Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:39 pm

Advanced search




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:43 pm 
Offline
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:00 am
Posts: 10188
Location:
United Kingdom
"So, they have moved away.." Katten curses softly, stroking the wolf in reassurance, "I know you can't see, trust me, I am your eyes." moving to the west, and to the sounds of the battle she shakes her head. "They had one job... Stupid Nisserr. Stupid." Bow still at the ready she turns quickly on hearing Eldens cry before resuming her movement west.

_________________
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Getting a reputation)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Killing Nisserrr [Goblins])


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:33 pm 
Offline
Count
Count
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 4310
Martial Arts: [1d20+1] = 12+1 = 13 [1d20+1] = 9+1 = 10

Elden will deliver a body punch to the goblin on his left, and a low kick to the goblin on the right.

================
either 2 or 5 damage to each if hit?


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:43 pm 
Offline
King
King
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 8016
Location:
somewhere in the aether
(dmg is chart+str bonus)


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:08 am 
Offline
Artisan
Artisan

Joined:
Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:13 pm
Posts: 339
At the end of the last turn Jordek would want to heal Elden but seeing a goblin between himself and his target he goes for the goblin instead. Jordek will try to attack the goblin from behind with his dagger. Jordek Attack [1d20] = 3 , Damage [1d4] = 4

Round 3
With the resounding success he just had with his dagger, Jordek shakes his head angrily and focuses on finding an opportune chance to deliver a Cure Light Wounds on the large human in front of him.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:10 am 
Offline
King
King
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 8016
Location:
somewhere in the aether
[Chris, in your previous post you wrote engaged twice. I’m going to presume based on your track record you meant non-engaged first priority, then engaged second]
[Round 3]

Jordek creeps up behind the goblin attacking the human, and stabs him in the back! Unfortunately for the forest gnome, a particularly hard section of the matted fur armor turns the point of his dagger. The goblin yelps in surprise, but takes no injury. Circling North of his opponent, the Gnomish cleric prays quietly and taps his ally nearby. A golden glow surrounds his hand for a moment, sinking into the martial artist and closing some of his smaller wounds.

Elden, invigorated by the magic, jabs hard at his opponents midsection. The blow lands hard on the smaller opponent’s solar plexus, forcing the wind out of him. The goblins eyes roll back in his head and he collapses to the ground unconscious.

Nocturno, seeing his ally quickly surrounded, drops his bow and rushes up to aid. He draws and slashes with his longsword in one fluid motion; the blow landing hard across the goblin’s small form and killing it instantly. To the north, another goblin appears at the edge of the light, assessing the fight.

Dellinanth continues to fire upon the goblins surrounding Elden, but the shafts land off-the-mark of the clustered melee. Frantically, the goblin who lost his weapon recovers his spear while narrowly escaping a kick from the martial artist.

Indendien rushes up to get a better view and spots a goblin having emerged from the narrow crevice to the northeast! She fires upon the unexpected opponent; arrow easily finding its mark and sending the wretch to his ancestors. Yet another of the wetrock tribe squeezes through the niche and rushes the female elf! It jabs a crudely crafted spear, but her natural nimbleness serves her well as she avoids the thrust.


Linar continues to fire upon the unengaged goblins, each arrow failing to find green flesh. Another goblin approaches Elden from the north, swiping at him with his mace but catching nothing but air. With the new attacker so near, Indendien abandons her bow and manages to free the spear strapped to her back while avoiding the goblin.


[Jen, let’s move Katten to her private thread then]
[Actions R4?]
====
Init: R3
Jordek (4): 4
Elden (5): 5
Nocturno (1+5 Longsword): 6
G14: 8 (spear)
Dellinanth (4+7 bow): 11
G12: 13 (spear)
G13: 13 (spear)
Indendien (7+7 bow): 14
G22: 14 (spear)
G21: 14 (mace)
G16: 14 (mace)
G20: FLED (mace)
Linar (10+7 Bow): 17
G11: 18 (mace)

[End of Round 2] Jordek stabs (+2 piercing vs hide) (+4 backstab) at G16 with his dagger
Thac0 20 vs AC 6 (+6): Need 8+ to hit
[1d20] = 3, Miss!

[Beginning Round 3]
Jordek moves West 5 feet and casts Cure Light Wounds and tries to Touch his ally (AC 10 touch) from behind (+2)
Thac0 20 vs AC 10 (+2): need 8+
Jordek heal touch roll [1d20] = 9
Hit! Jordek heals Elden for
Jordek CLW [1d8] = 2
Elden is upgraded from Hurt Badly to Hurt [7/10]

Elden attacks G12 with martial arts
Thac0 18 vs AC 6 need 12+
Elden vs G12 martial arts attk [1d20+1] = 13,Hit!
Result 13, Body Punch
Elden does 1 dmg chart (Body Punch) +1 (specialist) + 3 (str) = 5 dmg!
G12 GOES DOWN (75% non-lethal)

Nocturno moves Northwest 50 feet and draws his Longsword
Nocturno Slashes with his Longsword at G16 (AC 6)
Thac0 18 vs AC 6: Need 12+ to hit
[1d20] = 17, Hit!
For [1d8+3] = 9 dmg!
G16 Dies!

G14 moves SouthWest 60 feet and enters the illuminated area North of the fight

Dellinanth fires his Longbow (+2 vs hide) at G13 (AC 6) in melee with Elden (-4 target 1 size category smaller than ally)
Thac0 18 vs AC6 (-2): Need 14+ to hit
[1d20] = 8, miss!


G12: is DOWN

G13 recovers his dropped spear and tries to protect himself

Indendien moves NorthWest 40 feet and fires her Longbow (+2 vs hide) at G21 (AC 6)
Thac0 18 vs AC6: Need 12+ to hit
[1d20] = 6, hit!
For [1d8] = 7
G21 Dies!

G21: is DEAD


G22 Moves SouthEast through the crack and stabs (+2 vs leather) at Indendien (AC5) with his spear
Thac0 20 vs AC 5 (+2): Need 13+
[1d20] =10, miss!

G16: is DEAD

G20: ???

Linar fires his Longbow at G14 (+2 piercing vs Hide)
Thac0 19 vs AC 6 (+2): Need 11 or higher to hit
[1d20] = 4, Miss!

G11 moves 15 feet South and bashes at Elden (AC 6) with his mace
Thac0 20 vs AC 6: Need 14+
[1d20] = 11, miss!
G11 vs Elden mace [1d20] = 11, [1d6] = 6


Katten explores Westward ???

Elden attacks with martial arts a second time
Thac0 18 vs AC 6 need 12+
[1d20] = 10, miss!

Dellinanth fires his Longbow (+2 vs hide) a second time at G11 (AC 6) in melee with Elden (-4 target 1 size category smaller than ally)
Thac0 18 vs AC6 (-2): Need 14+ to hit
[1d20] = 6, miss!

Indendien is in melee range with G22 and cannot fire a second time! Indendien readies her spear!

Linar fires his Longbow a second time at G14 (+2 piercing vs Hide)
Thac0 19 vs AC 6 (+2): Need 11 or higher to hit
[1d20] = 7, Miss!


Attachments:
WetrockSub R3.jpg
WetrockSub R3.jpg [ 231.85 KiB | Viewed 813 times ]
Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:44 am 
Offline
Count
Count
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 4310
Seeing the tide turning into the favour of the group, Nocturno will step up and slice at the goblin to Elden's left.

Longsword(18): [1d20] = 9 [1d8+3] = 3+3 = 6
====================================

Elden continues with this mortal combat with the goblins.

"Oh cmon, put up some kind of fight will you?!" in Goblin.

One attack on each goblin around him.

Martial Arts: [1d20+1] = 14+1 = 15 [1d20+1] = 12+1 = 13
==================================
Ok so the 15 is a Head Bash, and the 13 is a Body Punch.
Which should be 6 and 5 damage.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:41 am 
Offline
Prince
Prince

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 5974
If there's one in sight Linar will take a shot at the nearest unengaged foe, then repeating the shot if it doesn't collapse or else creeping forwards (Move Silently), following the SW wall, to try for a shot on another unengaged goblin.
If there isn't initially an unengaged for visible to the dark elf then he will creep forwards (MS), following the SW wall, looking ahead and then to the NW for an unengaged foe for a single shot before sneaking forwards further towards the apex of where the two southerly tunnels meet.

======
LB THAC0 19 [1d20] = 8, [1d20] = 5


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:25 pm 
Offline
Artisan
Artisan

Joined:
Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:13 pm
Posts: 339
Jordek hold his attack until Elden goes and will then attack the goblin currently in front of Elden if it is still alive.
Jordek Attack [1d20] = 14 , Damage [1d4] = 3


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:54 pm 
Offline
King
King
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 8016
Location:
somewhere in the aether
[R4]

Elden quickly snatches the dirty armor of the nearby goblin and pulls him close, violently bashing his head into that of the smaller creature! The goblin’s eyes roll back, and the fighter shoves the unconscious foe out of the way. Jordek makes a quick stab at the other enemy harrying the human. The dagger slips between the dirty furs and comes back red with blood. In a rage, the goblin lashes out at the Forest Gnome with his crude mace, but the wild flailing fails to find his foe.

Nocturno moves up beside the human and slashes at the injured goblin, but the frantic movements of the smaller creature prove too erratic. With a desperate howl, the newly arrived tribe member to the north rushes forward to jab at the High Elf! The Cleric’s superior armor protects him from the clumsy thrust. Nearby, Dellinanth fires at the creature attacking his fellow wood elf, but without a clear shot through the melee his arrow strikes only the wall. Indendien quickly settles the matter herself, ramming her own spear into her assailant. The pitiful creature kicks its last like a gigged frog before sliding off to lie still on the stony ground.

Meanwhile, the Drow creeps forward carefully, staying near the wall and the shadows. He approaches, looking about for any opponent not in the maelstrom of melee activity ahead. Seeing no other possible targets, he fires at the newly arrived goblin attacking Nocturno. The arrow goes wide, missing the mark rather than further endangering his ally.

Elden’s arm strikes out like a viper at the opponent attacking Jordek. The blow lands hard, cracking several ribs and sending the goblin down in a heap. “Oh cmon, put up some kind of a fight will you?!” he says, disappointedly. The lone remaining goblin looks over, startled at the human speaking in the goblin tongue! Just then, another arrow whizzes narrowly past his head. Throwing down his weapon he cries out Me give up!!!

The goblin no sooner surrenders than another pack comes trotting around the corner from the West! These, however, do not have the same look as the other goblins. Each carries an axe of some kind, and wears a hodgepodge of piecemeal armor. The largest of the five newcomers wears rusty chain that seems sized to fit a Halfling. He surveys the damage in a moment and glares at the group before waving his battleaxe forward…


[Actions R5?]
[I moved Linar as far as he was able while sneaking. Even if he had been able to move farther north, the new foes to the West weren’t present at that time so his only available targets were the pair by the fighters]
====
Init: R4
Elden (5): 5
Jordek (4+2 dagger): 6
Nocturno (1+5 Longsword): 6
G14: 8 (spear)
Dellinanth (4+7 bow): 11
Indendien (7+6 spear): 13
G13: 13 (spear)
G22: 14 (spear)
Linar (10+7 Bow): 17
G11: 18 (mace)
G12: (spear) DOWN


Elden attacks G13 with martial arts
Thac0 18 vs AC 6 need 12+
Elden vs G13 martial arts attk [1d20+1] = 15,Hit!
1 pt chart adjustment for specialization, adjust up to Head Bash (more dmg)
Elden does 2 dmg chart (Head Bash) +1 (specialist) + 3 (str) = 6 dmg!
G13 GOES DOWN (75% non-lethal)

Jordek stabs (+2 piercing vs hide) at G11 with his dagger
Thac0 20 vs AC 6 (+2): Need 12+ to hit
[1d20] = 14, Hit!
For [1d4] = 3 dmg!
G11 is Hurt Badly!

Nocturno moves East 10 feet, North 5 feet and slashes with his Longsword at G13 (AC 6)
Thac0 18 vs AC 6: Need 12+
[1d20] = 9, miss!

G14 Moves South 17 feet and stabs (-1 piercing vs splint) at Nocturno (AC 2) with his spear
Thac0 20 vs AC 2 (-1): Need 19+ to hit
G14 vs Nocturno [1d20] = 12, [1d6] = 1, Miss!

Dellinanth fires his Longbow (+2 vs hide) at G22 (AC 6) in melee with Indendien (-4 target 1 size category smaller than ally)
Thac0 18 vs AC 6 (-2): Need 16+
[1d20] = 11, miss!

Indendien stabs with her spear (+2 piercing vs hide) at G22 (AC 6)
Thac0 18 vs AC 6: (+2) Need 10+
[1d20] = 16, Hit!
[1d6] = 6 dmg
G22 Dies!

G13 is DOWN

G22 is DEAD

Linar creeps (attempting MS, movement 1/3 = 40 ft) sees no unengaged targets visible
Linar fires his Longbow at G14 (+2 piercing vs Hide) In melee with Nocturno (-4 target 1 size category smaller than ally)
(Only target available)
Thac0 19 vs AC 6 (-2): Need 15 or higher to hit
[1d20] = 8, Miss!

G11 bashes at Jordek (AC 4) with his mace
Thac0 20 vs AC 4: Need 16+ to hit
G11 vs Jordek [1d20] = 6, [1d6] = 3, Miss!


Elden attacks (a second time) at G11 with martial arts
Thac0 18 vs AC 6 need 12+
Elden vs G12 martial arts attk [1d20+1] = 11,Hit!
Result 13, Body Punch
Elden does 1 dmg chart (Body Punch) +1 (specialist) + 3 (str) = 5 dmg!
G11 GOES DOWN (75% non-lethal)

Dellinanth fires his Longbow (+2 piercing vs Hide) a second time at G (AC 6) in melee with Nocturno (-4 target 1 size category smaller than ally)
Thac0 18 vs AC 6 (-2): Need 16+
[1d20] = 10, miss!

Indendien readies her bow.

MORALE CHECK!
50%+ of group has fallen

Morale adjustments:
Defending home (+3)
Group lost 50+% of force (-4)
No enemy slain (-2)
Outnumbered 3/1 or more (-4)
=> -7 total modifier

G14 Morale check:
[2d10] = 17! Failed!
G14 surrenders!

Five more goblins emerge from the passage to the West!


Attachments:
WetrockSub R4.jpg
WetrockSub R4.jpg [ 195.83 KiB | Viewed 650 times ]
Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:26 pm 
Offline
Prince
Prince

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 5974
Linar moves due north looking weet and then looking NE for an unengaged foe to pot.

======
Tristan - I think I've previously been told that we use up already rolled 'to hit' rolls as they're queued and also that we don't (as they're too easy to predict.) I actually don't mind which way we do it as long as it stays the same throughout. If you wish me to do a 'To hit', tell me and I will. Thanks.
P.S. I think Dancing Lights is about due to go down.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:22 am 
Offline
Count
Count
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 4310
"By the great Protector. Hold off just for a second." he will start to mumble and lay a hand on Elden.

Nocturno will use Incite Beserker Rage on Elden.

"We got new comers, follow me."

After inciting Elden, he will slowly back away and move to cover Linar.

----------------------------------------
+2 to hit and damage for the duration of the rage. While enraged, the warrior cannot flee from a fight; he cannot leave the field of battle until no enemies face him. Once he does leave the field of battle, he can choose whether or not he will emerge from the rage or sustain it; a warrior would sustain it if he felt that another fight was likely to take place soon. When he emerges from the rage, the warrior takes no extra damage or ill effects.
-------------------------------------------------
============================================
"Great more! I am just starting to get loose!"
Martial Arts: [1d20+1] = 9+1 = 10 [1d20+1] = 6+1 = 7 THAC0 18 So that makes them a 12 and a 9.
============
So if either one hits it will be a Body PUnch for each.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:44 pm 
Offline
Artisan
Artisan

Joined:
Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:13 pm
Posts: 339
Jordek takes a look in the newcomers direction and promptly grabs the goblin that surrendered and holds his dagger to it's back. (Jordek is unwilling to cut up his rope to fashion restraints for a goblin nor does he believe there is time for that either) "Move and you die" he snarls at it.

[If the goblin resists or acts in anyway other than complete compliance, Jordek buries his dagger in its back]


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:17 am 
Offline
King
King
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 8016
Location:
somewhere in the aether
[Round 5]

Abruptly, the magical dancing lights wink out of existence; plunging the group once again into darkness save for the indirect flickers of Jordek’s torch to the East. The mad Gnome moves quickly while the position of the surrendering goblin is still fresh in his mind. He scurries over the fallen and grabs the creature’s collar tight; pressing the point of his dagger against the erstwhile assailant. Move and you die. he snarls.

Calling upon the powers of his faith, Nocturno speaks his warlike chant as he lays a hand on Elden’s shoulder. A rush of adrenaline and anger flood the human’s senses and his body all but shakes with rage! Stepping to one side, Nocturno turns to face the new opponents; providing a blockade to cover the archers behind. Dellinanth fires once at the goblins before trotting over to join the group behind the heavily armored High Elf.

The obvious leader of the newly arrived goblins calls out in his native tongue, You idiots stop hiding! Come out here and FIGHT!!! A clamor can be heard to the south near the makeshift door, but the leader doesn’t pause for a response. Krok show you what real fight is! CHAAAAARGE!!! The shrill cry is taken up by the four armored goblins surrounding him as he waves his battleaxe in a circle overhead.

The first pair of guards rush up to attack. Elden lashes out quickly with his fist, but in the darkness he fails to connect. The guard, not expecting the blinded human to strike so quickly, completely mis-times his slash. His fellow slashes hard at Nocturno; the heavy bladed weapon just managing to bite through the elf’s armor from the force of the charge. Indendien manages to fire an arrow at the leader before he and another guard close ranks; though the shot goes wide.

Krok himself slashes viciously at the human; the blow coming so close that Elden can hear the whiff of the blade as it splits the air next to his head! The other guard fares much better than his leader, however, as his axe manages to cleave through Nocturno’s armor and into his side!

Linar hustles up behind the front line and peers off into the dark to the west. Spotting the final guard, he gets a quick shot off before it too joins the fray. In his haste, the arrow slips harmlessly through the air and past his target. The guard closes with Elden and brings his crude axe down in a glancing blow that does little more than draw blood. The human strikes out again in the blackness, but the cacophony of battle makes it difficult to discern targets in the dark and his fist finds naught but air.

The wood elves and Drow each fire again, but the maelstrom of melee forces all of their shafts to fly errant, for fear of striking an ally. The racket from the South grows louder as a rusty makeshift metal door screeeeches open and another half-dozen goblins pile out. More to the South. This is getting messy. Dellinanth says grimly.


[Actions R6?]
[I put a red border on Elden to indicate his Berserk Rage, but he is bloodied now so it doesn’t really show up well…]
[Nocturno is in rough shape, and Elden is not far behind!]
====
Init: R5
Nocturno (1+3 spell like ability): 4
Elden (5): 5
Jordek (4+2 dagger): 6
G14: 8 Surrendered
Dellinanth (4+7 bow): 11
Gr2: 12 (axe)
Gr1: 13 (axe)
Indendien (7+7 bow): 14
Krok: 16 (axe)
Gr4: 16 (axe)
Linar (10+7 Bow): 17
Gr3: 17 (axe)
G11: (mace) DOWN
G12: (spear) DOWN
G13: (spear) DOWN


Linar’s Dancing Lights spell ends! The cave is plunged into darkness aside from the flickering torchlight to the East

Nocturno uses his priest ability Incite Berserker Rage on Elden.
Elden is in a Berserk Rage!
+2 to hit and dmg while Rage maintained. Duration 6 turns max, i.e. 60 mins
Elden also cannot flee from a fight, nor leave

Nocturno moves SE 5 feet to cover Linar

Elden cannot see, holds for any foe to enter melee range

Jordek moves NorthWest 7 feet in the dark to grab G14 (non-hostile, does not resist) and position his dagger to backstab if needed.


G14 Complies

Dellinanth fires his Longbow at Krok
Thac0 18 vs AC ??? :
[1d20] = 2, miss!

Dellinanth moves East 30 feet behind Nocturno and prepares to fire again (Elven fire-move-fire)


Gr2 Charges 55 feet East to Nocturno [movement +50% and can attack. Charge +2 to hit, 1 pt penalty to AC]
Gr2 slashes (+2 charge) at Nocturno (AC 1) with his axe!
Thac0 20 vs AC 1 (+2): Need 17+
[1d20] = 17 Hit! (barely)
For [1d8] = 2 damage
Nocturno is Barely Scratched [7/9]

Gr2 vs Nocturno hit, dmg [1d20] = 17, [1d8] = 2


Gr1 Charges 55 feet East to Elden [movement +50% and can attack. Charge +2 to hit, 1 pt penalty to AC] but Elden is ready!
Elden attacks Gr1 (+1 opponent charging) with martial arts (-2 blind fighting)
Thac0 18 vs AC 5 (-1): need 14+
[1d20+1] = 10 +2 berserk = 12, miss!

Gr1 slashes (-2 slash vs std leather, +2 charge) at Elden (AC 6) with his axe!
Thac0 20 vs AC 6: Need 14+
[1d20] = 3 miss!
Gr1 vs Elden hit, dmg [1d20] = 3, [1d8] = 4


Indendien fires her Longbow at Krok (+1 opponent charging)
Thac0 18 vs AC ??? (+1)
[1d20] = 14, Hit!
For [1d8] = 4 damage!
Krok is Hurt!

Krok calls to the goblins hiding nearby!!!

Krok Charges 55 feet East to Elden [movement +50% and can attack. Charge +2 to hit, 1 pt penalty to AC]
Krok slashes (-2 slash vs std leather, +2 charge) at Elden (AC 6) with his axe!
Thac0 20 vs AC 6: Need 14+
[1d20] = 13, miss! (barely!)
Krok vs Elden hit, dmg [1d20] = 13, [1d8] = 2


Gr4 Charges 55 feet East to Nocturno [movement +50% and can attack. Charge +2 to hit, 1 pt penalty to AC]
Gr4 slashes (+2 charge) at Nocturno (AC 1) with his axe!
Thac0 20 vs AC 1 (+2): Need 17+
[1d20] = 17, hit! (barely!)
For [1d8] = 6 damage!
Nocturno is About to Go Down! [1/9]

Gr2 vs Nocturno hit, dmg [1d20] = 17, [1d8] = 6


Linar moves 10 feet North and fires his Longbow at Gr3 (+1 opponent charging)
Thac0 19 vs AC 5 (+1): Need 13+
[1d20] = 5, miss!

Gr3 Charges 55 feet East to Elden [movement +50% and can attack. Charge +2 to hit, 1 pt penalty to AC]
Gr3 slashes (-2 slash vs std leather, +2 charge) at Elden (AC 6) with his axe!
Thac0 20 vs AC 6: Need 14+
[1d20] = 17, Hit!
For [1d8] = 2 damage!
Elden is Hurt Badly! [5/10]

Gr3 vs Elden hit, dmg [1d20] = 17, [1d8] = 2


Elden attacks Gr1 (+1 opponent charging) with martial arts (-2 blind fighting) a second time
Thac0 18 vs AC 5 (-1): need 14+
[1d20+1] = 7 +2 berserk = 9, miss!


Dellinanth fires his Longbow a second time at Gr1 in melee with Elden (-4 for one size category smaller)
Thac0 18 vs AC 5 (-4): Need 14 or higher to hit
[1d20] = 4, miss!

Indendien fires her Longbow a second time at Gr4 in melee with Nocturno (-4 for one size category smaller)
Thac0 18 vs AC 5 (-4): Need 14 or higher to hit
[1d20] = 10, miss!

Linar fires his Longbow a second time at Gr1 in melee with Elden (-4 for one size category smaller)
Thac0 18 vs AC 5 (-2): Need 14 or higher to hit
[1d20] = 4, miss!

More goblins appear from the makeshift doorway to the South!


Attachments:
WetrockSub R5.jpg
WetrockSub R5.jpg [ 139.44 KiB | Viewed 39 times ]
Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:58 am 
Offline
Prince
Prince

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 5974
Having had little success with his bow, Linar decides to again try and help those lacking infravision. He trots to the east-northeast and, assuming nothing untoward comes into view, picks up the dropped torch and returns to about the same position (near Dellinanth & Indendien) to put the torch on the ground so as to illuminate the bunched melee group as well as he west wall of the south passage (that the latest 6 foes are traversing).If movement still permits, the drow will again trot back to seek cover in the rocky niche*.

======
*15' east from his starting position.
Tristan, happy for your discretion on where Linar places the torch. Objectives are a) to stop our people not being able to see their immediate targets and b) reveal any goblins that might try to sneak up from the south.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:38 am 
Offline
Count
Count
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 4310
Feeling the full effect of the blows Nocturno will cast Cure Light Wounds on himself.

CLW: [1d8] = 7

"Does anyone have any healing magic available?"

Nocturno will back up slightly making sure to avoid setting of any additional attacks.

"Elden come with me, so we can regroup and take them out!" Knowing the look on the Human's face, he is unsure if he even hears him.

The idea is to get to the circled in red areas for him and Elden, if he can drag him or convince him to move there.
===================================
[I assume he will attack no matter what he does, as he is Enraged, but would he be able to be convinced to move back to a superior position?]

Martial Arts(18): [1d20+1] = 19+1 = 20 [1d20+1] = 17+1 = 18
Crit Confirm: [1d20] = 4


[Too bad Crit damage cant go to different targets lol, so that is a 22 and a 20 after the +2 from the rage. 2 head punches please. Or 3 if the crit gives another chart pick :)]


Attachments:
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG [ 16.53 KiB | Viewed 29 times ]
Top
  Profile 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Advanced search


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group