PlanetADnD.com
http://www.padnd.com/forums/

Chapter 2 - Getting to the bottom of it?
http://www.padnd.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=3335
Page 128 of 135

Author:  Chris1234 [ Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:08 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Chapter 2 - Getting to the bottom of it?

Woody scuttles back behind Jim, taking his Mage Hand and staff with him.
Jim stands guard.
Sue throws a dagger into the central mass of filaments (off to the the party's left). There is no overt response.
The screeching noise continues from somewhere ahead.

What next?

======
Where has Woody moved the Mage Hand (and staff) to?
Another 1d12 roll, please

Author:  counterkid [ Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:15 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Chapter 2 - Getting to the bottom of it?

Woody moved it back to his hand and turned off the light spell.

Author:  counterkid [ Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:16 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Chapter 2 - Getting to the bottom of it?

[1d12] = 3 for the d12

Author:  Nocturno [ Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:21 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Chapter 2 - Getting to the bottom of it?

"Excuse me gentlemen." Sue will move towards the barrier. He will pick out his Glaive as he moves. If nothing changes or stops him he will start trying to cut a space in the fungus the size of the pathway.

Author:  Chris1234 [ Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:03 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Chapter 2 - Getting to the bottom of it?

Sue moves steadily, passing Woody and then Jim, pulling out his glaive as he does so to close most of the fifty feet to the gray biomass. The screeching persists. The general debris on the three foot wide path and generous coating of slime makes the terrain difficult.
Sue raises his polearm ready to strike at the fungal barrier some ten feet in front of him.

======
50' of difficult terrain = 3 rounds of careful movement.
(Dash requires an easy Acrobatics skill check).
3 wanderer checks [1d12] = 1, [1d12] = 2, [1d12] = 2

***
Anyone want to do anything else while Sue advances?

Author:  counterkid [ Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:42 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Chapter 2 - Getting to the bottom of it?

Woody will move into 20 feet of Sue expecting Jim to be in front of him.
Woody will fire a ray of frost is things go wrong for Sue.

Author:  Chris1234 [ Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Chapter 2 - Getting to the bottom of it?

Attachment:
Sewer 12' wide.png
Sewer 12' wide.png [ 15.62 KiB | Viewed 2145 times ]
Key: 2.5' squares. Blue = sewer liquids, dark brown = 3' wide walkway, light brown = curved sewer pipe walls, dark gray = biomass

======
Is Jim doing anything other than standing guard?

***
Is the map intelligible?

Author:  Nocturno [ Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Chapter 2 - Getting to the bottom of it?

Yes, Sue will see what trying to clear a 1ft wide path 2 ft deep takes.

Author:  Chris1234 [ Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Chapter 2 - Getting to the bottom of it?

After about twenty steady heartbeats Sue has cut a one foot wide swathe two or three feet into the gray filament-enveloped fungus. The screeching is unrelenting.
He steps a few feet closer to be able to attack and clear a similar area.
From his closer vantage point the paladin can see that after the nearest five feet of barrier the general height of the organic barrier drops from about five feet to hour feet in height.

***
Anyone doing anything different to this? Or just repeating until something changes?

======
Is Woody at the rear of the party? Or is that Jim?
3 wanderer checks [1d12] = 7, [1d12] = 9, [1d12] = 4

Author:  Squirrellord [ Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:03 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Chapter 2 - Getting to the bottom of it?

Jim is standing guard keeping an eye out for trouble. When Sue's intentions became apparent, Jim would have advised "Along the eastern wall. Might be easier going there."

Author:  counterkid [ Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Chapter 2 - Getting to the bottom of it?

Jim is in front of Woody at this point. Woody is consistently looking behind him.

Author:  Nocturno [ Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Chapter 2 - Getting to the bottom of it?

"That may be true, but, I'm not looking forward to walking through the slop." Sue continues to hack.

Author:  Chris1234 [ Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:49 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Chapter 2 - Getting to the bottom of it?

With Woody as rear-guard, Jim keeps an eye out for trouble approaching from the north.
Little can be heard over the persistent screeching.

Sue hacks another few feet into the grey mass , treading on the resultant slop as he advanced a few feet to be able to reach a similar area.
With Jim's urging, Sue looks for, and sees, a less dense route* hard against the east wall, almost a game trail, although for what kind of game is a mystery.
As he does so, the half-orc looks up at exactly the right time and sees, about forty feet to the north, some swarms of rats running lightly over the gray barrier towards him.
Jim also sees the approaching menace.
Attachment:
Sewer 12' wide.png
Sewer 12' wide.png [ 18.88 KiB | Viewed 2090 times ]
Key: 2.5' squares. Blue = sewer liquids, dark brown = 3' wide walkway, light brown = curved sewer pipe walls, dark gray = 5' high biomass, light gray = 4' high biomass,

======
*Progress with hacking out a path would be 50% faster.

Initiative time, please.
Jim and Sue gain advantage on initiative.
Jim and Sue also gain advantage on their first round action.

Author:  counterkid [ Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Chapter 2 - Getting to the bottom of it?

Initiative:

[1d20+2] = 18+2 = 20

Author:  Chris1234 [ Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Chapter 2 - Getting to the bottom of it?

======
And what are the intentions (and any rolls) for round 1 ?

Page 128 of 135 All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/