Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:22 pm

Advanced search

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “Into The Wild” (Group A: Main Game Thre
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:49 am 
Viscount
Viscount

"I would like to push forward, but I think we may cause less of a fuss if we stay here. Our friends community here may not know what to do with a mixed group like ours in their midst."

[Oh yeah Elden]

"This looks pretty interesting. We should check it out."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:54 pm 
Vagabond
Vagabond

"I'm in favor of stopping here for night as well. It has been far to long since I've visited any brethren" Glancing over at Fizford, Jordek grins wide "Rock, Forest, at this point in my life if your my height your family! Besides, I'll bet you've got something down that hole that can rival the best elven brew AND be willing to share it."

Turning serious he asks Indendien "while scouting ahead everything has been fine? You've not seen anything of concern? Signa had mentioned that this area wasn't as um... dormant as it may have been in the past"
[He is making a great effort here to try to not to appear insulting to the elf, though in his mind it is what it is]

After whatever Indendien's response might be he will grab the human by the hand excitedly and try to lead him to the hole "Soon you shall be home my friend, but first.... BOOZE!"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:55 pm 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Galegenoh stares at the hidden entrance in mild wonder, simply nodding mutely. Ah, it’s so good to have decent dirt up after so long with those grubby goblins… I’m going to take a nice hot soak… or maybe my pipe first… or a generous snoot-full of some nicely ambered ale! Yes, home again… the gnome rambles on as he climbs into the tunnel; his voice echoing out as he delves deeper into the hillside. The entrance seems barely wide enough for the two humans to squeeze through, but each makes their way easily enough. The passage widens a dozen feet within, but remains just over four feet high. Fiz pauses inside to pull a small stalagmite like a lever, and the passage closes behind.

Right this way, my friends! Ah, the Rainbow Hall awaits! He says cheerfully, practically skipping down the passage. The burrow winds and turns and tunnels down into the earth, stone worked cleanly and efficiently to follow the natural wont of the earth. A few minutes into the journey leads to a seemingly natural chamber, 30 feet abreast and half again as long. The roof here is a couple of feet higher, and a half-dozen other passages wind off from it in various directions. A few gnomes are gathered here, chatting and working. One gnome, in finer looking clothes and with a large and lumpy nose seems to be instructing others. Just as he turns to notice them, one of the younger gnomes dumps a bucket of dirt atop his head! Fiz! He says with an abrupt start, hardly noticing the fine dust as it cascades down him, filling his pockets and the folds of his garments. Fizfordian Gemsniffer Burburrin Blitzpistol, where have you been! I just noticed you were missing a week ago and your sister tells me you’ve been gone a month! Find anything interesting!? He asks intrigued, smiling at the newcomers.

Suddenly the Gnome’s face explodes with an impressively sharp Yeeeah-CHOO!!! as a sneeze blasts its way free. The fine dirt creates a small cloud around him that quickly settles to the floor. Blinking in surprise, he only now seems to notice the remaining dirt still covering him. The younger gnomes giggle and laugh, pointing at their elder. Aaaaalright you lot! Go fetch the Tunnel Master or no dessert!!! He turns back with a wink to the others as the young ones scatter in fear to do so. So, who are your friends?! Welcome! Welcome all to the Home of the Rainbow Hall!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:12 pm 
Viscount
Viscount

Nocturno chuckles. "Nocturno, of Misan." He wil bow as the room will allow.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:55 pm 
Vagabond
Vagabond

taking the elf's lead in diplomacy, Jordek introduces himself. "Jordek, of umm... elsewhere"
Pitching his voice to carry he calls out "well done on the dust!" to the backs of the younger gnomes as they scamper off. To the dusty gnome he chuckles and remarks "powder from dried peppers mixed in, now that would have been funny."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:39 pm 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Misan! The gnome says excitedly, shaking Nocturno's hand. Wonderful, Misan... or so I hear. Beautiful place, so I hear. Not too far from here yes? Love the elves. Great to have you! he says, shaking the hand if accepted and scattering the fine dust in the process.

Ho-ho! One of the Forest Folk! Well-well, and well-come! Pepper? Yes! That's brilliant! Hahahaaa, that would have been perfect! Well, not for me, but yes. Fiz, you didn't say you'd be bringing company! Or... well, i suppose you didn't say you'd be here either... he seems slightly confused at his own irrational rationalizations, his face screwed up in thoughtfulness for a brief moment. The expression vanishes as he notes the others. And a wild-man! Quite interesting! interesting indeed, and you sir with the anvil! Ha-ha! A blacksmith yes? Hmm... might be Terrance would like to discuss technique with you! Although he makes...

He pauses suddenly again and looks around. Smacking himself comically in the forehead he changes tack yet again, But what are we doing all standing about! To The Hall! But first, I haven't introduced myself yet! The gnome makes a wild bow with a flourish, snatching a hat up from somewhere and flipping it in the air so it lands on his back as he bows. Dobklonk Drakepipe Wobblenozzle the third! At your service!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:46 am 
Viscount
Viscount

Nocturno will take the offered hand, then shake any dust that transferred to him off.

At the sound of his name, "Uh yes, uhm Wobble? We are quite the motley group at this time."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:20 pm 
Vagabond
Vagabond

"Your third nozzle is wobbly? You might want to get that checked! Or not, if you like it like that." With a minor flourish he reveals a small furry creature. "This here is Chitt by the way." Looking the Dobklonk in the eye he adds sternly "He is NOT food."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:41 pm 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Third nozzle.. What? I... OH! HAHAaahaaa.. no. Not wobbly, or... well no more wobbly than it need be, hahaha. the gnome says with another chuckle. Nocturno shakes and removes the generous donation of dust from himself simply form proximity. Jordek produces his furry compatriot with a flourish, and Dobklonk blinks. Food?! No, not food. We don't usually eat things with a face... But come, let's hold-off these hilarious hijinks and hop down to the Hall! Fiz follows closely behind, waving for the others to join him with an ecstatic grin.

With no more preamble, he turns about on his heels and takes a step towards one of the exits. With a start, he twists abruptly and heads towards the other exit. Curious creature... Indendien mutters with a smirk as she too follows.

The passage leads downward in a meandering arc. The natural stone has been worked here and there into small alcoves depicting scenes of celebration and silly contests. The tunnel continues on and the group can hear the babble of many voices at the end. Finally it opens into a wide dome-shaped hall with several other exits. rows of tables line the sides and the center is clear of furniture. There are many different objects being placed and removed by a dozen young gnomes under the direction of an older one. Plates are being tossed by Gnomes through the air to be caught by others and set in place, while juggling clubs and other objects of entertainment are being moved to the sides. Candles and lamps and jars with luminous fungus in them have been placed in nooks and ledges all about to illuminate the space.

The name for the hall becomes quickly apparent as the ceiling comes into view. Clusters and nodes of gemstones sparkle and glow in the various sources of light. The gems cover a wide array of colors, giving the entire place a bright, clean feeling and dazzling to the eye. Fiz grins wide They're topaz! Every one of em! He says proudly.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:26 pm 
Viscount
Viscount

Nocturno can't help but marvel at the hall. "Impressive."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:43 pm 
Vagabond
Vagabond

Jordek's chuckles can be heard as they walk along the passages as he sees the alcoves however as he walks into the main hall he lets out a low whistle of appreciation as the ceiling comes into view. "That... is beautiful, just.... wow.."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:19 pm 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

A broad grin breaks over Doblonk’s face, Thanks. He says simply, We like it. Fiz chuckles at the minimalistic remark. Spotting someone in the crowd he waves. The gnome hooks his two pinkies into his mouth and let’s out a sharp whistle that echoes through the entire chamber. HEY Everybody! I’m BACK! And these are my friends! Immediately the gnomes toss down whatever they have at hand, tools, food bags, juggling clubs, even plates and cups! Miraculously, not a one of the more fragile items breaks as they are unceremoniously tossed onto tables or seats nearby.

In a mad rush, the large-nosed folk come tumbling and rushing and trotting up, shaking hands and introducing themselves in a flurry of fingers and pleasantries. The impressively polynymous pile up names upon names in a barrage on the group so briskly it’s impossible to tell where one eight-part introduction ends and the next begins! Amusement grows in the wry twist to Indendien’s mouth at the impossible onslaught, just as Galegenoh’s eyes widen in amazement as he numbly shakes the small hands. In a rush, the group scatter and wave back to the newcomers as they resume their preparations, almost as if they had never broken off.

Turning back to the group, Doblonk turns an appraising eye on them, So… usually we asks our guests to provide some kind of entertainment… Well we won’t require it this time since you did us a great service by bringing our fine Fizfordian fellow back, but if anyone has any special talents they’d like to show off while we feast…? He says, cheerfully and with a hint of expectation.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:15 pm 
Viscount
Viscount

Clearly out of his element, Nocturno will shy away from the spot light.

{OoC: Is any one injured? Got the healz still for today I think.}

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:57 pm 
Vagabond
Vagabond

"Talents eh? Well we have this thing we do Chitt and I, and umm... if you have anyone that is hurt I have a spell or 2 that could help. OOOH! I have this great spell that can green this place up a bit... but it would probably be messy...entangle always gets messy." "Hey elf!! You should juggle!" He gives the elf a sidelong concerned look "you can juggle right?" with a shake of the head he continues "of course you can! you're an elf!"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:14 pm 
Viscount
Viscount

"Uh, what?" shaking himself out of his awe of the room, "no uh no, I don't think I can." he will give the gnome dirty look.

"Maybe a story for during dinner? I do like the telling the story of the split of Eilistraee the daughter of Corellon Larethian and of Araushnee." This seemed to pop up in his mind since Linar was in the group, and it is pulling at his mind.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Advanced search