PlanetADnD.com
http://www.padnd.com/forums/

Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread)
http://www.padnd.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=132&t=3340
Page 2 of 26

Author:  TristenC [ Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:47 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread

Elde looks back and forth between the members of the group. Are we ready? I'm itching to get started.

Author:  Jenara [ Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:42 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread

"I am ready." Katten asserts again, moving to take point with Dran at her side.

Author:  Nocturno [ Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread

Nocturno nods. "Ready."

Author:  Squirrellord [ Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread

Jordek sighs "I hope this plan works" he says while shaking his head. Seeing the others willing to go forward, he nods his head affirmatively and states "Okay, let us go to the goblin den and threaten them with the deaths of their young if they don't free the captives"

Author:  Chris1234 [ Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread

Linar nods.

Author:  TristenC [ Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:16 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread

Katten and Indendien take the lead, moving easily through the path tucked against the stony hills along the Chasm’s edge; following the path the Feliz had taken previously.

Just before midday Indendien signals a halt near some boulder-riddled cover. Pointing Westward, she indicates an area much like the rest of the trail. A large, dead oaktree near the brink of the Chasm resembles a mark from the map, but no entrance can be seen. Nocturno recalls the goblin captured in the map-room said the cavern was along the cliff-face, much like entrance to the outpost.

Further towards the entrance, the land sloping down towards the chasm is treacherous. We must move carefully to avoid sliding into the pit… she advises.

An odd bird-call sounds nearby, and a moment later the wild-elf man Dellinanth emerges near their cover; stony faced. Indendien’s brow furrows. What has happened? Where are the others? she asks in a hushed tone.

He shakes his head, They have gone in search of aid. He grimaces, hand tightening into a fist. Dillosel… she snuck away from camp in the night, to see if she could find another way in… She could not get that other cavern you found out of her head… the one with unusual stones… I discovered her this morning…

Author:  Chris1234 [ Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:03 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread

Linar follows the conversation but doesn't really understand it, not least the reference to a caravan and ' Dillosel'. Still, grateful that no one has tried to stick a missile into him, he reamins quiet at the back and waits for the others to extract the full picture.

Author:  Nocturno [ Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:06 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread

"Discovered her?" Nocturno says with some concern.

Author:  TristenC [ Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:13 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread

[ooc] Linar might recall Dillosel and Indendien were captives in the first goblin lair[/ooc]
====

Dellinamth nods grimly, and hands Nocturno a small stone object. I found her among many other creatures...

Nocturno examines the object, a stone-carving of a goblin's clawed hand. The craftmanship was remarkable; right down to the jagged finger-nails and warts... Suddenly it struck him... this was no carving...

She was whole, but.. i've little hop we can restore her. The others went in search of aid, but i could not leave her... and someone must watch the goblin cavern.

Author:  Jenara [ Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:36 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread

Kattens usually stoid face falls dark, her eyes stare away in shock as the thought dawns on her.

"She.." her words come out as a strangled noise. "Foolish. Why didn't you wait? I promised, I keep my promises!" She calls in a soft voice. "We will find a mage, someone of power." Turning she grabs the elf by the arm. "Take me to her." She turns to the group. "Stone monster."

Author:  Chris1234 [ Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread

This he can identify with: "Lizard? Basilisk? Or some other creature?"

Author:  Jenara [ Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread

"She called it Basilisk. Said it small. No path that way." She replies in common. "Why would she try?" She adds in elven.

Author:  TristenC [ Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread

Dellinanth shakes his head sadly. She could bear the wait no longer. She had too be sure there was no back way into the goblin lair. She snuck away, i'm sure just for a look, but... He lays a hand on Katten's shoulder. We will do no good by joining her. Not without the means to free her. He gazes off towards the goblin cave. We must do what we are capable of before it is too late for others...

Author:  Nocturno [ Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread

"Well I wouldn't suggest taking that route." He will toss the claw to the gnome.

"I know my armour will make noise, but I will make sure to stay behind. Just make sure to call me to the front when we engage the little bastards."

Author:  Jenara [ Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread

"I still.." Katten turns her head anger and sadness in her eyes, "I doesn't mean I don't want to try." She speaks in quiet Elven, her hand touching his befotre unshouldering her bow. "We fight Wetrocks, they die." She annouces back in common, anger now visible in her eyes as she steps forward. "I take point, you help friend." She squeezes Dellianaths hand, "We go in, we fight. They die." Her stride makes it plain she expects the remaining party members to arrange themselves, as she leads Dran forwards once more, stroking the big Wolfs neck in a calming motion.

Page 2 of 26 All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/