Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:52 pm

Advanced search

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “Into The Wild” (Group A: Main Game Thre
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:22 pm 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Hurt? Doblonk blinks and scratches his chin, No… nobody hurt… well, Tanglace Featherbottom bumped his head this morning when sneaking up on his kids, but I don’t think that requires any magical aid. He chuckles. Green it up? Hmm… that might be interesting. Their host looks to Nocturno at the mention of juggling, but seems disappointed when he professes not to know. His face lights up again immediately when the fighter mentions a story. Excellent! Perfect! Perfect! Ha-ha! A good story-tell always works up the digestive juices!

Galegenoh watches the exchanges from the back of the group, still wide-eyed at the gnomes tumbling about setting up for the feast. Indendien smiles again at Noctruno’s apparent awkwardness. If we find a juggler, I have a trick or two I’d be willing to perform. she replies. Fiz quickly volunteers, I’ll juggle for that! I can even show you how too, Nocturno. But, what kind of trick is it? he asks the elven woman. Indendien chuckles, You’ll see. She winks at Noctruno.

Before long, the places are set and the Gnomes begin bringing out an impressive collection of fruits cakes, vegetable pot-pies with mushrooms and meaty tubers, edible lichens, bowls of hearty nuts, seeds and other roughage, breads and small casks of ale, brandy and wine. Several more Gnomes pour in from everywhere with new decorations of fine craftsmanship; worked lanterns of wood or metal, baubles of gems and glittering trinkets that compliment the light in the hall. All-told there are just shy of fifty gnomes present, roughly half adult men and about one fifth children with the rest adult or adolescent women.

Some of the newly arrived gnomes direct the group to their places of honor. There is a great gaggle of voices in the chamber, which seems to amplify sound quite easily. Doblonk tries unsuccessfully and somewhat comically to speak out over the crowd of voices. Suddenly a shrill whistle cries out as he gets everyone’s attention. Fiz is back! He announces loudly, greeted by cries of cheer and banging of cups and plates and utensils on the table. And… AND, he brought friends! He half-shouts over the din. The noise mounts higher still, clapping children and adults greeting them in a maelstrom of voices. The sharp whistle brings everyone down a little more so Doblonk doesn’t have to shout quite as loudly, So let’s greet them properly! Who’s first!?

Fiz, who sits nearby the others explains, Guests are usually asked to do something fun to entertain everyone for a bit, and we do stuff too. Since you guys probably aren’t used to the custom, some of our people will start it out.

As he speaks, a trio of young gnomish men comes running out into the open area between the ring of tables. They trip and tumble and roll their way into the middle of the floor; pushing and rolling and falling all over each other in a tangled mess that they somehow miraculously manage to keep moving. They dive and roll and leap about like acrobats. Suddenly one falls on his back with his feet up while another stands nearby. The third runs up as if to jump on him. As their feet meet, the lower gnome kicks hard while the running one jumps; launching him to land atop the third’s shoulders! The stacked pair stagger and sway briefly as if about to fall, but soon catch their balance. The last climbs comically up his friends finding funny footholds on their hips and shoulders and faces! Reaching the top, he leans to plant his head atop the middle gnome, pressing up into a headstand! Balanced like a stack of gaming tiles, the trio extend their arms outward while maintaining the acrobatic pile! LOOK MA! NO HANDS!!! they shout simultaneously before falling down in a bundle of rolls and laughter. Springing up unharmed, they bow to enthusiastic applause before returning to their seats.

====
[Entangle requires plants be present to grow, though he might be able to get some roots growing but they’d have to be present. This deep there isn’t anything around that he can see that would work]

Does Nocturno want to try to learn a quick simple 3-club juggle from Fiz?
I think int and dex checks would probably work for him to be able to manage it temporarily ;)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:17 am 
Viscount
Viscount

"Sure, let's see if I can not embarrass myself."

Dex(16): [1d20] = 5
Int(13): [1d20] = 4

=====================
Ok so USS only hates Sue....

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:55 pm 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

[Hahaaa. it's because he doesn't have elven blood, lol]

Nocturno takes direction carefully from Fiz while the next act comes up; a group of gnomes singing an amusing version of a popular song. The song seems to portray a lost love who drowned in a most hilarious way while trying to catch carp in her heavy wool cloak because she had no net. The verse ends with a fish-boil and the writer getting over her by courting her younger sister. The last line comforts the listener that it's ok that the maiden drowned, since she had always wanted to become a fish herself.

Practicing the clubs, the nimble elf quickly gets the gist of the simple version. indendien grins widely as she tests her bowstring. Ready? she asks.

[any word from Squirrel-man?]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:56 pm 
Viscount
Viscount

[Just texted him]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:35 pm 
Vagabond
Vagabond

Jordek hesitates and while it is very apparent that the thought of becoming the focus of this many people is a daunting idea to him, he shrugs and a wide grin appears. "Something will come to me when it's time.. no doubt about that!"
When his time comes up he visibly starts and seemingly lost for an idea starts talking. The words start slowly but soon begin to come tumbling out and a tale emerges of flight, terror, the utter desolation of spirit, hope, redemption and the finding of ones true self. As the words slow and end he seems to become aware of his surroundings again and as the realization that he just shared his own story of finding his path as a Squirrellord hits, he quickly seeks a seat and mumbles to himself "Well that was not what I expected...."

[OOC - sorry about the curveball I threw your way there Tristen :mrgreen: ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:49 pm 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

[HAHahahahaa... no, dude... that was Perfect :D ]

While Nocturno practices, Jordek stands and recounts his tale. The story rolls out in ever increasing speed and intensity until the Gnomes are all on the literal edge of their seats, some leaning on tables, others clutching chairs and hopping with excitement. At the finale, there is a quiet pause when he makes his final remark. The room explodes in cheers and whooping calls as the gnomish audience pounds tables and cheers enthusiastically, food and tableware bouncing off in various directions.

Fiz claps the shy wilderness gnome heartily on the back, That was great! I had no idea you had that in you! he laughs as the others quiet down for the next act.

Now or never, Sun Brother. Are you ready? Indendien asks, motioning to the cleared area in the center of the tables.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:24 pm 
Viscount
Viscount

Nocturno will sigh.

"Let's see what we can do!" half faked enthusiasm half true enthusiasm after hearing Jordek's story.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:31 pm 
Vagabond
Vagabond

Jordek chuckles weakly at the comment from Fiz. "Yeah... I didn't know that was in me either, I think it's time to put something else in me!" He stands and tries to suss out the direction of a good stiff drink.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:30 pm 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Fiz leads the way to the center of the cleared area, waving at the other gnomes. He quickly takes up the juggling clubs and motions for Nocturno to follow. Jordek doesn't have to look for a drink, finding a trio of casks on a stand just behind his table where it is self-serve for ale, wine or stronger drink.

Fiz starts by juggling a fountain of three just like Nocturno. smiling and nodding as the Elf keeps it up, fumbling and almost dropping a club here and there every now and then. The gnome adds two more and begins to walk in circles around the other performer. Gradually Fiz adds another and another, increasing his pace around the elf who concentrates on maintaining his three. Soon the gnome is doing laps at a trot, to the whistles and cheers of the crowd. Indendien walks to the head table, bow ready.

She turns to face the performers and settles her hand lightly on the quiver. Extending the bow-arm, she takes and releases a slow breath. In a blur she snatches arrow after arrow from her side, draw, aim and release in one smooth effortless motion. Shaft after shaft after shaft drills into the flying clubs, knocking them from their path in the air and scattering them to the floor behind! Fiz blinks and looks at his hands, utterly confused. He tilts his head back to look at the ceiling, trying to figure out where they might have gone. With a laugh, he shrugs and walks off to his seat to thunderous applause!

Once Nocturno and the others have returned to their place settings, Doblonk claps Nocturno heartily on the back. Well done, my friend! Well done indeed! so... These goblins all done and dealt with?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Advanced search