Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:09 am

Advanced search




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:05 pm 
Offline
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Joined:
Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:13 pm
Posts: 762
Perception(2)DisAdv: [1d20+2] = 12+2 = 14 , [1d20+2] = 10+2 = 12
Round 2
Still standing firm, Unbar will try to give yet another solid whack.
Warhammer To Hit(5): [1d20+5] = 14+5 = 19 , Damage(3): [1d8+3] = 7+3 = 10


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:38 am 
Online
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7158
Round 2
Unbeknownst to most of the others Isaril vaults the picket fence and plants an arrow in another eight foot long wolf [Wolf2, 8 pierce] that had been sneaking towards the group. The elf moves back 20' to the west hotly pursued by the wolf which closes the seventy foot distance but doesn't manage any effective attack.

Just managing to staying on his feet, Val calls on his inner reserves of strength and switches to his wicked-looking halberd to slash his large assailant across the back. [Wolf1, 7 slash] The wolf lunges for Val's throat but the mountain man just manages to pull his head back from the snapping jaws. [Val, AC15, miss]

Seconds later Vic leans around the corner of the building, says, "Bad dog!" and hurls a ball of weird-looking energy at the eight foot long wolf. The air sparkles and rings faintly as the ball crystallizes into electricity that makes the wolf's hair stand up as it crisps and drops, dead, at Val's feet. [Wolf1, 11 electrical] As the large wolf collapses Unbar, being the only one of the trio to see the second large wolf, moves off across the wheat-field to intercept the hairy hunter. Switching to hurled handaxe he buries the axe in the wolf's back despite the wheat providing three-quarter's cover. [Wolf2, AC19 v AC13+5, hits, 8* slash]
Attachment:
Wolf Attack 1.png
Wolf Attack 1.png [ 692.21 KiB | Viewed 1204 times ]
Key: 10' squares

Actions and rolls for Round 3?

======
Initiatives:
Isaril 23
Wolf2 20
Val 19
Wolf1 17
Vic 11
Unbar 10

Isaril shortbow [1d20+6] = 11+6 = 17, [1d6+4] = 4+4 = 8
Wolf1 bite [1d20+5] = 10+5 = 15, [2d6+3] = 7+3 = 10
*Warhammer dam 7+3=10 translated to handaxe dam (7x6/8)+3=(5)+3=8


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:18 am 
Offline
Duke
Duke
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 5561
Round 3

Vic spins and sees the encounter with the second creature.

"Here we go again!"

This time he fires Fire Bolt.

Fire Bolt: Hit, DMG [1d20+5] = 4+5 = 9 [1d10] = 1

As the Fire Bolt misses, Vic gulps.
==========
Hope the wheat is green lol.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:36 am 
Offline
Marshall
Marshall

Joined:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:48 pm
Posts: 686
Val still had movement in round two. Can you please post the positioning at the end of round two. Val will move in round 2 to reposition for round three.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:33 pm 
Offline
Marshall
Marshall

Joined:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:48 pm
Posts: 686
Am I seeing this correctly. Vic and Unbar are in a building at this point or is that some type of field?


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:13 pm 
Online
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7158
Round 2 clarification:
Vic stands in a field of wheat.
After the demise of the wolf [#Wolf1] Val moves 15' south to stand against the northern wall of the wooden building. [#4B]
Unbar moves west into the field of wheat and moves south out of Val's sight.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:32 pm 
Offline
Marshall
Marshall

Joined:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:48 pm
Posts: 686
Round 3: Val will move full movement if possible to flank Wolf 2. He should be aware at this time that everyone was moving West. If he can reach the wolf he will attack with the halberd. If not he will reload his crossbow when he has sight on the Wolf and fire an arrow. Loading penalty of 8 I believe to initiate.
Attack: [1d20+5] = 20+5 = 25 that's a crit.
Advantage not needed but just in case: [1d20+5] = 17+5 = 22
Damage with Halberd: [1d10+3] = 9+3 = 12, [1d10] = 7
Total damage: 19
Damage with crossbow just in case: [1d8] = 7[1d8+1] = 4+1 = 5
Total = 12
Sure hope he made it to the Wolf!!!!!


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:11 pm 
Offline
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Joined:
Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:13 pm
Posts: 762
Round 3
Continuing to move toward the oversized wolf, Unbar will attempt to reach the wolf and lay down some beats with his warhammer. If he can maneuver to flank with Val he will.
Warhammer To Hit(5): [1d20+5] = 1+5 = 6 , Damage(3): [1d8+3] = 6+3 = 9
In case of Flanking Advantage: [1d20+5] = 1+5 = 6

-------------------------------------------
Wow. USS really wanted Unbar to miss...


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:21 am 
Online
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7158
Round 3
Seeing that help is coming Isaril concentrates on avoiding the rending jaws of the eight foot long wolf. [Dodge]
Its large teeth snap shut scant inches from the druid's face which would have been torn away without the frantic Dodging.
Val trots around the eastern corner of the building, drops his halberd and hastily arms and shoots a bolt from his crossbow. [Wolf2, critical! 12 pierce]
The bolt catches the wolf firmly between the buttocks and elicits a loud, low-pitched whine. Its head whips round to stare at Val.

Vic offers, "Here we go again!" and tries to set fire to the field of wheat, failing miserably but looking quite cheerful about it.
The tough little dwarf barrels forwards to flank the large wolf and nearly succeeds in removing his own toes with his warhammer.

Realization dawns on the wolf that she needs functioning internal organs. She drops.

End of combat. What next?

======
Initiatives:
Isaril 23
Wolf2 20
Val 19
Wolf1 17 [dead]
Vic 11
Unbar 10

Wolf2 disadvantaged bite [1d20+5] = 12+5 = 17, [1d20+5] = 9+5 = 14, [2d6+3] = 11+3 = 14


All PCs gain 57xp.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:31 am 
Offline
Duke
Duke
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 5561
"Any markings or collars on those?" He will head to the worg with his friends around it.

If nothing:
"Let's head to where you saw the child, but we should probably loop around to make sure it's not a trap."

Does Vic feel like he is being watched?


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:37 am 
Online
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7158
The female wolf has a torn left ear but otherwise nothing denoting ownership.
Vic adds, "Let's head to where you saw the child, but we should probably loop around to make sure it's not a trap."


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:11 pm 
Offline
Marshall
Marshall

Joined:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:48 pm
Posts: 686
Val picks up his weapon. Loads the crossbow and puts it to his side. "I'm sure there must be goblins around. Let's keep an eye out."

Do we still hear the bell ringing?


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:30 pm 
Online
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7158
The bell still rings and Val can hear it clearly.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:50 pm 
Online
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7158
Isaril switches back to readied bow and looks to Vic for leadership.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:15 pm 
Offline
Duke
Duke
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 5561
"How far to where you saw the orange hair child? We should scout the area around it first I think. It could be a trap."


Top
  Profile 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next

Advanced search


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group