Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:49 am

Advanced search

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1822 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122  Next
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2 - Getting to the bottom of it?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:24 am 
Duke
Duke

=============
Ok, I was reading those prices as dragons. Sue will not be making a deposit.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:55 am 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Squirrellord wrote:
Before leaving the inn, Jim will ask Daisy and/or Durnan if he is around if they know what the four hard dark stones he picked up in the dungeon are. He will pull them out of his bag for them to inspect. ...
Durnan looks disinterested and goes on polishing the bar. "Same type of stone," says Daisy. "Possibly part of something larger?"

Squirrellord wrote:
...Jim follows Sue to the temple and when he finds out the cost of storing their loot he gives a low whistle and replies "10 dragons for 30 days? It seems keeping wealth is an expensive endeavor."...
Dawngreeter Bromley replies, "But perhaps less expensive than having one's valuables lost or redistributed in some undesired manner."

======
Squirrellord wrote:
...OOC - I do not know if Jim still has a room at the temple. ...
If Jim's background were Acolyte then he would. I believe his background is Hermit though, would does not grant free board & lodging.

Squirrellord wrote:
...I assume he would since I don't think he took his research with him when he went to meet Daisy. ...
It can be found duly boxed, labelled and filed in the temple library's basement.

Squirrellord wrote:
...So does Jim still have a room at the temple?
Not unless he has a Background with an appropriate Feature, such as that for Acolyte.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:26 pm 
Marshall
Marshall

"I do not have quarters here anymore Sue. It would appear that despite my newfound wealth I find myself homeless." Taking a moment to think, he asks Sue "If you have any ideas as to a course of action I am open to suggestions. If not, I'll take my belongings and see if I can find somewhere to purchase lodgings and perhaps a secure place to hold my earnings that won't cost a third of my gold to hold my gold for a year."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:46 am 
Duke
Duke

"Not to worry friend. I have a place we can keep our belongings without going broke. I have a feeling I will be relieved of most of my new found wealth soon. Very soon, I've had my eye on an upgrade to my armour lately." He will sigh and look at the temple workers.

"I appreciate the hospitality, but your services are beyond my means at the moment." He will look to Jim.

"Are you purchasing any of the vials?" No matter the answer Sue will head back to the door, ready to leave.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:46 pm 
Marshall
Marshall

"Based on my last 24 hours with you I think I should probably get 1."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:21 pm 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Upon handing over three suns (or thirty dragons or equivalent) Jim is handed a vial of healing potion [2d4+2].

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:37 pm 
Marshall
Marshall

Jim hands over the suns and accepts the vial with a bow of thanks and joins Sue as the latter is exiting the building. "Lead on friend." Jim stows away the potion and the sack he pulled the coins from securely and follows Sue out into the city.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:31 am 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

The Dawnmaster makes the hands symbol of a rising sun and the adventurers emerge once again into Castle Ward.
Passing south into Trades Ward gives a noticeable increase in the amount and quality of the traffic. It's noisier.

Whilst moving through the district it's almost impossible to avoid physical contact with those passing.
At one point a lad with as empty cart almost loses control and runs into the pair.
Jim hears a faint noise of cloth on cloth behind him and sees a young halfling couple, twins by the look, one reaching towards something at Jim's back and the other stood slightly further back behind Sue.
Sue doesn't notice anything until Jim half turns to deflect the outstretched arm.
There's a noise from the other direction, "Oi! You! Brat! Come back with my cart!"

The trio of youngsters melt away into the crowd and the man repossesses his cart. "Thanks. Only left it for a minute."
He wears the armband of the Porters' Guild. Unless stopped, he continues about his business.

Nix and Sue continue on to Sue's safe house to leave valuables.
That done, they head to South Ward to Woody's mum's house to find that he's out shopping.

Do Sue or Nix want to do anything while waiting for Woody?
Otherwise Woody's mum offers them some watery ale and oatmeal biscuits while they wait for maybe a third of a bell and Woody turns up.

The trio have time to eat, refresh themselves and so forth before it's time for Sue to collect some armour back in Castle Ward.

What next?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:38 am 
Duke
Duke

When at the safe house Sue will grab a pack, and bring all the evidence from before the undermountain voyage, so he can catch everyone up.

Sue will suggest they wait at Woody's place.

"Ah your biscuits, I have great memories eating these. Woody has come along with his spells. He must have blown parts of your house apart while practicing."
======
While Jim's player knows I bought armour, Jim doesn't. That was all in my private thread. I dont want to play that all out again, just putting it here somewhere.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:48 am 
Merchant
Merchant

"Thanks for coming Sue." "Mom Sue is the one that gave me the opportunity to gather treasure. I'm very grateful for his help. Sue I gathered some healing potions for our next adventure."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:01 am 
Duke
Duke

"Did you get something so you can see in the dark? Those kinds of potions must get costly."

He will give Woody a signal that he wants to talk to him alone.

"Hey, do you still have that thing hidden in your room? Don't bother getting up Jim. We'll be right back."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:03 pm 
Merchant
Merchant

"I have goggles of night now. I haven't found a seller for darkvision potion. Come to my lab Sue".

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:22 pm 
Duke
Duke

Sue will get up and follow Woody. When they get to the lab, he will look around to see if anyone else is around. He will pull something small out of his pocket.

=====/=============
Jim has no idea what Sue is going to do, but Jim's player know what's going down. Should I just post here?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:35 pm 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Nocturno wrote:
...======
Jim has no idea what Sue is going to do, but Jim's player know what's going down. Should I just post here?
Sure.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:05 pm 
Duke
Duke

He reveals the item.
Attachment:
Harper Pin.png
Harper Pin.png [ 36.23 KiB | Viewed 76 times ]

"Those two at the Inn were Harpers as well." He will lift his lapel, revealing his pin.

"I've been recruited to help breakup a smuggling ring. They have been connected to at least one murder. We have a meeting at 9 bells, the otherside is owed two 'Moons, we are going to goin as the owing party, to see if we can find out what they are smuggling, who is smuggling, and to intercept the shipment."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1822 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122  Next

Advanced search