Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:12 am

Advanced search

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 717 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2 - Getting to the bottom of it?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:40 pm 
King
King

Nix uses his Eldritch Sight to determine if anything is magical, and mentions that the breastplate still looks servicable to him.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:10 am 
Prince
Prince

The group settle into a search, strip and categorize routine while Jim keeps watch from the NE corner of the corridor. In addition to the dagger taken by Sue, the book briefly examined by Woody and the chain shirt appropriated by Alecia, after discarding compromised items & cut-off armour, the process amasses:

From Bearded Man - knapsack, quarterstaff, worn our robes, canvas belt, tinderbox & flint.

From Burly Man - longsword, sack, one day's rations.

From Thin Blonde-haired Man - a silver coin on a fine, broken silver chain, mace, sturdy leather belt, satchel, 1 day's rations.

From One-eared Man - gray leather armour, ear, thieves' tools

From Scarface - battleaxe, broadsword

From Redhead - sack, spare boots.

From Brown-haired Man - sack, 1 day's rations, hand axe, belt, oily cloth, whetstone.

From 3 Bugbears - 3 war hammers, 3 pair of clubs

Nix's Eldridge Sight shows him that the book Woody holds, the dagger Sue appropriated and the 2 vials of bubbling transparent liquid are all magical.

Alecia says, "The silver coin, the one on the broken necklace, is a Tymoran holy icon." With assistance from cloak held up by Nix, Alecia is able to preserve her modesty whilst jettisoning her leather armour and donning a savaged chainmail shirt.

Woody studies the wooden book further and establishes that it is a spellbook that contains 3 spells.

Jim detects nothing untoward from the south or west. For good measure, after the group have finished looting, Jim examines the apparent dead end in the southern corridor. It indeed appears to be no more than that: a dead end. Nix's Eldridge Sight doesn't reveal anything significant here.

======
Updated:
Two vials of amber liquid, 2 vials of bubbling transparent liquid being carried by Alecia.

Further updated:
Also taken by the party:
Sue: 3 daggers, shortsword , belt with snarling-lion-headed brass buckle, fine metal gauntlets, glaive, leather purse (1 sun, 12 dragons, 2 sambats, 13 shards & 24 nebs, a gold ring, a tiny bronze sword & 3 small red bloodstones), 7 pairs of bugbear ears
Woody: Brass ring, wooden spellbook & magical dagger
Jim: folding grapnel, 70' coil of waxed rope and the sturdy leather belt
Alecia: chain shirt & 1 dagger

?Sue: soft gray leather boots & matching gloves, lockpicks ?
??breastplate is carried by ??

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:20 pm 
Freeman
Freeman

Woody will take one days ration. " Take what you need and let move on. We will figure out the potion during our next rest."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:52 pm 
Count
Count

"Let's just throw the money into one bag and split on the rest also." Sue will take the purses and see if he can get them all into one of the larger ones.

"Someone who is less likely to be hit take the potions, yes?"

If Nix shares that the dagger is magical, "Anyone want to use this? Seems like someone could put it to better use than just throwing it."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:40 am 
Prince
Prince

Testing her recently adjusted chain shirt Alecia grimaces "I can take the bottles if you want."
Attachment:
Stocktake.png
Stocktake.png [ 9.58 KiB | Viewed 153 times ]

======
Alecia now has AC18

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:54 pm 
Freeman
Freeman

"I could use the magical dagger but I probably won't use it much. Many Jim can use it."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:53 pm 
Artisan
Artisan

Assuming Nix is sharing info on the dagger being magical and the previous comments have indeed been said, Jim would reply to Woody's comment with "I would prefer to know what magic I would handle before the handling of it if at all possible." With a slight tap to the head of his mace Jim continues "I'll stick with this old knocker until we know what magic that dagger is imbued with. Thank you for the offer Woody."

Looking over the pile of assorted gear that has been accumulated, Jim pulls out the sturdy leather belt and fastens it around his waist. Grabbing the folding grapnel and waxed rope he adds them to his pack. Looking the pile over again he grabs the soft gray leather boots, the matching gloves and the thieves' tools and hands them to Sue. "Based on these tools and the fact the boots have hidden compartments, I think that these gloves and boots are specialty made items... " With a questioning look at Sue Jim continues "Would someone in your line of work know of a person who would be willing to pay well for these? We are here for coin after all."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:31 am 
Prince
Prince

Combining the pile valuables gives a belt-purse containing: 1 sun, 12 dragons, 2 sambats, 11 shards, 26 nebs, 3 small bloodstone, a tiny bronze sword and a brass ring.

Vaguely dissatisfied with the piecemeal approach from the older males the cleric tries, “Look, how about we organise this? Does anyone want anything from either of these two piles?”
She indicates the stuff from the Bugbears (3 war hammers, 3 pair of clubs, 1 short sword) and Bearded Man’s kit (knapsack, quarterstaff, worn our robes, canvas belt, tinderbox & flint.)
Alecia shudders at the thought of holding on to 14 very hairy ears, thinking ‘Who has those anyway? Gross!’
Keeping her tone level she continues, “Or is there anything in them that we should keep for coin? If not, let’s move these to the ‘leave behind’ pile?”

She updates her map and then stows it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:44 pm 
Count
Count

"Coins can be separated whenever, I'm not concerned too much on coin. I'll take the shortsword to add to my armoury, unless anyone else wants it. I don't need any of the other things."

He looks to Jim:
"I know someone who will like those."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:37 pm 
Freeman
Freeman

"Therefore I will take the magical dagger for now. If for some reason someone needs it for combat down the road I would be more than willing to hand it off."
"What do you want to do now. Go down the we will die hallway or track back and try a different path?"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:02 am 
Prince
Prince

"Well, if you're asking me, I think we finish sifting through these piles and take anything heavy that we want to sell back to the bottom of the Yawning Portal well. On the way back we can finish checking any rooms that we haven't finished and use Light for a better look," floats in Alecia. "We can decide 'where next' after that." She flushes from being so.. forward and turns away, hoping it wasn't noticed.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:43 am 
Count
Count

"I'm good with that suggestion, it will let us see if we missed anything according to the second map, and also go that north route, since it lookes like a dead end."

He will motion towards the north exit from the magical room with the stairs.

"But first once you are all past that hallway, I'd like to check out that hallway of certain death a bit closer."

He will pick up a copper. "If one of you could give me a light?"

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:24 am 
Prince
Prince

With a nod Alecia turns back, moves next to Sue and puts a Light on the coin he holds.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:07 am 
Count
Count

"If everyone is ready. I'm going to toss this down that hallway, once you are all past."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:25 am 
King
King

Nix moves with the others to pass the hall and stands ready for sue's coin-toss

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 717 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next

Advanced search