Site Changes, Upgrades, New Ideas Etc - Freedom to Speak!

Have a question to ask, a general site related comment to make, or a complaint about a site feature or problem. Then this is the place to do it. All general chat about the website should be under this category.

Moderators: Jenara, Cole

Re: Site Changes, Upgrades, New Ideas Etc - Freedom to Speak

Postby Cole » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:17 pm

OK! (March 9th, 2017)

On a friggin roll now. Got our "DARK POLL" working once again. It's taken forever because NONE of them integrate well with our theme. But I managed to get it working fantastically now. Everyone can vote once every 30 days ;)

You can also look at sub-polls and vote on polls of the past. It's there for good now! :coffee:

Also looked into getting our IRC channel back, but unfortunately the IRC server we used is dead :( but no biggie, we have the game rooms anyway ;)

Working on theme expansion and getting our site to mimic everyone's monitor better. Right now it's pretty dam good with the exception of people who have HUGE monitors. I'll see what I can do.

OK, back to the grind. ~ later
The Borg of Dungeons & Dragons
Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster

Favorite D&D Edition: 1st Edition

Postby RPG Dinosaur » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:36 pm

Cole wrote:
RPG Dinosaur wrote:I don't know if anyone else is having this issue but there has been two instances from late March until late April when I've gone to post new messages (and one occassion just preview one) after already being logged in and the site has insisted that I need to log in to do so. Then after doing that my message was erased and I had to start from scratch. It hasn't happended in the last two weeks, but I've taken to making Word copies of longer posts on my jump drive to have a back up if this hiccup occurs.

Still having this issue Matt?

No, I'm not and haven't since those two instances almost a year ago. It's pretty rare that things fix themselves, but that seems to be the case. :) Thanks for asking about it.
_Matt_
RPG Dinosaur
Artisan
Artisan

Favorite D&D Edition: 1st Edition, with some 2nd

Postby RPG Dinosaur » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:44 pm

RPG Dinosaur wrote:
Cole wrote:
RPG Dinosaur wrote:I don't know if anyone else is having this issue but there has been two instances from late March until late April when I've gone to post new messages (and one occassion just preview one) after already being logged in and the site has insisted that I need to log in to do so. Then after doing that my message was erased and I had to start from scratch. It hasn't happended in the last two weeks, but I've taken to making Word copies of longer posts on my jump drive to have a back up if this hiccup occurs.

Still having this issue Matt?

No, I'm not and haven't since those two instances almost a year ago. It's pretty rare that things fix themselves, but that seems to be the case. :) Thanks for asking about it.

Well, I spoke a little to soon. I recently went to add a post to Halaster-Blackcloaks thread about Incorporating Animal followers and the problem came up again. I was already logged in and hit the submit button and the site said that I had to log in, exactly like I described the first time. It wasn't very annoying this time, because I've gotten into the habit of making a copy of any post that is longer than a paragraph before hitting the submit button.
_Matt_
RPG Dinosaur
Artisan
Artisan

Favorite D&D Edition: 1st Edition, with some 2nd

Previous

Return to Site Related