Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:00 pm

Advanced search




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:43 am 
Online
Emperor
Emperor

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 9069
"Thanks," says Big Ron, testing his ribs. "That feels a whole lot better."

Luka rescues another pair of villagers and is then joined by Val and Unbar, and things start to move faster, with villagers moving from ledge to ledge before being escorted out into the forest to join Vic, Daphne and Big Ron. Isaril keeps watch from the hill above. One fellow, a dwarven male, "Morak's the name! The inn's mine an' proud o' it I am!", does the escorting.

It takes quite a while* before all the surviving villagers are rescued, but eventually they cluster outside:
    Their apparent spokesmen, Morak, and the villaage priest (Hirel),
    the Delfryndel Family - five humans spanning three generations who own and run the mill),
    the Hulvaarn Family - five humans, potato & turnip farmers. The young twins hide behind their mother),
    the Nesper Family - teen broher and sister, hold each other tightly. Thier parents, who were pumpkin and squash farmers, and their older sister, Sylda, were taken away by the goblins,
    the Osstra Family - three male wheat farmers,
    the Summerhawk Family - Taela, a halfling apothecary, locked in her own grief, just comforts her four young children,
    Destiny Agganor, a female tiefling, stands silent and very alone.
[Edit:] Five more guards, all very battered, congregate around Big Ron.

What next?

======
*Anyone that wishes may count this as a Short Rest, spending HD & so forth.


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:32 pm 
Offline
Artisan
Artisan
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:47 pm
Posts: 309
Location:
Western Mountains of North Carolina
Luka

Gathers his pack and gear and approaches the Lone Teifling. Well are you OK? It seems that woman over there with the 4 children could use some help. I have a few weapons if your able to use them. What's your name? I am Luka. Let's get everyone armed and get back to town. Could be more goblins coming back.


Everyone listen up! There is a pile of weapons over in the main cavern. On the way by everyone pick up something they are able to use. With any luck we will make it back to town with out issues but better safe than sorry. Sword, Scimitars, and shortbows are all piled up. Get what you can and all the young ones grab a dagger. Follow me and keep as quiet as possible.


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:30 pm 
Online
Emperor
Emperor

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 9069
The tiefling sobs, "Destiny. I am Destiny . My son was crushed." She sobs again, but moves over towards thedevastated family.

***
The survivoors pretty much absorb any weaponry offered..


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:31 pm 
Offline
Artisan
Artisan
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:47 pm
Posts: 309
Location:
Western Mountains of North Carolina
Luka

Destiny. I am sorry for your loss. I will do what I can to find out who did this and make it right. If I can help in anyway let me know.

He hands her his wine skin.


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:05 pm 
Offline
Knight
Knight

Joined:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:48 pm
Posts: 1417
After everything is said and done Val will lead the villager back to down. If we can find Isaril he will ask him Isaril to lead with him. Val will make sure to help everyone avoid the pit fall at the cave entrance.


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:24 am 
Offline
Artisan
Artisan
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:47 pm
Posts: 309
Location:
Western Mountains of North Carolina
Luka

Will bring up the rear carrying whatever weapons are left in the goblin pile. The town can use them to defend themselves or we can sell them to the trader.

He also keeps an eye on Destiny. Making sure she keeps her mind busy with helping the children and not their losses.


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:55 am 
Offline
Lord
Lord

Joined:
Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:13 pm
Posts: 1373
Unbar calls out "Daphne, Ron, Morak and Hirel. Could I get you for a minute?"
He gathers the people mentioned and calls his companions over. "I understand you have just been through a traumatic event however I do have questions that need to be asked." He tries to keep his voice from reaching the other villagers. "For a fortified village of your size we seem to have a shockingly few amount of survivors here. Even taking into account hungry goblins. Do you know if you were split into groups when taken? I did not see a large amount corpses in town, though I suppose goblins could have taken those for food. I would expect more bodies or survivors from this kind of raid.. unless your numbers were depleted prior to this." He pauses to allow any of the people gathered to respond to him.


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:11 am 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 7286
Vic will go with the group around Unbar.


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:49 am 
Online
Emperor
Emperor

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 9069
A pair of bows and three scimitars reamin after the village guards and villagers have armed themselves.

Luka's attention to Destiny Agganor and the Summerhawk family reveals that her son, Grin, worked the stables for Lady Nandar before he was crushed by the boulder that knocked a hole in the stable roof. The Summerhawks, all strongheart halflings, also lost Taela's husband when a rock fell on their house. Her children are aged ten, eight, six and three.

The two Nesper teens, comforted by the mother, mix with the Hulvaarn family. The Osstras, also farmers, gravitate towards them but keep a distance. The Delfryndel millers remain aloof.

Meanwhile, Unbar, with Vic and Val in attendance, summons Daphne, Big Ron, Morak and Hiral. Ron signals the other guards to stay with the villagers while he stands in attendance to Daphne. Morak looks to Daphne who indicates that he should speak. Hiral stands behind the other three, looking distinctly unconfortable. Morak clears his throat and answers, "Not so much. 'T be a fortified farmin' village. Means fields, y'see. Not so much people as plants 'n' th' like. We came 't th' Drippin' Caves together. Got jumped by the gobbos 'n' their big mates. Only split up when put on the three ledges." He scratches his beards, and looks at Big Ron, "Norman, one of Ron's men, got done for when a rock smashed a tower. The gobbos took another, S'mantha, and not seen 'er since. She were poorly, banged up like, the' ogre pulled off 'er arm an carted 'er off. She be dead fer sure." He runs an eye round the families, and Big Ron fills in some detail, the pair continue, "The Aggonors lost a son in the village an' the Summerhawks their father. Both to rocks. The Hulverns lost their gandfather the same. Delfryndels lost Olaf, the eldest son, to the gobbos as did the Nespers: both parents and the elder sister. And the osstras too, their old mum 'n' young sister. So that's four to rocks 'n' seven to the goblinkin. There, that all of us."

There's time for more conversation as the unwieldy group, Val and Israil taking point, head back towards the village.

What next?

======
If someone would care to give me a 1d12 roll, please.


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:33 pm 
Offline
Artisan
Artisan
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:47 pm
Posts: 309
Location:
Western Mountains of North Carolina
Luka

Gathers the bows and scimitars up and bundles them to travel. Gathers Destiny and helps the Halfling children as he gets ready to travel back to the village.

I will help you in any way I can. Just help each other get back to town and we will be safer from the goblins. I will engage them if they attack from the rear. Get moving as fast as you can if they show up. I buy us time so you all can get away.

He takes up the read with his bow ready.

===============
[1d12]=3


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:43 am 
Offline
Lord
Lord

Joined:
Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:13 pm
Posts: 1373
OOC - not sure if the bow and 3 scimitars that are left is taking into account the gear Unbar was roping together for travel earlier or not. Doesn't really matter much, Unbar was only pulling together raw material for his forge ability to help what survivors they found once back at the village.

Unbar is more than willing to haul back the "spoils" in order to free the others from unnecessary burdens while traveling back.

Unbar looks to Luka "Your watching our backs heading back. I'll pack mule the scrap back to the village so you can keep your hands free for that bow of yours."


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:25 am 
Offline
Artisan
Artisan
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:47 pm
Posts: 309
Location:
Western Mountains of North Carolina
Luka

Sounds good. Pack Mule away, I am getting loaded down anyway. I will fall back a short distance and keep an eye out.


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:21 am 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 7286
Vic will stick near the middle of the group, trying to keep watch out.


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:11 pm 
Online
Emperor
Emperor

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 9069
Taking up heir preferred formation, the villagers are escorted slowly but steadily back towards the village.

Morak joins Val in the vangaurd. He asks the goliath, "So, what brings you to these parts? Are you employed by the Nandars? How fairs Lady Velrossa in her fine stone keep?" Isaril taps his ear to indicate he hears something off to the north and he silently slips away to investigate.

The Osstras, Thelbin and his husband, Brynn, both in their early fifties, and their nephew, Broland, who looks to be about 20, sport spears and clubs and congregate around Unbar at the fron of the main pack. The elder pair of whaet farmers are pleasant enough but don't say very much. Broland however is a real chatterbox, and ask Unbar many questions. "Where are you from, Mr Unbar?", "Have you always lived there, Mr Unbar?", "You're much less grumpy than our Morak, Mr Unbar. Is that because you're a priest?", "Are you a priest of Lathader, My Unbar, like our Mr Mystrum? His first name'e Hiral. Did you know that?", "You seem really brave, Mr Unbar. Is that because you wear armour? Our Mr Mystrum doesn't wear armour, and he's not brave at all.." Thelbin interupts the lad and tells him not to tell tales.

Vic, escorting Lady Daphne in the centre of the goroup, effectively forming a nucleus around which the children and more delicate members of the village cluster. Hiram, the Lathandrian priest, is amongst them. It's rapidly apparent that the ladies congregating around Vic and Daphne know pretty much everything there is to know about the village and the surrounding area. If he chooses Vic may attempt to gain information from the surrounding throng.*

In the rearguard Big Ron and another guard, Marcus, make polite conversation with Luka. If Luka is curious abut about of the villagers or going-on hereabouts then he has penty of opportunity to ask away. Soldiers being what the are, tittle-tattle is alwys fair game.

======
*Vic may delve into lore concerning some particular topic of his choosing about which the villagers could plausibly know. We will resolve this using the research rule (XGE132) without expenditure of time or coin. So, having declared "the focus of the 'research'," Vic may make aeither an Intelligence or Charisma check with advantage.


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:05 pm 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 7286
Vic will try to gather what info they know on the source of the stolen Blackstone.
Charisma [1d20+5]=4+5=9
[1d20]=15

GM Edit: Vic has advantage


Last edited by Nocturno on Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80  Next

Advanced search


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group