Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:48 am

Advanced search




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:23 pm 
Offline
Marshall
Marshall

Joined:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:48 pm
Posts: 686
Chris, what is the distance between Val and the Goblins at the watch tower. Can Val move in to attack with a melee weapon?


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:35 pm 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7157
50' to the one in the doorway.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:23 pm 
Offline
Marshall
Marshall

Joined:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:48 pm
Posts: 686
Val will fire a crossbow bolt and move forward 30 feet towards the tower.

[1d20+3] = 3+3 = 6 surprise surprise


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:26 pm 
Offline
Duke
Duke
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 5561
Fire Bolt: Hit, DMG [1d20+5] = 2+5 = 7 [1d10] = 9

"See any others in there?"


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:24 pm 
Offline
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Joined:
Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:13 pm
Posts: 762
Unbar will take a swing at the goblin in front of him.
OOC - he will try to position himself so that he is not inside the doorway. He wants the goblin to be in the doorway and therefore attempting to limit multiple goblins access to him
Warhammer To Hit(5): [1d20+5] = 17+5 = 22 , Damage(3): [1d8+3] = 2+3 = 5
He will reply to Vic if he sees any goblins other than the one in front of him.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:51 am 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7157
Round 2
Isaril’s next arrow catches the doorway goblin in the throat. [#G2, 8 pierce] It pitches backwards, stone dead.

The goblin in the stone building’s doorway gets an unpleasant surprise when a dwarven Warhammer smashes the side of its head. [#G1, 5 crush] Umbar steps over the now-dead goblin to glance around inside the building. “None in here. Unless they hide well.” It seems to be a hardware store.

Sneaky goblin at the top of the tower fares better, popping up to surprise Isaril and stick an arrow through the elf's thigh. [#G2, 4 pierce] Another flesh wound!

Vic no longer has a live target and looks around, spotting sneaky goblin [#G2] at the top of the tower. He moves closer.

Val gets thirty feet closer to his now-dead target in the tower’s doorway [#Va1 position, yellow]. If he wishes there’s opportunity to hang his crossbow across his back and dash the rest of the way to the tower and halfway up the ladder [#Va2 position, yellow].
Attachment:
Brightheads 1.png
Brightheads 1.png [ 1.74 MiB | Viewed 859 times ]
Key: 10' squares


Actions for Round 3?

=======
Initiative
Isaril 21
Unbar 20
G1 19 [dead]
G2 17
G3 16 [dead]
Vic 14
Val 4

Isaril shortbow [1d20+6] = 11+6 = 17, [1d6+4] = 4+4 = 8
G2 hide v Isaril Perception [1d20+6] = 18+6 = 24, [1d20+5] = 16+5 = 21
G2 shortbow advantaged [1d20+4] = 1+4 = 5, [1d20+4] = 18+4 = 22, [1d6+2] = 2+2 = 4
It will takes a further action (Round 3) if Unbar wishes to check for hidden goblins inside the stone building.
Val, if he wishes, can get to within 10' of the remaining goblin at the top of the tower (as a Dash in Round 2).


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:41 pm 
Offline
Marshall
Marshall

Joined:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:48 pm
Posts: 686
Round 2 Val uses the dash action.

Round 3
Val pull out his halberd and swings at the goblin in the tower.
[1d20+5] = 17+5 = 22
Damage: [1d10+3] = 7+3 = 10

"Take that you ugly piece of vermin."


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:38 pm 
Offline
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Joined:
Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:13 pm
Posts: 762
Unbar will make a quick visual check to make sure his building is clear and then head out to meet up with the closest ally he can see. (assuming building is clear)


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:44 pm 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7157
Unbar looks around the twenty foot square store and it looks clear.
There is a serving counter five foot off to the right that something might hide behind. Unlikely, but still possible.
The bell drowns out any trivial noise.
Many things are broken or knocked over, but the Trading Post's items are mainly intact. There is a small, half opened backpack on the floor just behind the door.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:05 pm 
Offline
Duke
Duke
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 5561
Vic launches another volley at sneaky.Fire Bolt: Hit, DMG [1d20+5] = 16+5 = 21 [1d10] = 3


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:05 am 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7157
Round 3
Having taken enough punishment for the moment Isaril takes cover behind the wooden farmhouse [#4G] and sees to his wounds Umbar, having checked out the stone building, barrels out, round the corner and reaches Vic’s side.

Isaril’s absence discommodes sneaky goblin when he pops out of hiding and he loses advantage on the attack. It’s fast enough to beat Vic’s firebolt and the half-elf gets an arrow that deflects off his ribs. [Vic, AC21, 6 pierce] The firebolt from Vic returns the favour and burns the goblin’s arm. [#G2, 3 fire damage]

Finally reaching the top of the ladder, Val pull out his halberd and swings at the goblin in the tower. [#G2, 10 slash] Val cry rings out, "Take that you ugly piece of vermin!" as the goblin’s head shoots out from the top of the tower, bounces and rolls to a stop against the farm fence.

End of Combat

***
What next?

=======
Initiative
Isaril 21
Unbar 20
G2 17
Vic 14
Val 4

G2 hide [1d20+6] = 15+6 = 21
G2 shortbow [1d20+4] = 17+4 = 21, [1d6+2] = 4+2 = 6
All PCs gain 72xp


***
You may wish to check your xp cumulative totals. (Someone hasn't yet recorded the xp from the Worgs.)


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:15 pm 
Offline
Marshall
Marshall

Joined:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:48 pm
Posts: 686
From the top of the Tower Val wants to see if he can see other goblins running around and get a better view of the area. He also wants to see if he can notice who is ringing the bell.
perception check:
[1d20+2] = 15+2 = 17

Once he is done that. He will join Isaril to see if he needs any healing.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:51 pm 
Offline
Duke
Duke
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 5561
Vic will head back over to Unbar and see what is going on in the building.

"Anything going on in there?"


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:07 pm 
Offline
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Joined:
Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:13 pm
Posts: 762
Unbar will rejoin the first ally he spots. (I assume Vic) "Seems clear in building though I didn't go looking for anything that might be hiding. Small backpack behind the door, don't know what that is about. Any more of them bastards about? Who the hell is ringing that damn bell? We need to stick together, where are the other two?" Unbar is craning his neck around the entire time he is relaying his information and questioning Vic, trying to see if there are any enemies sneaking up on them.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:30 am 
Offline
Duke
Duke
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 5561
"None that I can see. As far as I can tell they went this way, after the one in the tower. Let's gather up, then explore the two buildings we have cleared."


Top
  Profile 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next

Advanced search


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group