Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:08 pm

Advanced search




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 429 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 29  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:44 am 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7438
With a slight breeze at their backs the group advances to just behind the one-storey wooden building [#4B]. As they do so they see:
    a picket fence surrounding a cemetery to the northwest of the church [#5],
    maybe a dozen five foot wide pits in the muddy town square [#3], the nearest couple being five foot deep with stone in the bottom,
    an abandoned cart at the far edge of the muddy town square,
    a pair of tethering posts outside the two-storey wooden barn [#7],
    an ornate wrought-iron sign hanging above the entrance to the two-storey stone building [#8],
    that the wrought-iron sign says, "Blackstone Inn",
    a picket fence surrounding a field of wheat just west of their target one-storey wooden farmhouse [#4B],
    a picket fence surrounding the potato and turnip field [4D],
    the potato field has a large wolf playing tug of war with something out of sight behind the one-story stone building [#9] but it sniffs the air, drops what it was pulling and turns its head towards the group.

What next?

======
The group can adopt any reasonable formation and weapon readied. Isaril has an arrow nocked.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:52 pm 
Offline
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Joined:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:48 pm
Posts: 832
"Did you see that wolf. It looked right at us." Val gets his crossbow ready and stops moving.
"Vic and Isaril, I think you should fire long range weapon at that wolf. Let's get them to come towards us. Let's stay out of melee as much as possible. Unbar make sure you can see if any are coming around that building from the south west side" 4B

Val gets on the north side of the building so he can't be surrounded. The second the Wolf or anyone else is 80' away he will let an arrow go. Before that he will let Vic and Isaril fire a long range.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:07 pm 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7438
Isaril says something in Elven.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:47 pm 
Offline
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Joined:
Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:13 pm
Posts: 846
"Whoa there big fella. Sometimes smashing a thing isn't the best way to deal with a thing. Though I can't say I like being exposed like this." To Isaril "Sorry, I didn't catch that."


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:02 pm 
Offline
Prince
Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 5847
"He wanted to know what Val said. His common is not the greatest. I agree, we should hold just a moment to see what it is going to do." He will get Ray of Frost ready. Unless it is too far for that, then he will get Firebolt ready.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:51 am 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7438
The large wolf trots towards you. It's smile reveals bloodied teeth.
Attachment:
Worg.png
Worg.png [ 121.01 KiB | Viewed 5538 times ]
Isaril says something in elven and raises his bow.

======
Isaril's elven: "Worg has tasted blood. It will not be reasoned with!"
Time for initiatives, please.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:00 am 
Offline
Prince
Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 5847
"He says kill it, kill it with fire." Vic chuckles at his exaggeration.

He will cast Ray of Frost if it is in range. Firebolt if not.

Vic will position himself behind Val.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:51 pm 
Offline
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Joined:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:48 pm
Posts: 832
Initiative: [1d20+1] = 18+1 = 19

"Does anyone see a door to this building." Perception check:[1d20+2] = 16+2 = 18


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:18 pm 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7438
There is a door at the eastern end of the northern wall [#4B]


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:19 pm 
Offline
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Joined:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:48 pm
Posts: 832
Val will fire a crossbow blot as a reaction once a monster is 80 feet or closer. After that he pulls out his Halberg.
Attack round 1: [1d20+3] = 10+3 = 13
Damage: [1d8+1] = 4+1 = 5


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:54 pm 
Offline
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Joined:
Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:13 pm
Posts: 846
Initiative(0): [1d20] = 10
Unbar will stand firm beside Val as the large wolf approaches, shield and warhammer ready.

If he gets a swing in this round
Warhammer To Hit(5): [1d20+5] = 20+5 = 25 , Damage(3): [1d8+3] = 1+3 = 4 CritDamage: [1d8] = 4

Once he whacks the wolf, Unbar exclaims "Blast! I forgot to ask the Soulforger to enhance my weapon today!"


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:48 am 
Offline
Prince
Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 5847
Ooops lol
Initiative: [1d20] = 11


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:57 pm 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7438
Round 1
Isaril lets fly at the large wolf but missing wildly before moving southwest through the field to get around the house.

Scant seconds later Val does better, just shooting a bolt into the furry chest [AC13, 5 pierce] and stowing his crossbow before the wolf bites slams into him [AC18, 6 pierce, STR Saving throw DC13 or prone]

There's a slight pause (pun intended) and then Vic tries fruitlessly to freeze the wolf while Unbar unloads onto it with his warhammer. The half-elf pulls back to take cover on the west end of the house.[AC25, 8 crush]
Attachment:
Wolf attack.png
Wolf attack.png [ 389.34 KiB | Viewed 5514 times ]
Actions & rolls for Round 2, please.
And anyone that wants to, please give me a disadvantaged Perception skill check.


======
Initiatives:
Isaril 23
Val 19
Wolf 17
Vic 11
Unbar 10

Isaril init [1d20+4] = 19+4 = 23
Wof init [1d20+1] = 16+1 = 17
Isaril Shortbow [1d20+6] = 2+6 = 8, [1d6+4] = 2+4 = 6
Wolf [1d20+5] = 13+5 = 18, [2d6+3] = 3+3 = 6


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:07 pm 
Offline
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Joined:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:48 pm
Posts: 832
Strength save [1d20+5] = 8+5 = 13 just made it.

Val attack the wolf with the halberd [1d20+5] = 10+5 = 15
damage: [1d10+3] = 4+3 = 7
Val will use his bonus action to the second wind feature and regain [1d10+1] = 10+1 = 11
He might use his reaction to use his stone endurance if hit hard by the wolf.
Or if the wolf moves out of his range which is 10 feet because of his halberd he might use his reaction to get a swing in.

perception check disadvantage: [1d20+2] = 2+2 = 4[1d20+2] = 19+2 = 21


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:29 am 
Offline
Prince
Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 5847
Round 1
Ray of Frost: To Hit: [1d20+5] = 7+5 = 12 Dmg: [1d8] = 4
Perception (Dis)Advantage: [1d20+4] = 5+4 = 9 [1d20+4] = 2+4 = 6

Vic will back up SW (assuming up is North). He will use all of his movement if necessary, to get to the corner of the building so he can get half cover if possible.

Round 2

Unless there is something that would get an Attack of Opportunity, he will step out from cover shoot his Chaos Bolt, then step back into half cover from the building.

Using Tide of Chaos to give Adv on the attack roll.
CBolt(Dis)Adv: Hit,Dmg [1d20+5] = 9+5 = 14 [1d20+5] = 6+5 = 11 [1d8] = 2 [1d8] = 5 [1d6] = 4
I'll choose the 5 to make it lightning damage, and a total of 11. 2d8 + 1d6.
Surge: [1d20] = 8

"Bad dog!"


Top
  Profile 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 429 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 29  Next

Advanced search


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group