Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:15 pm

Advanced search

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “The Edge and Back” (Group B: Main Game
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:08 pm 
Marquis
Marquis

Eariel offers choice of equipment to Van, more out of politeness than anything, and then picks up a longbow, shield and axe and looks to see if the orcs had some arrows, (taking some if so.)
"Not great with an axe, but useful if I throw away my sword by accident."

Glancing over the remaining stuff, she says, "Hew, wound you check if any of the others think can use an axe without chopping their feet off. Same with the bows, see if any of them think they can hit a barn in front of them."
Picking up the coinage, "Tag, would you share this coinage out? Equal shares all round, start with the civies; don't forget to include the minotaur, drow, the boar his rider. I'll hold onto their shares. We all have to eat. This ok with you, Van?"

Unless any of the civilians want to carry them, any unclaimed axes or shields get lobbed in different random directions (taking care not to hit anyone). If there's unshredded orc armour that would fit Eariel, she tries it on. She can scrub any lice away later. Any unclaimed longbows can be tucked into a litter.

When all done, she asks, "Are we all good to go home? Not far now."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:16 pm 
Freeman
Freeman

Van gives a quick take to the group, "He darted off. He went in the direction that Linar did- at least that's what I suppose. I was battling with Garwhen he still stood. We have to locate him! Dweves and Orcs do not get on... I can't see hat filth take a dwarf alive..."

Van will get up from his work and make ready to pursue. "Anyone wish to join me?"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:57 pm 
Marquis
Marquis

"On the boar he moves faster than us," replies Eariel, "and he can track by smell. My counsel is that we should stick together and concentrate on getting your fallen companions and the civilians back to safety."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:52 pm 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

[oops, those are all short bows. my bad. similarity to longbow would cut non-proficiency penalty in half though. so only -1 for fighter proficient in longbow]

Hew nods and passes the remaining axes to the men amongst the civilians The bows are tucked away. Most of the armor goes into creating the litter, but there is enough for a pair of greaves for Eariel.

====
Piecemeal armor rules from Complete fighter: Hide armor greaves improve AC by 1. still subject to penalty vs piercing weps.
Eariel AC 8 (Shield +1,, Greaves +1)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:12 pm 
Marquis
Marquis

"Good work, guys. Nearly ready to ship out? Get home the sooner we get gone!" Eariel encourages.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:41 pm 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

The civilians all seem in favor of moving on rather than waiting longer in the dangerous forest. Hew and Tag prepare tk move out as it seems everyone os waoting for Van to decide of he is coming or waiting for the dwarf.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:42 pm 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

As the group is deciding, they hear something approaching from the northwest...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:08 pm 
Marquis
Marquis

Eariel put the litter down and steps to the northwest, putting herself in front of the civilians as she hefts the shield into place.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:16 pm 
Baronet
Baronet

Boyd approaches, grinning broadly, and hefting a bulky package. "Just what this world needs - one less orc."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:12 am 
Marquis
Marquis

Eariel salutes Boyd with her sword then resheathes it, and says, "Van! Content to go back to turn now?" as mauch as to signal intent to Boyd as Van.

"Turning to her soldiers, "Ok, lads, let's get this on the move. Boyd, if you want to start taking point? Van, would you mind taking rearguard?"

On the fly she directs for rotation of labour, the most able of the civilians each being asked to pull for 5 minutes in rotation for each 10 minutes' effort of the soldiers, the latter she proposes to rotate with Boyd. She pulls constantly, everyone getting a 5 minute breather every 20 minutes.
If Van wants to volunteer to join in the civilian work rotation then it's accepted but Eariel feels she's pushed too hard in that rescuer's direction already today.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:49 am 
Baronet
Baronet

Boyd searches around until he finds the spear he dropped when he switched weapons, then rejoins the group gathered around the litter.
"Just two miles to go? We got a man here who is fleet of foot? Could be we send him ahead, he come back with some soldiers and a cart for veal-chop here. May be quicker than us carrying him the whole way.
"I would go, but I expect they would not want to hear me."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:24 pm 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Boyd quickly spots his spear and suggests the runner. The survivors are still weakened from their ordeal and the long journey the last couple of days. One could separate, making better time than the litter; but the danger of the woods seems more evident now than ever with two of the rescuers down.

[they could send someone ahead, but Eariel would be unlikely to allow a civilian to go alone]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:34 am 
Marquis
Marquis

Ariel shakes her head, "None here is robust nor fleet enough without significant risk that in my judgement is not justified. With two of your companions down I would suggest that we focus on getting to town together." She pauses and then adds, "Of course you and Van make your own decisions but I would urge you both to stay with us." Turning to the rest of the motley group she says so that all can hear, "Stay alert and stay together. We shall soon be home," and then signals for the litter bearing to commence towards town and safety.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:59 pm 
Baronet
Baronet

"Well, then best we do this quickly. I will take point, and try to flush out any other uglies. You see me getting chased, do not try to help me, just stay the course and pick up the pace. I will lead them off and lose them."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:42 pm 
Marquis
Marquis

"Thanks you," acknowledges the sergeant with a nod, "it shall be so."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Advanced search