Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:15 am

Advanced search




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 387 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 26  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:22 pm 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 6735
Nocturno follows as quietly as he can.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:34 pm 
Offline
Emperor
Emperor
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 9434
Location:
somewhere in the aether
Katten and Linar creep forward as carefully as they can, coming about 25 feet from where the passage opens up into a larger space. In the back of the newly visible space they see a pair of goblins occupying themselves while apparently on guard duty. Neither seems to see the pair yet, though what looks like a large plowblade hangs between them as some sort of primitive alarm. It is impossible to see the rest of the chamber from this distance, but getting closer will certainly make discovery more likely.


====
Katten recalls there are several exits to the chamber ahead

The others are still back down the hall by the incline (brown line on the right side of the map)
one square is 5 feet


Attachments:
Sub Chief 0-960x258.jpg
Sub Chief 0-960x258.jpg [ 39.08 KiB | Viewed 3855 times ]
Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:49 pm 
Offline
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:00 am
Posts: 10779
Location:
United Kingdom
"Kill them, now." Katten whispers in a hushed voice, letting an arrow loose she quicky notches another. "You take left, I take right."

Long Bow (Thaco 18) [1d20] = 13 dmg [1d6] = 2 Hit AC 1 for 2 damage
Long Bow (Thaco 18) [1d20] = 12 dmg [1d6] = 3 Hit AC 2 for 3 damage.

Don't know if she has suprise, if she does heres another arrow.
Long Bow (Thaco 18) [1d20] = 16 dmg [1d6] = 5

_________________
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:55 pm 
Offline
Emperor
Emperor
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 9434
Location:
somewhere in the aether
[she and linar have surprise, so 1 shot each will be in surprise. her other two will be in initiative]

[everyone roll initiative]


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:07 pm 
Offline
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:00 am
Posts: 10779
Location:
United Kingdom
(Doh, missed Init, Init [1d10] = 2)

_________________
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:46 pm 
Offline
Lord
Lord

Joined:
Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:13 pm
Posts: 1175
Initiative: [1d10] = 3

Jordek will approach the 2 scouts up ahead as stealthy as he can if the light continues forward. Whispering extremely quietly "Chitt stay back until the danger has passed"


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:51 pm 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 6735
Initiative: [1d10] = 8

Once he sees the surprise arrows go Nocturno will rush to cover the archers in case any goblins come running up to engage.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:23 am 
Offline
King
King

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 8312
Linar fires the prepared flight arrow on seeing the (LH) goblin next to the primitive alarm.
He then switches to heavier sheaf arrows and lets off up to two more shots (as necessary), advancing 20' or so between the two shots to the RH edge of where the cave opens out*.

======
Init [1d10] = 9 Does DEX reaction mod apply to this?
THAC0 19 [1d20] = 12, [1d6] = 5

Switching to sheaf arrows:
THAC0 19 [1d20] = 13, [1d8] = 2
THAC0 19 [1d20] = 5, [1d8] = 6

Maybe should have stayed with flight arrows, lol.
*Idea is to avoid bottle-necking the party and possibly get a view of the cave (up to see 120').


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:07 pm 
Offline
Emperor
Emperor
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 9434
Location:
somewhere in the aether
[Dex reaction adj does not affect initiative. It makes you harder to surprise, and mitigates penalties for two-weapon use]

Katten and Linar fire their bows at the goblins. The two cry out in pain, but neither falls; though the Drow’s target seems to be wavering on his feet. Several other shouts of alarm come from all around the small room beyond the two scouts’ current line of sight.

Once the arrows are away and it is clear the others are in danger, Nocturno hustles forward to cover the pair. Elden moves with him and the light to stand in the front as well. Jordek, Indendien and Dellinanth move forward to support as well, the elves readying their bows.


[Actions for Nocturno and Jordek for R 1?]
[Katten and Linar’s actions for R1 have already been stated, so will remain unless they want to change them ]
===
Katten fires her Longbow (+2 vs hide) at G4 (AC 6)(+4 vs Goblins)
Thac0 18 vs AC 6 (+6): need 6+ to hit
[1d20] = 12, hit!
For [1d6] = 2 damage
G4 is Hurt!

Linar fires his Longbow (+2 vs hide) at G3 (AC 6)
Thac0 19 vs AC 6 (+2): need 11+ to hit
[1d20] = 12, hit!
For [1d6] = 5 damage
G3 is Hurt Critically!


Attachments:
Sub Chief 0-1_800x411.jpg
Sub Chief 0-1_800x411.jpg [ 107.52 KiB | Viewed 3828 times ]
Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:32 pm 
Offline
King
King

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 8312
Will the other characters give cover to the goblins?


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:49 pm 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 6735
Nocturno will move ahead 25 feet, and attack anything within range.

===============================

That should put him one square into the room past the threshold?


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:52 pm 
Offline
Emperor
Emperor
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 9434
Location:
somewhere in the aether
[people in front of archers wont inhibit them unless the target is in melee with an ally.]


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:50 pm 
Offline
Lord
Lord

Joined:
Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:13 pm
Posts: 1175
Jordek will hang back by any allies that are ranged until the melee seems to be in swing.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:30 am 
Offline
King
King

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 8312
Seeing how awesome Katten is with her bow, Linar relies on her to finish off the pair that they've already just attacked so he sneaks forwards up to 20' along the northern wall to see what he can see.

If a new foe comes into view it gets an arrow and then he doubles back sneakily in a slight arc (5' eastward) to the southern wall along which he progresses westward (total of a further 20') to see what he can see.
Otherwise he keeps going following the N wall for another 10' or 15' (still in sneak mode) until he sees a new foe(s) whereupon he sneakily pulls back 5' along the same wall.


======
MS 65, HS 60 [1d100] = 19
If relevant/required:
LB THAC0 19 & dam [1d20] = 17, [1d8] = 6


Last edited by Chris1234 on Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:10 pm 
Offline
Emperor
Emperor
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 9434
Location:
somewhere in the aether
[I still have 2 rolls for Linar from before so I’ll use those first, in-order]
[Round 1]

We have to keep them from the Alarm. Indendien says briskly. Elden nods and sprints forward, straight into the middle of the room. As his torchlight falls on the goblins around him, he hustles up to the one closest to the rusty plowblade and strikes it hard in the temple with a perfectly-placed punch; dropping it like a stone. Whirling about he practically hops on the balls of his feet; eager for the next.

Indendien fires at the only other opponent she can see, her arrow landing true and killing the goblin behind the human fighter. From the darkness another of the wetrocks tribesmen charges forward, swinging wildly with its mace. The martial artist easily evades the clumsy strike, grinning from ear to ear. You’ll have to do better than that! he says, blocking the alarm from the creature.

Katten fires on the new target, her knowledge of the Nisser helping her easily strike the mark despite the human’s proximity. The small humanoid cries out in pain, but does not yet fall. Growling low, Dran sniffs the air and stays near his mother to protect her from any approaching threats. Dellinanth fires as well, though the shot goes wide from the difficult angle.

Nocturno moves forward steadily, bringing his own torchlight into the room. The chamber proves to have several more exits and occupants… The elven protector braces himself for combat, blocking the way from any goblins rushing past him towards the archers. Another of the newly revealed rushes towards the martial artist, stabbing at him with a makeshift spear. Again the nimble human avoids the blow, his grin widening.

The remaining three goblins all rush towards the armored elf! The Cleric lashes out with his sword, but catches nothing but air. His superior armor deflects spears and maces as the goblins fail to do more than make ineffectual contact. Linar creeps forward and fires, though the shot narrowly misses the mark to avoid striking his ally. The human uses the momentary distraction to his advantage. With a swift spin his foot snaps out like a viper, striking the injured goblin beside him in the head. An audible Crack! issues forth as the creature’s neck breaks from the whiplash and collapses to the cave floor.

More arrows fly as the elves and Katten continue to fire. Indendien curses quietly as her bowstring snaps, though the Feliz manages to strike one of the goblins threatening Nocturno.


[Actions R2?]
[For Jordek, can I get a quick ‘end of R1’ action since he said he was holding for melee but not what. and then also actions for R2]
[the areas around Elden and Nocturno are illuminated by torchlight. Visibility is restricted to a 15 foot radius around them because the torches interfere with infravision.]
[not sure what is going on with unseen servant, but I have been getting some crazy results including several duplicate results (including crits, which I discarded as just ridiculous) I’m going to start splitting up some rolls to hopefully avoid this.]
===
Init:
Jordek: (3+? ) =
Elden: (5+3 natl attk) = 8
Indendien: (1+8 Longbow) = 9
G6: (mace) = 9
Katten: (2+8 Longbow) = 10
Dran: (7+3 natl attk) = 10
Dellinanth: (2+8 Longbow) = 10
Nocturno: (8+5 Longsword ) = 13
G4: (spear) = 13
G9: (spear) = 13
G5: (mace) = 14
G8: (mace) = 14
G7: (spear) = 16
Linar: (9+8 Longbow) = 17
G3: (mace) = 17

Init Elden, Dellinanth, Indendien, Dran [1d10] = 5, [1d10] = 2, [1d10] = 1, [1d10] = 7
Init G3, 4, 5, 6 [1d10] = 10, [1d10] = 7, [1d10] = 7, [1d10] = 2
Init G7, 8, 9 [1d10] = 10, [1d10] = 7, [1d10] = 7
hmm… exact same rolls for first 3 d10 in a row… smells fishy…

Jordek holds near Indendien and Dellinanth

Elden moves West and North 55 feet and attacks G4 with martial arts while wearing studded leather (-1)
Thac0 18 vs AC 6(-1): need 13+
Elden vs G4 martial arts [1d20] = 19, Hit!
Result 19, 1 pt chart adjustment for specialization, adjust up to Head Punch (higher dmg and KO%)
Elden does 3 dmg (chart) +1 (specialist) + 3 (str) = 7 dmg!
G4 Goes down!
3/4 of unarmed dmg is temporary.
(the area around Elden is illuminated by his torch. Those without darkvision can see in 15 foot radius around Elden)

Indendien fires her Longbow (+2 piercing vs Hide) at G3
[1d20] = 17, hit!
For [1d8] = 2 damage
G3 DIES!

G6 moves West to bash at Elden (AC 6) with his mace
[1d20] = 12, miss!
G6 vs Elden mace [1d20] = 12, [1d6] = 1

Katten fires her Longbow (+2 vs hide) at G6 (AC 6) in melee with Elden (-4 target 1 size category smaller than ally)(+4 vs Goblins)
Thac0 18 vs AC 6 (+2): need 10+ to hit
[1d20] = 12, hit!
For [1d6] = 3 damage
G6 is Hurt Badly![/i}

Dran holds near Katten

Dellinanth fires his Longbow (+2 vs hide) at G6 (AC 6) in melee with Elden (-4 target 1 size category smaller than ally)
[1d20] = 4, miss!

Nocturno moves 25 feet West and holds (ready to attack anything that comes in range)

G4 is DOWN

G9 moves North 25 feet to stab (-1 pierce vs Stud leather) at Elden (AC 6) with his spear
[1d20] = 14, miss! (barely)
G9 vs Elden spear [1d20] = 14, [1d6] = 1

G5 Moves NorthEast 20 feet to attack Nocturno)
Nocturno (ready) Slashes with his Longsword at G5 (AC 6)
Thac0 18 vs AC 6: Need 12+
[1d20] = 5, miss!
Nocturno vs G5, LS [1d20] = 5, [1d8+3] = 6

G5 bashes (-2 bludg vs Splint) at Nocturno (AC 2) with his mace
G5 vs Nocturno Mace [1d20] = 7, [1d6] = 4, Miss!

G8 Moves South 10 feet to bash (-2 bludg vs Splint) at Nocturno (AC 2) with his mace
G8 vs Nocturno Mace [1d20] = 2, [1d6] = 5, Miss!

G7 Moves South 10 feet to stab (-1 pierce vs Splint) at Nocturno (AC 2) with his spear
G8 vs Nocturno Mace [1d20] = 4, [1d6] = 1, Miss!


Linar attempts to move stealthily forward 20 feet to find a new target. He sees the goblins attacking Elden and Nocturno
Linar fires his Longbow (+2 vs hide) at G6 (AC 6) in melee with Elden (-4 target 1 size category smaller than ally)
Thac0 19 vs AC 6 (-2): Need 15+
[1d20] = 13, miss!
Linar moves South East to the South wall, then West to a position behind Nocturno.

G3 is DEAD


Elden uses his 2nd attack against G6 with martial arts while wearing studded leather (-1)
Thac0 18 vs AC 6(-1): need 13+
Elden vs martial arts attk [1d20] = 18, hit!
1 pt chart adjustment for specialization, adjust up to High Kick (higher KO%)
Elden does 2 dmg (chart) +1 (specialist) + 3 (str) = 6 dmg!
G6 DIES!
3/4 of unarmed dmg is temporary.

Indendien fires her Longbow (+2 vs hide) a 2nd time, at G5 (AC 6) in melee with Elden (-4 target 1 size category smaller than ally)
[1d20] = 1, Miss! Possible fumble!
[1d20] = 10, fumble confirmed! Indendien’s bowstring snaps!

Katten fires her Longbow (+2 vs hide) a 2nd time, at G5 (AC 6) in melee with Elden (-4 target 1 size category smaller than ally)(+4 vs Goblins)
Thac0 18 vs AC 6 (+2): need 10+ to hit
[1d20] = 16 dmg, hit!
For [1d6] = 5 damage
G5 is [i]About to Die!


Dellinanth fires his Longbow (+2 vs hide) a 2nd time, at G5 (AC 6) in melee with Elden (-4 target 1 size category smaller than ally)
[1d20] = 6, miss!


Attachments:
Sub Chief R1.jpg
Sub Chief R1.jpg [ 75.51 KiB | Viewed 3789 times ]
Top
  Profile 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 387 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 26  Next

Advanced search


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group