel bolstered in their combat abilities. Fimlyn has cast Bless. Please add 1d4 to your attack rolls.

Rayman(14) Starts a quiet chant more like a hissing building to a shout. From out of his fingers spring three lines of FIRE! Two of his rays scorching the Manticore(7,11), and 1 hitting the Troll(7).

Renwick(14) has worked himself into a frothing rage. His fighting some would say would be reckless, being aggressive to a fault. His large swings, likely causing an opening or his opponent to show itself as seeks to find his own. His efforts are rewarded with a two minimal hits, but his strength still makes it a worthy blow.(6,7)

Foggy(13) continuing his way through the shadows joins Yongoth and Lunmumi under the table.

SeaElf(11) gets her wits about her. Letting her mace hang from its strap on her wrist she will cast a spell. Toll the Dead(4) Manticore3 will widen it’s eyes. Shaking it’s head it will get back to combat with Lorbin.

Troll1(10) Laughing at the Halfling Barbarian he says something with a sneer, and rakes his nasty claws across the Barbarian’s chest(13,9), and Bites him on the shoulder leaving a line of teeth marks welling blood.(9)

Manticore1(9) circling over the water shoots another volley of Tail Spikes at the Tornak Lunmumi. One spike catches him in the foot(5). Manticore3 unloads his flurry on Lorbin. His claws and mouth only grab air.

GG(8) spinning and whirling in his Bladesong calls out “Two more Trolls queuing up” as he scores a searing hit on the Troll while is blade is wreathed in GREEN FLAME!(14)

Lunmumi(7) from the cover of the table shoots a barrage of Magic Missiles at Manticore1.(3,5,4) Once the last Magic Missile is absorbed by the Manticore’s flesh its wings buckle, and it splashes into the water and quickly sinks.

Lorbin(7) attacks Manticore3, striking two solid hits with his Warhammer.(6,10)
Actions Please!
Attachment:
Combat3.jpg
Combat3.jpg [ 236.98 KiB | Viewed 238 times ]
Squares are 5ft, Sad faces are unconscious, Brown dots are stealthing, The dripping eye is him disguised as Lunmumi, RedX down from Damage.

Tornak 24
Adrik 23
Yongoth 22
Fimlyn 14
Rayman 14
Renwick 14
Guard 13 - Down
Foggy 13
SeaElf 11
Troll 10
Manticore 9
GG 8
Lunmumi 7
Lorbin 7



Renwick GreatAxe: [1d20+6] = 12+6 = 18 [1d20+6] = 9+6 = 15 [1d12+5] = 1+5 = 6
Renwick GreatAxe: [1d20+6] = 1+6 = 7 [1d20+6] = 18+6 = 24 [1d12+5] = 2+5 = 7
Manticore Save: TtD [1d20+1] = 12+1 = 13
TtD: [2d12] = 4
Troll:CCB [1d20+7] = 1+7 = 8 [1d20+7] = 19+7 = 26 [1d20+7] = 18+7 = 25
Troll Claw Adv [1d20] = 14
Tailspike: [1d20+5] = 11+5 = 16 [1d20+5] = 8+5 = 13 [1d20+5] = 7+5 = 12
TailSpike Dmg: [1d8+3] = 2+3 = 5 [1d8+3] = 7+3 = 10 [1d8+3] = 3+3 = 6
Manticore:CCB [1d20+5] = 7+5 = 12 [1d20+5] = 4+5 = 9 [1d20+5] = 4+5 = 9
Manticore Damage: [1d6+3] = 2+3 = 5 [1d6+3] = 4+3 = 7 [1d8+3] = 3+3 = 6
LunmumiMM: [1d4+] = 2 [1d4+] = 4 [1d4+] = 3


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Umberlee's Temple - Everyone
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:26 pm 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7296
While the scorched but still liviing troll remains in range GG continues his pirouettes whilst trying to fry the ugly brute with more green fire.

======
GF Blade [1d20+7] = 12+7 = 19, [1d20+7] = 9+7 = 16, [1d4] = 1, [2d8+4] = 7+4 = 11


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Umberlee's Temple - Everyone
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:15 pm 
Offline
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Joined:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:48 pm
Posts: 746
Adrik fires two more arrows targeting manticore 3. After that he moves up 15 feet beside the she triton. He puts the bow away and pulls out hit rapier.
Attacks:
1. [1d20+7] = 11+7 = 18 + [1d4] = 4^ + 2 = 24
2. [1d20+9] = 8+9 = 17 + [1d4] = 1 = 18 , lucky reroll the 1 [1d4] = 3 = 21 I think I can use that ability on this roll.
Damage:
1. [1d6+4] = 3+4 = 7
2. [1d6+4] = 2+4 = 6


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Umberlee's Temple - Everyone
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:22 pm 
Offline
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Joined:
Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:13 pm
Posts: 807
Seeing his manticore target go down, Tornak squeezes off a shot at the troll(1) that is engaged.
To Hit: [1d20+7] = 9+7 = 16 , Damage: [1d6+4] = 4+4 = 8
Bless: [1d4] = 3
Sneak Attack Damage: [3d6] = 10


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Umberlee's Temple - Everyone
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:25 am 
Offline
Viscount
Viscount
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:54 pm
Posts: 2924
Flatbelly, terrified by the great wounds inflicted on his new friend, shoots Magic Missiles at the troll trying to have clear access to GG and cure him.

======================================================================
(OOC: I have 2 3rd level slots, so I use magic missile at 3rd slot. If I get it correctly it's 5 missiles.
[5d4+5] = 14+5 = 19

Can we awaken the unconsciousness guards?)


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Umberlee's Temple - Everyone
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:49 am 
Offline
Duke
Duke
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 5730
Tornak(24) seeing his primary target sinking into the pool switches to assault Troll1. Taking a quick shot he catches the Troll obviously not expecting the shot since it is occupied with Renwick and GG.(18)

Adrik(23) Fires at Manticore3. Bolt arrows sinking half their shaft into the beasts front quarter.(13) He moves up to Fimlyn and draws his Rapier.

Yongoth(22) Holds position with the young Lords under the table. Ready to attack anything that comes their way.

Fimlyn(14) Moves up 10ft, and casts cure wounds on Renwick.(14)

Rayman(14) Stares down the Troll, and works his hands and at the end of his gestures 5 bolts of energy leave his hands!(19) After the missiles impact the Trolls rubbery green flesh it slowly teeters and then with a ginormous splash starts to sink.

Renwick(14) stands breathing heavy growling primal challenges to the Trolls in the next room. While he is worked up, he has enough sense to know he can’t take on two Trolls in a secluded room. Instead he quickly moves to Manticore 3 and slashes with his Great Axe!(8,13) He then tries to return to the Half-Elf to help plug the entrance to the room. Manticore3 takes a retaliatory snap at Renwick when he leaves its reach! The Manticore some how bites Renwick on the ANKLE, everyone close by hears the sickening CRUNCH as the teet close around the Halflings lower leg.(14) Seemingly not noticing such a grievous injury Renwick makes it back to the front line with GG.

Foggy(13) Holds steady up the table, seemingly blended in with the shadows.

SeaElf(11) again noticeably casts a spell on Manticore3 only those close by hear the deep ringing of a bell that makes you think of a graveyard during a rainstorm.(20!) Manticore3 crumples in a pile of muscle and sinewy wings.

Troll2(10) there is a slight scrap between Troll2 and Troll3 to get into the doorway but Troll2 wins and tries to ravage the unarmoured Halfling, but fails miserably. Slashing and knashing the Troll roars with frustration. The two at the front see Troll3 dash away around the corner.

GG(8) with the new Troll come up to the plate GG twists and turns with his Bladesong rhythm, and scores a long sizzling strip down the Trolls torso.(11)

Lunmumi(7) shoots the new Troll with a barrage of Magic Missiles.(19)

Lorbin(7) moves to mid bridge to assess the situation. Holding his attack to hit anyone who comes his way.

Actions Please!
Attachment:
Combat4.jpg
Combat4.jpg [ 173.62 KiB | Viewed 125 times ]
Squares are 5ft, Sad faces are unconscious, Brown dots are stealthing, The dripping eye is him disguised as Lunmumi, RedX down from Damage.



Tornak 24
Adrik 23
Yongoth 22
Fimlyn 14
Rayman 14
Renwick 14
Guard 13 - Down
Foggy 13
SeaElf 11
Troll 10
Manticore 9
GG 8
Lunmumi 7
Lorbin 7

FimlynCW 3rdlvl: [3d8+3] = 11+3 = 14
Renwick GreatAxe: [1d20+6] = 14+6 = 20 [1d20+6] = 11+6 = 17 [1d12+5] = 3+5 = 8
Renwick GreatAxe: [1d20+6] = 14+6 = 20 [1d20+6] = 11+6 = 17 [1d12+5] = 3+5 = 8
Manticore Reaction: [1d20+5] = 20+5 = 25
Manticore Reaction: [1d8+3] = 3+3 = 6 [1d8] = 8
Manticore Save: TtD [1d20+1] = 6+1 = 7
SeaElf TtD: [2d12] = 20
Troll Dmg: [2d6+4] = 9+4 = 13 [2d6+4] = 7+4 = 11 [1d6+4] = 6+4 = 10
Troll Dmg: [2d6+4] = 7+4 = 11 [2d6+4] = 4+4 = 8 [1d6+4] = 2+4 = 6
LunmumiMM: [1d4+] = 3 [1d4+] = 4 [1d4+] = 3


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Umberlee's Temple - Everyone
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:38 pm 
Offline
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Joined:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:48 pm
Posts: 746
Adrik will move beside Renwick and attack the troll with Renwick movement to 10'. He will hold position. If hit by the troll he will use his defensive duelist feat by using his reaction. That would be AC 19 for one attack.
Attack 1 advantage:
[1d20+7] = 17+7 = 24
[1d20+7] = 20+7 = 27
Critical hit
Attack 2 advantage:
[1d20+7] = 20+7 = 27
[1d20+7] = 18+7 = 25
Critical hit again
damage:
1. [1d8+4] = 4+4 = 8 + [1d8] = 4 = 12
2. [1d8+4] = 1+4 = 5 + [1d8] = 4 = 9


Last edited by counterkid on Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Umberlee's Temple - Everyone
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:57 am 
Offline
Viscount
Viscount
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:54 pm
Posts: 2924
Flatbelly, having now a clear way, goes to quickly awaken the guards that are near the fallen troll, and then hack the trolls head.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Umberlee's Temple - Everyone
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:19 pm 
Offline
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Joined:
Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:13 pm
Posts: 807
Tornak heads back to the table in the center of the room, hops up on it and dances an impromptu jig while releasing another bolt from his "lute" toward the remaining troll in the doorway.
To Hit: [1d20+7] = 15+7 = 22 , Damage: [1d6+4] = 4+4 = 8
Sneak Attack Damage: [3d6] = 12


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Umberlee's Temple - Everyone
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:09 pm 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7296
GG dances next to the 'new' troll and the halfling, and tries to once more enflame a troll.

======
GF Blade [1d20+7] = 1+7 = 8, [1d20+7] = 19+7 = 26, [1d4] = 2, [1d8+4] = 6+4 = 10, [1d8] = 4
So AC28, 10 pierce, 4 magical fire


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Umberlee's Temple - Everyone
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:35 am 
Offline
Duke
Duke
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 5730
Tornak(24) heads to the table that is sheltering the Lords, hops on top and starts to dance.(Right above Yongoth on map) If anyone looked closely though, they may think he was having a seizure. During his spasmic dance he will raise the “lute” towards the troll and let a bolt loose that hits the troll in the right breast.(20dmg)

Adrik(23) moves in tight to Renwick, attacking with advantage as his combat prowess is boosted by attacking the target near the Barbarian. The added inspiration obviously bolstering the Halfling. Scoring two huge hits, he creates two DEEP holes with his rapier.[20, 14] Moving back, the Troll takes a swipe at Adrik, but misses horribly. Obviously shaken from the new new holes it is sporting.

Yongoth(22) Again stays under the table with the rogue and bard.

Fimlyn(14) from the walkway she casts a spell on the Troll.(7dmg)

Rayman(14) spends his turn pulling the closest guard to the side of the walkway, he is able to rouse the guardsman.

Renwick(14) with Troll2 stepping in Renwick pushes aggressively to attack. Landing two HUGE slashes across the Troll’s chest.[17, 29]

Foggy(13) Holds steady under the table.

SeaElf(11) casts a spell directed at Troll2. The characters around the Troll hear a deep ringing bell sound.

Troll2(10) attacks Renwick. Troll3 charges into the room attacking SeaElf. Breaking her defenses with all 3 attacks.(9,13,8) SeaElf collapses under the barrage of terrible claws and teeth.

GG(8) continues his dance with his blade wrapped in Green Flame! Scoring a long sizzling slash down the Troll’s leg.(10,4) The Troll howls as the flame wreathed blade down it’s leg. It follows the 1st troll into the water and quickly starts to sink.

Lunmumi(7) casts a spell at the newly arrived Troll3. A mote of fire leaves his fingers, it then smacks the Troll in the face, leaving a small burn mark.(7)

Lorbin(7) charges Troll 3, and attacks with his hammer! His first swing connecting, but his second missing as he catches his balance from his rush in.(10)

Actions Please!
Attachment:
Combat5.jpg
Combat5.jpg [ 108.68 KiB | Viewed 128 times ]
Squares are 5ft, Sad faces are unconscious, Brown dots are stealthing, The dripping eye is him disguised as Lunmumi, RedX down from Damage.

Tornak 24
Adrik 23
Yongoth 22
Fimlyn 14
Rayman 14
Renwick 14
Guard 13 - Down
Foggy 13
SeaElf 11
Troll 10
Manticore 9
GG 8
Lunmumi 7
Lorbin 7
TtD Troll: [1d20-1] = 13-1 = 12
Fimlyn TtD: [2d12] = 7
Troll TtD: [1d20-1] = 17-1 = 16
Troll:CCB [1d20+7] = 17+7 = 24 [1d20+7] = 14+7 = 21 [1d20+7] = 13+7 = 20
Troll Dmg: [2d6+4] = 5+4 = 9 [2d6+4] = 9+4 = 13 [1d6+4] = 4+4 = 8
Mumi FB [1d20+6] = 15+6 = 21
Mumi FB Dmg: [2d10] = 7
Lorbin WH: [1d20+6] = 14+6 = 20 [1d8+3] = 7+3 = 10
Lorbin WH: [1d20+6] = 5+6 = 11 [1d8+3] = 6+3 = 9
Renwick GreatAxe: [1d20+6] = 15+6 = 21 [1d20+6] = 12+6 = 18 [1d12+5] = 12+5 = 17
Renwick GreatAxe: [1d20+6] = 20+6 = 26 [1d20+6] = 17+6 = 23 [1d12+5] = 1+5 = 6
Renwick Crit Dmg: [1d12] = 11 [1d12] = 12
Renwick Crit Dmg: [1d12] = 11 [1d12] = 12


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Umberlee's Temple - Everyone
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:08 am 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7296
If there's no obvious incoming from the entrance that the first pair of trolls came through then GG Will call out, "Blur's up; let me contain this one? Use ranged!"

======
Is there a path to the third troll so that GG can try to stab it?

Edit: GG moves to the SeaElf's place and tries to Greenflame the troll.
GF Blade [1d20+7] = 2+7 = 9, [1d4] = 3, [1d8+4] = 3+4 = 7, [1d8] = 6
GG Advantaged [1d20+7] = 19+7 = 26

==> AC29, 7 pierce damage, 6 magical fire damage


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Umberlee's Temple - Everyone
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:34 pm 
Offline
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Joined:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:48 pm
Posts: 746
Adrik will use one application of his healers kit to save the SeaElf that went down by the troll. If he can move her out of that area back to his original position he will dragging the SeaElf. He wants to move her out. Probably difficult terrain.
Strength save/ athletics: [1d20] = 16 + 5 = 21.


Last edited by counterkid on Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
  Profile 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Advanced search


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group