Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:29 am

Advanced search




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “Into The Wild” (Group A: Main Game Thre
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:52 am 
Offline
Count
Count
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 3849
STR Check 18/24: [1d20] = 12


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “Into The Wild” (Group A: Main Game Thre
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:09 am 
Offline
King
King
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 7591
Location:
somewhere in the aether
The group turns south, the current rushing faster as their feet slide and turn oddly on the shifting stones beneath. Soon the raft bumps against the steep bank on the north end of the small island.

Indendien wades out and restrings her bow quickly, watching the wooded area as the others recombobulate themselves. Elden drags the anvil out and shakes likr a dog, flinging water everywhere. He grins sideways at the others, Glad i brought my anchor. he says, repeating his joke from the other shore. The powerful human slings the block of iron and steel back into place across his shoulders; the ponderous weight seemingly hardly inconvenient.

Nocturno makes his way to shore as well, finding his gear all safe upon the raft, if somewhat damper. Chitt peeks out from Jordek's hair, hopping off and rushing around nearby, testing the air for predators.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “Into The Wild” (Group A: Main Game Thre
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:15 am 
Offline
Count
Count
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 3849
Nocturno rolls his eyes at Elden...

"I'll need a moment." he will don his armour again.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “Into The Wild” (Group A: Main Game Thre
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:57 pm 
Offline
Freeman
Freeman

Joined:
Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:13 pm
Posts: 113
Jordek hops off the raft watching Chitt's behavior waiting to see what Chitt senses. While watching the squirrel intently he says casually "Thanks for the ride Elden, we preferred not to have to swim that"


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “Into The Wild” (Group A: Main Game Thre
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:21 am 
Offline
Count
Count
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 3849
After his armour is on Nocturno will look to Indendien to take the lead.

"Can't be far now."


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “Into The Wild” (Group A: Main Game Thre
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:46 pm 
Offline
King
King
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 7591
Location:
somewhere in the aether
Indendien nods and sets out with the others. The woodland island proves unsurprisingly similar to the surrounding forest from which they came. The group search for over an hour with no real sign of habitation aside from that of normal woodland creatures. Abruptly the group hears a cry of anguish from the west, sounding very much like a woman in pain!


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “Into The Wild” (Group A: Main Game Thre
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:10 pm 
Offline
Count
Count
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 3849
Thinking the time for stealth is over Nocturno will increases his pace towards the sound. Drawing his long sword along the way.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “Into The Wild” (Group A: Main Game Thre
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:34 pm 
Offline
King
King
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 7591
Location:
somewhere in the aether
[SqL?]


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “Into The Wild” (Group A: Main Game Thre
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:54 pm 
Offline
Freeman
Freeman

Joined:
Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:13 pm
Posts: 113
If I can rewind here just a bit... During that hour of searching if Jordek came across any small animals he would like to have tried to communicate with them. On an emotional level he would have tried to emulate the feelings of peace and security the group felt when they encountered the grove Katten shares with a dryad. If he had gotten a feeling of recognition in return from any animal he would have tried for direction. He wouldn't have shared any knowledge gained with the group while searching though as he wouldn't want to interrupt the obviously important search. Any information gained would only be shared if the search proved fruitless. (So I don't think any info would have changed the course of current events anyway)

As he hears the scream and watches Nocturno draw his swords and rush off, Jordek sighs and starts off after him grumbling under his breath about the impetuous nature of youth. As he is moving he asks Chitt to scout ahead but to stay alert and hidden.

[If and when he approaches the area the screams are coming from he would like to attempt to do so stealthily and from cover]


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “Into The Wild” (Group A: Main Game Thre
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:52 am 
Offline
King
King
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 7591
Location:
somewhere in the aether
[So, the Sacred Grove was not where the other dryad lived, but it was within Katten's Area of Gusrdianship which she has a special connection to. Jordek would not have felt anything there, but it's not unreasonable to think there might be one here]

[Previously]
During the search, Jordek consults with some of the island's native creatures and finds a talkative squirrel called scrt-scrt after the sound of small branches rubbing together. Scrt-scrg shares that, while there is no 'special' area likr Jordek describes, there is a tree-lady who might know more. He is currently unaware of her location, though.
=====

Elden rushes off right beside Nocturno, Indendien circling off into the woods to one side with her bow drawn. Jordek moves to follow, sending Chitt ahead, who can barely keep pace with the others.

Nocturno and Elden burst from the trees onto the pebbly shore of the West edge of the island. Another scream draws their attention southward. Jordek cuts south towards the newest scream, using the trees for cover and cautiously apprpaches the area. [Everyone sees] There a woman with skin like the slick bole of a cherry tree in clothes of mossy greens and greys slashes angrily with her dagger at a most unusual sight...

A wolf-like assemblage of filthy bones lunges at the fey woman; bits of decrepit flesh and mangy hide hanging off in only a few places. A red glow shines forth from the empty sockets of the unevenly sunbleached skull; vicious fangs snapping in an unsettlingly noisless growl. Another, smaller creature scrambles out of the calm river, scraping and clattering across the stones as it too rushes to attack! Three more shapes, all the remains of small mammals, scurry towards the fray from different positions along the embankment!

[Actions and Initiative please]
===
There is a skeleton-wolf attacking the dryad, and four other, smaller animal skeletons approaching her. They donnot seem to notice the party yet.

Skeletal wolf (Med sized)
Skeletal Badger, Beaver, Foc and Otter (small sized)


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “Into The Wild” (Group A: Main Game Thre
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:39 am 
Offline
Count
Count
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 3849
Nocturno will rush to the Dryad's side with his holy symbol raised in one hand, his sword in the other.
Initiative: [1d10] = 4

"You foul abominations! Leave this place! Be gone from existence!"

Turn Undead:
Turn Undead: [1d20] = 12

[2d6] = 9


Last edited by Nocturno on Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “Into The Wild” (Group A: Main Game Thre
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:15 pm 
Offline
King
King
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 7591
Location:
somewhere in the aether
[You can roll the 2d6. Can j get an init roll too, please?]


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “Into The Wild” (Group A: Main Game Thre
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:02 pm 
Offline
Freeman
Freeman

Joined:
Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:13 pm
Posts: 113
Initiative: [1d10] = 1

Seeing Nocturno rush to the woman's side, Jordek focuses instead on trying to see anything that might be causing the dead animals to rise. He will direct Chitt to stay hidden and get up high and see if he can spot anything else amiss as well.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “Into The Wild” (Group A: Main Game Thre
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:43 am 
Offline
King
King
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 7591
Location:
somewhere in the aether
[SqL, give me a wis check at -4 pls]


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “Into The Wild” (Group A: Main Game Thre
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:59 pm 
Offline
Freeman
Freeman

Joined:
Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:13 pm
Posts: 113
wisdom check [1d20 -4] = 3-4 = -1

hope I did that right...


Top
  Profile 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Advanced search


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group