Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:30 am

Advanced search




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 387 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 26  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:43 pm 
Offline
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:00 am
Posts: 10761
Location:
United Kingdom
"Fire. We need fire." Katten announces, "Cloth in oil, we light, send it over. Make smoke, worry Nesserr."

_________________
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:21 pm 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 6678
"We can use part of my blanket, but I have no oil."

Initiative: [1d10] = 7

He will only step ahead of the archers if a Goblin advances.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:17 pm 
Online
King
King

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 8245
Linar shakes his head, replying quietly, "None either."
He continuesto cover the edge of the ridge listening for any rocks being rolled.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:17 am 
Offline
Lord
Lord

Joined:
Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:13 pm
Posts: 1149
Jordek pats himself down and with a slightly surprised look produces a flask of lamp oil. "This might do the trick!" Abruptly he begins spinning round and round before his hand closes on a lantern hanging off his pack. "I won't have any left for this lantern though" he continues sadly.

Initiative: [1d10] = 3

He is staying in the 3rd rank for the moment, more than happy to let the front warriors continue to deal with the threat


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:02 pm 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 6678
If time allows he will motion for the oil, and tear some strips of his winter blanket and pour oil on them. Then wrap them onto two of his own arrows and hold them ready for the scouts.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:17 pm 
Offline
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:00 am
Posts: 10761
Location:
United Kingdom
(Waiting on the DM, if he allows she'll fire off two of Nocts arrows)

_________________
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:21 pm 
Offline
Lord
Lord

Joined:
Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:13 pm
Posts: 1149
Jordek hands the flask of oil over as the elf motions for it.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:01 pm 
Online
King
King

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 8245
Seeing the activity Linar quietly asks Katten, "Shall I?" and indicates with his head that he's asking if she wants him to climb up.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:42 pm 
Online
Emperor
Emperor
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 9391
Location:
somewhere in the aether
[still need initiative rolls from chris and jen. spent all last night at work and most of today sleeping.]

_________________
Demiplane of Dread: DM. PCs Fighting Hags and Giant skeletons in search of The Crown. Act 2, Scene 4
Genwald: DM. PCs freeing captives and hoping to save a Petrified Friend. Act 1, Scene 4
Puzzle Dungeon: [Tomb of Horrors] DM. Pokin' and Hope-in' to find the way into the Tomb of Horrors!
WotL: Grubnick Goblin Cleric of Sirrion. Survived a Freakin Dragon! Game Ended


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:43 pm 
Offline
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:00 am
Posts: 10761
Location:
United Kingdom
"Pick any off that might appear if you can." She suggests in elven, frantically tying pieces of cloth to a some arrows she soaks them in oil, getting ready to give them over the wall.

"I fire them next, then we storm them."

Init [1d10] = 7

_________________
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:35 pm 
Online
King
King

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 8245
Linar nods.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:20 pm 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 6678
Nocturno waits, arrows ready in one hand, sword ready in other.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:57 am 
Online
Emperor
Emperor
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 9391
Location:
somewhere in the aether
Jordek pulls out a flask of oil and passes it up to Nocturno, who quickly tears some strips from his blanket and douses them before passing those to Katten in the front. Taking the prepared strips, the felis quickly ties them on a pair of arrows and strikes them alight with her flint and steel.

Above, the sound of rock scraping continues. Linar sees a large stone crest the top of the incline and begin to tumble down! It bounds left and right, cracking off the walls and floor as it gains momentum down the steep incline. The heavy stone smashes into the Drow, battering him badly. Gritting his teeth in pain, Linar looses a single arrow, striking the goblin in the chest. The wretched creature slumps atop the crest of the ramp, quite dead.

Listening carefully, the group doesn’t hear any more scraping coming from above…

[Combat Ends?]
===
Init:
Elden: 2
Jordek: 3
Nocturno: 7
Katten: 7
G2: 8
Linar: (4+8 longbow) = 12
Dellinanth: (9+6 spear) = 15
Indendien: (9+8 bow) = 17

Init Elden, Dellinanth, Indendien [1d10] = 2, [1d10] = 9, [1d10] = 9



Elden (in the 3rd rank) Holds

Jordek (in the 3rd rank) retrieves a flask of oil and passes it to Nocturno

Nocturno (in the 2nd rank) tears strips from his wool blanket and soaks them in oil before passing them to Katten

Katten (in the front rank) ties the strips to her arrows and lights them with her flint and steel

G2 pushes a large rock over the ridge!
The large rock bounds down the ramp towards the front rank! [1=katten, 2= Linar] [1d2] = 2, towards Linar!
Rock vs AC 2 [1d20] = 19, hit! (barely)
Linar is bludgeoned for [2d4] = 5 damage!

Linar is Hurt Critically! [2/8]
Linar’s Magical Armor suffers 5 damage. [4/9]

G2 rock trap [1d2] = 2, [1d20] = 19, [2d4] = 5


Linar fires his Longbow at G2 (+2 piercing vs Hide)
Thac0 19 vs AC 6 (+2): Need 11 or higher to hit

[1d20] = 11, hit! (barely)
[1d8] = 4 damage
G2 Dies!


Linar vs G2 [1d20] = 11, [1d20] = 8, [1d8] = 4, [1d8] = 7[/url]

[combat ends?]

_________________
Demiplane of Dread: DM. PCs Fighting Hags and Giant skeletons in search of The Crown. Act 2, Scene 4
Genwald: DM. PCs freeing captives and hoping to save a Petrified Friend. Act 1, Scene 4
Puzzle Dungeon: [Tomb of Horrors] DM. Pokin' and Hope-in' to find the way into the Tomb of Horrors!
WotL: Grubnick Goblin Cleric of Sirrion. Survived a Freakin Dragon! Game Ended


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:04 am 
Online
King
King

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 8245
CLW to repair the damage from the rock then switch to sword and climb up unless stopped.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:20 am 
Offline
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:00 am
Posts: 10761
Location:
United Kingdom
Stepping foward Katten lets both arrows fly over the ridge (getting as far as she can before she lets the arrows fly).

Long Bow (Thaco 18) [1d20] = 16 dmg [1d6] = 3
Long Bow (Thaco 18) [1d20] = 18 dmg [1d6] = 6

No idea what the penatly is but she hit AC -2 & -4 for 3 & 6 damage

_________________
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi


Top
  Profile 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 387 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 26  Next

Advanced search


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group