Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:30 am

Advanced search




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1666 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105 ... 112  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2 - Getting to the bottom of it?
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 5:50 pm 
Offline
Duke
Duke
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 5130
"Ok, Jim, let's put her down." Sue will move to flank T4 with Jim, making sure his Hunter's Mark

Longsword: To hit (Dis)Advantage: [1d20+5] = 18+5 = 23 [1d20+5] = 15+5 = 20 Damage [1d8+3] = 3+3 = 6
Hunter's Mark: [1d6] = 1


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2 - Getting to the bottom of it?
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 1:10 am 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 6811
After the team talk everyone takes their places. After n expectant pause, Roger lurches off to start proceedings, munching a mushroom en route.

Round 2
Roger’s heatbeams stab into the ground as Wrinkly-troll staggers sideways from the previous onslaught. The melee experts do better however, Sue flanking and drawing a red line in the ribs [#T4, 7 slash dam] and Jim striking more body blows with mace and fist. [#T4, 9 & 7 crush dam] The 9’ troll collapses, writhing around in pain.

At the last moment Woody switches targets, hammering Blubbery–troll with three emerald bolts of energy. [#T3, 14 force dam] Nix adds some more pain to Wrinkly-troll. [#T4, 2 force dam]

Alecia splits her options, scorching Blubbery-troll with a shadowy flame [#T4,3 radiant damage] and smashing the downed Wrinkly troll with a divine warhammer. [#T4, 9 force dam]

The prone troll continues to flail on the floor, bellowing in pain as some of its wounds heal. [#T4, +10HP] The other troll, Blubbery-troll, howls, drops its armful of rocks and charges the nearest visible target – Sue, piercing his chain mail and making two deep wounds in the paladin’s chest. [#T3 to Sue, 13 slash & 13 slash dam] There is an answering call from the east: a bellow that rattles one’s teeth, followed by pounding footsteps that vibrate through the cavern floor as a Baservillian howl echoes around the cavern. Roger starts chattering, “Ummm I think that translates as, ‘Daddy’s home!’, and he’s finished walking the dog.”
Attachment:
Advance to engage 26.png
Advance to engage 26.png [ 39.8 KiB | Viewed 292 times ]
10' squares

***
Actions (and rolls) for round 3?

=====
Initiative
Roger 23
Sue 20
Jim 19
Woody 18
Nix 17
Alecia 16
T4 5
T3 4

Roger HB [1d20+5] = 7+5 = 12, [1d20+5] = 4+5 = 9, [3d6] = 16, [3d6] = 13
Troll DEX DC13 disadv, dam [1d20+1] = 2+1 = 3, [1d20+1] = 19+1 = 20, [1d8] = 3
Alecia Spiritual Weapon [1d20+5] = 9+5 = 14 [1d8+3] = 6+3 = 9
#T4 claw crit, claw crit [4d6+4] = 9+4 = 13, [4d6+4] = 9+4 = 13


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2 - Getting to the bottom of it?
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 7:46 am 
Offline
Duke
Duke
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 5130
"Fire on this one, now!" Sue says gasping and pointing at T4.

Making sure she doesn't get up and rush the casters Sue stays put and uses 10 of his remaining Lay on Hands healing on himself.(10, Action.) He will also stop concentrating on Hunter's Mark, and cast Shield of Faith on himself.(Bonus)

"Jim I have a shield for you, if come stand by me." (Reaction)

Sue pops a mushroom.
[1d4] = 4

omfg lol

[1d4] = 1

[1d20] = 17


Last edited by Nocturno on Sun May 19, 2019 10:41 am, edited 3 times in total.

Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2 - Getting to the bottom of it?
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 10:06 am 
Offline
Merchant
Merchant

Joined:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:48 pm
Posts: 485
Woody: attack with firebolt T4. If a read correctly the troll is still alive as it regenerated.[1d20+6] = 17+6 = 23
advantage [1d20+6] = 16+6 = 22
Needs to be hit with fire damage to say down: [1d10] = 2

Woody holds his position.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2 - Getting to the bottom of it?
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:16 am 
Offline
King
King
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 8355
Location:
somewhere in the aether
===
nix targets the most injured troll
nix eld blst hit adv, dmg [1d20+6] = 4+6 = 10, [1d20+6] = 1+6 = 7, [1d10] = 1
..
yep.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2 - Getting to the bottom of it?
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 11:14 am 
Offline
Marshall
Marshall

Joined:
Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:13 pm
Posts: 644
With quick glance to the east, Jim will pop over to the west side of Sue to stand shoulder to shoulder and take a swing and a kick at T3
To Hit: [1d20+7] = 18+7 = 25 , Mace Damage: [1d6+5] = 3+5 = 8
To Hit: [1d20+7] = 17+7 = 24 , Unarmed Damage: [1d4+5] = 2+5 = 7


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2 - Getting to the bottom of it?
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 1:31 pm 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 6811
Round 3
Roger’s heatbeams stab out again, one again, the other into Blubbery-troll who bellows wildly, eyes the size of dinner plates. [#T3, 4 fire dam] Seeing the miss, Sue calls, "Fire on this one, now!" pointing at the prone troll. [#T4] The paladin pauses as if concentrating and then adds, "Jim I have a shield for you, if come stand by me."

With a glance eastwards Jim moves to stand at Sue’s shoulder and maces Blubbery-troll in the thigh, following with a kick to the knee. [#3, 8 & 7 crush dam] Woody switches targets again, this time hitting with a small gob of fire that is sufficient to extinguish Wrinkly troll forever. [#T4, 2 fire dam]

Possibly put off by the bellowing, booming and howling coming from the other side of the rocky outcrop, Nix loses focus and blasts the cavern floor harmlessly. The column of shadowy flame misses Blubbery-troll but sets up Alecia’s strike to its forehead with a Spiritual Warhammer. [#T3, 10 radiant dam] The large creature's legs wobble.

Blubbery-troll’s rage is unabated as it overwhelms Sue’s defense with a wicked bite and pair of claw strikes. [#T4, Sue: 10 pierce, 7 slash, 8 slash dam] The eastern bellowing abates but pounding footsteps sound much closer.
Attachment:
Advance to engage 27.png
Advance to engage 27.png [ 21.48 KiB | Viewed 260 times ]
Key: 10' square. Black = dead, red = wounded, green = unharmed

***
Actions (and rolls) for round 4?

=====
Initiative
Roger 23
Sue 20
Jim 19
Woody 18
Nix 17
Alecia 16
T4 5 [#T4 is dead]
T3 4 [#T3 is wounded

Roger HB [1d20+5] = 10+5 = 15, [1d20+5] = 7+5 = 12, [3d6] = 4, [3d6] = 8
#T3 DEX save DC13 [1d20+1] = 14+1 = 15
Alecia Spiritual Weapon [1d20+5] = 8+5 = 13
Alecia Spiritual Weapon adv [1d20+5] = 11+5 = 16
#T3 bite, claws [1d20+7] = 17+7 = 24, [1d20+7] = 14+7 = 21, [1d20+7] = 14+7 = 21
#T3 dam [1d6+4] = 6+4 = 10, [2d6+4] = 3+4 = 7, [2d6+4] = 4+4 = 8


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2 - Getting to the bottom of it?
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 2:51 pm 
Offline
Duke
Duke
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 5130
"Looks like I have his attention. Let's try to flank him Jim." Sue grabs another mushroom and tosses it into his mouth.
[1d4] = 1
[1d20] = 5

Sue will cast cure wounds on himself.(Action)Cure Wounds: [1d8+2] = 4+2 = 6

Having to be satisfied with the shape he is in Sue will save his reaction if anyone needs protection in range.

=============================
Should leave him at 20 HP.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2 - Getting to the bottom of it?
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 2:58 pm 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 6811
Roger wobbles and his heat beams stab the ground.

======
Roger HB [1d20+5] = 6+5 = 11, [1d20+5] = 3+5 = 8, [3d6] = 12, [3d6] = 8


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2 - Getting to the bottom of it?
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 3:27 pm 
Offline
Marshall
Marshall

Joined:
Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:13 pm
Posts: 644
Jim moves to the south side of T3 to attempt to gain flanking while saying "That's a BIG dog coming. Don't flake on us Roger."

He will take a swing with his mace as well as a side kick to T3 popping a mushroom is his mouth as soon as his information has been relayed.
To Hit: [1d20+7] = 16+7 = 23 , Mace Damage: [1d6+5] = 3+5 = 8 (Dis)Advantage: [1d20] = 8
To Hit: [1d20+7] = 18+7 = 25 , Unarmed Damage: [1d4+5] = 3+5 = 8 (Dis)Advantage: [1d20] = 12
Mushroom Heal: [1d4] = 2


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2 - Getting to the bottom of it?
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 8:40 pm 
Offline
King
King
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 8355
Location:
somewhere in the aether
===
Nix will hold until the dog thin appears and blast it with a ray of frost. if it hasnt appeared by the end of the round he wil blast whatever foe is nearest his allies

nix RoFrost hit w/adv, dmg [1d20+6] = 10+6 = 16, [1d20+6] = 7+6 = 13, [1d8] = 6


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2 - Getting to the bottom of it?
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 8:50 pm 
Offline
Merchant
Merchant

Joined:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:48 pm
Posts: 485
[1d20+6] = 20+6 = 26
advantage : [1d20+6] = 4+6 = 10
critical hit: T3 damage [1d10] = 4 + [1d10] = 3 = 7


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2 - Getting to the bottom of it?
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 12:28 am 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 6811
Round 4
Roger wobbles and his heat beams stab the ground as Sue shouts, "Looks like I have his attention. Let's try to flank him, Jim," and then casts a spell. As suggested Jim slips behind Blubbery-troll and crunches its kidney twice with a mace swing followed by a spiraling kick. [#T3, 8 crush & 8 crush dam] The creature measures its seven foot length on the ground where it writhes around in pain. Jim adds encouragingly, “That's a BIG dog coming. Don't flake on us Roger."

Woody puts an end to the downed troll with a Fire Bolt to the head [#T3, 7 fire dam] while Nix prepares a spell. Mace tucked away, Alecia smacks the now-dead troll [#T3, 4 force dam] with her Spiritual Weapon as she edges forwards and prepares a spell.

There’s a deafening bellow and pounding noise, shaking Sue’s and Jim’s teeth, as an eleven foot tall troll bursts into the light following and clutching the chain of a chest-high red-eyed hound.

The appearance of another fiery dog triggers a pair of prepared spells. Nix chills it with a Ray of Frost [#D4, 6 cold dam, -10’Sp] and Alecia shrouds it in a shadowy flame. [#D4, 8 radiant dam] Nix’s spell prevents the canine from being able to reach and sink its inches-long rending teeth into Jim. It huffs, chest aglow, and breathes a cone of flame at Jim. [Jim: 27 fire dam, DC12 DEX save for ½] The yellow-nosed troll looms over Jim threateningly.

Reinforced by Jim’s encouragement Roger holds his ground.
Attachment:
Advance to engage 28.png
Advance to engage 28.png [ 16.71 KiB | Viewed 229 times ]
Key: 10' square. Black = dead, red = wounded, green = unharmed


***
Actions (and rolls) for round 5?

=====
Initiative
Roger 23
Sue 20
Jim 19
Woody 18
Nix 17
Alecia 16
D3 11
T5 8
T3 4 [#T3 is dead]
T
D3 DEX save disadv DC13 [1d20+1] = 10+1 = 11, [1d20+1] = 7+1 = 8
Alecia Spiritual Weapon dam [1d8] = 8 oops actually Sacred Flame
D3 fire dam [6d6] = 27
Roger Will Save DC10 to hold position [1d20] = 19


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2 - Getting to the bottom of it?
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 12:31 am 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 6811
Four azure darts arc from Roger to pound the big Hell Hound in the chest. [#D3, 14 force dam] "Getthedog! Getthedog! Killthedog!" he yammers.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2 - Getting to the bottom of it?
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 4:31 am 
Offline
Merchant
Merchant

Joined:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:48 pm
Posts: 485
Woody will fire a firebolt at T5 Advantage: [1d20+6] = 20+6 = 26
[1d20+6] = 16+6 = 22 critical hit.
damage: [1d10] = 2[1d10] = 10 = 12 damage


Top
  Profile 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1666 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105 ... 112  Next

Advanced search


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group