Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:06 pm

Advanced search

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 433 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 29  Next
 Post subject: Re: Act 2, Scene 1: "A Flicker of Hope" (Main Game Thread)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:53 am 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

"I will keep watch, Jordek, can you harvest what we could sell?"

Nocturno will make sure to keep his back to the lantern, and look to any passage ways.

"Linar, if you are near by, see if you can find anything." Smirking, thinking he is trusting a Darkelf to scout for their safety.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:00 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Bullock lights his lantern and continues north. He can hear two people conversing quietly in a language he doesn't know. Before long he spots Linar as the light falls on him. The Drow is speaking to someone around the corner

====
Everyone is still fairly near each other so no semse ssplitting up the happeningd at this point.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:30 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Linar sheathes his swords and straightenshis cloak , which just happens to show his holy icon. He carefully observes for any reaction whilst he continues to talk in a sibilant, rasping tongue. His fingers twitch as if agitated.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:17 pm 
Peasant
Peasant

At the mention of the name "Lloth", Findalsip seems repulsed and spits on the ground. In drow: "To the Abyss with her!" Upon seeing the swords sheathed and the drowns holy symbol, the young lady turns a bit more toward the drow revealing a holy symbol of Callarduran Smoothhands and showing the bottle of wine she has. Again in drow: "I have come from the caverns behind me. I was sent forth to explore this area."

Son of a blowgun, and I'm having a hard time holding these Aboleth shoes down! WOO!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:38 am 
Emperor
Emperor

"You will submit," continues Linar in his native tongue, "to this.." and casts 'Detect Lie', and iterates:
    "You are devoted to Callarduran Smoothhands?"
    "You reject Lolth and all her works?"

He then moves on to new ground with:
    "Who send you to explore this area?"
    "What are you looking for in this area?"
    "From how deep in the caverns behind have you come; from a place with a name?"
    "Have others travelled with you on this exploration?"

If Bullock or the other approach Linar holds up his left hand, palm upraised, intending to indicate he has it under control, but his eyes never leave the newly encounted drow..

======
@Styrius - No offence intended with the Detect Lie; just part of the game. :) Welcome!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:08 pm 
Peasant
Peasant

Findalsip Save v Magic [1d20+3]=11+3=14 Success!

"MIlord, I have offered you wine and my physical self what more must I submit to? Was not the curse to Lloth enough to convince you of my intentions? I understand the position you might be in. How do I know this is not a ruse designed to flush out the traitor drow? DO YOU curse the name of Lloth? I can tell you are an untrusting soul. If you must know the heads of my town sent me out to explore these caverns. They would know who or what lies within. My town has a name but its name I cannot say right now and I travel alone. Thus being out on my own I ran across this cave and found the remains of those that have met the gaze of the *stone-lizard*. I surely may have wound up like these others had you and others :?: not dispatched it. You a curious one to be sure. So come now, show me who you are!"

Findalsip casts "Command - (strip)" on the drow he is talking to.

======
@Chris1234 I'm hoping this will be fun :lol:

Son of a blowgun, and I'm having a hard time holding these Aboleth shoes down! WOO!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:31 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Linar moves his hands to unfasten the cloak then stops and says in his native langauge, "I think not. Not until later. We shall see." He smiles and ioffers a hand, "I am Linar. What is your name? Come and meet my friends. A strange assortment but well capable. Remember our heritage threatens them until we become known to them. I do not speak their surface langauge, their 'Common' tongue."

Linar switches to elven, "Most here understand elven. Do you?" The male drow turns to the lightholder and those gathered around. "I have offered this lady my friendship and will stake my life in vouching for her. I would take it as a kindness if you treat her as you would me. Please, introduce yourselves." He steps back, turning northwards, aware the the cavern has not been fully explored. Linar moves quietly away from the conversation so that he may listen for noise such as the shuffling of another eight-legged lizard.

====
lol
Linar MR54 [1d100]=18

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:41 pm 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Katten takes two steps away from her petrified friend, her blue eyes glinting in th darkness as she watches this new person with suspicion, she stands before the stone elf protectively, the massive long bow dwarfing her small frame. A frame that is clad enough to be decent and partially covers the dark grey fur that covers her whole body.

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:21 am 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

From SQL:

Jordek will comply and try to harvest whatever he can from the basilisk.

"Hey Pincushion, you will probably need to carry some of this."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:13 pm 
Artisan
Artisan

Bull

I am Bullock of the Mountain Clan. Apprentice to the clan Elder, First in Line of the Chosen. What or who has sent you to this place?

He looks at Jordek. I will help carry some of your multi-legged lizard. And Katten if you wish to move your friend outside in the light of day I will be more than happy to help with that too.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:35 pm 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Nocturno sighs and mutters under his breath.

"Another one."

He will turn to the corpses general area.

"If you can harvest it, I will carry it."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:47 am 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

"I not know if move her would hurt, we not break any bits, they important." She backs towards the Stone elf, knowing her Husband and Brother are nearby, they would help.

Borderlands 3 - Navi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:22 am 
Emperor
Emperor

Unless he hears anything akin to octopedal reptilian shuffling, Linar moves back to the statue, actually a petrified adventurer, that Ketten is so focused and and says in elven, "Please, step back for a moment, I want to try soemthing that may reverse the petrification."

After removing any easily-moved non-stone parts and handing them to Katten, Linar tries a Dispel Megic targeted on the statue. If it didn't quite work, but he thinks it might, he invites Findalsip to try, in case she has the ability.

He then quietly slips away to continue a perimeter patrol.

Last edited by Chris1234 on Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:21 am 
Emperor
Emperor

Linar returns briefly and faces the pettified Dillosel. Dellinanth and Indendien watch carefully as he works the spell, eyes constantly moving between the two. A purple glow surrounds the statue, shrinking rapidly to a single spot on hwr forehead before winking out... those sstanding nearby wait tense seconds but nothing changes. Linar sets off to scout the rest of the cave...

===
Linar casts Dispel Magic on Dillosel
No Effect!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:09 am 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Kattens eyes go wide in expectation, only to fall to her knees when the spell fails, she remains there for some time, pondering, thinking.

"Hmmm." She switches to Elven, "These people came to kill the creature, Sel stumbled here by accident, she was foolhardy.. When you attack you have knowledge." Rubbing the fur on top of her head she ponders, she wasnt the brightest, while it looked like she ran on instinct most of the time, she had also learnt lessons.

"Planning, you would bring something to help you." She notes the Minataurs new shield, the plate she carried.. standing she scans the bodies using her enchanced vision, "Someone would be carrying something if it all went wrong.. what are those things you spell people use? Words to do the things you can't?" She asks outloud still in Elven.

Borderlands 3 - Navi

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 433 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 29  Next

Advanced search