Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:35 am

Advanced search

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1068 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 72  Next
 Post subject: Re: ** Part I: Fire and Ash **
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:05 pm 
Marshall
Marshall

Immediately after sinking his teeth into his intended prey, IDRYS feels a deep agony on the inner part of his left thigh as the actress-whore cuts him with a dagger (-3 HP dmg), 'you little creep!' she roars, bolting for the door yelling 'HELP!!!! THERE'S A KILLER ON THE LOOSE!!!! VAMPIRE! HE'S A REAL VAMPIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Five men come bolting up the stairs, one yells 'some asshole's getting rough with the ladies, let's teach that sonofabitch a lesson!'

The five enter the room and surround you, twirling in a circle so their cloaks get into your face in an annoying distracting manner. 'Gonna gut you like a pig, you filthy swine' one of them snarled.

REACTION

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:49 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

[So even when he has a death grip on her throat and a guaranteed bite to the main veins he still can't even kill a hooker :lol: And there was no chance to close/block the door after she ran out before 5 guys charged down the hall and into the room?]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:14 pm 
Marshall
Marshall

Tough prostitute used to rough treatment, strange characters and rough men, sellswords knifemen, bountyhunters, hired killers, thugs, and thieves? Plus a dagger slice across the inner portion of your thigh would sufficiently sting to break said grip. This is usually why vampires charm their prey, no resistance. FYI The girl was a 2nd level thief, fyi :)

Most likely she's already dead, she just didn't die immediately in your arms.

Door was left ajar when she came in to check on you.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:28 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

[Ooc: I was just a little surprised 5 guys could hear her and run down the hall before I can close a door I'm 5' away from :lol: From the window is there a section of roof/overhang/porch-roof reach using his parkour nwp?]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:40 pm 
Marshall
Marshall

What? Surprised 5 thieves were conveniently on hand ready to pounce on unsuspecting lone occupant being distracted by their 'working girl'? :) That the door was left conveniently open?

The window isn't open but you could easily crash through it. You could also use parkour to simply leap over the five for the door.

You can hear the zombie actors below, discussing their acting techniques. "Zombie's just aren't that scary, really, this show will never get off the ground, Ardin. I'm going to have to quit the role, I need to put bread on the table. The Théâtre des Vampires pays top coin for one of my supreme skills. They do not even care how good or bad your acting is, they always find you a part! No matter how small the role.'

Ardin: 'Go on then, who needs you?! Hah, vampires. That's rich! They've been overplayed for the last thousand years in the histories of my profession'

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:19 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

[Ooc: lol, actors :roll: Good thing he grabbed his gear before the girl started 'working'. Parkour for the descent, obviously]

Idrys dives nimbly past them crashing through the window shutter, somehow managing to pull his pants up in the process. Silently thankful he had gathered his equipment earlier he uses his unnatural agility and training to catch the window ledge. He employs the wall, ledges, angled roof and every other sure hold at hand to control his descent to the ground. Landing half a pace away from "Ardin" he surreptitiously wipes the fresh blood from his bared fangs with one arm, catching the man's gaze with his still-red eyes. Ridiculous. Who would ever play a vampire. With that he strides off, ducking down a side street in search of a decent disguise for later but keeping ahead of any pursuers.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:49 pm 
Marshall
Marshall

Parkour: 1 succeeded.

AS if crashing through a window wasn't attention grabbing entirely in and of itself, nimbly scaling walls and such with flippant ease nearly hypnotized all who bore witness to your agile moves. You latched onto a clothesline, swung around and crash landed into a heap of trash filled crates, drawing attention to the unmasked zombie-actors. Both of them saunter away, 'What a flashy sonofabitch' one of the actors said.

From above, one of the thieves in the window levels a wristbow at you takes aims and fires, shooting a tiny dart that thuds into your dirk, the bolt has a grappling claw head that snags your dirk and its ripped out of its sheath. The thief seemed triumphant and overjoyed, until you reach your hand out and use the magnetic glove to retract the the filtched weapon. The dagger flies back and into its prospective sheath.

'He's a bloody vampire after all, let's get the fuck out of here!' the incredulous thief screamed.

You now found yourself tromping around the area outside of the Boarshead Inn, adjacent to a long stretch of highway which cut a snaking swath through beautiful, idyllic landscape. From the entrance you heard cheerful minstrel music and a sea of conversation assailed your ears, muting your own thought processes with disruptive noises. Only with your discipline muted the sounds of chaos.

*NEW* Up ahead, along the road was a series of wagons, 5 in all daisy chained together. There were six men guarding it, a hooded driver, and at point was a hooded woman clad in black spike studded leather, a dark gray cloak and hood, with a shortbow on the side of her steed. She had a quiver of javelins and what appeared to be a two handed scimitar sheathed across her back. On the opposite side of her shortow looked like a folded staff of some type. She gives you a brief look and the others park the train in the east side of the Inn then out back somewhere.

The woman teethers her beautiful steed after dismounting. You noticed the horse has chainmail barding.

A stableboy, obviously slow in the mind from the way he carried himself and talked came out to greet the warrior woman. She flipped him a silver piece 'scrub him down and let him graze, make sure no other rides him, for their sake and yours' she strides into the Boarshead.

You're now outside the main commonroom entrance of the Inn on the front porch, there's some stragglers who come in and out time to time. From your vantage point you see the crowd is mostly drunken farmers, mercenaries, a few merchants, some guides, and merchant bodyguards.

You overhear the following from within the Inn:

Coarse man's voice:"I heard there's a new cult who follows some crazy mad God, they're keen with chains. I think they're the ones who love pain. Anyways, crazy louts are turning up in every town and city in Nyr and Jez'zur'

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:42 am 
Emperor
Emperor

Idrys heads down the street, looking for a spot to clean the blood off himself and compose a suitable disguise out-of-view of the locals.

[Out of curiosity, how far away is the Holy Blanket in the Temple District]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:04 am 
Marshall
Marshall

You look around and only see the main highway road which cuts through long rolling hills and very green surrounding countryside. Think 'the Shire' or 'somewhere in Scotland' and you'll get an idea of whats around you (see attached)

Lor is approximately 25-30 miles from the Boarshead Inn.

There's a roadside marker which reads To LOR (arrow points west)

Idrys ducks behind some tree's and disguises himself, applying makeup and cleaning blood from his mouth.

After completing your new disguise, a tall (6'4) man steps out onto the front porch of the Inn and peers around as if scanning for something. Not seeing anything he goes back inside.

1.5 hr until the secret meeting.

Attachments:
File comment: countryside surrounding the Inn
Inn.jpg
Inn.jpg [ 117.76 KiB | Viewed 4243 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:03 am 
Emperor
Emperor

Idrys takes up a position inside where he can see the entances, internal doors and stairs well, and where he can listen in on the discourse regarding 'the new cult'. Sounds like a connection to that blubbery fake vampire... he muses silently to himself.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:42 am 
Marshall
Marshall

Idrys strides into the main commonroom of the Inn, greeted by several bar wenches and mostly overlooked by the throng of revelers, patrons and other types.

The common room is immensely ginormous,,and whatever conversation you were seeking to pick up on is lost in the sea of chaos. A drunk bard sits in a corner of the tavern spinning a seemingly endless tale, but no one is listening.

At table #1: A bedraggled adventurer decries, "There was a man called turtle, walls that aren't there, living daggers; I never did figure out what was going on!"

Bar wench: 'sit wherever you like, handsome!'

AS you make way toward an empty table near the hearth, a dirt blonde haired dandy crashes into you and spills his leather flagoon full of ale all pver you. His face contorts to a mask of outrage and he sneered at you angrily 'you stupid fool! Look at what you've done! Go get me me another you filth and be quick about it!'

Out of the corner of your eye you spot a Dwarf and Elf seated together. A barmaid comes to their table, and the Dwarf grabs her by the arm, she struggles to break free and the Dwarf breaks her arm! Meanwhile, the elf is laughing all the while as though this were the most entertaining thing imaginable.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:42 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

[Ooc: Rough place.]

Idrys ignores the dwarf and elf for now, he cares little for those without some value to him. His youthful pride prickles at the fop's drunken demands. If you can't even cross the room without dumping your ale all over someone you don't nees another drink. he practically growls, stretching to his disguised self's full 6'4" height. Now get the fuck out of my sight before I skin you and use your wothless hide to dry my shirt. He pushes past the man and takes up the seat he was headed for, requesting a cloth to dry himself and res wine to drink.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:24 pm 
Marshall
Marshall

The fop scampers away fuming and angry, then disappears in the crowd.

You find your seat adjacent to the roaring hearth, which causes you some minor discomfort. One of the five barmaids saunters over and smiles warmly, saying: 'Our house special today is giant crayfish seafood stew with corn bread if you're hungry. We also has bronzwick stew which hath chicken, barley, okra, rabbit, tomatoes, squirrel and some other bits in it in an excellent garlicky dark ale broth' she pours you some Nyrian pear wine, in a leather flagon.

You see the woman from before who entered ahead of you seated at a table nearby with two merchants. The first merchant hands the woman a leather drawstring pouch and the second pours her some wine. Merchant #1 says 'Well then, ranger we will miss your company dearly. Your friends misinformed me regarding your skills and experience, they're far more worth the scant coin you gained from the voyage. Be well, Elsmyrian. We ride for the Gate Mountains in the morning, bright and early. Good luck in your endeavors!'

The woman removed her hood revealing a natural beauty, a mane of long brown hair and eyes that were gray and lustrous, full sensual lips and a quiet aura about her. She bade the merchants farewell and was engrossed in the study of a map.

You notice the Dwarf and Elf got up, moving toward the staircase that lead up to the second and third floors of the Inn. The Elf briefly locked eyes with you and grinned, laughing still for no apparent reason.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:36 pm 
Marshall
Marshall

@ John Hunter: after being deposited on the riverbank, some friendly wine merchants provided you a lift to the Boarshead Inn. As the name described there's a ginormous boars head mounted above the main bar. Some local drunks tell you that boar hunting is a local fun that many come here from all over the Inner Kingdoms to participate in.

You are greeted with a loud crowd of farmers, merchants, mercenaries, soldiers, and travelers all seated about doing their thing, drinking and talking, the vibe of the crowd is very relaxed and carefree, friendly and such. The bouncers look incredibly bored as if wishing for a brawl to break out.

While struggling to find an available seat, a beautiful brunette warrior woman clad in the rainment of a ranger casually calls you over and bades you to have a seat beside her 'Well met, Dwarf! Have a chair and an ale, if you'd have it. It's been some time since I last met one of your folk. Tell me, would you have any experience in the maintenance of spears or scimitars?" she asks you casually. 'Of course I would compensate you for your skill"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:51 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Rabbit, rare. Okra and cornbread. He says, cleaning up when she brings him a cloth. Idrys notes the new arrival and listens in, keeping an eye out for the returning fop or the dwarf abd elf. He checks covertly to make sure his disguise is still good and ponders the dwarf's laughter. Perhaps he just thought my comment to the drunken dandy amusing...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1068 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 72  Next

Advanced search