Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:02 am

Advanced search




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 16  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:44 pm 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7157
Isaril nods and replies in elven, "I will go. With who? You have heavy feet. Val is quiet enough."

======
Vic has enough time to translate without this affecting anything.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:31 pm 
Offline
Duke
Duke
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 5561
He does so.

"We will hang back and watch for a signal to approach."


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:02 pm 
Offline
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Joined:
Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:13 pm
Posts: 762
Unbar moves to recover his thrown axe and then takes up a guarded stance by Vic.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:40 am 
Offline
Marshall
Marshall

Joined:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:48 pm
Posts: 686
"I can go with you."


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:26 am 
Offline
Duke
Duke
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 5561
Vic will take position partially behind a building if possible, while watching the pair advance.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:21 am 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7157
Vic and Unbar take up guarded positions behind the single-story wooden building [#4B] and watch Isaril and Val move towards the single-story stone building [#9] and disappear from view round its southern edge.

Everyone sees that the stone building [#9] has a circular blue shield mounted above its west-facing entrance. The shield is emblazoned with a stylized golden lion. The sturdy wooden door is ajar.
Attachment:
Brightheads.png
Brightheads.png [ 1.31 MiB | Viewed 1022 times ]
Key: 10' squares

Vic and Unbar also have time to look down the eight foot diameter pit at what apparently demolished the northern wing of the wooden building.[#4B] In the bottom of the eight foot deep pit is a large chunk of stone.

Skirting the south-western edge of the stone building [#9] Isaril and Val bypass a field to the south of pumpkin and squash and a five foot diameter pit.
They advance along the northern wall of a single story wooden building [#4G] up to a similar pit to the norther-east of the building. To the north is a field of some sort of vegetables. From their vantage point Isaril and Val see a pair of orange-headed creatures, both somewhat shorter than four foot in height, dancing and prancing, arms outstretched, in the cottage's garden. One says, "Blok, aarrm gragrsbasoot."

Without pausing, Isaril takes aim at the furthest of the two creatures.

======
If Woody makes a Perception skill check:
DC5, he sees that the humanoids are wearing eyeless, hollowed out pumpkins.
DC10 he realizes that they are playing a chase game such as "blind man's buff",
DC15 he sees a sack in the southeastern corner of the garden
If Woody makes a Nature skill check, DC6, he recognizes that the humanoids are goblins. (This is increased to DC 11 if the Per skill result was <5).


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:29 pm 
Offline
Marshall
Marshall

Joined:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:48 pm
Posts: 686
Perception: [1d20+2] = 4+2 = 6
Nature check: [1d20+4] = 5+4 = 9

Val signal to Isaril to go back and warn the other two characters. He does this with hand signals.
Val will attempt to walk out of sight.
stealth: disadvantage: [1d20+2] = 9+2 = 11[
[1d20+2] = 7+2 = 9


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:32 pm 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7157
Isaril raises his bow and indicates the two small creatures ahead.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:55 pm 
Offline
Marshall
Marshall

Joined:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:48 pm
Posts: 686
Chris1234 wrote:
Isaril raises his bow and indicates the two small creatures ahead.


Who is he signalling? Unbar and Vic? I don't think they can see him.

Val will slowly start walking backwards to try to get out of sight of the creatures.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:20 pm 
Offline
Marshall
Marshall

Joined:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:48 pm
Posts: 686
Val fires a crossbow bolt at closets one.
Advantage: [1d20+3] = 9+3 = 12[1d20+3] = 6+3 = 9
damage: [1d8+1] = 1+1 = 2


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:44 am 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7157
Woody fires at the closer goblin, taking it through the arm. [#R1, 2 pierce]. It screams a high-pitched scream.
Isaril shoots the far goblin through the center of the chest. [#R2, 8 pierce] It collapses with barely a whimper.
Isaril says something in elven.

Vic and Umbar hear from the stone building [#9] an answering, "Shriek? Wargle breep, han!" followed by the noise of smashing glass. Scant seconds later the stone building's [#9] west-facing door starts to slowly open.

***
Initiative rolls and actions for round 1, please

======
Isaril shortbow advantaged [1d20+6] = 20+6 = 26, [1d20+6] = 17+6 = 23, [1d6+4] = 1+4 = 5
Isaril shortbow crit [1d6] = 3

***
Vic and Umbar have advantage on this initiative roll
The wounded goblin wearing a pumpkin on its head [#R1] has disadvantage on initiative
R1 init disadvantage [1d20+2] = 15+2 = 17, [1d20+2] = 12+2 = 14
G1, G2, G3 inits [1d20+2] = 17+2 = 19, [1d20+2] = 15+2 = 17, [1d20+2] = 14+2 = 16


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:52 am 
Offline
Duke
Duke
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 5561
Initiative: [1d20] = 14
Initiative: [1d20] = 11

Vic will be ready with Fire Bolt, IF it is a goblin. If it is a captive he will NOT fire.

Fire Bolt: Hit, DMG [1d20+5] = 15+5 = 20 [1d10] = 2

"Unbar can you rush the door?"


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:56 am 
Offline
Marshall
Marshall

Joined:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:48 pm
Posts: 686
Initiative:
[1d20+1] = 3+1 = 4
Val will load his crossbow and step back 10 feet so he can have a look if he can see Vic and Unbar. -5 to initiative.
attack with crossbow if the goblin is not dead.
[1d20+1] = 13+1 = 14
damage: [1d8+1] = 2+1 = 3

If goblin goes down he will use the rest of his movement to go back 20 feet toward Vic and Unbar. Letting Isaril know in by saying "back" to get his attention.
If the goblin is dead Val will use his crossbow attack other enemy he can see. If he can't see anything else no attack this turn.

Perception check: [1d20+2] = 18+2 = 20


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:36 pm 
Offline
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Joined:
Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:13 pm
Posts: 762
Initiative(0): [1d20] = 14 , Initiative(0): [1d20] = 20

OOC - If I counted correctly (and I'm pretty sure I did) Unbar can just reach the door of building 9 with his regular movement. (East, Southeast, Southeast, Southeast, East.)

Unbar curtly replies "Aye" and charges (thematic only here, not dashing) the door with his shield up in front of him, war hammer ready in his other hand. If the door is open when he gets there and an enemy is in front of him he will swing an attack. If the door is not opened and an enemy is not present he will slam himself into the door shield leading.

Attack Roll if needed. Warhammer To Hit(5): [1d20+5] = 7+5 = 12 , Damage(3): [1d8+3] = 4+3 = 7


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:09 pm 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7157
Round 1
Before anyone can catch their breath Isaril puts an arrow throw the chest of the wounded, pumpkin-wearing goblin. [#R1, 7 pierce] It dies.

Meanwhile, the stone building’s door swings open as Unbar curtly replies, “Aye!” and charges towards the doorway, Warhammer at the ready*.. which he swings** at the head of the goblin [#G1] that appears in the doorway. The green-skinned creature ducks and the blow strikes sparks on the building’s stone wall. Pulling out its scimitar, the goblin [#G1] slashes back at Unbar. [Unbar, 5 slash]

Back with the ‘sneaky pair’, the door to the south-eastern watchtower [#2E] swings open to reveal a goblin [#G2] that ducks back into cover, hides, and then leans out to take a successful shortbow shot at Isaril. [AC17, 4 pierce] The goblin remains in the doorway. Scant seconds later another goblin head, [#G3] seen only by Val, appears at the battlements of the same watchtower. [#2E] After bobbing up and down it then appears a couple of feet taller and sporting a bow before ducking down to hide.

Vic uses a Firebolt to scorch the arm of Unbar’s attacker. [#G1 2 fire dam] It croaks in pain and waves its arm but remains upright.

After the pause of a long breathe Val fires his crossbow at the goblin [#G2] in the watchtower’s doorway, just missing. The bolt takes a chunk out of the door frame.

Actions for Round 2?

=======
Initiative
Isaril 21
Unbar 20
G1 19
G2 17
G3 16
Vic 14
R1 14 [Dead]
Val 4 [Not using WSF, re DMG270-271]

Isaril init [1d20+4] = 17+4 = 21
Isaril shortbow advantaged [1d20+6] = 2+6 = 8, [1d20+6] = 19+6 = 25, [1d6+4] = 3+4 = 7
*Treating Unbar’s “readied Warhammer”’ as a prepared action, using his **Reaction
G1 scimitar [1d20+4] = 16+4 = 20, [1d6+2] = 3+2 = 5
G2 hide vs Isaril Perception [1d20+6] = 14+6 = 20, [1d20+5] = 12+5 = 17
G2 shortbow advantaged [1d20+4] = 13+4 = 17, [1d20+4] = 10+4 = 14, [1d6+2] = 2+2 = 4


Top
  Profile 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 16  Next

Advanced search


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group