Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:28 pm

Advanced search

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1892 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70 ... 127  Next
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2 - Getting to the bottom of it?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:14 am 
Duke
Duke

"We might as well stay here for a nights sleep, we can barricade it sufficiently. Getting off the floor sounds like a good idea. Someone should check those racks for traps... That armour and weapons being left unused seems odd to me."

Sue will help with any prep. While doing this he will sample some small pieces of the bland food.

"I'll take a middle watch." Once any chores are done Sue digs into the food if his stomach agrees with the samples he tried.(ie not poisoned)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:05 am 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

No rack traps are to be found.
No adverse effect from the bland food. Yet.

======
Setting up a default watch order might be an idea.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:33 am 
Duke
Duke

Sue will drop the squawking doll with the other magical items.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:42 am 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

It squawks loudly when Sue comes within 5' of it again.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:43 am 
Duke
Duke

Shuddering, he will make sure to stay away more than 5'.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:11 pm 
Marshall
Marshall

Evenwood will sleep with the doll to see what he can learn.

If light is required at any time Woody can pull out the glowing dagger. When Woody is done sleeping and he needs to study his spells he will cast the light spell on a coin so he can read.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:58 pm 
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Jim accepts the coinage from Woody (dragon included) with a nod of thanks and pockets it in his pouch. While working with Sue to stack the bodies, Jim quietly repeats the phrase he heard Sue utter while cutting down the orc attacking Woody. Cocking an eye at Sue he continues in the same esoterically angelic-sounding language "It appears you shall be quite interesting" and bends back to the work at hand.

Once the group is ready to rest, Jim removes the now blood stiffened tattered wreck that is left of his shirt and simply discards it. Looking down at the ruined pants clinging to him he ruefully laments "It seems I shall need to find some clothing when we return to surface." Jim will lay down on the makeshift platforms and rest for the 4 hours he needs and will spend the next 4 hours seeing if he can puzzle out anything details about the magical items the party has acquired.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:05 am 
Duke
Duke

Realizing he didn't do anything with the coins offered to him, Sue takes the dragon, and gives the rest back to Woody. He then hands the dragon to Nix.

Once awake he will commune with Lathander for his spells for the day.

Stretching he will ask. "Anyone have the foggiest clue of the time? I'll admit I have no idea."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:17 am 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

"Try listening at the well?" offers Alecia.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:19 am 
Duke
Duke

"Good idea. If everyone is ok, I'll take the sword. It has a glow like a permanent Light spell and cannot be suppressed voluntarily. It also makes it easier to hit my target and a successful hit delivers radiant damage to the unholy. The armour provides normal protection but has that same Light spell quality. I don't have anything to cover it properly now, so it can be added to the magical item pile. What did you guys find out about any other items?"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:49 am 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

"Clothes? You could try the Black Banners, Jim. Might have something," suggests Alecia.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:29 pm 
Marshall
Marshall

"This cloth doll is has the following abilities":

When the cloth doll is within 5' of you, you can spend a short rest telling it to say up to six phrases none of which can be more than six words long, and set a condition under which the doll speaks each phrase. You can also replace old phrases with new ones. Whatever the condition, it must occur within 5' of the doll to make it speak. The doll's phrases are lost when the attunement to the doll ends. The doll also allows the attuned bearer to speak and understand bugbear.

I have set it up with the same words it had before just in case it has meaning for us this this underdark.
1) Orc within 5'
2) Picked up by an orc
3) Put down by an orc
4) Bugbear within 5'
5) Picked up by a bugbear
6) Put down by a bugbear

"Sue I think you should wear the armor even if it shead light. Alecia and I can also use our light spell. Jim can still be sneaking around at the front. If we are detected by other creature it might give Jim an advantage as he will be in the dark ahead of us.I still have a few darkvision potions but I would prefer to save them for now."

Once fully rested Woody will cast the Alarm spell once again on the back wall of the room to trigger his Arcane Ward.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:16 pm 
Duke
Duke

"The sword when drawn shines the same light. I'd prefer to control when I'm a beacon. If I had a robe, I would probably wear it. Anyone have that nifty mending spell for Jims clothes? He looks a bit cold"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:38 pm 
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

When the others awaken they find a topless haggard looking Jim sitting waiting for them. Jim tells them that he sent the last couple hours trying to determine the nature of the idol, the six sided die and 1 of the 2 remaining potions that had not been identified. He tells the group that the potion is one of healing, similar in strength to other ones they have found. "The idol is a holy symbol of Gruumsh, God of orcs, I do not know what it does other than to make one feel exhausted but it can stay here for all I care. The die is interesting however. Once a day you can toss the die and you will gain a temporary boost to your health. If none of you mind, I'd like to take the next hour to attune myself to the die. Perhaps one of you could divine the nature of the remaining unknown potion while I do so"

If no one objects, Jim will attune the die to himself over the next hour

To ALecia, Jim will reply "The Black Banners... I do not believe I am familiar with that.. establishment? I thank you for the recommendation Lady."

To anyone who even glances at Jim, it is apparent that he looks like he is in need of a nights rest.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:23 am 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

"Holy symbol? That's the same as a Divine Focus. Jim. The shaman must have used it for casting spells, "expounds Alecia. "Like this is my one." She holds up a threaded coin. "Flip a coin, guess right - good luck. Tymora - goddess of good luck. Makes sense?"
She smiles, "Well, you really are having a moment. Must be the tiredness. The Black Banners were the group, the Adventuring Company, that had been attacked by the bugbears that we fought yesterday." As ab afterthought the cleric adds, Alecia offers, "I can Mend your clothes if you want, Jim. But I can't do anything about those really stubborn stains. Like blood."

She takes the proffered potion. "That one? It's another vial of Holy Water."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1892 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70 ... 127  Next

Advanced search